Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Abilities: The Meeting (IC)

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Abilities: The Meeting (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snowdrift on Wed May 13, 2009 3:18 pm

Sky watched everyone talking and she sat back in her chair still angry about the idea of being kept in a library full of people. She was so irritated about the idea but her emotion didn't show it, it was as expressionless as it was before but from out side the library the distance sounds of thunder and hard rain can be heard. Sky let out a soft huff as see crossed her arms and closed her eyes trying to ignore the people around her.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Snowdrift
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindscrew Min-Min on Wed May 13, 2009 5:05 pm

Isabel finds Angis's tone irksome to an extent. She figures she shouldn't open the whole can of mean on him, since they've just met and she's still in the process of building alliances (who knows how many of those she'll need if she hopes to figure out the chessmaster in this demented game), but she hasn't used her power on anyone in a while--how many hours has it been now?

It won't do for her to be getting out of practice.

"Pleasure to make all of your acquaintances," says Isabel. "You wanted to know what I do, Angis? Let me ask you a question. You don't have to answer, in fact, I'm probably not going to give you any time to do so...but what are you most afraid of?"

She glances into his eyes without a moment's notice and wills him to experience his greatest horror, planning to break off eye contact after less than a second.

Only a split second. Enough to freak someone out a little, but not torturous. If Angis manages to look away in time, she'll be impressed. If not...well then, that would just be his fault, now, won't it?

[[So, uh, yeah. You can decide whether her attack got him or not, ASD.]]
Want to know more? Read the book to find out.

There's a strange man sitting on the sofa munchiwunching on lomticks of toast!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mindscrew Min-Min
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby awesomeskaterdude on Wed May 13, 2009 6:16 pm

"...what are you most afraid of?"

Suddenly without warning, an infinitely empty abyss, of which seemed to come directly from the strange woman's eyes, enveloped him. Everything, the floor, the walls, the people, all dropped away into nothingness. Her eyes lingered for a split second longer, then they to fell away. Angis reached inside his coat only to find that it had disappeared as well, infact, his whole body was gone. He was left with only his coniousness. There was a certain heaviness that seemed to drop upon his coniousness. Such a heavy weight that could only be explained by experience.

There was no sound. The voices of the people, the shuffling of feet across the ground, the beating of his own heart, gone. All of it, just gone. There were no more smells of dusty old books. No more light shinning through the tall windows. No more shadows. No stillness of air only accomplished in such a building as a library.

All that explained above was what Angis was experiencing, for what he feared was nothingness itself.

Now what will be written below is what everyone else was experiencing at the very moment Isabel looked into Angis's shiny metal eyes.

Angis's body was thrown into a massive arc, his cloak bellowed back and his leather gloves ripped to shreds. Arms thrown wide they shone bright with a light of which source seemed to come from his arms themselves. If one could look past the blinding light, he would find himself looking at tattoos, etched in silver. Both are similar, with a cross on each palm within a circle. The only difference is, upon the fingers of the left hand, the letters A, N, G, I, and S are made out; while, on the fingers of the right, there are merely some runes. Each extends to his elbows.

The metal trinkets around his person, which were now distorted, warped, and stretched, surrounded his body, making a sphere of swirling metal strands. Although it was only meant to last a split second, his reaction lasted a whole minute. Throughout it all his body never relaxed. It was ridged, moving only with stress tremors as his body threatened to break itself in half.

Please enjoy a story of my own about pirates, dragons, and magic ->The Voyage: Grand Charlotte

awesomeskaterdude
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindscrew Min-Min on Wed May 13, 2009 9:10 pm

Isabel shielded her eyes against the blinding flash of light, squinting into the blaze to see Angis tense and tormented. Inwardly, she was amused at the sight of him, but it wouldn't be good to let everyone else know that. "Angis? What's going on, man? I stopped a minute ago," she says.

She looks around at the others in turn. "You all saw that I didn't mean to do that, right? I mean, I was looking at him for less than a second!" An expression of panic freezes across her features, a facade behind which sadistic pleasure hides. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" she lies as she waits for Angis to regain his composure.

