Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Aboard The Ocean Sky (2.0 :P)

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Aboard The Ocean Sky (2.0 :P)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:06 am

This game is being restarted by me and Jadeling :P. We kinda lost our two other character's apparentally, but if ya'll return then PM me and we'll see about you getting back in. Anyone else interested in joining, please PM me your character sheet and we'll go from there :)

1) This RP's Rating is MATURE. Like all my other games haha .
2) YOU MUST PM me your character sheet, and wait for my approval to join in the game.
3) Keep in mind when creating your character, that I'd like for the first few people who join the game to have already been on my character's ship for a few months. If you REALLY want to have our first meeting in game, then I'll consider it.
4) Read the discussion thread for this game, also in the Futuristic section, to learn what I've already said about the game's setting and all that. I'll be posting planet information and stuff like that in this thread later. If you have any questions, PM them to me and I'll tell you what's what .
5) Have fun! I won't bite, hard; and as always, no Godly characters, no god modding, etc.

Planets:
Based in Our Solar System. Earth and Mars are colonized on the surface, with space stations and bases around Jupiter and on it's moons.

Ocean Sky's layout
(This layout is off the top of my head, still can't find my notes )
First Floor (From front of ship to back) A cargo area, a living room, kitchen, dining room, pantry, equip/weapons storage, etc.
Second Floor: Master bedroom in front, a hallway running down the center with three bedrooms on each side, and a showers/toiletries facility in the back.
Third floor; Houses the cock-pit, navigation room, computer room, and service ducts/shafts for the ship.
It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to achieve anything. -My attitude on life-

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Axle
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Aboard The Ocean Sky (2.0 :P)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:10 am

Character Sheet
Name:

Profession:

Height:

Weight:

Eyes:

Hair:

Description:

Home World:

Allegiances:

Social Class:

Dislikes:

Goals:

Equip:

Flaws:

History:

Character Roster
Name: Douglas Gregoire

Profession: Pilot and Bounty Hunter

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 175 Lbs.

Eyes: Green

Hair: Black

Description: Douglas is of average height, with a nicely muscled build. He has charming green eyes, and long black hair that goes a little past his shoulders, which he either keeps in a pony tail, or just lets it hang down. He has a beard that's like his hair, thick, which goes all the way down his jawline, and it's kept fairly short. His top lip however is kept shaved, so he has a full beard with no mustache. He's currently wearing a bright green T-shirt, with a black pot-leaf on it with 'T.G.F.L.' in large black letters above the leaf, with (Thank God For Legalization) in smaller letters beneath the leaf. He's also sporting khaki cargo shorts, which reach just past his knees, and he's wearing white and red basketball shoes.

Home World: Mars

Allegiances: His Crew, no other organization as of yet.

Social Class: Upper Class by birth, Middle class now.

Likes: Marijuana, Alcohol, his ship, travelling, money, cigarettes, Women, having fun, etc.

Dislikes: Kill-joys, buzz-killers, Nosy Police, anyone that tries to steal from him, kill him, etc. Oh, and he DESPISES Pirates. He considers them the worst kind of human parasite.

Goals: Make a good living, doing what he loves.

Equip: For weapons, he carries a semi-auto pistol, nine millimeter with a sixteen round clip. He also has a little-leage sized baseball bat (though he usually leaves this on the ship), and he has a folding pocket knife, with about a two inch blade length. Other than that, he normally carries smokes, some pot, his pipe, his phone, and a pair of hand-cuffs.

Flaws: Smokes cigs a little too much, and drinks a little excessively too. It's never impaired his ability to pilot his ship, but it's defineatly made him make some bad decisions (Lost all his money before; should've never trusted that shifty woman ). Also slightly bi-polar, can go into severe depressive episodes for no good reason. Never tried suicide or the like before, but these mood-swings can cause him to be a real ass, even to his good friends and crew.

