Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Apocalypse for anyone?

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Apocalypse for anyone?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Morco on Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:39 am

Hi all!

I'm new here, and have been off the scene for such a long time so give me some leeway yeah?

Basically, I'm really into making a Post-Apocalyptic RPG based around a small number of people surviving in ruined London and the surrounding area. This is all subject to flexibility mind, but this is how I picture it.

It's in the near future, date is unimportant. The war on terror has been unsuccessful, and the work by Western powers such as the USA and UK has actually bred more hatred of us, and almost simultaneously across the world nuclear bombs are detonated, chemical gases are unleashed, biological pathogens infect millions and the whole world is plunged into disrepair and chaos.

The world was unprepared for this event, and so there were no actions like the Vaults in Fallout, no specific preparation. Anything that could exist in the near future (such as this http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4605398.stm). All that survives are people that were immune to the pathogens, or in such remote areas as to be unaffected. There are some roaming remnants of armed forces around, but mostly it is just normal folk who have strived to survive.

Your character can be however old or young, any background or skills. I intend this to be a collaborative effort of the players. There are no set rules. I prefer any mutations to be minor (nothing like super mutants or zombies), but that is all free to play and experiment with. This will be post by post, rules free narrative.

So, who is game? And anyone got any input they'd like? I think it'll work at the start with as few as 3-5 players.
Attachments
apocolypse,destruction,war,apocalypse,illustration,london-c3916005730380bc8bf62f09d4267a0a_h.jpg
could look like this...?
(43.48 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Morco
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Apocalypse for anyone?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ice. on Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:45 am

I will join if thats okay? I have a female character that would be cool in this, but she will have a child is that alright?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ice.
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:23 am

Sounds great to me. I think London would be a fantastic setting. Perhaps later on, the survivors in the capital could find out that another city (say Manchester, Birmingham or Newcastle) has been relatively spared and they have to travel across a ruined Britain in order to get to the new capital where an emergency government is being established?

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby <3Dream<3 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:35 am

I'd be interested in joining. Would it be ok if I played both a male and female, both teenage twins?
She's
A
Dreamer
☆彡

<3Dream<3
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Morco on Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:44 pm

Right everyone. I've started a thread for background information. We'll add information as the game progresses, but there is a basic outline in there. Here's the OOC reference material sarinity-history-and-reference-t24920.html

I've also started the IC thread here, introduce your character and where they've come from, etc. if you decide that's in fitting. sarinity-london-t24922.html

Oh yeah, drop your character Bios in the OOC thread above, we'll keep them there.

Let's have fun :)

Morco
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!