Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Is anyone broken?

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Is anyone broken?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dealing with it on Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:31 pm

How do you classify a broken person? Mass murderers and serial kllers? those with incurable personality or psychiatric disorders? introverts and socially awkward geeks? freaks without any ambition? those of a different race, gender identity, or religion? welfare recipients?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

dealing with it
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Contributor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Greeter Beta Tester Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: Is anyone broken?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:01 pm

Broken? I understand broken as someone who had lost all hope. But you probably refer to broken as ill or imperfect in the eyes of the viewer. To be honest, I am somewhat of a misanthrope so I look down on humanity as a whole regardless of differences. So that pretty much makes me an egalitarian as all humans are equally low in my opinion. And I am not talking about how there could be people who kill and people who help but there is something about people that shows a particular ignorance. They constantly jump to conclusions, make up stories if they don't know the truth, everyone believes everyone conspires against them (even if they themselves don't call it a conspiracy), humans seek truth or to be the one who is right, people have such a ridiculous amount of self-importance and I could just go on about it.

So in short according to your terms: Humanity is broken.
Everybody! Unless you have been in a roleplay with me in the past and were loyal to it, do not PM or text me about joining your RP.

I do NOT do Pokemon, Yugioh, WoW or any such RPs.

Please be aware of this.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OutlawTorn on Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:24 am

Everyone is broken, and yet everyone is whole.

For each person is different, and rightly so. So by comparison to you, or him, or her, I am broken. But in my own right, I am perfect, because I am me, no more and no less. That makes me whole. But to you, I may seem broken because we are different, value different things, see things differently.

It's a matter of perspective.
"Love is long-suffering and kind. Love is not jealous, it does not brag, does not get puffed up, does not behave indecently, does not look for it's own interests, does not become provoked. It does not keep account of the injury. It does not rejoice over unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."
—I Corinthians 13:1-7

OutlawTorn
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marxism_smiles on Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:49 am

I would classify myself as a socially awkward Intellect. I am not sure I agree with the term "broken person", I would consider instead the social as well as the physical characteristics of the being part of the evolutionary broadness necessary for a species to survive unexpected changes. The species which have died out are those which failed to adapt themselves

It is in our interest to have all manner of differences as these would react in numerous ways to the whims of the universe.

Aniihya, I can't describe how much I disagree with you. I understand why this view exists though I personally find it saddening. In short, I would describe the human as the Earth's finest symphony.

Why would any "other" intelligence bring better prospects? Why would it not for that matter? Without the general comparison being known it is unwise to make the comparison.

To approach every human with distaste, the negative is to reinforce the wrong, and the conviction of it. Instead I view humanity and life as a whole as an attempt by the Universe to understand itself, what else are we but a part of it?. I do hope the universe does not decide it hate's itself, that would be unfortunate.

Marxism_smiles
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:18 am

Marxism_smiles: You didn't understand me right. Just because I have a dislike of humans doesn't mean I go around and treat everybody like crap. I evaluate people first before I can have a result. You shouldn't jump to conclusions with people you don't know, however you shouldn't trust them either.

And being a part of the universe doesn't mean there is a purpose for existence. Everyone makes their own purpose. People however follow their own egotistical path whether if they find others like them and try to force their ideals onto those who don't think alike or act solely out of self-interest.

The dislike for humanity really includes myself as even I follow my own interests that include anti-authoritarianism, analysis and helping people to achieve a better education so they can begin to think for themselves and not constantly be told what they are to think. Education is a way to counter the fact that people get used by others. People just tend to point fingers, have an exaggerated sense of pride (such as status) and fall prone to paranoid behavior. So generally, I express my misanthropy not by just complaining about the flaws of humanity but taking action against these flaws. It might be altruistic behavior, however altruism is defined by action while misanthropy is defined by emotion.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mackamp on Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:43 pm

That is a question that can be answered in a hundred different ways.

It is the broken people that often times bring the world meaning and some of our greatest inventions.
Because these people are at the end of their rope...either they fight or flight. If you fight you make a difference in the world and will no longer be broken. If you choose flight....then you will stay broken until you are willing to fight for what is important...YOUR LIFE!

Mackamp
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!