Guess I don't know my own strength, she thinks to herself.
Last edited by Mindscrew Min-Min on Wed May 13, 2009 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mindscrew Min-Min
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hunter in the Alley on Wed May 13, 2009 9:21 pm

Ryan looked up. A girl had wandered into a crowd and know a man was going into some type of seizure. Ryan would help, if only it weren't for his fear to touch others, to have their desires thrust on him in such a horrible way. He knew all he could do is watch, for now. He got up, and walked over to the edge of the group. The man was glowing, and Ryan had to cover his eyes a little to avoid the light. The girl looked rather strange, and Ryan wondered what she could have done, or if this was infact the man's own doing.
Run Rudy Run...

Hunter in the Alley
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pixsidust2 on Wed May 13, 2009 11:12 pm

{Laurence}
Laurence sheilded his eyes from the light and instictivly grabbed for Fleur's hand. He wasn't quite sure what this new girls power was, but if it had caused Angis to react like that then he would have to watch her. "What exactly does your power do?" He asked her cautiously stepping in front of Fleur slightly. He suddenly had the urge to become a wolf again and rip this girl to shreds. He had no idea where the feeling came from but it took all the control he had not to heed his instincts. Whoever this girl was he could tell now she was not to be trusted. He brought the cigarette to his mouth again. If the day he was having kept up like it was he would probably become a chain smoker. 'Get a grip Laurence.' He thought as he watched the smoke from his cigarette float up in slow spirals.
"Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling."

pixsidust2
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby awesomeskaterdude on Thu May 14, 2009 11:28 am

As suddenly as it had begun, he dropped from the air, previously suspended a few feet above the ground. The metal strands stopped and dropped as well, falling all around him. He collapsed from exhaustion, happy to finally get some rest from the physical torture. He lay upon the ground not moving from the position that he landed. As others began to crowd around him he regained consciousness. Hopping up from the ground as if nothing happened he gazed at the others around him.

"I don't believe i've got your name yet." He said calmly to his attacker.

[[Sorry it was too short. I had to make it fast. Here is slightly more. Enjoy]]
Last edited by awesomeskaterdude on Thu May 14, 2009 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

awesomeskaterdude
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindscrew Min-Min on Thu May 14, 2009 3:07 pm

Isabel twitches slightly under Laurence’s gaze. She doesn’t make eye contact—she knows that if she does, she’ll probably end up getting mad and using her power on him. And yeah, it probably doesn’t matter, because the enmity between the two of them looks like it’s a fait accompli, but she shouldn’t make so much trouble in such a short amount of time, not in a library full of mutants, many of them more dangerous than she is.

“I manipulate fear,” she answers Laurence. “That has never happened though. The episode usually stops within seconds of breaking eye contact, and I’ve never had an opponent lose consciousness.”

It wasn’t her fault Angis was a sissy.

She turns back to face Angis as he resurfaces in the tangible world. “Oh, thank goodness you’re awake!” Yeah, now I won’t be facing a lawsuit, she adds in her head. “Sorry about that. I didn’t know you would react like that. I’m Isabel, by the way.”

She’s done well, for her standards. She’s managed to keep a straight face, tried to act somewhat personable (besides the part about making someone go into what resembled an equivalent to epileptic shock), and didn’t betray her true emotions. So far, so good.

Mindscrew Min-Min
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snowdrift on Thu May 14, 2009 3:30 pm

Sky watched with curiosity. "Manipulate fear...Interesting." She knew she didn't want to make eye contact with that girl. She was deep in thought now and whispered to herself. "Hmmm...i don't fear anything for what i had once feared i have already faced." She began thinking harder. The clouds darken the sky and the sound of thunder got louder and lighting flashes.

Snowdrift
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hunter in the Alley on Thu May 14, 2009 3:55 pm

Fear. The woman could maniplate fear. Fear was the one thing that controlled Ryan, the one thing that kept him from ever trying to develope his powers. Fear of the demons, fear of the power he had. Ryan turned away from the group. Fear could turn to anger in a flash, and if he got angry, who knew what he might do.

