Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Aliens vs Superpowers

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Aliens vs Superpowers

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby luminous on Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:36 am

IC)

after walking from the edge of the town, i see a crowd gathered around, i slowly approach the crowd with caution looking for anything suspicious, like a trap prepared by the aliens. i analyze the situation and scan for all possibilities, however it seems safe so i join the crowd to see what was going on. it seems like there are 3 specials. one guy looked really buff so i decided that i should keep an eye on him, otherwise he might crush me by accident. the closer i got the more dead aliens i see, that meant that these guys are really powerful. i walk over and listen in on what they are talking about.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

luminous
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SparkyXx on Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:26 am

Nyu introduced herself to the group they had now, "Hi, I'm Nyu." Her eyes darted around the town, making sure the tons people felt safe again. "Uhmm I suppose you could say I live here..." She shuffled her feet a bit out of a nervous habbit. Nyu was always uncomfortable meeting new people. She noticed a backpack slung over the shoulder of the big male. "Doesn't that bag belong to David here?" She almost snapped at him, befor dropping her eyes to the ground. She had to watch her tone here, not sure how they would react to a mouthy little femme.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SparkyXx
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:44 am

Rowey went into the pockets of his loud blue-and-gold Oxford and dug around for a few seconds. Pulling various junk pieces of paper and trash, etc. out, the kinetic shrugged, a half-dissappointed look on his face. "Naw man, no blunt for you," he grunted. Then, turning towards David, he continued: "Just wanderin'. Figured you guys could use some help, maybe I'll roll with you guys for a spell."

He turned his gaze to Nyu and smiled a little, tiny bit. "Hi." He responded.
From the depths, I return!

Cypher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby et101 on Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:11 pm

as the pink haired girl snapped at me and i immediately became enraged at her and loudly stated "why don't you mind your own damn business!" as i stomped the ground in front of her creating a small tremor.the surrounding townspeople started to disperse and i took their gifts and sprinted away

et101
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:36 pm

Rowey raised an eyebrow slightly and placed a hand on the ground. The tremor dispersed around Nyu as suddenly as it had started, and Rowey's face looked a little drained but otherwise the same. "Someone want to go after him?" The kinetic shrugged, looking for all intents and purposes as if him stopping a minor earthquake by patting the ground affectionately was an everyday occurance.

Cypher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby luminous on Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:06 pm

i notice the big guy stomping the ground, i took cover behind a building as i ran with the crowds, it felt like a fight was breaking out.i notice a tall building and flew to it, arming my sniper and getting ready to take someone out if things got out of hand. it seemed like the guy with the sword might have noticed me, so i kept my sights on him while aiming down at the 3 in total

luminous
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Frailrose on Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:54 pm

as i awoke from a tremor, i looked out of the room and saw a guy flying to a tower. he took out his sniper and looked like he was going to shoot someone. i quickly grabbed my pistol and shot at him, however i missed and he took notice and turned around. i turned invisible and started running to the tower so that i can get him without him noticing as he is looking for me

Frailrose
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby luminous on Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:06 pm

as i was looking down at the 3, a shot hit the brick right next to me, i accidently pulled the trigger, im not sure if i hit someone but i couldn't check. i head down the tower looking around and trying to find the person who shot me. there was no one, however there were footprints out of nowhere that kept appearing. she was like the other 3. i flew down there and shot a minor airball at the coming footsteps

luminous
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Frailrose on Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:19 pm

i felt a gust and it knocked me over. my invisibility went out since i couldn't concentrate. trying to grasp the situation i look up and his hand is at my throat. i yell "wait!! let me ask you one thing, why were you about to shoot those people?? they did nothing wrong." i look around trying to find something heavy enough so that i can knock him over. as i look around i see a giant stone. as i was about to hurl the stone at him he answered

Frailrose
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby luminous on Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:44 pm

ooc) nice way to bring me in

bic) it seems like the gust hit the girl, just strong enough to knock her down but not to her hurt. i fly to her at top speed, just within range to get her to worry about her life. she asked me why i was gonna kill those people. i thought i felt kinda ridiculous since i don't actually kill people unless i don't have a choice it felt awkward so i hesitated in answering. i finally answered " the tremors was caused by that big guy over there and i was just keeping an eye on him, however since you shot me i pulled the trigger, i might have hit one of them thanks to you, however i'm not gonna hurt you if you leave me alone." i take off to see if i startled anyone with my sniper shot.

luminous
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Frailrose on Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:58 pm

" i'll follow you" i replied," since it was my fault after all." as i follow him, i decided i was going to chitchat "my name is alexis, however you can call me alex, also that wind ability, what are your other abilities, everyone seems to have 3, especially all the people that pass by through this town. i'm, also that's my house right over there, i work at the resteraunt so as an apology you can come get a free meal on me k?"

Frailrose
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:22 pm

Meanwhile...

BANG!

A high-powered rifle spoke off in the distance. Without thinking, Rowey immediately tossed up a kinetic barrier around himself- just in time; a bullet plonked off the shield and buried itself in the ground nearby. The kinetic immediately dropped his barrier and his shoulders slumped in exertion. He waited a few seconds, got his wind back, then ran off towards the buildings, cursing up a storm.

