Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Another Psychological test

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Another Psychological test

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyouko on Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:47 am

All right so maybe that first test wasn't entirely great, but I tried....right? Haha, I bet a bunch'a y'alls want to kill me right now. Either way, i'm going to create another one, and tell me what you think!

Pick your favorite Shape
Square
Triangle
Circle

The results are as followed, your personality containing your favorite shape.

Triangle-You're an assertive person who enjoys having companionship but would sometimes be the leader in some of the activities that you participate in. Bonds with friends is sometimes stronger than even with your family but even still, you like to play the lone wolf inside your heart. A bond is strong for you because despite having some sort of connection issues, you have smarts that you want everybody to know and see and perhaps you can even make the world ...a smarter place, not smarter than you of course. A triangle symbolizes with three points, left, right, and top. You enjoy..as said, having friends but not too many. Quality over Quantity if you may, and the friends you choose are keepers definitly. However, you can bea little on the cold side with a bit too much assertion but when it comes to situations that need a leader type person, you won't hesitate to step forth.

Square- You're someone who enjoys companion ship greatly but you don't really go out on a limb to get it, instead...they come to you. You have different groups of friends and enjoy spending time with family. Tending..not to balance friends and family and mostly group them together as one big happy family. People feel safe around you and you have that guard like aura around you that let the world know you're a sanctuary if ever needed, however..you would much rather people not know and find it out themselves. When it comes to solving issues, you're not usually in the middle of the leadership part but would rather stand back and watch what happens, however..this doesn't mean that you don't care. It just means, if things come to worst, then you'll jump in. Otherwise, all you'll be doing is patting your friends on the backs and telling them to calm down.

Circle- You're a bubbly kind of person who values just about anything, the only issue is..you put yourself out there too much and tend to get hurt in situations since you're rather sensitive. You enjoy trying to help people, in-fact, you can either be a best friend or a best enemy, but you tend to wait and see what the other person makes of it. Family is important, and you have a tendency to want to twitch if you hear any sort of insult of that family relation topic. Friends are important as well, you also love to tell secrets and stories containing the events of that day or gossip. When it comes to trouble however; you'd rather stay out of it and let the flame cool down instead of touching the fire or putting it out.

I'm not sure, I made this up after I thought a long while about it. In-fact, maybe I don't want to know anyones opinion on this, seeing as i'm probably wrong about it @_@ oh my goodness, one of these days i'm going to be stuck in a looney bin. Anyway, I hope I did not waste your time. Have a good one!
These tears are not crying.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kyouko
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Another Psychological test

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:32 am

You need to do moar testing. I picked square and it isn't my personality; it barely had any resemblance. It's better than the other one, if that helps.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Safisan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Just Emerald on Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:49 pm

The human psyche is waaay too complex to be summed up with one of three shapes. It's probably the most complicated and mysterious thing in the universe, which is difficult to even express with words (Freud and Jung used to make up words to explain psychological concepts).

These quizzes are always a bit too formulaic to be accurate. People choose the answers they want, and get what they want to hear, so people get sucked in by it (ignoring the inaccurate parts), like with astrology or horoscopes. I don't put much faith into it.

Just Emerald
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyouko on Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:55 am

I know I know, I wasn't exactly having too much confidence in it. I just think it's pretty fun to do, i'm not so sure if I SHOULd do more testing though, i'm just trying to get my own thoughts through. Sorry about not having it very accurate. Just Emerald, I do, however, believe in Astrology and horoscopes. From my experience, they've been rather accurate.

I was just experimenting anyways, either way, i'm glad you guys took the test so thank you.

Kyouko
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:04 am

Well sadly, psycho-geometrics isn't a new idea. Dr. Susan Delligner developed the concept and travels around the country giving talks and seminars about it. About psycho geometrics

Here is a news piece about it. What Shape is your personality

Skallagrim
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Just Emerald on Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:33 pm

Skallagrim wrote:Well sadly, psycho-geometrics isn't a new idea. Dr. Susan Delligner developed the concept and travels around the country giving talks and seminars about it. About psycho geometrics

Here is a news piece about it. What Shape is your personality

Skallagrim

I can't tell if that was a witty joke, or you just put the wrong URL into that link.

In either case, gosh. They give people PhD's for such stupid things nowadays...

Just Emerald
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:25 pm

Yeah the second link was messed up, the actual news story is in place now. As for Dr. Delligner here is her own homepage. Dr. Susan Delligner Ph.D As for her degree and it's silliness I suppose so, but regardless she has dedicated her life to this work.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:15 pm

Holy cow, you just described me completely with the triangle shape.....are you stalking me?

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyouko on Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:48 am

lol! Are you serious? Or are you just screwing with me? Tell me the truth, there's no way that I could have done that. I was just screwing around with my own mind >>

Kyouko
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurapika on Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:53 am

If you made it up. It's not psychologically accurate but, hey it was fun.

I picked the "circle" option and it wasn't 100% accurate but you got the core ingredients to me correct.

I'm sensitive.

Bubbly in a sense.

You should probably look into writing a column in a Newspaper. The Astronomy section.

Kurapika
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyouko on Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:12 am

Oh cool, well i'm glad you had fun. That's what I was looking for actually, I love doing these things, not because I'm hoping it'll be on target but just because it's fun to see the results in it. I think I will look into doing the column, though I know i'll have to do a bit more learning about people and myself to be a bit more accurate but that's all right. Thanks a bunch, Kurapika!

Kyouko
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!