Ryan looked towards the other groups that were forming. He suddnely felt distant again, but not like before. The distance he felt was the result of never being to act normally. He could never shake a hand, or hug someone, or kiss someone. It was him alone, and his burden.

Hunter in the Alley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pixsidust2 on Thu May 14, 2009 4:32 pm

{Laurence}
So Isabel could manipulate fear? That was interesting. If not watched carefully a power like that could be dangerous. He'd seen first hand what fear could do to humans. Mutants on the other hand, that could be a disaster. "Well Isabel thats an er, interesting power to say the least." He said taking another puff of his cigarette.

{Fleur}
Fleur felt Laurence move around her as he talked to Isabel. Fear. That could be a formidable opponent. Fleur could hear the fake tone of her voice. Something about this girl told her she enjoyed using it. A mutant that enjoyed inflicting pain on others was one to be, in a sence, watched. "Are you alright Angis?" Fleur asked softly. She hadn't seen his reaction but even the dead around her had stepped back from the direction his voice had been comming from.

pixsidust2
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zawtz on Thu May 14, 2009 4:57 pm

Still in shock from being out of his body, the scene that happened in front of him seemed like too much. Jimi didn't wanna' pass out again...it had been a really rough day. This girl, Isabel, could manipulate fear. Agnis, from what it appeared, could manipulate metal (and also had freaky eyes). And Fleur could shift her entire body into the death realm. Compared to these people he was beginning to feel normal...although he knew that was far from the case.

Jimi turned his head and saw Ryan walking away from the group. "Hey! Where ya' going?" he asked Ryan. The group was distracted by Isabel's powers so Jimi had a chance to slip away inconspicuously. This guy was starting to seem normal too, although very afraid. Jimi hoped he would be able to make him feel a little better. He really wasn't the kind who liked to see people left out. "Empathy..one of my strengths and weaknesses," he thought to himself.

Ryan turned his head. "I feel like we got off on the wrong foot man. Lets try again. My name is Jimi, nice to meet you." he outstretched his hand to Ryan.

Just as he was doing this he saw Sky watching from a little way's off. "Hey!" he waved to her. "How could you tell I was near you when I was out of my body? ...Oh, and by the way, you have some really wierd dreams" Jimi laughed.

((Sorry about the mix up between Sky and Halo, and thanks TLS for bringing it to my attention earlier, also sorry the post took so long...i've been really busy))

Zawtz
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TLS on Thu May 14, 2009 4:58 pm

Conor watched Isabel as she mingled amongst the others gathered. Keeping his eyes fixated on the group he was almost blinded by the intense light that had emanated from one of the men. After the light had subsided the group turned towards Isabel. Conor wasn't sure if what had just transgressed was a direct result of her using her power, maybe she could engulf people in light, he didn't know she had never told him. It didn't matter he had taken a liking to this girl.

Man she should have kept her head down. I'm too tired for this.

Standing up Conor made his way slowly over to the group. The only person here that knew what his power was was Isabel and while it wasn't something some of these others may fear, he had confidence that he could go toe to toe with anyone that tried to pick a fight.

"Is everything alright over here," Conor called as he approached his face beaming. "Or do I need to start telling some jokes?"

The groups solemn attitude turned to one of puzzlement. Who was this jokester?

"Ok so what kind of lettuce did they serve on the Titanic?" Conor looked around at the group. "Iceberg! Eh eh... Come on that was a good one!"

Maybe that will lighten the mood!

OOC: No problem Zawtz! I hope you guys appreciate the joke! It's a good one haha.

TLS
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindscrew Min-Min on Thu May 14, 2009 5:06 pm

"That was a good one," Isabel giggles as Conor comes over and tells a cheesy joke. While it would be better if the panic in the group died down, she had gained quite a bit of satisfaction from having everyone wary of her. She wonders if anyone would even dare mess with her.

Perhaps it's true what they say, that the only thing to fear is fear itself. There are twenty different ways someone could kill her right now, right here, especially with mutant powers, but would fear keep them at bay?

Could anything, even control of fear, hold up forever?

Ah, too much deep thought for today...

