Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Z-Academy OOC

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Z-Academy OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:00 pm

Centuries after the end of Dragonball GT, the planet Earth is still in need of heroes. The military has gained a boost by partnering with the Capsule Corporation, but technology cannot hold off powerful alien threats forever. In order to create a new group of heroes that could watch over the Earth like the Z-Fighters of old, Hercule City built the Z-Academy, a school for young warriors wishing to shoulder the mantle of Earth's greatest defenders. This school teaches all of the martial arts of the famous Z-Fighters themselves. The school accepts students from all over the galaxy, and many have heard the call to join. Its inaugural year has arrived, and a small group of students may just be the ones to fulfill this destiny...if they can survive both the challenges of the school and their personal demons.

The rules:

1. There are four classes of students: white, green, brown, and black. All students will start out as white belts, especially given that this is the inaugural year.

2. The story runs for ten years, with students advancing to the next rank every two years. The optimal age for students is 10-15, so that they will finish the story at age 20-25. Depending on circumstances, I might be willing to bend these rules a bit.

3. No Saiyans. Aside from the fact that Saiyan DNA has almost died out by this point, but Saiyans have an innate power level and the potential to transform, gaining them too much power to be consistent with fairness. The only Saiyan character in this roleplay will be the Half-Saiyan instructor, Master Uruburai.

4. There are ten available classes for each character, and these may be taken as you wish. If you want to focus on one style all of your ten years, then go for it. If you want to branch out, that's fine, too. The requirements for moving up in rank and for graduation depend on power level and mastery of chosen styles, so keep that in mind. Below will be a list of classes.

5. Each student will learn his/her own techniques in addition to the signature techniques of their chosen style. However, these techniques must be reflective of their rank. For example, a White Belt should not be able to use a technique that could blow up a city. Instead, they would perhaps use a weaker blast, physical technique like a rush combo, or maybe a telepathic move. The species of your character may also play a role in your choice of technique. I will let you know if I think your technique is too advanced for your rank.

6. No godmodding, Mary/Gary Sues, etc.

7. All other RPG rules apply.

In order to keep things manageable, I am only accepting ten students total. If others are interested, I could delegate out roles for instructors, and if I run out of that, I could delegate them to villains. Below is a list of classes.

1. Turtle School
2. Pressure School
3. Namekian School
4. Crane School
5. Wolf School
6. Saiyan School
7. Dragon School
8. Tiger School
9. School of the Mind
10. Pendulum Course
11. Majin School
And now, we come to the character skeleton. Please submit it accordingly.

Full Name: Ryukyu Taizan

Preferred Name: Taizan

Age/DOB: 13. N/A

Race/Ethnicity: Human. Japanese.

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 200 lbs. of muscle

Build: Muscular.

Eyes: Dark brown.

Hair: Same.

Clothes: Black Kung-Fu shoes, white pants, and a blue tunic.

Appearance: N/A

Born: A hut just outside Hercule City.

Special abilities:
Mouth Blast: A gathering of Ki in the throat that is then propelled outward through the mouth.

Hobbies: training

Interests: training

Personality: Distrustful, angry, to-the-point, and fiercely determined.

Background: When Taizan was but a boy of six, his parents were killed by aliens that invaded his planet. His home was destroyed, and Taizan himself was left grief-stricken and alone. Once he was able to regain his senses, he found a way to cope with his pain by using the martial arts. He rebuilt his cabin by hand and fiercely trains himself to be better and stronger. During a particularly exhausting training ritual, Taizan's Ki exploded out of him and he gained incredible strength, speed, and reflexes. This outpouring of Ki was detected by Grandmaster Hinoki of the Z-Academy, and he has now introduced Taizan to the place where he can become the warrior he was meant to be.

That's about all there is to it. I hope to see a good deal of people join up and help to create a great story. So, good luck and have fun.
Last edited by True_Grave on Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"]Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Z-Academy OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JayZeroSnake on Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:42 pm

Name: Kilro

Race/Ethnicity: Namekian

Height: 5,9ft
Weight: 190lbs
Build: Muscular
Hair: "…" None, sadly.
Eyes: Black

Outfit: Simple, like Nail's. He always has a vest on, secured by his scarf,with basic pants held up by a sash.

http://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll33 ... obrast.png

Techniques

- Kunrenken (Drill Punch): Kilro's hands can spin like a drill and attack the opponent in an odd manner.

- Double Hurricane Nuke: Two special beam cannon type blasts. After the move, his arms are numb, and useless for a short time. They cannot be severed for new ones, or else new ones cannot grow.

History: A traditional namekian, one of two twins, the latter going to Earth. Kilro left for Earth to try and offer his power as a pure blooded namekian, and pure-cultured namekian to be like the warrior, piccolo of the past, as well as to find his brother. He has devoted his work to serious training and learning of Earthen martial arts.

