Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Abilities: The Meeting (IC)

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Abilities: The Meeting (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxanexiaxX on Sun May 10, 2009 5:15 pm

Halo just shrugged her shoulders. She had just gotten here about a few minutes ago and had no idea of what they were supposed to do. All she knew is that these people were just like her with special powers. She then looked up at the two. " Hey did you guys receive a letter, like in the mail?". She wanted to make sure that she wasn't t he only one. "It talked about how people like us were all gonna be here?" . She sat down on the ground and started to play with her hair. "Sooooo, umm whats your powers?" she said her head facing the floor.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

XxanexiaxX
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hunter in the Alley on Sun May 10, 2009 6:28 pm

"I didn't get a letter. It just felt right to be here, you know? Gave me a sense of belonging." Ryan said. He was talking much more than he had talked in long while. Normally he only talked to the demons, but they weren't great conversationalists as one one could imagine. In fact, this was the first time he'd been in a room with this much people. He backed away a little, and sat in a chair.
Run Rudy Run...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hunter in the Alley
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snowdrift on Sun May 10, 2009 6:30 pm

Sky looked at Halo and dig in her pocket. Her eyes was still closed as she raised a piece of paper in front of her. "Yeah." Her voice was quiet and soft. She laid the paper on the table and opened her eyes revealing a rare light blue color pupil, almost the same color as a clear blue sky. She folded her arms and looked at Halo. "My power is control over the weather and i master in the art of the three-sword fighting style as you can see." She laid her right hand on her swords. "and i also master all the ancient, forgotten moves of martial arts." Her expression remain emotionless as she spoke. Even though she was only a teenager, her voice was full of wisdom.

Snowdrift
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zawtz on Sun May 10, 2009 6:48 pm

"I can leave my body and enter..." Jimi was interupted by a loud commotion on the other side of the library as he began to speak.

A large beefy man had just smashed through a bookshelf and had a pained look on his face. His eyes glowed with madness as he began smashing things ruthelessly. His ability was quite evident. Everyone looked in shock at this strange sight. The six foot tall bull of a man was yelling something incoherantly as he began to make his way towards the group. He flung the first person he reached halfway across the library and charged for the next nearest...

Jimi acted quickly as he ran towards this distressed person.

Zawtz
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snowdrift on Sun May 10, 2009 6:58 pm

Sky also acted quickly, she jumped out of her chair and got into squatting stance and she had her Left hand on the handle of her sword. She knew she wasn't going to do anything unless she felt threaten or felt that she might be in danger. She watched the movement of the man carefully and ready herself.

Snowdrift
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zawtz on Sun May 10, 2009 7:11 pm

Finally a reason to use his power. And not leaving his body...his true power.

Jimi jumped towards the strongman who was busy rushing towards Sky. It was time to do it. He reached forward and grabbed the man on his shoulder and began the painful process. Instantly the attacker froze in pain. His face contorted as his veins began to pop up. Jimi could feel the power surging into him..there was nothing that the hostile man could do...nothing. He continued his grip, being sure to sap as much strength as possible. He could hear the crowd yelling at him but couldn't hear what they where saying. All that existed now was him and the attacker..and if he held on much longer the attacker would no longer exist.

An intense look came accross his face. He could feel it now. He was become strong. The man's collarbone cracked under his grip. Jimi would have to get used to having such strength...

Zawtz
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shinra114 on Sun May 10, 2009 7:21 pm

Parker covered himself when the man burst in and then looked up to see people taking action another girl sky h though her name was was running at the dude with swords and jimi was on the dudes back and then he heard a crack like something breaking and realized Jimi was killing the guy. Which on its own is bad but this dude did not come here and now by chance there was something else going on he knew it. First he needed to stop Jimi from killing him, and he quickly got an idea.
"Hey uh swords girl um sky right" Parker screamed to the sky "bang your swords together will yeah" he said miming banging things together.

98% of teens would die if Myspace died, if you were one of the 2% that would be laughing in their face, put this in your signature.