History: Ever since Douglas was a young boy, he's wanted to learn how to fly space-ships. He took primer classes for piloting in High School, which Doug completed at 15. He then completed piloting training and got his pilot's certificate at the age of 18. He piloted for his dad for over a year, helping his dad with his business, 'Gregoire Wineries.' It was alot of fun, and Doug enjoyed every minute of it, and it brought him and his father closer together. But just before Doug turned twenty, tragedy struck. His parents were killed on Mars in a suicide bombing on a train while on vacation. Stricken with grief, Douglas fell into a heavy alcohol and marijuana habit, for several months, until his friend Dacen helped snap him out of it. Doug purchased his ship, the Ocean Sky, with the money he recieved as an inheritance. He left his father's company and estate to his father's right hand man, since Doug didn't want to run a Winery. He wanted to go out and explore the solar systems, and live life to the fullest. He chose the profession of freelance bounty hunter, because now he can truly be his own man. His parent's death made him realize that life can end in the blink of an eye, at any moment. So while he's alive, he's vowed to live every day the best he can, having as much fun and making as much money and gaining as much success in his own book as he can.

Name: Kailani Tester

Profession: Grease Monkey, Bounty Hunter

Height: 5' 4"

Weight: ?? (slim build)

Eyes: Brown

Hair: Dark brown

Description: Physically, she looks like an earthen Hawaiian. Dark skin, hairs, and eyes, slightly short height, and pretty in a 'homey' kind of way. She tends to wear gloves, loose fitting clothes and a cap, keeping her shoulder length hair in two braided pigtails to keep it out of her way. It is presumed that she prefers wearing cotton and jean materials, but it rather hard to tell, as they tend to be so covered in grease that it is impossible to see what she was once wearing.

Home World: Venus

Allegiances: Crew of the Ocean Sky

Social Class: Low by birth, now middle

Likes: Mechanical things, overalls, the occasional hard drink, traveling, mystery novels, peaches and licorice.

Dislikes: Being bossed around, being interrupted, dealing with drunken people, listening to people whine.

Goals: To make money and spend the rest of her life in an engine room that needs a lot of love.

Equip: The nicest thing she owns is her set of tools, each of which she has named and considers much like a younger siblings. She doesn't like guns, but carries one on her person at all times, just in case. However, it is much more likely that she would conk someone over the head with 'Owen,' her largest wrench, than that she would shoot someone.

Flaws: Kai can be a little bit distracted, her mind tending to work continue working in the engine room long after her body has left it. She has a deep love of and slight addiction to puzzles of all sorts, usually having a nearly full book on her at any one time to help keep her busy. Also, she can. Not. Handle her alcohol. It generally only takes one drink to make her tipsy, and after about four she needs to be carried home.

History: Born on Venus to an impoverished family, Kailani showed an early and distinct interest in the workings of all things mechanical. Unfortunately, she was never able to attend public, much less private, school, and therefore learned much of the engineer's trade as an apprentice to an old man who mechanic'ed incoming ships at the local port. Reading and writing she learned through word puzzles, which she did frequently with her grandmother. She eventually left home, earning her keep on a ship to Mars by keeping the engine running as they went. Here, as a slightly green youth of 14, she met and befriended two interesting young men who would later go on the crew a bounty ship. And every ship needs a mechanic...

Name: Jack Kelly

Profession: Freelancer/gunsmith

Height:6'4

Weight: 100 pounds

Eyes: blue

Hair: black

Description: lean almost to underfed. Dresses in black pants, shirt vest and boots.

Home World: Earth

Allegiances: himself

Social Class: mid class

Dislikes: most music, nosy people

Goals: make a good amount of money and travel

Equip: a standard gun tool set, several crates of parts and a ten gauge pistol grip shotgun

Flaws: very cocky when shooting, thinks other can't match him, thinks all guns he hasn't work on are shit

History: Jack attended public school and then went to work in a local gun shop. After three years Jack had invented a working flechette shotgun round. it looked like Jack was going to settle down when wonderlust took hold of his heart. For the last seven years, Jack has been signing on ships as a hired gun and working on a automatic rifle that would fire a flechette round. He as also been toying with plasma based weapons.
Last edited by Axle on Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Axle
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:47 pm

((did you just want to get started and let people join as we go along?))

