Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Zero G Combat! (Sign Up)

a topic in Battle Arena, a part of the RPG forum.

A bloody repository for combat. Get your adrenaline fix here: start a fight, find a sparring partner, train, or just spend your time studying older matches. Don't forget to record the results of your fights in the Hall of Records!

Zero G Combat! (Sign Up)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tetrino on Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:26 am

Right, this is a rather new concept to RP battling as far as I know: Zero gravity.

Combatants will fight in a large perfectly spherical chamber, the walls reinforced by reflective metal. The level of ambient light is equally bright in any part of the chamber, despite an apparent lack of lighting. Scattered throughout the chamber are large obsidian cubes, each the size of a fully grown human. These absorb any energy directed at them, and thus appear a dull black to anyone observing them. Within the center of the chamber, a translucent bubble, shimmering light blue-green with stored energy, lies completely motionless. This bubble is essential to winning the battle.

Here is a diagram of the chamber and its components.

As the battle starts, the combatants will be at opposing ends of the chamber, equidistant from each other. Their feet will be in contact with the reflective metal lining of the chamber, allowing them to kick off as the battle commences. The chamber has a radius of 20 feet.

Due to the weightless nature of the arena, propulsion is a vital aspect of battle. Some combatants might use jets or turbines, while others might

Below is a basic guide to gaining control of the energy bubble at the center of the chamber.

As shown, the bubble is completely impervious to ranged attack from outside, and melee attack from inside. Once someone has sealed himself within the bubble, he is unable to exit until someone else breaches it and ejects him (by force or otherwise). A single slash (or bash, in the case of a blunt weapon) is enough to tear open a large breach in the bubble wall, which will automatically close up after a few minutes.

Any ranged attacks from the inside will be trebled as they pass through the bubble, meaning even a thin stream of fire can be amplified into a raging inferno. This applies for any form of ranged attack, be it magical, physical or even electromagnetic.

Now that I’ve explained all that, there are a few more things. Rules, to be exact.

1. This is a Free-For-All battle, so no teaming up to screw over someone just for the heck of it. However, tactically sound ceasefires (such as storming the guy in the bubble) are allowed.

2. RPers who sign up must be capable of posting frequently. Any characters that remain idle for one week will be subject to a brutal death by the other combatants.

3. Any setting is allowed. However, keep strictly to that setting. I don’t want to see Space Marines summoning giant spotted dicks or Dwarves wielding AIDS cannons and lightsaber sporks. And godmodding, rather than letting you win the battle in one shot, will get you killed brutally.

4. I want more-or-less human-sized combatants. No Gundams or Godzillas.

5. Be sure to have at least one ranged weapon and one melee weapon, as lacking either will result in you being unable to utilize the bubble. By the way, you cannot teleport into the bubble.

6. NO autohit, one line replies, yadda yadda yadda, you know the drill. I like to practice flawless grammar when posting, and I hope you will too. At least, make it easy to read.

Character sheet:
Name: [Whatever you want]
Race: [Anything as long as it’s killable]
Setting: [Which time and place your character comes from, e.g. Warhammer, LotR, future]
Appearance: [Description or a picture]
Weaponry: [Maximum 3, along with 5 spells/abilities]
Fighting Style: [Whatever fits]

I will begin the battle once I have 3 confirmed combatants. Maximum is 6.

Combatants:
<Donny> Wow, who's this new Azrican fag?
<Alucroas> He's the man who typo'd African

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tetrino
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Zero G Combat! (Sign Up)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tailen on Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:54 am

seems pretty cool

Name: Eva Swanbrook
Race: Osari (see character profile page in link)
Setting:Earth, preasent day (fantasy)
Appearance: Image
Weaponary:Nightblade, Angelus Crystal (again see profile)
Fighting Style:Eva tries to preserve as much energy as she can holding back on using the Angelus Crystal as much as possible, only releasing it when need be.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tailen
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kædai on Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:56 am

Name: Kaedai Mikailo
Race: Human
Setting: Earth-Futuristic
Appearance: Kaedai is tall and very built, standing at 6' 4" and weighing 240 lbs. He is tan and has bright blue eyes. When it is allowed to grow out, he has dark brown hair. He wears armor of black, with an advanced helmet that includes a HUD. On his back, he wears a jetpack for getting around. His boots have magnetic clamps on them, so he can attach to anything metal.
Weaponry: Carries a sniper rifle, a pulse rifle, and a broadsword.
Fighting Style: Kaedai is comfortable at close and long range, being proficient at both.

