Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Zombie Apocalypse meets Dungeon Crawler?

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Zombie Apocalypse meets Dungeon Crawler?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Exodyus on Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:31 pm

I'm relatively knew to Gateway, but hardly new to writing and role playing. My name is Jeff and I am an addict. </end chorus; hi jeff>

I'm sure a lot of you reading this are like -- awwgawd, ANOTHER Zombie RP? Or Zombie Survival? Etc? But I want to change that mentality right here and now. Bringing new things to the table, and new types of zombies, making this something similar to a Left 4 Dead meets a Hack 'n Slash where those who love to fight and gore shit will get their chance, while those who LOVE to write, will get the chance to write with some epic players and people, all while trying to survive whatever I throw at you.

Name of the Game: Zombie Apocalypse Survival
Type of Game: GM/DM run, Maps Provided.

I want to run this like a Dungeons and Dragons plot, minus the die rolls because they're a headache to keep track of for a lot of people and the integrity/trust issue follows in with who rolled what and was it edited. Seen it too many times, we're not face to face, don't worry about the dice. I want this in a room by room fashion. I want to set a time frame for when something disastrous is going to occur and you need to get the HELL IN AND OUT without dying and getting stuck.

How this will run: This might be better said, how I would LIKE TO see it run. Everyone makes ONE character. First person or third, you will para-only, write out your character with a melee weapon and some form of distance weapon. We're going to make this bad-boy a hack 'n slash, so we're taking out the absolute necessity of counting muntions or whatever, but if you over-use it, I will call expended and you'll have no distance shots left, unless you find some from random dead adventurers before you... or kill your buddy and take his shit.

+ Each player will receive bonuses for all whom escape as well. Best to keep your friends alive.
+ Everything will be run in chapters. I have plenty of maps, and there's a whole world out there, so if I run out -- I'll start mean-mugging Google Earth. Mwuhaha!
+ Each chapter will have a baby-synopsis of what's going on and why. It might make sense, or it might be a total LOL -- either way, you're going to need something in here and you're in a Zombie Apocalypse ... where else do you have to be right now? You're an adventurer. Bam.
+ Upgrades will be had, requests may be made. Etc, etc...

I wont be playing a character specifically, because I'll be playing Specials and mass quantities of undead mobs, waiting for their heads to be hollowed! <3

Whatcha' think?
Interested?
Like Mayhem, Destruction, and Awesome Writing? | http://exodyus.org

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Exodyus
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Zombie Apocalypse meets Dungeon Crawler?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Exodyus on Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:15 am

Nobody? Lol.

:[

</end thread?>

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Exodyus
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:28 am

Sounds interesting. I have work in a few hours though, need to go get some sleep.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flieslikeabrick on Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 am

So, basically, we(players) will walk around the area you give us and kill the living shit out of the undead?(Yes, I know that doesn't make any sense.) That's so... AWESOME! Count me in this.

flieslikeabrick
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!