95% of teens listen to rap. If you are one of the 5% that listen to ROCK or METAL add this to your sig.

shinra114
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snowdrift on Sun May 10, 2009 7:28 pm

When the man froze Sky moved away from him. She was surprise by Jimi abilities and when she was out of the path of the big man she let out a small grin. She was....impress...yes, she was impress with Jimi powers and watched closely, her grin disappeared back into her emotionless face. She was quiet and wondered, if there was a weakness to this ability.

Snowdrift
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hunter in the Alley on Sun May 10, 2009 7:55 pm

"What was that?" Ryan said as he raised to his feet. Jimi was runnning quickly towards the rather muscalure man. "Why now, when everything was going so well?" He asked out loud to no one in particular. "No! I won't him ruin it!" Ryan yelled. This time he did not need the spiteful words of his companion to activate his powers. His shadow was draining into his hands again, forming a dark round sphere. It reflected no light, despite the glowing og the lamps in the hall. Already others were taking action. Jimi had jumped on the man's and began to absorb the man's strength, while two others were talking, maybe forming a plan. The small orb began to melt around Ryans hand and form a small gauntlet. He rushed forward, and drew his arm to punch the man.

Hunter in the Alley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindscrew Min-Min on Sun May 10, 2009 10:17 pm

The doors burst open with a loud thump. A young woman was standing in the doorway, having kicked the doors in. She looked from side to side to make sure she hadn't knocked them off of their hinges (the place looked pretty derelict), and strode on through.

Inside, she found a group of people in chaos--most of them were fighting a gargantuan man, one of them gripping his shoulder and seemingly sucking the life force from him. Now, that's cool, thought the new arrival, Isabel.

A smile stretched across Isabel's painted face as she breathed in the sweet air of mayhem. She dug in a pocket of her puffy black pants until she found an open envelope, containing the letter that had led her here. "I take it I'm late?" she asked over the commotion.
Want to know more? Read the book to find out.

There's a strange man sitting on the sofa munchiwunching on lomticks of toast!

Mindscrew Min-Min
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TLS on Mon May 11, 2009 12:05 am

He had read the letter countless times but still Conor couldn’t decide what to do. It called for him to enter the building before him, said that he would meet others like him. Was that a good thing? The sun was setting slowly over the horizon sending cascades of red and gold over the landscape. It would have normally been a beautiful sight if it hadn’t been for the imposing structure standing before the lithe young man.

The wind began to pick up as Conor made his way up the granite staircase towards the abandoned brick building. Any person could tell the building had seen better days and yet it beckoned him forward. There was a single tinted glass window next to deep stained double wooden doors. The doors swayed gently in the wind the hinges creaking with the strain of the heavy doors.

As he approached the entrance the stale air from inside wafted into his lungs the smell of old paper and dust permeated the entire area. Conor moved slowly, his gift had been that of super speed, but he preferred not to use it unless absolutely necessary. It was better to seem as normal as possible in most cases. Cars raced by outside as he crossed the threshold into the abandoned library.

Man I would much rather be at home watching the game... I have work tomorrow… The speedster thought to himself as he examined his new surroundings.

The library was lined wall to wall with shelves of books which he thought was typical of any place of academia. At the far wall a group had gathered and their appeared to be some sort of a struggle taking place, he was too far away to see exactly what was happening but it had to involve other gifted individuals. To his left stood a young lady not many years his younger. She wore what he thought to be an extreme amount of makeup but underneath it Conor believed she could be relatively attractive. She stood watching the spectacle before them with one hand in a pocket of her baggy black pants the other holding a letter similar to the one he received.

Hiding his letter in his back pocket to avoid letting the others know that he too had a gift Conor sat just inside the entrance. He was too tired to get involved with what was happening inside the library.

We’ll see what they have to say when they’re done... he thought to himself as he closed his eyes for a little nap.

TLS
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pixsidust2 on Mon May 11, 2009 12:12 am

{Laurence} As the man burst into the building Laurence grabbed Fleur securly around the waist and moved her from harms way. "Stay here" he told her quickly. "Somethings going on I'll be right back for you." He left her, transforming immediatly into a large black and white wolf and heading to the fray. All around him other's were starting to use their powers to stop the man. The one man, Jimmi had climbed onto his back and was absorbing the power from him. Laurence heard a resounding crack as jimmi gained the ower and he had no doubt in his mind that if Jimmi was not carefull he would kill the already weakened man.

