Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Battle of the Myths (IC)

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Battle of the Myths (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BaneSlayer2 on Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:40 pm

Zeboroths eyes hardened at the blinded boys last comment. Standing up he strode across the room towards the hallway, as the guards closed the doors to the Throne room behind him, Zeboroth made his way to the practice battle field, his wings were tense as he rubbed one of his sharp horns. As Zeboroth stepped out of the Castle doors, the cool night wind blew against his bare chest.

As Gestin looked up, ready to plan his next move against the demon he was sparing with, he saw Lord Zeboroth. Motioning for the demon to go spar with another partner, Gestin sheathed his black sword and walked towards him. "My Lord." he said with a low bow. Zeboroth watched the Vampire general bow and looked straight into his one golden eye. "Make sure that whe we ride into battle, some of your men seek after Exodus and capture him." he hissed. Gestin nodded his understanding and signaled a black cenetaur, a shadow demon, a half vultrure half human creature and a black magic mage to come over to the pair. They all bowed to Zeboroth and awaited their commands. Gestin explained their duty for the battle and sent them off to practice some more. Lord Zeboroth turned and walked on, making his way back to the castle as Gestin continued training the warriors.

Once inside the castle, Zeboroth made his way through the dim stone hallways and to the library. Entering the library there were a few candles lit, causoing shadows to flicker across the ceiling, causing a horrific atmosphere. Zeboroth saw Zeatha in her bath and watched her, his ever cold eyes never leaving her sleeping form.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BaneSlayer2
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AyaAmayaMiyu on Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:50 pm

(I guess ill post again to see were I might go in this lol, so far I love the tension between Kain, Zeboroth and Exodus)

Akumi started to walk again she felt very weak but kept walking towards nowhere. Akumi hadn't noticed but she had reached the outside of the castle of King Rido Kain she was to into her thoughts to notice anything. Akumi stared at the moon once more because to her it was the most peaceful thing insight. "How I wish to live in a place were everyone are equals and are not looked upon for once ancestry or lineage, to be in a place were no blood shad exists...but I guess that only lies in ones dreams were things are always a fantasy to escape what really is ones reality" she whispered to herself. A gentle breeze hit around making her cape flow with it and her midnight hair as well.
Noble Born in Chaos
~Please join! Two spots currently free. We need Amerigo before we can start.~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AyaAmayaMiyu
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrowboyToTheRescue on Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:51 am

Zeatha awoke with a start from her slumber and jumped instantly and gracefully out of the bath, landing about a metre away from her king. She looked at him a moment, then said:

"...The messenger came." Her voice was heavy with regret "I should have been by your side...I am sorry, my Lord. It will not happen again. It is true what they say though, you cannot rouse a Mermaid from her slumber"

She turned around, not looking her king in the eye.

"i know the conversation you had none the less." She sighed, walking up to a window and looking out upon the training fields "You were wise not to kill him...yet."

CrowboyToTheRescue
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ragweed on Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:41 am

Rido Kain stepped from his ebony throne, his expression guarded as he walked slowly over to look out of the window that took up the entire west wall of the throne room. It seemed foolish to have only a wall of 'glass' as a wall in the throne room of the King, but that 'glass' was actually reinforced with lycans blood, giving it the reinforced power of pure steel.

The war is coming quickly...reinforcements will be needed. Weapons will need to be produced at a record rate...Oh what a heavy toll this will take in our Elixer. But, every war has its reasons. And the prize will concour all losses. Just then, Kain turned and saw a dark shape outside, nearest the castle gates. "Guards!" he ordered, his silver grey eyes hard and guarded, and yet, on the inside, they were full of curiosty and some ounce of weariness. "Fetch whoever that is. NOW!"

The guards nodded professionaly and stode out of the great room, leaving a few guards left to protect the King. ONce outside, they snuck around through the midnioght hours, approaching the stranger with caution. "Halt! Who goes there?" the capitan shouted out.

[Hehe sorry, for some reason I've always wanted to say that. It's so origional!]
If the bombs go off
The sun will still be shining
Because I've heard it said that every mushroom cloud
Has a silver lining

Ragweed
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BaneSlayer2 on Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:35 pm

Zeboroth watched his closest advisor. "Yes, your pressence was greatly missed." he said, watching as the mermaid turned around. "I only hope my decesions were right. The Shadow Kingdom must win this war." Zeboroth walked a few steps to stand beside Zeatha, placing a tanned hand on her skin, he said, "We must all make sure of that."

