Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

My oh my, another noob :X

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

My oh my, another noob :X

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Underneath on Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:10 pm

Hello,

This is my introduction. I want to start off by saying that I have never actually roleplayed- thus, I am 100% an utter noob. The closest that I've come to roleplaying is this game that I've been addicted to for three and a half years now, CyberNations. It's nation simulation, so somewhat the same sphere as roleplaying.

Since I have never roleplayed, that is all that I can say on that topic.

But I can also talk about me! I am a just-turned eighteen year old male, mildly-short-brown hair, slightly below average height (5'7), freshman in college. I was born and raised in a very small suburb of Boston- 10,000 citizens, graduating class of 150- and am about to attend the exact opposite. I'll be attending Penn State's University Park, which has upwards of 40,000 students. :O I'm going for a graphic design major, as well.

I am very into music, mostly bands that crossover between metal and electronic. *Enter Shikari*. I like almost everything else as well though, except for rap, opera, and country. I spend a lot of time on the computer (obviously, I'm here), but when I'm not online I am either a.) working at Stop n' Shop, b.) playing volleyball with friends, or c.) with my girlfriend, Alexa.

I am somewhat dark, yet also very cheerful. Twisted sense of humour, yet also very genuine.

I almost forgot- my real-life name is Chris. Throughout the internet I have gone by the names Abhorcosm or Masterof9puppets. Underneath is a brand new one for me.

Well, that's me! What can you tell me about yourself/roleplaying?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Underneath
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: My oh my, another noob :X

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avey on Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:25 pm

Woah! Hi there Underneath! I am Aveline and its please to see that you have joined this site to get started on! :D Anyway since you are a newb I will post some links that will benefit you here!
RPG RUles
Role Play Academy
Help Forum
Beginners Guide to OOC Chat
Newbies Guide to RPG

Be sure to check those links out hun! <3
Oh and about myself? Id rather not say, I must keep and maintain my ninja status on this site (but I do like to twirl and eat junk food~!). But you can PM me any questions you have regarding this site or any of the other mods (in green) or the Mentors (in blue)!

Hope to see you around soon!

Cheers,
Aveline <3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Avey
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:28 pm

Welcome to Role-Play Gateway Underneath! Oh and fresh meat? As long as you have initiative and a mind open to learning new things, you'll do great here! Just have a little patience and take as much as you can – advice, tips, suggestions, etc. Although the trick is to give back just as much; a great place to start would be the Library. There are pages of guides in there for everything role-play! I advise you take a look at anything that catches your interest.

If you ever need anything, feel free to send me or any of the staff a message; we’re always more than willing to help.

~ Maestro ~

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Underneath on Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:10 am

Alright, thanks for the tips and links guys. :3

Underneath
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!