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:56 am

OOC: Yeah, I just approved another player, about to send him the PM givin him the go ahead :). We'll start on the ship, on our way to our mark.

IC: Doug was napping on the couch, when a loud noise on the TV jarred him awake. "Uhg, I'm hungry..." Doug mumbled to himself as he got off the couch, and headed to the kitchen. He scrounged through the fridge, and pulled out a plate of leftovers from last night, or was it the night before that?..

Doug tossed the plate in the microwave and heated up the food. Some kind of pasta, with a sauce that smelled good. "Mmm..." Doug audibly expressed his eagerness to chow down.

Axle
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:15 am

From the belly of the ship came a truly unique sight. What appeared to be every bit of grease that could be found on your average ship had apparently taken the form of a humanoid. The walking collection of ship grease took a few stiff steps, pausing at a small collection of towels and a bucket of water. Seizing one of the less dirty towels and splashing it around in the too cold liquid for a bit, the grease began mopping away at its face, neck and arms. It soon became apparent that there was, in fact, a human female beneath the many smatterings of filth. Dark skin, hair and eyes, and signs of a late night on the young face.

Kailani quickly changed out of her grease smothered overalls and shirt, depositing her work shoes in the closet provided just for her own filthy things. She was soon in slightly cleaner clothes...what she referred to as 'upstairs clothes,' as they were the only things that Doug allowed her to wear in the living quarters. He had apparently gotten tired of setting out sheets to prevent her work from being spread on the couches. Once she was about as clean as ever she could be, she trudged up the steps. Emitting a bone-cracking yawn as she emerged from the dark, she headed into the kitchen for some nourishment.

"Hey Doug.." She greeted, rubbing at her eyes and searching the fridge for the last of her peaches. "Didn't pass out, huh?"

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:26 am

Doug grinned through his food and said, "No, just napped for a while. How's the ship? She in tip top notch stop watch workin' order?" Doug crammed another bite into his mouth, and chewed intently until it was all swallowed. Doug watched as Kai got the last of her prized peaches, and he asked, "So, we're headin' to Earth to grab some like, mobster right? Heh, I forgot who exactly we were heading out to get... Haven't looked at the computer since we picked the bounty." Doug grinned sheepishly. He loved his work, but sometimes he waited til the last minute to get the details down in his brain.

Axle
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:34 am

"Ship's in the best shape of her...wait, you don't know what we're doing?" Kailani shook one hand, now full of peach, in a disapproving manner. "Doug, when's the last time we went into a job with you actually knowing what we're suppose to do?"

She chuckled, hopping up onto the counter and munching on the produce. She simply couldn't stay irritated when peaches were involved. "We're supposed to be nabbing some kind of political 'enemy' of whoever the what now.." She shrugged, wiping a bit of peach pulp from her mouth (and carefully sucking this off of her fingers). "So yeah, I guess a mobster or something."

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:47 am

"Well, uhh... I think I actually PLANNED once like, a year ago..." Doug said with a grin, but then he got a little more serious. "Ok, sounds good. Guess we'll just hit the streets when we get there, try and search for leads... C'mon, let's go look over the profile in the living room." Doug motioned for Kai to follow, and as they sat on the couch in front of the TV, Doug used the remote to upload their current bountie's profile to the screen. Doug caarefully looked it over, noticing alot of the specifics were missing. "Dammit, this is why I hate Earth bounties... We got a Name, Gender, and last known location.. But not much else... Let's see, Mykel Swige, Male, location is Old Saint Louis.. Well, better than nothing, plus the bountie's nice at 200k." Doug took the last bite in and then sat his plate on the coffee table. "Where the hell's Jack?" Doug asked no one in particular.

