Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Any Roleplay

a topic in Game Design Workshop, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Ambassadors, Scholars

A forum for discussions about the general design of RPG systems and techniques for building good roleplaying games.

Any Roleplay

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alberio on Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:50 pm

Assuming you could be in any roleplay you wanted what would it be?

What is the setting?

Could you be or do anything you wanted or would there be restrictions?

Would characters advance in stats, or just gradually come into power? Or would they have full power to start with?

How quickly would you want the roleplay to advance?

How long would you like it to last?

Are there any themes or concepts you would want in it?

How many other players would you want involved?

Depending on the responses I get I will attempt to craft a roleplay that fit in with all (or at least as many) of the responses recieved. Once I get enough responses I will post a link to the roleplay for all interested parties.

Thank you and I hope to hear from you all soon.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Alberio
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Lifegiver

Re: Any Roleplay

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kestrel on Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:18 am

Errr... Well, I'll just answer this list as a spur of the moment thing and it will probably change every other day. My opinion tends not to illustrate that of the majority, also. So please take this with a grain of salt.

What is the setting?
Modern city. What city, I'm flexible.

Restrictions.

Would characters advance in stats, or just gradually come into power? Or would they have full power to start with?
Who said there have to be 'powers' in the first place?

Depends on how you take it. Every post should push the plot forward and people shouldn't dabble on useless things, but I like the interval between posts to be of decent length. I don't wanna run to keep up.

Till it is finished?

Right now, trains, drugs, concerts, neon signs and guns. I don't know. Right now I feel like chaotically going around what is social culture and overanalysing it while ridiculing it also.

Few, 'bout four ones, maybe?
Do you come from a land down under?
Where women glow and men plunder?
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kestrel
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:13 pm

Alberio wrote:Assuming you could be in any roleplay you wanted what would it be?

What is the setting?

A well-crafted space opera universe.

There must be restrictions, otherwise the idiots playing with us would ruin it.

I would not use stat's at all. They just get in the way of storytelling.

Multiple posts per day.

Until the heroes reached some predetermined goal.

I would leave that up to the Game-Master.

Three or four.

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Traziel on Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:40 pm

What is the setting? I've always been a fan of medieval fantasy time frames. Castles, villages, forests, oceans. Areas of unknown origin, crawling with beasts of unknown intentions.

Could you be or do anything you wanted or would there be restrictions? There's no limit to your character aside from race and where they are from. An in-depth outline would be set to make each character unique in their own right though, because a well-made character can always spur a person to continuously play that character.

I've recently thought of the concept of starting a roleplay at the end of a story, giving characters their close-to-full potential. But if there was to be progression, there would be no stats, just a gradual progression of character.

How quickly would you want the roleplay to advance? Slow enough to flesh out the plot and allow everyone to add their own perceptions to the story, yet fast enough to keep the action frequent so as to not drag the RP and make the players lose interest.

How long would you like it to last? I've been in roleplays that lasted a week, from ones that have lasted years. I'm more keen to a couple months. (This assuming that all the players have the free time and will to commit to the story to make progression every day to a few days.)

Are there any themes or concepts you would want in it? One central evil, commanding a supernatural army against the realm for tyrannical reasons. While the main characters are blessed with the abilities to succeed, they must hone their skills and create allies of the various races and beings that coinhabit the realm. This would force the group to travel to various settings to advance their characters, but their interactions with the different regions will ultimately progress the story and provide them with valuable allies to help them in the final battle. (Of course, free reign would mean they could ignore some territories, thus lessening their chances of success. An open-ended roleplay is a great concept as long as there is still a definite end.)

How many other players would you want involved? Small groups work better. 3 to 5 unique characters, made by players who are also capable of effectively using multiple characters at the same time. While I alone wouldn't mind roleplaying the entire evil cast as well as every beasts and man of every region, the burden would be lessened quite a lot.

This is actually a Roleplay that I was thinking of creating, but I only have general information regarding the entire caste of the realm. I still have to create history, lore, personalities, and ethics for all of the races. As well as give enough in-depth information about the realm and all of its regions, to allow players guided freedom within each region. My intention is to create a roleplay so vast in detail that it could become a novel in its own right.

Traziel
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!