-

Name: Ricoda
Height: 5,11
Weight: 210lbs
Eyes: Black

History: Kilro's younger brother, who lived on Earth and absorbed its customs, becoming a 'streetwise' pop-cultured namekian. A local thug who wanted to prove his worth, and show he was the better sibling to their family back on Namek. He listens to music that makes Kilro disgusted and has once even been apart of a gang during a period of Namekian hate. He's got streetwise clothes, clipped fingernails, and a tricked out airship he just got his license for, and happens to be on bad terms with the police.

http://templeotrunks.com/images/fan_art ... o_bone.jpg

Specials:

Leg Waves: Ricoda can fire blasts through dance-like kicks that resemble capoiera techniques.

"Join The Corps!"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

JayZeroSnake
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:31 pm

All right, Jay, I'll accept them. The Drill Punch is fine for now, but he must wait until he is a higher belt to use the Double Hurricane Nuke. I definitely see Ricoda being a villain for now, but he may pull a Vegeta later and become a good guy.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JayZeroSnake on Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:55 pm

Okay. The Double Hurricane is pretty strong, so I'll wait on that one. I like the drill punch better anyways. XD

Holy shit. That's perfect. Although Ricoda isn't evil by nature, he's a huge douche. XD

JayZeroSnake
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:10 pm

Yeah, I thought as much. I'm not quite sure how many we'll get for this roleplay total, so having at least five new Z-Fighters would be good for defending the Earth in the sequel.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:38 am

Full Name: Ikazu

Preferred Name: Ikazu

Age/DOB: 14

Race/Ethnicity: Icejin (Frieza's race)

Height: 5'4''

Weight: 190 lbs.

Build: Slim

Eyes: Reddish brown

Hair: None

Clothes: None

Appearance:

Born: Planet Cold 1 (Icejin home planet)

-Special abilities-
Finger Beam: Basic beam of piercing energy shot from the fingertip. Hasn't yet been refined into a true technique yet.

Hobbies: Training and Studying

Interests: His reputation

Personality: Quiet, calculating, and confident.

Background: Ikazu descends from the infamous Cold family, which isn't as great as one might think. Centuries ago, the name Cold instilled fear and awe. By the time Ikazu was born however, the Cold family name was a laughing stock for the humiliating defeats that Frieza, Cooler, and even King Cold suffered at the hands of the Super Saiyans. As such, Ikazu is often mocked because he shares the same blood, and it has always been the thing that makes him angry. As was common in the Cold family, Ikazu was born with remarkable potential for power, but in a peaceful universe, there was little to gain skill from. Ikazu shocked everyone when he announced that he was going to Earth, not to conquer it, but to train at Z-Academy. He reasoned that the best way to redeem his family name was study the very Martial Arts styles and techniques that had so easily defeated his ancestors in the past. Through this, he hoped to redeem the name of Cold and make it something to respect again.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:50 pm

A Changeling training to become a new age Z-Fighter, huh? That should be very interesting. I'll accept him, but I hope you'll keep it fair in terms of how much power he gains at one time, to keep it fair for the other, less powerful races.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:52 pm

I don't plan on him having having 4 different forms, if that's what you mean. He might discover how to use the "5th Form" transformation that Cooler used, but it wouldn't happen until like near the endgame... of the sequel. Honestly, I like the humanoid "4th form" appearance and I really don't want to get rid of it any time soon. And aside from having a naturally decent power level due to his race, I don't see him breaking the game like a Saiyan would.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:05 pm

Well, I was referring more to the "breaking the game" thing more than having four different forms. Trying to keep everything more or less fair means I have to keep an eye on Namekians, Changelings, and other species that have a better affinity for Ki than humans. Yeah, don't sweat the transformation too much, as I will have Taizan undergo his own form of Super Saiyan toward the end of Z-Academy. I didn't assume he would be like Frieza. Speaking of which, what would a good beginning power level be like for Ikazu? I'm going to have Master Hanayama test the power levels of the newbies with the scouter-like tube, and I'd like to know that, given that it will be my first time working with a Changeling.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:19 pm

I... honestly have no idea. I imagine he would certainly possess above average ratings, but what those numbers would be exactly...? I'm not sure. One thing I will say, though, is that the powers of Non-Transformation characters should be somewhat higher than those that do transform. For instance, a Namekian doesn't transform (technically speaking) while someone like Zarbon does. I would say that the Namekian should maintain a somewhat higher average power level than the Zarbon character since the main strength of the Zarbon character is to transform in order to level the playing field. That being said, I don't want to use any transformations for Ikazu (even though he logically should) because I was never a fan of transformations and would rather have the character be more than capable of fighting without relying on maintaining a transformed state.

I still can't think of good starting number, though. Er... what will the average be for the white belts? 1,500? 2,000? If that's the case, then I would think maybe 3,000 is a far starting point for Ikazu. It's a decent advantage without being overly unfair.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:33 pm

Actually, I decided to lower the power level range after some research. The power level of just your average human is ten, according to Raditz's scouter. The White Belts would essentially be beginners with Ki, unless they are of a species other than human, in which case they would have more innate abilities with Ki. The power level of an average White Belt would be 100 at the highest, and I am basing Taizan at 150, given his journeyman level of Ki storage and usage through research, and his knowledge to unlock more through meditation. A student must reach a power level of 500 to advance to Green Belt, as well as show skill worthy of a Green belt in their chosen disciplines. So, to be fair without stunting Ikazu too much, I think a fair starting point would be 1000.