Axle
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:46 am

Jack sat at his workbench, one light on over his head. The workbench only made his quarters all the smaller, when crammed in with several crates. On the bench was a black box, about the size of a deck of cards but thicker. Jack was using a a small laser on an open panel of the box.
"Its gonna work this time" muttered Jack, as he put the finishing touches on with the laser. jack put the laser down and slapped the panel back on the box. "Yes!" shouted Jack, hold the box high. The box then started to feel warm and smoke. "Oh no" moaned Jack, holding the box to his face. The panel he had just put on glowed a dull red and a hole started to appear.
"Shit" was all that jack could say, as the metal melted into a small pinprick hole. The was a loud noise, like an explosion and a shock wave of energy was released. The shock wave was only strong enough to rattle Jacks room but Jack was caught in the full blast. He was thrown across his room and into the door with a loud thud. The back of Jack's head smashed into the door and he sank to the floor. Has he was thrown, jack had dropped the box and it sat on the bench, emitting a red light.
Last edited by Irish Wolf on Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:00 am

"I think he's.." Kai paused, tilting her head slightly. She could have sworn she heard a faint rumble. "You hear something?"

Jack spent about as much time tinkering with his gun as Kailani did in the engine room. At least, she assumed as much. She spent so much time in the engine room she couldn't be certain what it was everyone else did. But going by the way Doug spoke of the man's work (the same way he spoke of her and the engine) suggested that Jack spent plenty of time in his favorite spot.

"But hey...with a bounty like that, maybe we could splurge and get some new belts for the engine. The one's we've got down there right now are pretty much scrap."

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:58 pm

Doug cocked his head as Kai asked if he'd heard anything. "Eh, probably just ship noise." Doug replied, kicking his feet up onto the table. "Yeah, with that much money we could afford to buy new belts, and a couple other parts the ship needs... Plus some real food, then the usual personal cut we all get. God knows I could use some good Vodka.." Doug used the remote to bring up their ETA til they got to Earth. "Just another hour, and we'll be planetside! Yay!" Doug exclaimed in a almost boyish way. "I'm gonna go shower, get pretty for the thugs." Doug said to Kai as he made his way upstairs.

Once on the second floor, Doug went to his room and grabbed some clothes and a towel, and on his way to the showers knocked on Jack's door. "Hey buddy, you a'ight? We heard a bang earlier, not sure if it was you.. We'll be planetside within an hour!"

Axle
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:27 pm

Kai watched Doug take off to 'make himself pretty,' shaking her head. She had known the captain for a good few years now, so the fact that he had no clue what they were getting themselves into did not bother her. In fact, it was a bit more reassuring than if he had known all the details of their job. Which was very odd. Maybe she had been on the ship for too long.

Double checking all the mechanical things in the vicinity, Kai hustled down to her own quarters to change into something that was acceptable for more than eating breakfast.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:42 pm

Jack groaned, the back of his head feeling like a thousand jackhammers working on it. The back box hummed and glowed with the red light emitting from it. One of the stacked crates fell over with a loud crash.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:00 pm

Doug heard another crash, this side defineatly from inside Jack's room. "Shit man you ok?! Alright, I hope you're not naked because I'm comin' in!" Doug then opened the door, and Jack fell backwards out into the hallway, and Doug pushed a crate which was hall on his legs off of him. "Dude, you ok?" Doug asked as he crouched down next to him. 'Shit, of all the times for me to not know where the first aid kit is...' Doug thought to himself as he hoped that Jack would come to quickly.

