Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hi to you!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Hi to you!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheUnspeakable on Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:25 pm

I went to a new RP site because I was drunk and really bored. However, instead of the usual quick lookie-loo 'n' leave, I found a deep, meaningful, rich community filled with great RPers and all sorts of super-neato, immersive RP.

Then, I closed the window and lost the URL, so I came here.

No, seriously, all tom-noobery aside, this place looks kinda neat. If anyone wants to take the time to give me a quick rundown of what's what and where's who, that'd be some kinda special. Otherwise, I guess I'll eventually get it on my own. I just need, time, you know?

I love light-hearted RP, and I kinda have a bit of a short fuse with RPers who take themselves seriously. We're all just a bunch of dancing sad clowns on this grand tapestry, so stop pretending you're SRZ BZNZ. And if you don't think you are, then HAIL 2 U!

Anyways, I'm a D&D vet half as old as dirt. Incidentally, I've got an immature steak a mile wide that makes me read Shonen in all it's hideous incarnations. If you need an off-centered but perfectly reasonable guy who's hardly ever obnoxious and will only make you regret inviting him a little, for any kind of RP, just drop me a line.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheUnspeakable
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Hi to you!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pseudosyne on Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:19 pm

Hey Unspeakable. So, a quick rundown of what's what and where's who. The forums themselves are fairly self-explanatory. You have your Discussion forum for debate and such, Main Lobby for almost anything, Out of Character for your RP OOCs, interest checks, or signups, and your IC forums for the RPs themselves. We also have a nice RPG chat with several IC channels which you can use for regular chat RP or dueling and a few OOC channels. There's a nice PM feature if you're interested; you can check that out under Account --> Private Messages.

If you want to create an official character for use in chat, just go to Characters --> Add New and simply follow the instructions. To actually use that character in chat, just log into chat and check out the command help (that little ? in the bottom right).

Make sure that you read the site rules and ask questions if you're not sure what you should be doing. You can ask one of us Global Moderators (or greenies, if you prefer), any of the other colored name people, or even just users who've been around here long enough to know what's going on.

And of course, there's Remaeus, our creator and owner. He's that dude in dark red.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Pseudosyne
Scholar
Member for 16 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rozwell on Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:21 pm

Because Udos (Pseudosyne) Gave his awesome intro there I will just say this:

Welcome to RPGateway :D! <3

Rozwell
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loremaster on Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:24 pm

Welcome. I can already tell we are going to get along. I too can't stand anyone who takes themselves too seriously. We are all here to have fun.

I, myself, am the least serious of them all, and as such, am not overly well liked. But It's never stopped me before.

Also, I tend to vanish a lot. My internet access is somewhat limited. But, that doesn't stop me from returning and raining havoc down upon the heads of others.

Hope you enjoy your stay ^_^ Have fun.
"I didn't like the world I was in, so I made one of my own."
-
*Is taking over*

Loremaster
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheUnspeakable on Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:18 pm

Ahh, it's all my pleasure, lots of fun. Thanks for the welcome. Rules look really unrestrictive, the whole place has a nice atmosphere. Got that whole "five star luxury for a four star price" kinda feel. See you all around!

TheUnspeakable
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!