Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Delirium

Additional Information

a part of “The Delirium”, a fictional universe by Kaaaat.

[1x1] They say that the cure for love will make us safe forever. And we’ve always believed them. Until now. Now everything has changed. Now, we'd rather be infected with love for the tiniest sliver of a second than live a hundred years smothered by a lie.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Delirium”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Additional Information

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaaaat on Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:15 pm

- There is one unmistakable sign of someone who is cured: the mark of the procedure, a three-pointed scar just behind the left ear, where the scientists insert a special three-pronged needle used exclusively for immobilizing the patient so that the cure can be administered. People like to show off their scars with dignity and pride. (Some Invalids fake the scar to "prove" that they've been cured for the better.)

- Upon turning 18, evaluations occur. During the evaluations four evaluators will examine you for close to two hours. Your evaluation is your final test after high school. The academic assessors will analyze your strengths and weaknesses and then assign you to a school (college) before the summer is over. After your evaluation is analyzed, they will pair you with who they think is right to become your life-long companion. Evaluation Day is said to be the exciting rite of passage that prepares you for a future of happiness, stability and partnership. In the coming months the evaluators will send you a list of four or five approved matches

- The Safety, Health, and Happiness Handbook or, the Book of Shhh teaches various things about the Deliria. From quotes to nursery rhymes, it's a universal encyclopedia about rules and society today.

“Mama, Mama, help me get home
I'm out in the woods, I am out on my own.
I found me a werewolf, a nasty old mutt
It showed me its teeth and went straight for my gut.

Mama, Mama, help me get home
I'm out in the woods, I am out on my own.
I was stopped by a vampire, a rotting old wreck
It showed me its teeth and went straight for my neck.

Mama, Mama, put me to bed
I won't make it home, I'm already half-dead.
I met an Invalid, and fell for his art
He showed me his smile, and went straight for my heart.

-From "A Child's Walk Home," Nursery Rhymes and Folk Tales”

- After the procedure, your heart will always be beating steadily in your chest. It will always beat out that same rhythm, not skip or jump or swirl or go faster, just womp, womp, womp until you`re dead. Many people are afraid of the procedure; some people even resist. There are some people who aren`t afraid of it though, and would have it done tomorrow, but you have to be at least eighteen, sometimes a little older, before the scientists will cure you.Otherwise the procedure won`t work correctly: People end up with brain damage, partial paralysis, blindness, or worse.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kaaaat
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Additional Information

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makenna Young on Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:20 am

Okay. :)
And by the way, who is the Delirium Trology by?
I might be interested in reading it.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Makenna Young
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!