Axle
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:09 pm

Jack groaned. He wasn't completely out of it. His eyes would roll back into his head from time to time. "The battery" mumbled Jack, pointing weakly to the bench, "What happened to my battery?" The black box on the bench continued to emitting red light and smoking a little.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:44 pm

Kailani exited her room, now sporting clean clothes that would not attract funny stares or upturned noses. She had even brushed her hair into an untangled dark mass just barely touching her shoulders. She ran back up the stairs, pausing to step over the flipped over Jack and Doug, who was helping him, and began looking for her solid earth shoes. She mostly owned sandals, which were perfect, as they were easy to remove and she preferred walking barefoot in the engine room. But something not so easy to lose was necessary for walking on planets.

As she was rummaging under the couch, she heard a beeping start up. She jerked upright, looking to the screen, and saw the incoming message warning...er...icon. (Messages were usually warnings that they were about to be blown up, or boarded, or some other unwanted thing). She scrambled to her feet, hitting the 'receive' button.

"Captain, this is..." The officious looking man who was contacting them drifted to a halt as he saw who he was talking to. "Is Captain Douglas Gregoire available?"

"Yeah, sure, just a sec!" Kailani jogged back over to the stairs, hollering down the stairwell, "DOUG! You've got a live feed in a fancy coat looking for you!"

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:23 am

Doug looked up at the little black box he assumed was the battery and said, "Uh, it's glowing.. Not sure if that's a good thing..." He helped Jack sit up right, and just as he did so Kai poked her head into the hall and yelled, "DOUG! You've got a live feed in a fancy coat looking for you!" Doug looked toward her, then lazily got up off the floor and walked to the comm room.

Once there, Doug stopped in front of the monitor and said, "Captain Douglas Gregoire, at your service. What can I do for you today sir?" Doug turned his head slightly, to see Kai rummaging for something. And she was rummaging EVERYWHERE for whatever it was; she'd even turned over a chair and Doug saw one of his pipes he'd been missing for forever. 'I need to clean this place more often.' Doug thought to himself as he turned his full attention back to the guy on the monitor.

Axle
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:17 am

The lip of the officer on screen had begun to curl, just the slightest bit. Clearly he also thought that Doug should clean his place. "Captain Gregoire, this is Admiral Chen of Earth Squadrant 46 D Sector 5A. I see here that you've requested landing permission in our area, and I regret to inform you that the port you had previously been given permission to access has been closed down for the next week. There is a small port available approximately ten earth miles away. If you could please restate your business and how long you intend to be staying, we can get this all sorted out in a short manner."

Kailani paused in her search to stare at the man on the screen. With dirty blond hair and a pasty complexion, he didn't look much like a 'Chen.' Maybe his Mama's Mama's cousin was a Chen...or something... When he got to the part of them not being able to land in their previously approved port, she felt her jaw drop indignantly. It felt like making a reservation at a fancy restaurant only to be turned away when you got there. But she wasn't the one who had been called, so she said nothing.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:00 pm

'What the hell? Shit, well gotta roll with the punches...' Will thought to himself as he said, "I'm a bounty hunter, same as my crew. We're currently looking for Mykel Swige, last known location is Earth, in the city of Old Saint Louis. We plan on staying as long as we need to nab this guy, so it could be a day or two, or perhaps a week or more." Doug felt a little pissed at having to explain his business to this guy, especially since he's the one that told them they couldn't dock at the port they wanted to. 'That port had the best Old Thai food....' Doug thought to himself as he waited for a response from Mr. Chen, or Admiral Chen.. Whatever he was called.

Axle
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:42 pm

The Admiral stared at a clipboard for a moment, pale brow crinkled slightly as though in concentration or concern. After a bit of silence, he looked back up, nodding briefly. "Very good. You'll be landing in the Beta Side Port, not far off from where you were originally headed. Best of luck in your hunting."

He seemed slightly less than sincere in his wishes, but the message shut off without waiting for Doug's response. Kailani heaved an aggravated sigh, tossing her hands into the air. "I can't find my bleedin' shoe! And what the heck was that about? They shut down an entire port? What a load of-"

And she went on muttering her opinion on the matter, her voice muffled as she ducked under a sofa cushion.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!