"Conor's right," says Isabel lightheartedly, "we really ought to relax. If everybody keeps freaking out, then by the time this is over, everyone's greatest fear is going to be clowns!"

Mindscrew Min-Min
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hunter in the Alley on Thu May 14, 2009 7:05 pm

Jimi walked over Ryan, greeted him, and put out his hand, evidently he still wanted that handshake.

"I've said this before, please don't try to touch me." Ryan said. He was sad he had to say that to someone being so nice to him, but Ryan didn't want to risk seeing something that this man wanted to stay secret. "I'm... I'm sorry about before, I kinda blew it..." Ryan said, trying to make up for his coldness. He stuck his hands in his pockets. "It has alot to do with my powers, and I haven't talked to anyone, well atleast a human, for a long time. I don't know how to talk to people." Ryan tried to explain his issues. "You see, if I touch someone, something pops up, but you can't see it, only I can. It's strange, but I don't think I'm crazy, I think they're real."

Hunter in the Alley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Reikka on Thu May 14, 2009 9:06 pm

Kimi walked up to this depressing looking building slowly but not too slowly in an attempt not to look suspicious... well other than the Bolt Action Rifle on her back hanging by a strap and the pistol in her hands. "Well this could very well be some kind of death trap so I guess I should be prepared" She said as she loaded her gun with a clip of her conjured bullets. Varying away from her distracting thoughts she quickly ran towards the door kicked it open and immediately noticing a bunch of people just standing around tried in vain to hide her fire arm from everyone. "Hehe....yeah...hi everyone" she said with the best fake smile she could bring herself to make.
It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

Reikka
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby petali dogni fior on Thu May 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Roger has been standing against a nearby wall this whole time, somewhat concealed in shadow. It's surprising to him that a few mutants can stir up so much chaos in such a short amount of time.

But then, he would know. He'd been there, done that. He just hoped no one would get hurt. This really is a cruel trick for the seemingly omnipresent power to play on everyone, thinks Roger. He hopes they'll be finding out exactly what's going on soon, and that this isn't just some observational study.

A new girl comes in, and--surprise, surprise--she's holding a firearm, which she quickly conceals behind her back. What is this world coming do? Oh wait, that's right, I know firsthand, I was there.

He pops his head and waves slightly to the new girl. "Yo."

petali dogni fior
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snowdrift on Fri May 15, 2009 7:52 am

Sky walked to Jimi. "When you go through the training that i've been through you tend to know things that other people don't." She looked at Ryan and tried to change the subject. She hate talking about her past, it made her feel uncomfotable. "Name's Sky, nice to meet you. What is your power?"

Snowdrift
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TLS on Fri May 15, 2009 11:52 am

Conor watched the two new arrivals out of the corner of his eye. They missed my joke! Oh well too bad for them. Noticing that his joke had diffused the situation Conor let himself relax. He hadn't gotten the names of any of the people gathered here but that was of little importance to him as of now what was of importance was that he get to lay down for a bit.

"Well everyone I'm going to take my leave and head back over there for a nice little rest," Conor pointed to the couches and chairs where he and Isabel had set up their little camp. "If anybody needs anything just give me a shout," with that the young man took his leave and meandered back over to the couches. Flopping down into one of the chairs the young man closed his eyes. They wouldn't come get him if they needed something. As far as they new Conor was useless to them they didn't even know what his gift was.

Smiling a little Conor let himself drift away into his dreams. I hope that our host doesn't need us right away I want a nap.

TLS
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Reikka on Fri May 15, 2009 3:12 pm

Barely noticing Roger in the midst of the embarrassment her face turns slightly red as she puts her pistol into her back pocket and begins to move to a corner in the room and sat there. "I guess this could still be a death trap but everyone seems to be just standing around" she said loudly mumbling to herself. She decided it might not hurt to at least find out who all these other people where as she stood up noticing a few people looking at her strange she just walked into the crowed and looked for any interesting looking people. As she looked around she noticed a fairly large man on the floor.... seemed to be unconscious or something. She couldn't help to stare at him for a few minutes.

Reikka
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!