Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Aboard The Ocean Sky (2.0 :P)

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Aboard The Ocean Sky (2.0 :P)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:00 pm

Jack wondered into restaurant, his pockets filled with the newest gun theory magazines and odd little parts. A self approving grin on his face, Jack spotted Doug and Kai.
"Look" said Jack, sitting down, "They did an article on me!" Jack placed a magzine on the table, it had a picture on the front of a younger Jack. The Cutting edge of Firearms was written across the top of the picture.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:23 pm

"Oh yeah? Cool!" Kai was still obviously put off by the business with the 'painter.' Odds were, hell would rain down mightily when she discovered that Doug had hired a second mechanic. Hell, cats, dogs, and all manner of unpleasantries. Deciding to make a more supportive comment on Jack's success, she sighed and leaned forward to examine the magazine. Really, it was impressive. Taking it, she began flipping through and quickly reading the article. When she was done, she handed it back to Jack with a grin. "Nice picture."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uruken on Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:31 pm

Joey stormed into the restraunt with a leather coat and jeans over his jumpsuit, that usually masked the wires and electronics for on-the-run hacking he quickly spotted Doug, Kai, and Jack sitting at the table and stormed over. "Geez Dug I called six times why dont you ever anser your phone!" Joey practically screamed, Joey always had strong emotions and his job didn't require public activity so he didn't notice the stares the people the resteraunt were giving nor, had he seen them, would he have cared. Joey stopped himself from yelling again and calmed as he lowered his gaze to Jack and Kai and asked,"Have either of you got any information on Mykel, my seatch engine broke down?" Said Joey reluctantly he really didn't want to admit to them he didn't have things under control. He sat down next to Jack and took the magazine of the table looked at it and then put it back down. "Yeah I saw this online, congrats." He sighed finally letting himself relax a little. "Did anyone notice the idiot who thinks Doug told him to clean the ship?"

Uruken
Member for 17 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:07 pm

Joey, having been the second one to mention 'the idiot' cleaning the ship, Doug was starting to feel a little embarassed. 'Damn, the shit's really gonna hit the fan when I admit I TOLD him to clean the ship...' Doug thought to himself as he sipped his water. "So, uhh, rabbit meat huh? That's bizarre, for sure!.." Doug said with a sheepish grin on his face. He couldn't act quite like himself, he knew what was coming. And he may as well admit to it now...

"So, uhm Kai, yeah.. That guy... Well he was starving, see, and he asked if I had any jobs for him to do.. SO for some food, I uh, told him he could clean the Ocean Sky, and maybe join us if he did a good job..." Doug stammered out, knowing he'd regret saying all of those words. He took a long drink of water, as he waited for the fury of Kai to rain down upon him, and the general vicinity around him!
It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to achieve anything. -My attitude on life-

Axle
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:19 pm

Doug's stuttering popped Jack happy bubble from being in a magzine, he's eyes widened a little and drifted from Doug's face to Kai. Jack shallowed and started edging away from Kai. making sure he wasn't in a path to Doug.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uruken on Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:30 pm

Joey noticed suddenly the fury on Kai's face and looked around for nay other sign of such anger,"Maybe something I missed on the news, maybe EVERYONES angry,Joey sighed again noticing only Kai was brandashing such a I-want-to-murder-someone expression determined that the subject that had last been brought up had pissed her off. "No wonder," thought Joey,"If another hacker was on board the ocean sky I'd probably be convicted of murder the next day. Joey decided to leave Kai to her thoughts and the bill and ran to Doug. Once he caught up he rested in a steady walk along side Doug. " You still haven't told me what information you've gathered on Mykel my search engine is auto reparing as we speak, and I tryed hacking the DNA files but someone took the information out. I just need a speck of information and I can find him." Joey was alomost pleeding this time he wanted to help , to be needed.

