Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

♥Beauties and The Beasts♥ (medieval fantasy) IC: open

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

♥Beauties and The Beasts♥ (medieval fantasy) IC: open

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AerynV on Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:21 pm

Beauties and The Beasts

Once upon a time, in a faraway land, a Royal Family lived in a shining castle. Although they had everything their hearts desired, they were spoiled, selfish, and unkind. But then, one winter's night, an old beggar-woman came to the castle and offered The King a single rose in return for shelter from the bitter cold. Repulsed by her haggard appearance, the King sneered at the gift and The Family turned the old woman away. But she warned them not to be deceived by appearances, for beauty is found within. And when they dismissed her again, the old woman's ugliness melted away to reveal a beautiful Enchantress. The King tried to apologize for himself and his family, but it was too late, for she had seen that there was no love in their hearts; and as punishment, she transformed them into Beasts. Ashamed of their monstrous forms, the Beasts concealed themselves inside their castle, with a magic mirror as their only window to the outside world. The rose she had offered was truly an enchanted rose, which would bloom after five years. If they could learn to love another, and earn her/his love in return by the time the last petal fell, then the spell would be broken. If not, they would be doomed to remain beasts for all time. As the years passed, the family fell into despair and lost all hope. For who could ever learn to love a Beast?

Tale as old as time...

So this is pretty much the same thing as beauty and the beast only with a twist to it. The entire family is cursed to take the form of beast-like animals unless they can fall truly in love and be loved in return. It is the final year and they only have 3 months left to break the curse. Meanwhile the kingdom has fallen into a dark age and the neighboring kingdom threatens to start a war...

this is a rather large family because i want a lot of people to join. There are three princesses and three princes and all of them are beasts. Obviously i need people to take on those roles before i can even start the rp. I also need the "Belles" or people that fall in love with the beasts... so i will need 6 more people for that. If i have trouble getting even numbers here, i may reduce the family to only two princess and two princes. Just gotta see what happens

The King and Queen are deceased, the Queen died when the children were at a very young age and the King recently committed suicide. The Oldest son is now supposed to take up responsibility and become the new king...

Rules:

1;; Follow the T.OS

2;; I am the creator of this RP, so please show some respect and you'll get the same back. In other words, you'll get back what you put out.

3;; This is a semi-lit-adv.-lit RP. If you can't post at least three sentences, I'm sorry but I can't accept you. Use brackets [[, )) for Ooc and please do NOT write in first person.No '*I look at you and blah*.

4;; No bashing. I'll repeat; NO BASHING. I don't give a damn about your sexuality, race, religion, political belief or whatever. If you can't respect or tolerate someone else, you'll be gone with out question.

5;; Given that this is fantasy/medieval, please build your character appropriately; No guns, cell phones, jeans, etc.

6;; No Godmoding.

7;; Have fun! I want it to be enjoyable!

8;; Please only join if you plan on sticking with it and can post at least once every other day.

...Song as old as rhyme

Just a little change...
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AerynV
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: ♥Beauties and The Beasts♥ (medieval fantasy) IC: open

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:11 am

Jean, A prince of Royal Blood, descend from a once proud and mighty bloodline paced back and forth. Like a caged animal he lashed against the bars of his prison but as with all animals he came to accept them and even embrace them. His current impatience was with his family, with the half-wits who could not see what he saw. Sure they where beasts, horrible to look upon, so much so even their few remaining servants could barely stand to be in the same room as one of them. But they where strong beyond all normal means, had power beyond even the mightiest knights of the realm.

But pausing at a pond that sat amidst the castle's gardens where bloomed flowers of the rarest kind, lotus from the far east, flowers from the Mountains of the North, and even the Speedwall flower, considered the mark of a true solider it was Jean who had climbed the lofty heights of the Alps to claim them. Although only the skill of their gardener kept it blooming here down far below it's clean and clear reaches. Staring down into the crystal depths of the pond the twisted and horrifying visage of his beast form stared back at him. It's long and viscous fangs blending with the eyes of a starved wolf to create the curse placed upon him and his kin.

