Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Amaranth: The Dark Lands

Amaranth: The Dark Lands

a part of “Amaranth: The Dark Lands”, a fictional universe by zody.

A group of Teens are taken back in time, to a place called Amaranth. Where monsters prowl and bandits roam. Will they survive, or will they perish in the past, and never see their home again?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Amaranth: The Dark Lands”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Amaranth: The Dark Lands

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zody on Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:51 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Amaranth: The Dark Lands"

STORY

There is a peculiar group of teenagers living in Grand City, they have no hideouts, no specific rules, they just drift. One day they visit a Scientist's lab, and decide to stay there from now on, but someone wasn't careful with what they touched, and they sent the teens spiralling into the past. Suddenly they woke up near a village, with no idea where they were, and the machine they used to get there had no power. What will they do? There are a variety of choices from slave working to theft, you decide. Also, you could join the Serenian Militia, a group devoted to defending Amaranth from invaders and brigands, monsters and sorcerers. At some point in the RP, the kids will get to choose to either stay in Amaranth or return home.

Hope you enjoy or like! ^_^
"Chillax Zody, Scheming Zody, Asshole Satori Zody, Srsbsns Zody, Gentleman Zody, GM Zody, TSUNTSUN Zody, Yandere Zody, Kuudere Zody, Immoral Zody, Zodiac, SCIENCE! Zody, Regular Zody, Seductive Zody, Kawaii Desu Neko Zody so far.

Why the hell are there so many Zody's?!"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

zody
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Amaranth: The Dark Lands

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:24 pm

o.O I like it!

But seeing the other two characters in there, I do wonder if the teenagers are supposed to start out there or does the story begin after they've been there for a long while ...

It seems for the character Nero, it would be impossible for her to have just been sent back in time. Considering her level of skill is -Complete Master? :/

It's kind of a game breaker if she was just starting out because it would mean she actually had those powers before they were sent back in time, which is kind of ...wtfish. :]

A smilie costs nothing, but in the internet, it is EVERYTHING.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

flickery
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LuckyNumber24 on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:31 pm

May I have a monster for a character?

LuckyNumber24
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:33 pm

I just sent my character in but I believe completely with the above. My character (Hashana)'s skill is her brain. She can handle a knife to some extend (kinda have to when your a city vagrant) but she really can not fight. When she gets there she will find that she has some limited elemental magic (can summon a small flame, does nothing but help start a fire) but that's it. Everything else she will have to learn there.

Also I think were starting in the laboratory, not already there. I admit though, I played off the comment that this world has magic but can't harness it in my history. She didn't do anything but somehow touched that "force" whatever it may be.

Nanase
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadtheWerepire on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:45 pm

Yeah I agree with Nanase and flickery, I was wonder what the deal is with powers, did they have them before? and what was the world they were in before like? Would they have skills like sword fighting? I submitted my character and if I remember correctly there was nothing about Skill level in the skele so I just put the potential of my character's powers.

ShadtheWerepire
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:22 pm

We're street vagrants, It's possible if you write your history right you could have past experience in sword fighting or some sort of martial arts, As were teenagers I doubt you'd be a master in it though. As for magic, It's possible you could be very very very powerful in it and it could come pretty naturaly, but you wouldn't be able to control it much and that could be dangerous. I'm pretty sure the point was to learn about it when we get there.

Nanase
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xCrossX21 on Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:26 pm

well in the introduction the GM mentioned that in the world of Amaranth people have certain powers, and some people in the modern world has these powers too.
& i believe you could do sword fighting since not EVERYONE will be able to have powers ;P

xCrossX21
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:51 pm

pfft, who needs swords, Elbow blades FTW

Nanase
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadtheWerepire on Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:58 pm

Ahhh I forgot about that little bit above the Power choices, Thankz

Hehehe I'm looking forward to this roleplay.

(sorry if I'm annoying...) I feel like the kids have been refered to as "friends" so that implies the characters know each other? Can't wait to figure all the relationship stuff out considering my character's a total arrogant asshole and most people will probably hate him!

ShadtheWerepire
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:00 pm

Mine doesn't give a danm... so long as you don't pry into her past to much... She's rather afraid of what people would think about her there... as that's the reason why she's in the group to begin with.

WOW there's a scarily poor submission in that list of possible CS submissions :|

Nanase
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xCrossX21 on Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:03 pm

lol np :D

& yup i guess they are all friends. and it's fine ^^
it's fun to have different types of characters XD
makes the rp much more intersting.

xCrossX21
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fallen on Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:08 pm

Hmmm,

I feel like I should give my character a few more normal skills or whatever they were listed as, as I look at more of these profiles. I was going off her personality in general which is why I gave her light as a power in the first place. However, I don't know should I add more to her XD?

And I am wondering how long they have been there or where we are at as well since one of the characters was accepted as almost a master of her element. It makes me want to make my character weild strong light abilities though just have extremely poor control over it and it get worse based on her emotions or something to make up for it. I don't understand why one character is allowed to be so much stronger than the others.

Though they all know eachother, are we going to elaborate on their thoughts of eachother here or in the role play in general :0?

Fallen
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xCrossX21 on Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:12 pm

nobody should be overly powerful.
i just listed my power as elemental magic. im going to update it later, as into what exactly he can do with the element controls ;P
everyone ends up there on the same day, at the same time as far as I know.
we'll have to ask the GM later when he gets on.

xCrossX21
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadtheWerepire on Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:32 pm

I think they've been drifting together for a while now so it's not really an 8 people happen to be in a lab at the exact same time...

My character's Dark so of course he's super powerful XP Nah... he's just a crazy genius that should be in some sort of mental hospital because he cuts himself for fun and takes enjoyment in hurting small animals!! Ooooo maybe that will be his history, he escaped the cookoo hut XD

Who was the girl character with Dark powers? Shall we collaborate powers or would you rather have entirely different powers? Mine's got insane Blood Magic/berzerker Dark powers, yay Karma

ShadtheWerepire
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:45 pm

XD I thought about it.... but I don't want to have my character die in the end..... Granted I say nothing about her being REALLY ambitious (cough cough all hail the queen) but yeah... she's good... or well more neutral)

Nanase
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lazuli on Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:25 pm

I took a peak at some of the profiles and Earth magic doesn't seem to be too popular, as much as the destructive powers that is ^^;

Is there a specifc amount of time the characters have been together? That probably will be important, on how the everyone treats each other I would guess.
"You'll have to be a little more specific --- A lot of things are my fault."

lazuli
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:31 pm

I would assume any time frame ranging from a month to as many as two or three years. I made mine out that I've been in the group for around a year or so.

Nanase
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadtheWerepire on Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:58 pm

I edited mine to make it off like my character could have been there for a while or for a short time, It's all up to the GM though, they need to accept our characters and then we can probably start playing around with who's been there the longest and who is friendly/unfriendly with who, the nice thing about a group of 8 people is a few can bitterly hate each other but the group can still stick together. I plan on having my character rival with basically everyone. Gahhhh I can't wait to start *super impacient today*

*edit* Ahhhhh the GM is from Australia... (just checked his profile) that's a very different time zone O_o

ShadtheWerepire
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lazuli on Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:36 pm

I wonder about that, there are well over eight characters and (mostly female characters) three already accepted it may take them a bit to decided who to accept and the time zone thing is a good point too.

You're not the only one feeling impatient, today is my last day to do much that doesn't involve school work *sigh*

lazuli
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:19 pm

*cries* danm you to heck school >.<

I need another week :(

worse yet I moved and my new school DOESN'T HAVE INTERNET >.< ARGHHH (it's totally killing me)

Nanase
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!