Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

APlaceForYouAndJustYourMind [/OOC\]

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

APlaceForYouAndJustYourMind [/OOC\]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaveYou on Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:03 pm

Welcome to Shady Acres Home For The Mentally Insane.
Otherwise known as Hell.

This RP is co-owned by;;
MEGAcya ~;~ SaveYou

Shady Acres has been the main mental home in Ukiah, California for over twenty years now. Not much is known of the owner, except that all her patients call her 'Mama'. The doctors there are highly trained professionals, and every day, someone walks out of the building, a new person all over.

This is just a front for a darker secret. Underneath the ground is a sort of hospital, but this isn't to help people. The doctors here are sadistic and cruel, the patients afraid, because anything could cause their death. Here, they are living experiments, often going without anaesthesia to numb their pain. A few have been there since birth, and a few have just been kidnapped and brought to the hospital.

'Mama's' aim is to create the perfect human/animal hybrid. These people ware having animal DNA grafted into their own, and often undergo horrible mutations, leaving them scarred and deformed for life. A few have transitioned smoothly, though they are few and far between. Can you survive here, or are you doomed to a life of absolute misery and pain?

::;;Rules;;::
-Me and MEGA are the Gods of this RP. What we say goes. No question
-Break any rules, we are within our right to kick you out of the RP
-I have a standard of writing - I'd like at least a small paragraph, but here's a hint - the more detail, the better! And to any who join, please send me a sample of how you RP. I'm basing your acceptance on how well written that is, as well as your character sheet. But if I accept you, and then all you write for your posts is the bare minimum, I'll probably tell you to get the hell out of my thread. That's a little warning =D
-If we have any romance, it's PG-13. Nothing over that. Get graphic, GTFO out of my thread. Take it to PM's, if necessary.
-The minimum number of sentences for a post would be three, but again, don't only stick to three lines. Detail is your friend! Use it!
-Speaking of detail, use it in your character sheet. It'll hopefully make it more intresting, and boost your chances of getting accepted in the thread =D
-No flaming another user. That belongs in Flame Wars, not here.
-Swearing is permitted, but try not to go over the top with it. I don't want every other word in all your posts to be 'fuck', because it wouldn't happen in real life. Don't let it happen here.
-Have an equal gender ratio! We don't want a million girls, and two guys! Try and keep it even =3
-Just have fun, and enjoy yourselves =3

::;;Character Sheets;;:: {Maximum Characters allowed; |Four|}
::Name;;
::Age {13-19 for patients};;
::Personality;;
::Bio;;
::Patient or Doctor?;;
::Appearance;;

::Doctors;;
SaveYou (for the record, I shall be playing 'Mama')
phouse512
St.Jimmy

::Patients;;
SaveYou
MEGAcya
LaurenAFI
Tobi
St.Jimmy

Start posting your character sheets! =D
Last edited by SaveYou on Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:31 am, edited 4 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SaveYou
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: APlaceForYouAndJustYourMind [/OOC\]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaveYou on Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:05 pm

::Name;; 'Mama'

::Age;; Unknown by all but herself

::Personality;; If you are fortunate enough to get to meet her, she's usually a nice person for a while. But she's mentally unstable, obsessed with creating the perfect half-breed, and the insanity eventually shows, revealing her as a monster, in the worst sense.

::Bio;; 'Mama' was incarcerated in the facility when she was fourteen years old, after serious physically, mental and sexual abuse drove her insane. The doctors did everything they could to help her, but only half-succeeded. Three years later, she went on a rampage, and killed most of the staff, and a few patients, setting herself up as the head of Shady Acres. No-one knows how she did it, but she managed to get enough money to build the labs below the hospital, her earliest experiments being the patients that resided there. Unfortunately for them, she performed these experiments herself, and most of them died a horrible, agonising death at the inexperienced hands of the girl. Now, she has people to do this for her.

::Patient or Doctor?;; Owner of Shady Acres

::Appearance;; Very few have ever seen this infamous woman, although those who have all say the same - she keeps her face in shadows, with a hood over it, although she has pale skin, and grey eyes can be seen from underneath. Her hands are covered in scars, as are her wrists, although no-one has ever seen her face to find out if there are any there.

~~

::Name;; Lauren 'Carson'

::Age;; 15

::Personality;; Lauren is shy, seeming almost brainwashed. She's timid, and always does what's asked of her, meaning that she's treated kindly by the doctors, unlike other patients, but there's a differen reason for that. She hasn't got a temper, and hates violence. She's usually content to sit in a corner all day, staring off into space, which is what she usually does.