Kædai
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tetrino on Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:10 am

Since no one else is interested, I'll be starting the Arena minus the energy bubble.

Tetrino
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tetrino on Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:20 am

Tetrino
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blitzkrieg on Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:31 am

Hmm... is this still open?

Name: Blitzkrieg (also called Blitz)
Setting: Modern-Futuristic
Appearance: Blitz has medium length black spiky hair with neon green tips. His eyes are completely jet black with glowing green reptilian pupils. His upper body consists of a dense metal chestplate (built into him) and an external metal ribcage. He usually wears a black sleveless shirt to cover this. His arms are made of green lightning, held together by a number of metal rings. His hands are silver liquid metal. He wears loose, baggy black pants held up by a green sash.
Weaponry: His arms, which can extend, his hands, which can transform into three different battle morphs, and a number of different kinds of bombs.
Fighting Style: In regular gravity, he is very heavy due to his dense structure. As such, he usually stays in one place, moving little and letting his fast arms do the work for him. In zero-g he swings around using his extending arms. Blitz is very sturdy, and can take a lot of hits thanks to his dense armor, and so he will often ignore an attack that is too weak to do much to him. His arms are extremely fast, but they slow down over time, as he eventually runs out of power in his internal generator. Heavy blows usually have no damage to him physically. Instead they damage his energy levels. The less energy he has, the less powerful he is, and eventually he shuts down when he runs out of power.

If this isn't open I'll just delete this post or somthing.

Blitzkrieg
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tetrino on Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:18 pm

I'm afraid you'll have to wait for the next one, sorry. Hopefully this one does well enough that I see fit to make a sequel.

Tetrino
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blitzkrieg on Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:31 pm

Meh... just my luck. oh well.

Blitzkrieg
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tetrino on Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:22 am

Tailen hasn't posted in a week. Kaedai, you have permission to subject her to a gruesome death. Extra points if you utilize one of the cubes in her murder.

Once that's done, I'll see if anyone else wants to try this out. All I need are 3 people, and I'll make a second round.

Tetrino
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kædai on Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:11 pm

Sweet I gotz meh some bonus points.

Kædai
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tetrino on Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:38 am

Now that that's done, sign up are open once again. Kaedai, if you wish to participate again, you're welcome to do so. Blitz, you're also accepted if you wish to.

Tetrino
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blitzkrieg on Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:02 pm

Sweet. So, are you gonna make a new ic topic, or are we gonna use the old one, or what?

Blitzkrieg
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tetrino on Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:50 pm

I'll make a new one.

Tetrino
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KyojoKen on Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:11 am

Name: Haxor the Butcher
Race: Bleezer
Setting: Pluto-Futuristic
Appearance: Wears a black hood over his thick hytanium armour, a light but very strong material, which is made up of 3 layers. Has grey eyes and is bald. Has many battle scars, showing that he is a veteran of war and has won many battles in the past. His armour too has many scars. His pants are also made from the same material as his armour. He wears thick white boots. His gloves are made from a being known as a Neem, a bear like creature found only on the planet Pluto.
Weaponry: Devourer Blade, Paramedium Plasma Blaster, Pshyon Shockwave(Magic), Bound Shackles(Magic)
Fighting Style: Being a veteran of war, Haxor is very well adapted to both close and long range battles. He excels mainly in close quarter combat. He lacks the agility that most of the other contenders have but has a nearly unlimited amount of stamina.

KyojoKen
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tetrino on Fri May 02, 2008 10:30 am

It has begun.

Take turns to post. First round of posts details the preparations made during the countdown. Have fun!

Tetrino
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kædai on Wed May 14, 2008 5:44 pm

Tet, I'm not in. Sorry, I'm in enough RPs already.

Kædai
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby |LaughingMan| on Thu May 15, 2008 5:48 pm

This still open?

|LaughingMan|
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tetrino on Thu May 15, 2008 11:40 pm

Sure, you can take Kaedai's place if you wish.

Tetrino
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby |LaughingMan| on Fri May 16, 2008 2:59 pm

Name: Anthony Brasran
Race: Cybernetic Human
Setting: Custom Universe (based on the Marvel character, Tony Stark)
Appearance: Image
Weaponry: Cybernetic Armor, Concussive Energy Gauntlets, Biomechanical Aura.
Fighting Style: Brutal

|LaughingMan|
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!