BaneSlayer2
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AyaAmayaMiyu on Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:48 pm

Akumi jolt up and got out of her daydreams, or should say long unstopped thoughts. She turned around half way and saw the guards, her ruby-red eyes at them in confusion and a bit in fear. where did I came to? she thought to herself quickly and looked around with her eyes and realized she was at the kings castle yard ohhhh no! she thought in fear. Akumi started to back away slowly but said nothing she was to scared to say anything at that moment. She kept backing away and the man asked her again who she was that jolted her once more and she fell back and her hood fell back, revealing her face to them. Her grayish pale skin and her red markings that she herself didn't not know what they meant and her ruby-red eyes.

AyaAmayaMiyu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrowboyToTheRescue on Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:01 pm

Looking over her shoulder at her king, she nodded slightly.

"You know i will do all i can to help you, my Lord." She looked once more out the window for a moment before turning to look at the door as it opened. In came an elven slave who bowed low before The king and herself.

"Your armour is ready, Your majesty, as is yours Zeatha," The young elven maiden said, not looking either of them in the face.

"Thankyou, Elaainya. We will be along in the morning to have it fitted." She said, and the elf nodded, leaving. Zeatha was perhaps the only one in the Shadow kingdom who felt confident enough to speak on behalf of the king without consulting him.

She turned to look at Zeboroth.

"I will send out scouts to find a suitable place to set up our forward base. By tomorrow afternoon we should have a fully equipped forward base. From there, we can launch our assaults." She said "Oh, and the weapons master informed me that weapon stocks are enough for 100,000 soldiers, and production is at full capacity."

"Oh" She added absent-mindedly " and the Black wizards of Arthos will be here in the morning."

The Black wizards of Arthos were fabled as the most powerful and dangerous wizards ever to exist, and there was much speculation about them. Zeatha hid her great pride at having convinced them to help the Shadow Kingdom in the battle. Inside, however, she was gleaming with pride at once more being proved the best.

CrowboyToTheRescue
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BaneSlayer2 on Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:15 pm

"Good, the tho-" as Zeboroth was speaking, the elven maiden appeared, angered that he was interupted, Zeboroth nearly summoned her to break her own arm, right there in front of him, but as he listened to the girls news, he was pleased to hear his armour was ready, forgetting his anger towards her. Turning to Zeatha after the maiden had left their presence, one Zeboroth's eyebrows arched, the Black Wizards of Arthos were a powerful force, one that Zeboroth had ceased to challenge even himself. "Zeatha," he said suddenly, looking into the mermaids eyes, "your skill at such plans have made me proud to call you a part of the Shadow Kingdom." Zeboroths dark eyes watched for the advisors reaction, the Lord Zeboroth had rarely ever given praise to anyone.

BaneSlayer2
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrowboyToTheRescue on Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:35 pm

Zeatha gave a little smile at the rare praise. Within her she was elated to have her skill recognized, as she always was. It was made all the sweeter, of course, by the fact that it came from Zeboroth.

"Thank you, Your Majesty." he said, bowing her head " But you should know, The leader of the Black wizards is...unpredictable. It has taken me weeks to persuade them to join us. Nobody but you and i must speak to them, meet their eyes or get in their way. They are valuable allies, but dangerous foes. But do not trouble yourself with this, i have already informed the servants of this."

"Oh, and i have something for you. It would be wise for you to keep it with you at all times." she said, removing an oddly shaped vial from her belt and holding it out to him. Within the small, crystal vial was a small amount of jet black liquid. "It is my gift to you, your majesty. They are Mermaid Tears."

Zeatha had cried exactly two times in her long life. the first was when she was about 2000, after the death of her mother. The second was when the only person she had ever loved told her he hated her. And the three tears she had excreted each time had been collected in that very vial. The tears have stronger healing powers than Unicorn's blood, but are so rare few even know of their existence.

CrowboyToTheRescue
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BaneSlayer2 on Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:46 pm

Zeboroth nodded to the mermaid at her word's of advise. Yes, the Black Wizards of Arthos were a very powerful allie, and the thought of one pf his captured servants ruining his chances of winning the war made Zeboroth furious. "Good, good." he whispered as Zeatha told him she had informed the servants. As the mermaid pulled out the vial, Zeboroth was suprised to see Mermaids tears, what a very powerful substance indeed. Taking the vial in his hand, Zeboroth placed it on his belt, hooked to a golden chain. This would be very important when it came time for battle. Looking back at the green skinned female, the king asked, "And what of Gestin? Has he been informed of the Wizards? The army must make sure they keep away from them, lest we all perish."

BaneSlayer2
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrowboyToTheRescue on Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:05 pm

"I haven't seen him to inform him yet, but i will find him and tell him. Now, My lord, might i suggest you get some rest? You have a long day ahead of you tomorrow, and it may be that your next good nights sleep won't be for a long time. I will ensure everything is prepared for the Wizard's arrival and for the setting up of Forward base."

Zeatha nodded three times in respect "I will go and find Gestin."