But this Prince soon came to relish the gifts this curse bestowed upon him. He could outrun the wind, tear the stone walls of castles into so much rubble, and punch through a Knight's amour like a child would rip paper. But it seemed only he among his family cared for such things.

" Surely even they can see the birds of war gathering on the horizon. And if so our power will be needed. But no my blood can only think of themselves, of our so called curse. It is our selfish nature that caused us to bear this form to begin with. Even knowing that they still think of themselves, nothing has really changed." Jean said speaking to his image in the water, the only thing that didn't run in fear of him or shake in his presence. I speak a lie, everything has changed, and yet nothing at all. The thing that has changed is why we are selfish, He thought to himself with a sigh.

But thoughts of war soon replaced them, once the Commander of his father's armies he was a skilled general and a deadly swordsman. And that lust for battle, that instinct that all true soldiers felt still burned within his veins. For him salvation lay not in the love of some strange woman, but instead in the bugle call, in the rush of Knights charging each other, the cleaving of head and helm from body. He was a beast, he would die a beast but his death would be a Knights death. He would die saving those who didn't have his power. Let the others search for love and salvation Jean, Son of the King and Once General would die on battle's terms, with sword in hand and fang bloodied he would bid this world adieu.

But for now in this calm before the storm he would bide his time, tolerating the weakness of his family. But for them he would have gone insane. That being said Jean cared nothing for them now, they would not see the blessing beneath the curse, would not embrace the power of the inner beast. If they wish to waste what little time there is in this life with mourning our past and seeking out harlots and young boys then so be it. I will die as I have lived....like an animal. He promised his reflection before striding along the garden's path to the tourney yard.

Here as a young Squire Jean had won his first victory. Unhorsing several knights and other Squires Jean proved to his Knight that he was worthy of being his Squire. And it was here where once knights from all over would challenge each other in war games, at the tilt, and at games of drinking. Lost in the memories of his past glories Jean stood in the center of the yard, the ghost of past tourney's once held here flooding his mind. The clash of Lance upon Shield, the call for yield,and the drunken songs of Knights in their cups echoed in this Beast's mind.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby artemis101 on Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:57 am

'How many years has it been since THAT night?,' Ravelin thought as her foot steps echoed down the cold, empty, dark hallway. She glanced at once were beautiful pieces of art, but now were covered in dust and mildew. When she was a child, Ravelin would always stare that these once beautiful paints. At times wishing that she too could have that talent, but those thoughts never last long even back then.

Most of her brothers and sisters would now spend most of their days, watching the magic mirror. Hoping that one day they could return to normal. She too would wish to go back to her old form as well. With her falcon like hands, Ravelin could barely use her beloved katanas due to her of immovability of her wrist. True her talons were stronger than her baldes, and could rib through stone and metal alike. But with only 3 months to break this cruse, she had given up her hope for some stranger that she will never met.

Instead she tried to focus of the matter at hand. The neighboring kingdom is eager to start a war with her own. One of her brothers, Jean, had too noticed the threat. Unlike the rest of them, Jean seemed to enjoy his new form after he grew used to it. Out of the family, he doesn't think what happened to them was a curse but a gift. He has always been a proud warrior that had never ending lust for battle. This worried Ravelin.

She halted when she was in front of the Royal Family's weapons room, where her katanas were kept. She walked up to a large, red, oak cabinet with four holes in each door. She had tried to use the handles, but in her form the handles were difficult to open. To counter this, Ravelin pierced the cabinet with her talons to make new handles during her first year in her new form. She put her talons into the holes and gently opened it.

Three well published katanas were laying in their holders. Waiting to be used in battle once more. Ravelin drew two of them, and begun to train with them. It wasn't long before one of them slipped out of her claw and cut her arm. A roar that sounded like much like a vulture escaped from her beak as she felt the sting from the cut.
Last edited by artemis101 on Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Join My Fairy Tail RP! fairy-tail-open-t33536-20.html

artemis101
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Perilute on Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:19 am

Errol trotted down the corridor, arms full of old and rusty weapons. He was taking them to the armoury to be cleaned and polished, one of his many weekly tasks. He tried to keep his masters and mistresses’ various accoutrements in the finest condition, despite the fact that they rarely used them these days. It was his habit and he hoped that someday, when they needed them, the Lords and Ladies would be able to take up their swords and use them and marvel at the fact that they were still sharp and clean and shining, even in the face of all the years that had passed.