::Bio;; Unknown to almost every other patient in the hospital, Lauren is 'Mama's' daughter. She was an only child, and was treated with utmost care and kindness by her mother, and the other doctors when she was a child, until she did something wrong, where her mother would snap and beat her senseless, although no other doctor was allowed to touch her. Most abided by that rule, except one, who was promptly killed by her mother, with Lauren watching. It was her who was forced to give him the shot that would, mercifully, end his life. She was eight years old, and some of the doctors are saying that Lauren's own mother has driven the girl insane, a rumor that is being proved by the teenager's wierdness. Her mother stopped all the doctors experimenting on her, until now. She's been told she is going to have bird DNA grafted into her own, which should hopefully give her wings. She was told after this, her name would be 'Angel', and she would be broadcasted around the world as a reincarnation of an angel, something that is seriously scaring the timid girl.

::Patient or Doctor?;; Patient

~~

::Name;; David Richards

::Age;; 17

::Personality;; David is very easy-going, without much of a temper. He's usually calm in most situations, but when he does evenutally get worked up, he can get very violent and agressive, and won't stop fighting until his opponent is unconscious.

::Bio;; David was born the third eldest in a family of eight, with only one girl in the family. He got on well with his family, and was fairly popular at school. The doctors who kidnapped figured that a family with so many boys wouldn't mind if one went missing, and took David one day when he was walking home from school. They're planning to graft wolf DNA onto his own, to see what type of animal they get, and whether or not he'd be any good for protection.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SaveYou
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phouse512 on Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:20 pm

::Name;; Grady Jones

::Age {13-19 for patients};; 24

::Personality;; He is one of the nicer doctors there, but knows he has a job to do, and he won't hesitate to fight. His bad temper is one reason why he is a doctor here, and not at a real hospital.

::Bio;; Ever since Grady was a kid in high school, his parents wanted him to become a doctor, and when he graduated from medical school at the top of school, his was proud, and got accepted into one of the top hospitals in the country as a brain surgeon. During a standard brain surgery procedure once, however, his temper got the best of him, and he accidentally killed the patient, and injured his coworkers, and this is the only place where he could find a job in the field of medicine.

::Patient or Doctor?;; Doctor

Could I PM the sample rping to you later? I have to go for an hour or two, right now. And yes, I know, that's a weird picture.

(19:04:57) Surreal: I'm not STOOOOPIT!
(19:05:03) Surreal: >>
(19:05:09) Surreal: I'm just not very smart

Image <-Click it

phouse512
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LaurenAFI on Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:54 pm

::Name;; Wynter Griffon
::Age {13-19 for patients};; 13
::Personality;; Wynter is very timid and cautious. She never knows if she should do anything so she usually copies what she sees everyone else do. She flinches a lot and is scared that everyone will hurt her. She prefers to be alone and not be talked to. She hates talking and only does when she is forced to.
::Bio;; Wynter has been at the hospital for as long as she can remember. She does remember having an older sister at one point in time who was also here with her but one day she was taken by the doctors and Wynter never saw her again.
::Appearance;;Image

LaurenAFI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaveYou on Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:58 pm

phouse, that's fine =3

LaurenAFI, if you don't have a picture, can you at least give me a description? And please PM me your sample =3

EDIT; I've just been told you have a pic, but it's not showing up for me, sorry about that x3 Never mind! Just PM me the sample x3
Last edited by SaveYou on Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaveYou
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MEGAcya on Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:58 pm

::Name;; Louisa "Lou" Monroe
::Age;; 17
::Personality;; Louisa is a kind girl, but a bit of a tomboy. Even though it's tough for her at Shady Acres, she still manages to be cheerful a lot of the time, and is happy to laugh and joke with other Patients, and even some of the Doctors whenever she can.
::Bio;; Louisa remembers very little of her childhood before Shady Acres, having been brought in when she was just 8 years old after being found living on the streets. She has always gotten on well with everyone at the "hospital", and is often described as being a very charming but feisty girl by doctors. She has not been experimented on much yet, but is told that the plan is to mix her DNA with that of a fox, in the hopes of heightening her already above-average cunning and intellect, so that she can help in future planning.