Uruken
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uruken on Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:38 pm

OOC: wait im confused by stammered out do you mean your words stammered out or did you leave the restraunt because I wrote the paragraph above thinking you left the resteraunt if you didn't then this is from the "'convicted of murder the next day'"

OC: Joey looked at Doug then at Kai and waited, once Kai had set Doug on fire, or whatever act of torture her eyes seemed to transmite, he would ask Doug about Mykel. "Am I the only one who seems to be DOING his job." thought Joey.

Uruken
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:17 pm

For a few moments, Kai was silent. She went right on staring right at Doug, almost as though she didn't see him. But in those moments of silence, the very air around them seemed to grow thick with female wrath. Slowly, Kai's dark eyes seemed to focus upon the target of the upcoming destruction. Her eyes narrowed, very, very slowly...almost unnoticeable, with the effect of a laser slowly warming up to melt through a sheet of metal. Finally, the delicate surface of the the thick rage cracked. Nay, shattered.

"You WHAT?!" The screamed question attracted attention...but those who had turned quickly turned back away. Kailani had jumped to her feet, fists clenched into trembling balls of fury. Though she was by far smaller than Doug, at the moment she seemed to tower over him. Normally, Kailani's temperament was about as sweet as one could expect from a person that spent all day doing their favorite past time and eating licorice and peaches. But with the right buttons pushed...

"YOU'RE TELLING ME YOU HIRED ANOTHER DIVOONEH MECHANIC?!" And thus the shouting began, accompanied by positively wild hand gestures that she had picked up from her aged mechanical trainer back on Venus. Sprinkled among the shrieked protest were rather rude words from varying languages. "WE HAD A DEAL, YOU BLYAT!! YOU SWORE I WOULDN'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH ANY GAIDZIO PAUTAI!! YOU SAID I'D HAVE THE D'GGER'N ENGINE ROOM TO MYSELF! THIS IS CHUSH' SOBACH'YA!"

And verbal castration continued, getting louder and more furious as it went. Many things were said, often pertaining to Doug's ability to procreate, or his inappropriate relations with small animals. Once or twice, his great aunt's goatee was mentioned. The whole thing only lasted a minute or so, but when it was over, it seemed to have gone on for days. When she had finally said her piece, Kai emit a single last frustrated scream and marched out of the restaurant with hell's angels on her heels. Likely going to get herself a nice, strong drink. She didn't bother to look back at the pitying looks a few of the other patrons were shooting Doug.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uruken on Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:48 pm

Joey looked over to Doug, the verbal abuse was a nice little sitcom moment, except the day wouldn't end with apologies or funny moments in which the studio audience laughed at the stupid clever coments of the comic relief. No this would end with a drag, a drink, and some peaches. Then it would be back to bussiness, "I NEED information on Mykel so we can get off this stupid slowly dieing planet and get back to some nice newly colonized ones, what have you learned." Joey didn't understand how to react to Kai's fury though Doug did. It didn't matter though there was only on gol to accomplish here on Earth and that was to get the bounty ,even if Doug felt like he needed to piss of Kai. The whole thing was laughable really, all this emotion was just delaying Mykel's enevitable capture and things would be back to normal. But then the thought of the possible new member of the Ocean SKy dawned on Joey. For some reason it was getting harder to think of the guy as a starving person who needed work and easier to think of him as an idiot who had delayed the bounty and sent Kai on a rampage. No doubt this attention would make them well known in the area as the bounty hunter group with the hot tempered girl. And no doubt Doug would be drunk in this place soon enough, if Mykel had any freinds around the area he and his family were bound to be getting information already."All the more reason to find his ass and capture him." Thought Joey.