He reached the door to the armoury and slipped inside, just as a great and terrible roar echoed through room. Errol dropped the swords in a hurry, barely avoiding losing his toes, and tried to back out the way he came. No such luck, however, as the door had closed behind him. He tried to scoop up the weapons, but his hands trembled too strongly and he feared severing a finger.

”Uh, p-princess?” He called out, peering through the dim light of the room. The long, bronze form of the Lady Ravelin was just visible in the gloom. Errol tried the door again, but still it did not budge. ”Are you... okay?” He asked, loathing the tremor in his voice. He hated being so scared, but he couldn’t help it. His masters and mistresses had taken the form of gigantic monsters, and Errol couldn’t be in the same proximity as a large dog, let alone what looked like a cross between a lion and and an eagle!

Nevertheless, they were his betters, and had to treat them with respect. The other servants may have left, fled in terror, and Errol with them. But he had come back. He had returned. Errol had served their father and mother faithfully. He remembered the princes and princesses as they were before. He couldn’t leave them, as sad as it was, and as distant as they were, they were like a family to him.

Perilute
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby artemis101 on Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:19 am

Blood drops were dripping unto the stone floor, as Ravelin put back the katana, the one which was still on her hand, back on its holder in the cabinet. Another thing about her form was that she could see in the dark as well as she can in light. Errol, a servent who takes care of the Royal Family's weapons, entered without knowing she was in there. And was nearly frighten to death my her roar. He could even pick up the swords that he dropped on the floor without it causing him a least one of his fingers.

Putting her claw over the cut, Ravelin started for the door leaving her fallen katana, which was covered with her blood, on the place it fell. "I'm fine, Errol.When you are finished in here, put on katana back in its holder," Ravelin ordered as she released her bleeding arm to open the door. After quickly shutting it, she once again grabs her injured arm and heading to the door that lead outside of the castle leaving a small trail of blood following behind her.

The crescent moon was partly hidden behind black clouds over Ravelin's head as she exited the castle. If she wanted or needed to leave the castle for something or an other, Ravelin will only leave during when the sun was down and the moon was up. She alone would frighten what few gardeners and outdoor servants, what they had left, running back to the safety of their homes.

She wondered in the court yard until she found what she was looking for. A small quiet stream that flowed near the gardens. Getting on her lion like knees, she slowly dipped her arm into the chilled water. It still stung a little when it was in the water, but the pain quickly left. "One thing I could say about this body is that it heals fast," Ravelin said as she took her arm out of the stream to examine it. In truth, the cut had stopped bleeding and the skin closed.
Last edited by artemis101 on Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

artemis101
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dragon_Pirate on Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:31 am

The flicker of light stretched across the library floor. Flames engulfed the logs, crackling and warming the cold floors. Time seemed to pass so slowly. How long had it been? Valkyrie wondered as she stretched her limbs with a yawn. Her long hours were spent in the library although she never touched the book. A small puppy like whimper escaped from her as she glanced towards the books. It had been so many years since she'd picked up a book and read. She'd give anything to feel the leather bindings and rub her finger tips over the corners of the pages. This room had been her love and thanks to the selfishness they all harbored in their hearts, It seemed she never would again.

As she gathered her thoughts, her gaze shifted to the portrait of the family above the fireplace. She could remember the night it happened as if it was only yesterday. How long had it been? She wondered again as she thought about the old beggar woman who had stood before them. It had been so cold the night she came to the palace, and they had turned her away. "Oh had we not been so foolish." She said glancing down at her side, her tail swinging back and forth. That beggar woman had changed so quickly. The first and only enchantress that Valkyrie had seen and she remembered thinking that she was such a beauty.