::Name;; Alex Thorne
::Age;; 18
::Personality;; quiet and calm, Alex is always laid back and takes a very relaxed approach to most things. He has a very calming effect on lots of the other kids, and his motto is "Whatever happens, happens."
::Bio;; Alex first came to Shady Acres as a mental patient 3 years ago, when he was sectioned with schizophrenia. After a while, he was taken "downstairs", and his DNA was modified, making him unnaturally strong and fast, as well as having the side effect of turning his eyes a golden-topaz colour and making his skin very tough and cold to the touch. His body now runs at about 3 or 4 degrees lower than it should, but oddly, this doesn't seem to harm him.
Last edited by MEGAcya on Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
the epic girlies,,
{} lari && lauren && becky && laurie && illy && sessi {}

MEGAcya
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chidori_chii on Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:10 pm

::Name;; Roxy Kuroneko
::Age {13-19 for patients};; 16
::Personality;; Twisted and scary, always telling aweful story's to the doctes who then beat her because of it. She isn't shy at all, and is always forcing herself to be strong, always bieng rude and saying things and trying to hurt the docters who experiment on her.

::Bio;; Roxy was born into a family of 5, her mother, 1 sister and 2 brothers, in which she was the youngest. When she was 8 her brothers and sister had been put in a orphanige, and that was when her mother treated her with love and like she was a real person, then when she was 13, her mother went into the hospital for Skitzophrenia, then they also took Roxy, who was always fighting to get out. Her mother is still in the hospital, but doesn't remember Roxy. Because of her name, they are planning to fuse her with a panther *Black Cat*
::Appearance;; Image
ImageImage
“Ray- What is a large group of moose? Mooses?
Mikey- No way! It's Meesi.
Gerard- F*ck Off! It's Meese.”

Frank Iero- "When the water touched my balls, that's when I got scared.”

chidori_chii
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevan on Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:40 pm

::Name;; Michael Burton
::Age {13-19 for patients};; 14

::Personality;; Mentally ill, he doesnt talk much or ever leave his room. He looks at others in a dark and secretive way, almost as if he hated all other people. And forget about trying to talk to him, unless he wants to he even bother. His face is usually in a frown, his eyebrows lowered close to his eyes and he always looks around with hate, boredom and 'Why should i?' expressions. His eyes are often constantly darting around the room in secret, taking note of everything that moves and everything anyone does. However he dispells it from his mind almost instantly after, unless he felt like remembering it. Sometimes, when his mind splits he grins and looks evilly at other people, picking up weapons and trying to kill other members of the hospital, however luckily it doesnt happen very often. And only two recorded happenings of this ever accured. Other than that no-one knows anything about his personality.

::Bio;; He was constantly abused growing up, both by his parents who physically attacked him, locked him in his room and constantly made him go without food, only feeding him when they had to. They sent him to a school where he was bullied constantly for being skinny, his teachers looked upon him and gave up as he constantly struggled in school and sent him away with rubbish marks. Wich led to his parents hitting him even more. All this happened while he mentally grew weaker and weaker and began to detest other people over the years, until at the age of twelve he cracked after being beaten to a pulp by half of his class. When he got home the following night his father beat him for being weak, too scared to call the services he learnt about in school earlier that day he took some spare keys to the lock on his bedroom door and hid them in his trousers. After listening to a night of arguins and his parents having sex and finally falling into deep sleep he unlocked the door to his bedroom. Sneaking to the kitchen he took out a steak knife and went into his parents room, who were both sleeping under the cover without clothes on. Wich were laying across the floor, he took the knife and killed them in there sleep while laughing. He then went back to his own bed and slept the rest of the night. Revenge on his mind. The next day he took the same blooded up knife to school with him, hid in his trousers he started the day normally, and finally infront of the horrified class he took the lives of two students, before the others ran out and police were called.

When the police came into the classroom, Michael was holding the knife and shaking wildly, shocked and scared to death at what he realised he had done. After seeing the doctors they declared him mentally unstable and he was moved to various mental homes, and finally ended up here.

::Appearance;; He stands at 5"5 and has quite a skinny build, his face is pale and his eyes glow green. His blonde hair is a few inches long and incredibly scruffy, not bothering about it. His usuall clothes are his blue pyjamas and shoe like slippers. Not really bothering to change into anything else, but when he does he goes to great lenghs not to change, but usually ends up wearing something he doesnt care about, wich is a step up from disliking atleast.

((Ill work on my Roleplay sample soon, i have some things to do now though. I should have it done by tomorrow))

Nevan
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MEGAcya on Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:55 pm

I've added my second profile now... ^_^
Oh, by the way, chidori_chii and Tobi, both of you have great profiles, please pm samples to SaveYou to see if you're accepted :)

MEGAcya
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phouse512 on Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:34 pm

I sent my sample to SaveYou, and I'm the only doctor too.