As for transformations, I agree with you on every point. Although at this point, it would be impossible for Kilro to have a higher power level, given his difficulty using Ki, and for the fact that Changelings are innately stronger than Namekians. At this point, I have no problem with Ikazu starting out as the strongest White Belt, given that everything will be balanced toward the end of Z-Academy. As for Taizan's "Super Saiyan" transformation, that will not occur very often. That would be used in the Z-Academy endgame, or in a situation like we had in Chulance's RP, where the bad guys attacked the Z-Academy and pissed him off. It's mostly just for emergencies, like the Trigger Cannon.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:45 pm

1,000 seems kind of high if everyone else is gonna be 100. But I'll trust your judgement, and I'm certain Ikazu's won't go up very much until Taizan and Kilro has had a chance to catch theirs up, as it would only fair.

I remember all the schools, but the Dragon, Tiger, Mind, and Pendulum courses are new to me. What are they like?

Would it be possible for Ikazu to develop his "Death Beam" through the Crane School, since the Dodon-pa is basically the same thing? Could he also develop the "Homing Disc" thing Frieza used by learning the Kienzan? Perhaps he learns the regular Kienzan but as he advances, he's able to add his own twist to it to make it more like Frieza's version?

Xeynar
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:04 pm

Perhaps you're right. I think 500 would be better. Is that good with you? Well, yes, everyone will at least be close to each other's power level, not to mention that there is more to fighting than just power level.

Yes, those four are new schools I added. The Dragon School teaches students how to fly and fight in the air, so that the Z-Fighters to be will know how to do stuff like that. The Tiger course is based on the Thieves Guild/Dark Brotherhood from The Elder Scrolls series, and is basically how to fight stealthily and sharpen the fingers into tiger claws; this is for characters who might not want to follow the DBZ stereotype. The Mind school is based on Chiaotzu's use of telepathy, and uses the mind in addition to Ki to fight; also a school for those who may not want to follow the stereotype. The Pendulum Course is based on the Pendulum Room that the Z-Fighters used in the Saiyan Saga, and is used to grow stronger in mind and body by facing and defeating your own fears and/or limitations. These four courses are electives, like you would have at a real college.

Sure, that's fine. There's no Changeling School at the Z-Academy, so the Crane School would be the next best thing to learn how to better that move. Sure, the Double Destructo Disc thing would be best learned at the Turtle School, since it was Krillin's technique originally. That technique would be kind of like learning a style technique in addition to Ikazu's original techniques.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Those new classes sound pretty neat. I'm especially intrigued by the Pendulum Course. It's concept is basically screaming at me to eventually have Ikazu try to fight the Super Saiyans in that thing to prove he is better than his ancestors.

One more note on the Techniques, is that I would like for Ikazu's Magnum (calling it that instead of Death Beam so it doesn't sound so evil) to eventually gain a "Super" version that would function like the Special Beam Cannon, something I'm sure Ikazu can learn in the Namekian School.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:26 pm

Sure, man, whatever you want to do. This roleplay and its sequel is all about having fun. The storyline is not very linear, so there's plenty of wiggle room to make your character how you want. Yes, to make it like the Special Beam Cannon, you would want to hit up the Namekian School. I'm so excited about this. If all goes well, I'll have the IC up by tonight.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:32 pm

If it's going to function like a College, then the students might benefit from being required to pick a Major to specialize in by such-and-point in their training. Of course, doing so would limit what they could learn from other classes, so I guess it's not a totally good idea.

I'm excited too, since in all the DBZ games we've done I haven't yet got to play an Icejin/Changeling for real, so this will definitely be a treat for me.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:37 pm

Yeah, I wanted to do away with the whole major thing because I did not want to limit the creativity of the players. If someone wanted to major, it would be unofficial, with them just electing to take it all ten years. It's not necessarily going to function like a college, I was mostly just using that as an example to show how this school has electives just like other schools. Yeah, Chulance's RP fell through before you could use your last Changeling, but we can bring him back for the sequel if you wish. It's the land of opportunity, my friend.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:18 pm

I have put up the Z-Academy IC thread. Just remember to submit your CS in the OOC, know that the "elective" courses, Dragon, Mind, Tiger, and Pendulum, can be entered and exited at will, and away you'll go. I hope everybody who joins up has fun.

academy-t66214.html

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:27 pm

I'm loving how each character seems to have latched onto a school that the others aren't interested in...

1. Taizan - Turtle
2. Ikazu - Crane
3. Kilro - Is he going to take anything besides Namek and Pressure?

While at the same time, they all have something in common with the Namekian Style. Should turn them into an interesting trio of friends/rivals (especially Taizan and Ikazu with the whole Turtle/Crane rivalry being the stuff of legend).

Xeynar
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JayZeroSnake on Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:36 pm

Like I said about Kilro, he has an interest in the Crane, but that won't be for a while. Maybe he'll suddenly realize the potential of the Wolf Style.

JayZeroSnake
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!