She moved away from the fire and shook the image of the woman responsible for their new forms. "Who am I kidding? We did this to ourselves." Valkyrie sighed again. Perhaps it was time to leave the castle and make an effort in finding love but how was a beast like her to go about such a thing? She certainly couldn't just waltz up to some man and tell him the truth. Certainly, his facial expression would be worth the laugh but it wouldn't earn her anyone's love. Shrugging her shoulders heavily, she shook her fur. No. She wouldn't leave and she knew it. Like always, she'd stay here watching the seasons change.
I claim you as my lifemate.
I belong to you.
I offer my life for you.
I give to you my protection, my allegiance, my heart, my soul, and my body.
I take into my keeping the same that is yours.
Your life, happiness, and welfare will be cherished and placed above my own for all time.
You are my lifemate, bound to me for all eternity and always in my care.
~Carpathian Binding Ritual

Dragon_Pirate
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AerynV on Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:33 am

Eloine padded down the long hall. Her claws scratched at the stone, they were so long now. She needed to scratch something to dull them down a little. She would admit to enjoying her new form every once in a while, especially when it came to the freedom of doing (once impossible) physical feats of strength. She was able to scale the castle wall, bound great lengths, move extreamly heavy things. None of this mattered in the long run though. She was still a prisoner to this castle. Her heart longed to explore far away lands and to see things people had never seen before.

"I guess icould just take off, but i can't leave my brothers and sisters..."

She stopped at a window and looked out thoughtfully. Nothing was really holding her back anymore, she doubted that a human man would fall in love with her now. They only had three months left! She sighed and the heat from her breath fogged up the glass. She brought a paw up and delicately drew a frowny face with the tip of her claw. As she made the smile a small crack formed and the entire window shattered.

"Well that's wonderful..." She growled.

She put her paws up on the window sill and looked down, it wasn't too far... She leapt through and landed with a hard thud. That was definitely one of the perks. Faster than using the stairs anyway.

She spotted Jean over by the pond and silently made her way over to him. She crouched down trying to make herself as small as possible. She doubted she would be able to sneak up on him, he always knew, but that never stopped her from trying. She roared loudly when she was close enough to him, hoping that this time she would scare the piss out of him. Well not litterally of course.

AerynV
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AerynV on Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:42 am

It really was a shame that her life was so easy at the moment... almost a crime really... She couldn't help but to chuckle. She had an entire city's worth of bandits at her command! Not to mention a purse busting at the seams from all her gold that she's stolen. She sat back in her cozy chair and propped her feet on the table. Really... how could life be any better? Especially since there was no order around here. The entire city's soldiers had disappeared years ago! A serene smile graced her features as she felt the effects of the alcohol take over her mind. Her head began to fall back, and her arms dangled goofily at her side. Her lips parted ever so slightly... and then.. a steady snore began to grow, louder and louder. The bartender did not know such sounds could come from a woman. He laughed to himself and went back to washing dishes.

Her slumber did not last very long however. She snorted loudly and rubbed her nose with the back of her hand. Then scratched her head in a very unladylike manner. One of her eye lids lifted rather lazily, letting one of her golden orbs to peer around the room for the person guilty of awakening her.

"Ssssanta?" she chuckled warmly at the fat man with a long white beard, probably a traveler. "What brings you here to my court?" She waved her arms around gesturing that this room was her "royal court" and that she was the queen. She chuckled again before bringing the pint of rum back to her lips. She frowned and looked down into the empty cup. "Why's the rum always gone?" ((yes i just stole that brilliant line from POTC XD)) She pouted and put the cup back on the table. She then pulled a small peppermint candy out of her pocket and popped it into her mouth. The drunken smile returned once again.

The poor man stared at her a bit bewildered, he took her jest as being harmless, but sat on the opposite side of the room. He shook his head and smiled.

Her head slowing began moving back, bobbing up ever so often as she fought to stay awake. It was sort of a game she played with herself. How long could she force herself to stay awake under the influence of rum. She always lost.

AerynV
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lavender on Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:49 am

Daniel resided in his corridors, staring out the tall, stained glass window by his bed. Outside, it was dark and grim, rain sprinkling over the now dead gardens that once adorned the walkway to the castle so colorfully. His countenance played a nostalgic expression, and his mouth curled into a frown, a low growl escaping his lips as he turned his eyes away from the sight.

