Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Another Untitled Poem/Song/Rap

a topic in Poetry, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

For the assorted types of poetry.

Another Untitled Poem/Song/Rap

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saarai on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:54 am

Everyday,
Gangbanging in L.A.
Where the killers come out to play,
They'll take your life away,
No mercy for the weak,
Out in these streets,
Always had to carry heat,
Because I represent 92nd,
And Grape street,
I could have been a villain,
Out there killin',
Drug dealin',
Car stealin',
If I could start from scratch,
There isn't much I'd take back,
But I don't think I'd take that,
Red rag,
Or that gat,
I use my music to get closer to achieving the dream,
But the evil ones plot and scheme,
They make me grab the pistol with the red beam,
I fear my end won't justify my means,
I'm doing these things,
Living in a war torn city,
Only my neighborhood with me,
Only my neighborhood gets me,
Or am I the only one who really understands,
What it's like to have this Blood on my hands?
It's the Blood that made me what I am.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saarai
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Re: Another Untitled Poem/Song/Rap

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cer on Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:42 pm

At first, I didn't think I would like this, to be honest with you, but after reading it through twice, I do! I don't tend to think of things (ever) from a gang's perspective or anything about them at all, but it stopped me to think. I could imagine it actually being rapped, though, and it'd be something I'd actually listen to too. The last three lines are my favorite, though. The last one is especially true, and if you take it from an outside, unattached perspective, it could almost relate to vampires too. Either way, awesome job!
[Thank you, Master!]
I am to love, honour, cherish, obey
Until my death and beyond my decay.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cer
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saarai on Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:13 am

When I wrote it, I didn't know what to think of it. I could rap it fast and slow, and it sounded alright when sung at certain parts. And it was hard to write because that part of my life I don't really like talking about too much lol.

Saarai
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cer on Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:34 pm

See, I'm not too good with rap (more of a rock girl), but I would listen to that. I know how hard it is to write about certain things too. =) It's nice, in my opinion, to let it out in writing, though, at the least. Awesome job! I didn't know it was actually personal, but that makes it more interesting to read.

Cer
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!