Cypher
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby et101 on Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:20 pm

when someone took a shot at me i immediately tackled the tower it came from with all my might to take down the sniper that shot at me when i hit it it's side's bottom crumbled and the entire tower fell over any normal person in there died right there and then,after that was done i used my super leap to get back to where i was to say to the hippie "your a mutie? why didn't you say that?"

et101
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby luminous on Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:16 pm

as me and alex walked i replied "i'm arty, nice to meet you and thanks, after we settle the minor mishaps i'll enjoy that meal you owe me."
there was an awkward silence since the tension is still pretty high. we reach the group, but the big guy was not there. i hear a thud and the tower fell. a small crash is heard and he's back in with the group. i figured this would probably be hard to explain well, might as well get started, i approach the group. "hi my name is arty."

luminous
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Frailrose on Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:33 am

as arty introduced himself, i notice a shadow going over the city, it was a ship like the one that crashlanded, except bigger. everyone took notice and then we started hearing screams "we'll talk later, we got some uglies to kill!" " lets split up into different parts of the town, that way we can protect more of the people over a wide range." not even one second passed and everyone was already into their hiding spots. i figured i should go to mine too, so i turned invisible and tried to get close to one of the aliens i saw running at the towns people. i look around and find 2 cars. i focus my abilities on lifting the car. my invisibility wore off and the alien saw me, however it has a car flying at it 250mph. once the car went smackdab in its face i shot the gas tank to blow it up, which also caused a distraction for the other aliens

Frailrose
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby luminous on Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:44 am

right after i left for the north part of town, i decided to find a vantage point where i can analyze the whole situation, however the ship itself would probably notice me, i had two options, distract the ship from everyone else and have them focus on me, that would get me into a big fight, but be safe for everyone else, or i can save myself for a short period of time and analyze the situation and come back with a sure kill plan. although i don't want to fight, innocent people will get kidnapped if i don't distract the aliens right away....crap. i yelled " hey you big ugly dumb asses i'm over here." right when i said that a whole bunch of plasma shots came at me. i skyrocket myself into the sky and created a tornado above them and crush them with the wind force, they were sent flying back at the ship, however right when they fell to the ship they lit on fire upon contact. the ship had a shield. i figured i'd make an altworld for the people to hide in, i place the entrance to it in a small house, that way the aliens won't even suspect the house and just blow it up.

luminous
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Frailrose on Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:52 am

i picked up one of the aliens plasma guns and stayed cloaked until i got close enough to aim at their faces and shoot them for max damage. the more i killed, the more plasma guns there were. i killed about 23 within the last hour. something was different though, there were no civilians around, they had all disappeared. because of this i figured they all were kidnapped. it made me angry so i dropped my cloak and used my telekinesis and lifted all the guns. i pulled the trigger in a mad frenzy, then i started to notice that there were tornados everywhere, wind seemed to be arty's signature, i headed over to him. two people are better than one, even if the city is taken out we're still better of killing as many as we can than getting kidnapped.

Frailrose
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby luminous on Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:58 am

as i started blowing gusts and tornados everywhere, i started getting fatigued. i created another alt world and rested for a little bit and gave the aliens a little search and play game. a 5 minute break was long enough, i left and flew back up. i saw alex running towards me, with a sigh of relief, i finally had back up. i rushed over to her at top speed,'hey you seem to be alright, and also wut's with the floating guns, is that another one of your powers. oh well no time to talk lets try to find the ships weakpoint, follow me."

luminous
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Frailrose on Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:06 am

"wut happened to all the people?" arty filled me in on what happened and then i started using my powers to pull the trigger and simultaneously shoot the plasma guns in small portion bursts, trying to hit every spot of the ship to see which part didn't have the shield protecting it. the more i ran the more i got tired and needed rest. the number of guns i can control is lowering with each second. i didn't want to weigh arty down, he's constantly shooting wind all over the bottom of the ship, however shield was there too. the running got too tiring, i fall to my knees. to catch my breath.

Frailrose
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby luminous on Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:16 am

i seemed to have tried hitting the alien's ship everywhere possible, nothing seemed to work, then i notice a part i didn't try yet, the direct center of the top of the ship. when i realized that it all made sense, why keep the weak spot at the bottom where the enemies can just get a hit, i fly up as high as i can and sent a compressed version of a ball of oxygen, the thing about oxygen is that the more you compress it, the faster it expands when it is released. if it is highly compressed and expands at a great amount of speed, the friction in the air itself can cause it to ignite. it is highly condensed and unstable. i send the ball directly at the center. it worked!!! i blew a crack in the shell of the armor, a deep crack, just enough for a couple of us to get in and destroy it from the inside out. but first i had to get alexis and take another break. right when i head down to alexis i enter us in an altworld, hoping the others are doing alright and began to rest there. right before i entered the alt world though i catch a glimpse of an alien jumping out from the ship, however it didn't look ordinary, its skin was different, it was dark green and really big. other than that it wore a heavy metallic shell over its arms and hands, this might be something that a single one of us can't handle. i started to think of a stradegy to analyze its ability without getting into a direct fight. however for now i have to hope for the best and just regain my powers

luminous
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!