She set off out of the library to the barracks, where she hoped to find Gestin in the quarters she had assigned to him. It sometimes felt as if she ran the Palace.

A slave approached her, bowing graciously while walking along beside her, struggling to keep up with her long, quick strides.

"Zeatha, the Black Wizard's quarters are prepared to your exact specification." The slave said shyly.

"Good. I will inspect them later. Now go fetch me 20 scouts and have them wait in the Stables for me." Zeatha said, waving her hand in a dismissive way. The Slave bowed once more and scurried off in the opposite direction.

Zeatha arrived at the Barrack, pushing the doors open and stepping inside. She stood in a long hallway which had huge, metal doors spaced evenly along both sides. To her left was a spiraling stone staircase leading up to Gestin's assigned quarters. Zeatha turned to a guard.

"Fetch me Gestin." She said, folding her arms and waiting.

CrowboyToTheRescue
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ragweed on Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:09 pm

The Elixer castle guards surged forward quickly, taking hold of the strange female. Hasteling her inside, the led her to the throne room and made her kneel before the throne of Rido Kain.

The long purple hair of His Majesty swirled down beneath his shouulders as he turned to finally seen an upclose version of the intruder who he had watched earlier. His eye widened, as his other one was hidden behing a band, (no one had ever seen his other eye.) and his eyebrows raised. The girl had a very frightened look pasted on her features. What a suprise this was indeed. "Guards!" he yelled harshly. "I should kill you all for scaring our guest, so! All of you, head to your barrocks and stay there until I come to you. I will deal with you all myself."

Exodus, who was hiding away in a passageway heard the ruckus and smiled to himself. Those guards were continaiously bullying him. It was time they recieved a fitting enough punishment, even if it wasn't because of what they had done to him.

As the guards cast each other annoyed and fearful glances, they filed out of the massive room silenlty. Rido turned back to his 'guest', his expression softened. "I know what you are." he whispered in the strangers native tounge. "You are a vampire. But I must wonder, why are you here?"

Ragweed
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BaneSlayer2 on Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:57 pm

Zeboroth nodded and watched as Zeatha walked out of the library. Sighing and running a tan hand through his tousled blonde hair, Zeboroth flexed his wings and set off into the hallway and towards his chamber. Arriving at his chamber, Zeboroth strode into the magnificent room. Torches hanging on the wall set eerie shadows dancing across the stone, his large bed, perfect for a man of his ranking, laden with black blankets, some of the finest ever made, along with a giant chandelier, hangin from the high ceiling. Several windows over-looked his kingdom, as stars glistened silently in the dark night sky. Zeboroth brushed through his hair once more with his hand before laying down on his bed and snapping his fingers. His eyes closed in slumber as the guards outside shut the giant wooden door to his room, they, now on full attention. No one could enter the room except Zeatha when the Lord was asleep.

Gisten looked over maps in the light of several candles crowding his desk. As he was turning the map to view it from a different view, a guard burst into his room. Slightly suprised to have the sudden appearence of the guard, Gestin hand flinched back, causing him to burn it in the flame of a nearby candle, one of the many on his desk. The guard, after apologizing to Gestin, explained the Lord's favorite advisor Zeatha, was downstairs waiting. Gestin, examing his pale, burnt finger, stood and sent the guard off to train as he made his way downstairs, biting into his injured finger, sucking crimson blood from it. At the bottem of the stairs, Gestin walked over to Zeatha, "Ah, Zeatha, my most favorite of messengers, Its been awhile since i've seen you. You really must come visit more often." he said, a smirk now on his pale features.

BaneSlayer2
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrowboyToTheRescue on Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:22 pm

Zeatha was less than amused. She unfolded her arms and placed her hands on her hips, looking directly at Gestin. Every second she spent with him made her dislike him more and more. Perhaps it was that she simply despised vampires, but with Gestin she always got the feeling that even if he were a Merman, her feelings would not change one bit.

"Enough of your sarcasm, Gestin. I have something very important to tell you, so try to pay attention won't you?" She said, her tone serious "The Black Wizards of Arthos arrive tomorrow. They are vital in our victory, and i don't want you or your troops upsetting them. The only ones permitted to speak to them are me and Zeboroth. You and all your troops are to bite your tongues, avoid looking at them and stay out of their way. I hope that's not too much to ask? Why don't you say it over to yourself a few times to make sure you understand?" This time it was her turn to be sarcastic.

"Oh, and i'm sending 20 scouts out. Have your troops ready to move and set up a forward camp by noon tomorrow."