Uruken
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:23 pm

Jack was left sittng wide eyed and speechless. After a minute, Jack drew in a breath and looked at Doug. "I'll go find her" said Jack, standing, "I've got nothing on our mark." With that, Jack ran after Kai.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:23 am

Doug, normally standing and feeling tall and strong, felt quite shitty. 'Dammit.. I hate to see her pissed, fuck...' Doug thought to himself, as Jack said he'd go find her. Doug then turned his attention to Joey, saying, "Well twenty miles south or so, the Swiges have a family compound or bungalo or something. We could probably nab up a couple of the other Swiges, get some multiple bounties out of this trip. Though, I dunno if any others have bounties. Can you check for me Joey?" Doug asked, as he waved down the waitress and asked for a refill on his water. "Fuck, I can't even buy alcohol, I'm out of money!" Doug exclaimed, as a few of the other patrons again, turned their attention to the loud table.

OOC: Naruto, when you look up the other bounties, say you find 2 or 3 more, come up with any other names you want :P. We'll make this a fun, profitable trip XD

Axle
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:26 am

Kailani stormed off to the furthest bar her temper could steer her towards. For once, she didn't even glance at the Ocean Sky, knowing that if she saw the little blyat that Doug had hired, she'd like take a wrench to his head and then she'd have a whole new mess on her hands. Tossing herself onto a stool, she huffed irritably and propped her chin up on one hand.

"What can I getcha?" The bartender asked warily.

"Whatever you have that's strong," She muttered in response. Drinking was no way to solve her issues, she knew. Aside from the fact that she struggled mightily to handle her alcohol, it wasn't going to make her feel any better if she wound up with a hangover. But at the moment, she was still too wound up to truly care. The drink was set in front of her, and the hand that offered it quickly withdrawn. Apparently the bartender had dealt with his fair share of angry females.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:35 am

Jack stayed a good distance away from Kai while she was storming down the street. He did take a glance at the Ocean Sky and just shook his head. "He better be willing to grovel" thought Jack.

As Kai entered the bar, the air felt like it does right before a nuclear reactor goes critical. Jack followed her in and slipped into the stool next to her. He was hoping that she wouldn't gack him with a wrench.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ayaliss on Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:41 pm

OOC: I seriously feel really tempted to go clean the engine and find some major fault. That would piss of Kai even more, and god I love those moments, Jade, great roleplaying!

A frustrated sound came from Wallace. He knew something what wrong. He felt some sort of pulsating energy from the local bars, but that was not it. 'Ees probably just an angry woman', he thought.

Something was wrong with the ship; he had cleaned it, and the paint had been wonderful to deal with. But there was still something wrong with it. Clean as a whistle, as shiny as fresh gold, a magnificent ship. He scanned it with his eyes, slowly from side to side, but soon gave away another frustrated sound. It was hard to focus, since it already was so clean.

'A-guess the exterior's done...'

With that, he went inside and began inspecting for and writing down whatever faults he saw.
^ The text your searching for is that way ^

http://www.myspace.com/ymudmusic - Rocking it the Ambiental way. With a bag of Frasse in my mouth.

Ayaliss
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:27 pm

((ooc: lol thank you, thank you. But just so you know, Kailani's mechanic'ing style is to make sure everything works, no matter how ugly it looks on the outside. She takes care of Ocean Sky the way a hypochondriac parent takes care of a sickly child. She's not a clean freak in the least, which you might guess by seeing her grease smothered clothing XD So it's extremely unlikely that Wallace would find a real fault, aside from unconventional engine care...like gum to seal cracks, waist belts instead of engine belts...lol))

Kai shot a single moody glance at Jack. But he wasn't the source of her irritation, so he did not receive the full on death glare that...say, Doug would have. She tossed back her drink, slamming it back on the counter with a hiccup. Nodding for another one, she muttered something with just a trace of sulk. "Can you believe that anak ka nang puta?" Speaking of the captain, no doubt. "Hn...and did you see that guy? He looks like an average bum with a paint can! We're supposed to have that tag along with us? The hell we need another mechanic for, anyhow? I do my job just fine!"