Also, can I write in first-person because I can write in more detail that way, but if you want third-person, that's fine too.

phouse512
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaveYou on Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:18 am

All right, I've gotten the RP samples from everyone but chidori_chii, so can you send me it?
And can we get maybe one or two more doctors? I want to have an even patient/doctor ratio here, and I'm going to wait until we get one or two more people until we start

SaveYou
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MEGAcya on Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:26 am

phouse: We'd prefer third, but if you think it's better for you to write in first person, that's fine too.

MEGAcya
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:29 am

((OOC;; Oh my God, have you read Maximum Ride? This reminds me of that, and I love that book so much!))

::;;Character Sheets;;::
::Name;; Harley Major
::Age;; 14
::Personality;; Harley is loud and tries to be upbeat. She cares about people around her and acts older than her 14 years. She is protective of those closest to her and wants to look after them. However, she can be seen as rude and too outspoken.
::Bio;; Harley has been at Shady Acres for as long as she can remember. She was actually sold to the institution by her parents for their medical research, but she doesn't know this. She has had avian DNA grafted onto her, giving her wings.
::Appearance;; Wavy black hair and brown eyes in a very pale face. Harley is tall and very slim with lighter bones because of the bird DNA.

::Name;; Bray Aarons
::Age;; 14
::Personality;; Bray is quiet and watchful but more tactful than Harley. He does care about those closest to him in the difficult place that is Shady Acres, but he has less skill of expressione emotion.
::Bio;; He is another patient who has been grafted with avian DNA, but Bray happens to be the son of one of he doctors. He doesn't know this yet. He is very close to Harley and any others with avian DNA.
::Appearance;; Bray is also tall and very slim. He has dark hair cut short which is slightly spiky. He has very dark eyes and his complexion is just as pale as Harley's as a result of never seeing sunlight.

::Name;; Jerry Myres
::Age;; 35
::Personality;; Jerry is very interested in his work and puts it above everything else. He believes that human hybrids are set to become a superior race and he devotes all his time to them. He is serious and does not have much of a sense of humour, but he isn't as sadistic as some of the doctors. He just believes that the human hybrids don't deserve normal treatment because they're not normal.
::Bio;; Jerry is so devoted to his work that he even provided his only son to be involved. Bray doesn't know that Jerry is his father and the two seldom have any contact whatsoever.
::Patient or Doctor?;; Doctor
::Appearance;; Jerry is tall, with glasses and thick brown hair. He is fairly broad-shouldered and looks very serious.
my girlies;;
laurenn ;; larii ;; laurie ;; charlie ;; becky ;; beth ;; illy ;; sessi ;; rachael ;; kiers

Image Image Image
may i waste your time too?

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaveYou on Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:39 am

Yeah, and I was so tempted to call Lauren Max for a while x3

But I'm so pissed off I STILL haven't gotten the fourth one. Must stop wasting my money on CD's and Darren Shan books ><

Anyway, accepted! I'll have the IC thread up soon =3

SaveYou
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:42 am

Oh my God, I had to fight with myself to not call Harley Max and Bray Fang. I'm pretty ashamed that I've basically stolen loads of aspects from the book, but I'm such a fan xD .. I have the fourth book. It's good, but I didn't think it was as good as the third book.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaveYou on Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:44 am

Fang and Nudge are my favourite characters from the series. Have you read the book he took the Max from, When The Wind Blows? It was pretty good.

The third book made me laugh so hard.

I'm going to have to make a Max Ride RP now, thank you for inspiring me x3

SaveYou
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:46 am

:O Can I join?? Argh, I can't decide who to be..........

By the way. You know at the beginning of the third book when Fang reads the blog and it says that one of the flock is a traitor? Is that just Angel, or someone else?

Personally, I think it's Iggy.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaveYou on Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:48 am

Yes, you can join x3

I think they were talking about when Angel pretended to be working for the Institute/School, and then it happened, even though it was pretend.

If not, it can't be Iggy! I like him!
God, I love James Patterson books x3

SaveYou
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:51 am

I know, but (I'm so sad for doing this) when I was reading the third one, I realized that the Flyboys were finding Fang, Iggy and Gazzy really easily. Gazzy's eight years old and I reaaaaally don't want it to be him because I love him so much. And it obviously wasn't Fang because he was confused. Their laptop is untraceable. So that just leaves Iggy. Besides, Iggy was away for a bit in the second one when he found his "parents" ...

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaveYou on Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:58 am

Damn you and your words of truth x3

I'm just going to wait until I read the fourth book, and whatever book might come after that.

Did you hear there might be a Max Ride film? If there is, I'm so going to see it

SaveYou
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!