CrowboyToTheRescue
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BaneSlayer2 on Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:47 pm

Gestin's obvious flirting attitude snapped out at the mention of the Black Wizards. "The Black Wizards? I'll make sure my men stay with themselves and don't upset them," chuckeling he added, "Lest they get turned into some other horrific creature. I'll have the armies ready and organized by 7 tomorrow." Gestin's gaze turned playful and flirty again, as did his tone, "You've really outdone yourself this time, getting the Wizards to fight for us. You must be trying pretty hard to impress His Royal Majesty Zeboroth. You know, some of us here think you might just have a thing for our Lord."

BaneSlayer2
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrowboyToTheRescue on Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:25 pm

Zeatha scowled and stepped extremely close to Gestin, baring her razor sharp, pointed teeth at him menacingly.

"You ever talk to me like that again, vampire, and i will tear your pathetic body into pieces and throw your heart to Hell Hounds. Understood?" She hissed in his ear in a terrifying voice that gave no reason to believe she was lying.

She turned to leave, pausing by the door of the barrack and looking back at him. "Oh, and Gestin?" She said "I want a full report on the status of all platoons, all spell-casters and all cavalry. Armour and weapons summary too. I only want you to compile it, for security reasons of course." She said and turned, giving a sly little smirk, knowing that such a report would take him all night to complete, just one of the little punishments she had in store for him."Tomorrow morning, on my desk." She said as she walked out the doors, and began to head down a long, dimly lit corridor.

After turning several corners and crossing a courtyard she arrived at the stables. 20 scouts were lined up by their mounts, awaiting her arrival.

"Scouts, you have until 11 o'clock tomorrow to find the location that is to be our forward base. I want it big enough to accommodate our entire army twice. Preferably blocked off on one side, by a cliff or the like. I want specific details of every site, along with maps and diagrams. Now go, and return soon." The scouts mounted their steeds and one by one rode off into the distance.

Zeatha smiled as the strange forms of the demons vanished over the horizon. She then made her way to the library, sitting down at her desk and opening the book entitled "The mysteries of the Black Wizards." She had already read it several times, but with their approach, she wanted to make sure she had not missed anything. She was still sat at her desk as dawn broke, filling the library with crimson light.

CrowboyToTheRescue
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BaneSlayer2 on Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:44 pm

Gestin smirked and shook his shaggy head as Zeatha walked away from the practice field. "What a woman." he murmured. Turning around he headed back upstairs to start on the reports. After several long hours, Gestin smirked, standing up with the full reports in his hands. As he strode into the stone castle, he stepped into the library silently. Flexing his wings, Gisten needed to be on alert. He was used to battlefields, no secret tunnels or means of escape. Not stone castles with winding staircases, trapdoors, and secret passeage ways. Striding into the office, Gestin slapped the reports on Zeatha's desk. "There you are." he said with a smirk clear on his face.

BaneSlayer2
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AyaAmayaMiyu on Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:12 pm

Akumi looked up at the king she was still frightened but relaxed when she saw his gentle face. She stood up and looked at him she couldn't believe she was at the presence of the great King Rido Kain the man she admired so since she was at Elixir. She got a bit held back by his question she herself did not know why she was there she had no memoirs past her ten years in Elixer. She looked at him with her ruby-red eyes that showed nothing not light in them at all "I do not know my King, I've don't even know who I am" she said quietly and a bit sad "I been living here for over 10 years...that's all I remember, I awoke here that long ago...the rest of my life is a blur I don't know even my own name so I gave myself my own identity...I don't even know if I belong here since it seems people here call me a monster and other sorts of names..they tell me I don't belong here that I belong in the Shadow Kingdom but I feel like I belong here in Elixer...and I don't know why" she said sadly and looked away, she touched her head she hated trying to remember things of her past it gave her major pains. Akumi eased herself and looked at the King again waiting to see if she had made any sense she hoped she had.

AyaAmayaMiyu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrowboyToTheRescue on Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:20 pm

Zeatha looked up as Gestin entered. She looked at the report for a moment before continuing reading the final page of the book. She finished reading and closed the book, finally speaking.

"You took your time." She said flippantly, ignoring the report "I trust your soldiers are preparing to move at a moments notice?" She said, getting to her feet and looking out the window. The sun was rising in the sky and the castle and lands were bathed in sunlight. She sighed. She had much to do today and as usual she would have to coordinate many things at once, while making it seem effortless, as always. She turned, leaning against the ledge of the window, her hands placed either side of her on the ledge. She raised an eye brow at Gestin.

"Well?"

CrowboyToTheRescue
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BaneSlayer2 on Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:26 pm

Gestin watched the mermaid ignore the report, already guessing she would do such a thing. "Yes," he said, sounding rather bored, "The troops are ready and in their formations, ready at a moments notice to run off dramatically towards the battlefield." Gestin took a few steps closer the Zeatha, now only about 3 feet away from her. "Someones seems a bit uptight today. Relax." he said, his one golden eye shining mischeviously.

BaneSlayer2
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!