{Fleur}
Fleur could barely hear what Laurence said her as he left, the sound from the fighting was far to great. She covered her ears with her hands and allowed herself to sink to the ground. She wanted the noise to stop. She wanted it to go away and leave her alone. What ever was happening had angered the many dead from the library and they were no screaming cries of disgust at her. "Stop!" She yelled at them. "I can't make them stop!" She wanted out of this. Immediatly she felt herself shift from the warmth of life to the stone cold of death. The noise stopped as it always did when she entered death's relm. Her eyes could see again in vivid detail both the dead and the living tough she new they could not see her. She watched the fight rage on from where she sat. The lives of each of the living shown around them in a golden hue. She looked for Laurence and spotted him running toward the large man that had caused the commotion. The hostile one was slowly sinking from her veiw and his life was slowly disapearing. Someone or something was killing him.
"Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling."

pixsidust2
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindscrew Min-Min on Mon May 11, 2009 12:54 am

Isabel turns around at the sound of another newcomer entering. Her grin broadens, her eyes wide. She figures it would be pointless to try and jump into the fight, since the others are doing fine on their own, so she walks over to where the other man was drifting off.

"Hey, are you awake?" she asks. She watches him while awaiting his answer. He seems around her age or older, but she can't tell whether or not he's like her--special. And frankly, she's rather curious to find out.

Mindscrew Min-Min
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TLS on Mon May 11, 2009 1:17 am

Conor's heart leaped at the words of the girl even though he had known that she was there he had never expected her to approach him. The girl stood overhead, hair flowing down over one of her eyes still clutching her letter in one hand. Conor opened one eye with a smirk.

"I am now," he said with a smile motioning towards the fight taking place on the other side of the library, "And might I say I'm glad to see that you didn't go rushing off head first into that conundrum like everyone else.

Looming over Conor the girl was not an imposing figure. The young lady stood looking at him inquisitively behind her mask of makeup.

She should really wipe that off. She might get more attention from the guys. Conor laughed in his head, he hadn't had ANY form of attention from a lady since high school.

"So I assume you have a gift," Conor said in a soft voice. His body felt electrified, his senses heightened, his head giddy. He knew the newcomer was one of the gifted and it would be best not to confront the rest of people here without some sort of friend seeing as they were already fighting.

Conor slowly brought himself to a standing position his shirt sliding just a bit to reveal the top of the cross tattooed on his back. The dim light overhead making his dull blue eyes shimmer in the darkness. As he stood he Conor accidentally bumped the girl dislodging her letter sending it falling to the ground. Deciding it wasn't the end of the world to let this one girl know that he too had a gift he shot out his arm after the letter with blinding speed. Putting one hand out to return the letter to the young lady Conor put his other hand over his mouth in a shushing action and winked.

Well I picked my one person to trust. I hope I picked the right one. Oh well it's not like I'm attached to her. But if things get hectic in here we may be able to help each other out.

TLS
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxanexiaxX on Mon May 11, 2009 4:19 am

Halo looked at sky and nodded. "Nice" she smirked at her. She could use the same amount of katana's if not more, but that was her secret. "I ummm, control the elements and what ever falls under it, like water, for example, i can control any liquid, yes any liquid, and fire, includes like lava and stuff, other then that I'm pretty useless" she sat down in a chair a little whiles away. The whole man and jimi thing kinda scared her so she'd lay low for awhile. Although she scanned the room and there were even more new comers.

XxanexiaxX
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindscrew Min-Min on Mon May 11, 2009 7:44 am

Isabel nods approvingly of the man's display if inhuman speed. When she doesn't think she's looking, she looks him over once. She pretends she doesn't notice the distinctive glint in his eyes, but she does, even if she won't admit it to herself.

"So, I see you're also one of us," she says. "I'd demonstrate my power, too, but I wouldn't want to hurt you." At least, not yet. She didn't want to ruin her chances of gaining allies. "I'm Isabel, by the way," she introduces herself, extending a hand to shake. White powder still stained her palm--she hadn't gotten the opportunity to wash her hands after putting on her facepaint.