Clearly, she was still fuming. But random objects weren't being broken, so it seemed as though she had settled down a bit. However, Doug would likely be given the silent treatment for a month or so, if Kai's rarely stoked temper was left to its own devices. Once, a crewman that had offended her went a full eight weeks without a verbal exchange with the Venutian mechanic. Finally, he had gone out of his way and purchased a fresh peach as a peace offering, and they had resumed their friendship. But that hadn't involved a public display like the one that had occurred only moments ago.

With an aggravated sigh, she twisted in her seat and gave Wallace a still slightly-pouting look. "Did you hear anything about this Swige guy?"

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:42 pm

"I complete agree" said Jack. He did side with Kai on the issue at hand but it was nice to see the Ocean Sky clean and she could use a new coat of paint.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:05 pm

Doug, completely and utterly pissed and drinkless, looked at Joey and said, "I'm goin out for a smoke. Takin' a walk. Somethin'. Gonna grab some of our rainy day money to rent a vehicle, then we'll head south and find these fuck-nuggets and get off this rock..." Doug went outside at that moment, and immediatly lit up. On his way to Ocean Sky, he passed a bar, and just through the door he could half way see Kai, and he saw Jack as well. 'Shit shit shit shit SHIT!' Doug thought to himself as he looked away, hoping Kai hadn't seen him. He didn't want her to chase him to the ship, flailing her wrench around...

Doug got to the ship, and as he entered he saw the new guy walking around looking at things. "Hey, don't steal anything a'ight?" Doug said, as he made his way up to his room. He dug out another pack of smokes, to make sure he didn't run out on the road, and pulled some money out of the lock box they kept for expenditures like rental cars, property damage, etcetera etcetera. He made his way out of the ship again, saying to Wallace, "If you wanna come along, follow me now, because we're leavin soon." Doug continued on, back to the fountain he'd sat at earlier, and sent Kai, Joey, and Jack a text message reading, 'Fountain, 15 minutes. Getting a car and goin south'

OOC: Jade, so you still want Mr. Mykel to be a young kid? The feared and respected Mykel Swige! Gangster extraordinaire!... At only 15 :P possibly older than that though XD

Axle
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:49 pm

((OOC: I think that would be a fun twist, yes :D ))

Kai pulled out her message device (affectionately dubbed 'Hubert'), and pursed her lips as she read the text. She flipped Hubert back shut and slipped it into her pocket, hiccuping once more as she shoved off of the stool. Two drinks had very nearly gotten her drunk, but not quite. Muttering more insults at Doug, who of course could not hear, she straightened herself up and double checked her various tools of the trade. Wrench and gun, hammer, small carry-along repair kit...all there and ready to go.

"Let's get this over with!" She huffed as she gathered her hair back into a single short ponytail. She started out in a march, but by the time she and Jack reached the fountain her gait had returned to normal. She might have shot eye-darts at Doug, but instead refused to acknowledge his presence completely. She neither looked at nor greeted him, but made her way to the polar opposite side of the fountain that he was sitting on and crossed her arms, waiting for their transportation. One could almost feel the chill in the air.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:16 pm

Jack followed Kai. As they waited for transport, he wished for a jacket. jack wanted to say something but didn't want a wench in the groin or to estrange himself from Doug.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ayaliss on Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:00 am

"Ah! I'll come!", said Wallace, who looked somewhat grumpy. Why would he steal, the man gave him a sandwich after all.
"... Did you know there's a belt in the engine?", he said as he ran out to his trunk to pick up some sort of upper-body clothing, which happened to be a sloppy and far too big t-shirt. His monkeywrench with him, the sandwich eaten, and the ship basically cleaned, he jogged up to Doug who had by now reached the fountain.

He looked at the man; at the anger and dissappointment that was his face. It was sort of awkward; obviously the woman was angry and that didn't satisfy him.
As he was an engineer and a mechanic himself, he knew how it felt if someone began to merely touch your ship.
"Why didn't you tell me that you already had a mechanic?", he said and walked over to the fountain to have a seat.

Ayaliss
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!