Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Patch 1.20X

Among The Dungeons

a part of “Patch 1.20X”, a fictional universe by Sonicx00.

A brand new patch for Heide Online has just been released bring new content to the game yet also many dark truths behind it. Follow the story and save you and the subscribers among you...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Patch 1.20X”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Among The Dungeons

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonicx00 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:51 pm

As I explained in Posting/Game mechanics, In dungeons... I will be acting more like an actual GM in my post explaining what goes on, what we see hear, etc. In addition I may add player specific events sometimes giving things your character may notice only so read my post thoroughly. Inside the dungeon I don't expect your post to be entirely big but I still want you to do what you can to be sure its not just a dungeon crawler with no dialogue... You will not be able to the monsters that appear in these dungeons... Its my job as well.

Now all of that you may already know... To get on something a little more important - I wanted to explain combat. When outside of dungeons and in open areas. You're able to do a simple post explaining that you killed some monsters but in this we're actually going to go in depth doing a step by step way of defeating the monsters/bosses. Due to this... there will be times I may skip a few combat phases most likely they will be in restoration timing. I will give you time to restore your SP/HP. I may make there be 5 actual combat phases total per dungeon, maybe more (depending on how large i make the dungeon and what the potential of RP to combat there is.) It also depends on how much post it takes to destroy a dungeon mob too.

Now the explanation of combat...

When combat is going to start you'll know when I mention the monster in my post. I'll give the monster's stats below and most likely depending on the dungeon and what my character thinking I may give something like...

Ex. <Sieghilde engages in combat> - This means combat phase for Sieghilde has began and naturally the post above will show that she engaged. This indicates that you're now IC. Engaging doesn't necessarily have to be at the end of your post but its natural to show who's in the battle and who's not.

After engaging you can allow your character to freely attack/use abilities upon the monsters. Know its not gonna be something like...

"Sieghilde attacks..."

"Sieghilde uses Dragon's Leap..."

No thats too boring + this game is advanced your actions matter and could harm players if they're in the way depending on how things are explained. When battling i expect you to explain surroundings,emotions, and actions. Especially when using an ability... Now when doing all this - Never type it out as if you know you hit or not. Type it out as if your character attempted to do the action.

We all know Heide isn't a simple click and watch game, it uses your mind and movement, it requires it. So saying this, remember you can do multiple attempts in one post whether it be attacking or using abilities (which remember cost SP which I'll get to). So if there is a specific combo you want to do, then by all means. We're not exactly going by a turned based system here.

When you're doing these abilities you wont control the NPC we're fighting... After everyone post In addition to updating what he took as damage I'll give an explanation in the NPC's own post. Which will show what he/she does to us and what it was able to counter, take, etc. This of course makes sense... the monster isn't going to just sit there and do nothing as we beat the crap out of it. In addition to all this, in this post It'll show what all our characters took if depending on who he attacked.

When you're doing abilities, as if you're doing an action in your post you'll explain the action, if its a spell you explain how you chant/conjure it before casting. After the explanation type the name of the ability out in quotations and (optional) change the color of the wording. So we know what you're doing, Of course through RP our characters may say/yell it out during combat too to make it easier.

ALSO update your character sheets!!!. Since i'm doing most the calculations myself it helps looking there for references.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sonicx00
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!