Elizabeth left the house, slamming the door behind her. The sound of yells and protests could be heard inside, although they were muffled. She half-smiled, licking her lips and ascending up the dirt path toward town. She carried a basket, the contents covered with a beige cloth. Today was going to be different; she was trekking up the hill toward the castle.

Nobody had dared solicit there since the royal family had been transformed into... well, nobody really knew. But Elizabeth was too curious for her own good. The moccasins on her feet thumped on the damp ground, her ebony curls breezing around her face. The wind was beginning to pick up; a storm was coming, she could feel it in the cold air. She quickened her pace, until finally she was opening the castle's gate.

Her eyes widened as she gazed around. She slowly made her way toward the colossal doorway, staring at the handles all the while. Fear paled her face, but she kept on as she finally reached her destination. Lifting up a small hand, she pounded gently on the wood surface of the door, hoping that who--or what--answered would pay her mind.
"Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest." Larry Lorenzoni

my photography blog

Lavender
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~*~emoneko~*~ on Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:57 am

Most of the town was asleep at the time that Sarah snuck-out of her small cabin she called home. Any colder, and there would have been snow. She was dressed for such a night, wearing a large over coat with a wool hood. It was torn slightly, but it kept her warm for the most part. She opened the cabin door, slowly; praying it wouldn't squeak too much. Luckily for her it didn't.

With a basket in one hand, Sarah left the small town to go find the winter herbs that would be out. Some of which, she would use to make teas and incense. She didn't wonder too far, just far enough to get lost. She came upon her herbs she was looking for and knelt down to pick them.

After gathering a good amount of the herbs, she got to her feet and looked around. "Good job." she scolded herself as she noticed she was indeed lost. Her eyes looked all around until she saw lights high off. Memories of a castle flooded her mind for a moment as she gazed at the lights. She sighed, ignoring the bad things that had been said, and started heading for the castle.

Upon reaching the castle, she was beyond cold. Her teeth chattered, her hands shook, and her lips were a pale blue. At the door, she hoped someone would answer if she knocked, but her hands were to cold to knock. Again, she was in luck, there was a door bell. Pulling the string softly, she heard it ring a bell of some sort, announcing she wanted to be let in. The door cracked opened, a warm breeze inviting her in. She took its hint, closing the large door behind herself.

"Hello?" she called out softly, looking in all directions. "The door opened, so I came in." she said a bit louder, hoping no one would be to angry. After all it was nearly freezing outside. She removed her frosty hood, exposing her angelic face to the warm castle. Her long black hair fell in light ringlets around her face and neck, overflowing to go down her back. Her bangs fell in her face, before she pushed them to the side so she could still see. "Hello?" she called again, sighing.
Image Image Image
Wanting to do a onexone rp of these categories: anime, love, movies, Final fantasy, forbidden loves, more. Pm me if you are interested please!!

~*~emoneko~*~
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:06 pm

(OOC: AerynV, Jean is not standing by the pond but in the tourney yard...does anyone read posts all the way out anymore these days)

Jean lost in his thoughts of the past tourney's held in this yard felt the sixth sense of his soldier's awareness cut into his thoughts like the blade he once wielded with such a deadly grace Knight's refused to battle him in tourney. It was his sister Eloine, the one who thought of their salvation the most but who had been the second to give up on it, Jean being the first. But their reasons where as different as the Sun and Moon.

Looking at this woman who was his sister the Beast Prince found it hard to believe that the same womb gave birth to them. For he had never felt close to his family, had always saw things differently then they did. He often suspected that he was not of the same flesh and blood of the rest of his brothers and Sisters. Only the fact he bore the same curse that they did silenced those doubts. For his limited research into such matters had yielded that such curses could only be borne by those united in blood. But he still felt no closeness to the rest of his family. His father he found a bore who was barely worthy of the crown he once wielded, his mother he thought a lackwit, although he found her heart true, his brothers cowards who only went to war because their Father goaded them into it, his sisters he never did know well but with all the sighing and moaning over their fate Jean cared not to know them.