It looks like I've got someone,, she thinks. Perhaps he'll even be sympathetic to my mission.

Mindscrew Min-Min
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zawtz on Mon May 11, 2009 3:06 pm

Jimi's head was pounding with such ferocity that he didn't even notice the new arrivals entering the library. The man he was attatched to was dying..and quickly. And then Jimi heard him in his mind, Augustus. The cousin who he had killed less than a year ago. It wasn't that uncommon for Augustus to pop in every once in a while and give him advice.

"Let go of him, you're killing him. Like you killed me" said Augustus. These words made the sense pop back into Jimi's mind. He realized that he had a death grip on this guys shoulder. He loosened it, and then totally let go. His head felt dizzy with all of the power he had just stolen from the voluntary victim. Jimi stumbled for a minute. "Augustus...it's hap" he started to say in his mind.

FWWWOOOOSSHHHHH!!!

It happened. Jimi was torn from his body again. Damnit. This sometimes happened during stressfull situations. He wished he could control the ability like Augustus once had. As he went to lay down on his body, which had collapsed, he realized he couldn't return to it. "Damnit I'm unconscious!" He looked around. No one could see him...wait! He noticed a girl standing away from the crowd with milky white eyes who was looking directly at him. "Can..can you see me when I'm like this?" he yelled to her.

Zawtz
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TLS on Mon May 11, 2009 3:43 pm

The white powdery hand of Isabel outstretched in order to greet Conor. He wasn't sure what this girl was up to yet but she may be able to help him here so he would be friendly. She was probably telling him the truth about her power many people had very dangerous powers unlike his and more often than not they couldn't control them. Taking her hand he gently shook.

"The name is Conor. Conor Bishop," Conor let himself give a small smile, "The pleasure is all mine."

Behind the two of them the commotion came to a sudden halt as the two men who had been grappling with each other both passed out on the floor.

"Well that was a bit anti-climactic," Conor chuckled to his acquaintance motioning over his shoulder. "What do you say we wander over and check out what is going on and why we've been summoned here."

The speedster may not have had the deadliest ability but he could fight with the best of them in a pinch. He always said it wasn't the ability you were given but how you used it. Letting go of Isabelle's hand he turned to head towards the two unconscious men. He had only been here roughly twenty minutes and he wished he would have stayed home.

This is the most unorganized meeting ever... Conor thought to himself as he meandered across the library floor. He hoped that Isabel would follow, he knew that together they could easily handle any sticky situation that may arise and so far it had been that kind of day.

TLS
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snowdrift on Mon May 11, 2009 4:05 pm

Sky looked at Halo. "Control over the elements...interesting." She relaxed her hands on her swords and went back to her seat,calmly as if nothing had happened. "I control the weather and i also master the art of the three-sword fighting style." She rubbed her hands along the sheath of her swords. "and i also master all the forbidden styles of martial arts." She closed her eyes and crossed her arms in front of her. Sky turned her head to Jimi and let out a soft smile. "I can feel your presence."

Snowdrift
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zawtz on Mon May 11, 2009 4:07 pm

{This post is not as James (Jimi) Severo}

As the commotion dies down a loud voice sounds throughout the library. It's source is unknown and he probably meant for it to be that way. He has a thick English accent and a very commanding voice which seems to have a relaxing tone to it.

"Not even an hour and there's already been a fight?" he chuckled. "No matter, one of you be sure to check that those two are okay. Now on to business. You already know why I gathered you hear so there's no need to be redundant. Most of you really want to know what happens now. Well...to be honest this is the part where all of you begin your new lives. I have given you this amazing opportunity so take it. You're permanent residences will be within this library until I find a place more suitable. Understood? Grand. Now go on...mingle..but don't try to leave here until I tell you so because I am watching you. I walk amongst you. Everything you say, everything you do..well...I know it. You are part of my team now, and you will do as I ask, when I ask it. Understood? You're services in exchange for my protection, which is truly invaluable..believe me"

Zawtz
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!