" Greetings Dear Sister, such mannerisms ill befit a Princess of your Stature." He said with a slight twitch of his fang filled mouth, perhaps amusement, perhaps contempt, maybe a mix of both. Only Jean knew and he wasn't talking. Turning back to the tilt course, it's wooden divider cracked and weathered with age. " Do you remember the first time I rode the tilt in earnest. I was 15, a boy filled with the fire of his own dreams. Do you remember my amour, it shone like the sun. I spent all night polishing it, even had it gilded with the purest gold to be found. They called me Dawn's Blade that day...I was so proud, I unhorsed 32 knights and 14 Squires that day..." And here he paused remember that day, his only regret was that his beast form would not allow him to ride a mount, to bear Lance and shield.

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AerynV on Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:30 pm

((OOC: HOLY CRABCAKES! im sorry, i read really fast and missed that bit at the end, plus i kinda subconciously skipped that word cuz i have no idea what a tourney yard is... my most sincere apologies!))

Eloine pouted and didn't bother to stand up again. Laying on her side lazy, she flicked her tail back and forth in half-hearted amusement. "No one has fun anymore, its my job to brighten everyones mood. This castle is depressing." She snorted making her whiskers flutter and tickle her cheeks.

"Yes i remember brother. You were a mighty warrior. You still are," she paused thoughtfully. "But you know... there is more to life than battle and killing," She winced inwardly. He probably was not going to like that comment. She had dealt with warriors her whole life... the knights that is, before they left. The whole point of their existance was to serve and protect, by killing. Maybe that's just how males think.

Eloine certainly loved to spar. It was a game to her though and nothing more. She had never had to kill anyone, honestly she didn't know if she could handle that kind of guilt. Killing a person was not an easy task and it was something she would never have to come to face... hopefully. Although, with this war brewing, she probably would have to. They all would. She hoped they would anyway! This kingdom needed them still... her family were still responsible for what happend to their people. There was no getting out of that. Even so... she still hoped somehow everything would suddenly become right and no bloodshed would be necessary. She had a feeling her brother felt differently. She worried about him.

AerynV
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Perilute on Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:20 pm

((OOC: Just to avoid confusion, Errol is greeting Sarah right now. Also, this sounds a lot like the beggining of the Disney movie. I'm starting to think of Errol as Cogsworth...))

Errol hurried down the stairs, his heart still beating fretfully from his brush with Ravelin. Though she was not terrible in personality, merely cold as princesses ought to be, her form was terrible and it gave him nervous headaches even to be near her. The castle was dark, his lords and ladies seemed to like it gloomy, and Errol had simply adapted. His night vision was quite good, as well as his hearing, and it was due to this that he heard an unfamiliar voice echoing through the empty place.

The servant rounded the corner and came upon the girl. He hesitated for a moment, eyes narrowed suspiciously, before stepping out to meet her.
”Hello.” He said pleasantly, moving past her to shut the door and lock out the chill breeze. The castle hadn’t had a guest in a long time, and Errol was a bit off guard. He wasn’t sure what his masters would think of such an intruder. Nevertheless, Errol was not an inhospitable man, so he smiled and gave a little bow to the lady. ”Might I ask what you are doing here?”

Even as he stood there, waiting for her explanation, his mind was running through a list of chores that still had to be done. He needed to dust the books in the library and check for wear and tear on some of the more valuable ones, he had to light up the cooking fires and start roasting the large boar that Prince Jean had brought back earlier in the morning, and he was absolutely required to sweep at least some of the hallways before turning in for the night. There was a particular novel he had been planning on reading before bed, but with all the work he had not finished, and with the entrance of this girl, he doubted it would be possible.

Though he would never confess it, he felt a little pity for his lords and ladies, particularly the Princess Valkyrie. He remembered her love of books from years ago and how she had delighted in running up and down the aisles of the library, skimming her fingers along the spines of the books as she went. No one used the library anymore, at least not for reading. Even Errol did not stay in that gloomy place, as he could remember best of all what it had looked like before the curse. It made him sad and he had enough problems already,

Perilute
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mogtaki on Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:32 pm

The warmth of the castle was all that could keep young Garek settled and calm, especially during these times of great uncertainty. He was one of the youngest and possibly one of the most ugliest of the beasts, for he had very little fur covering his body and where fur was barely visible was dark veins that could possibly be just sitting on his skin. He was ugly compared to the others but the ugly merely reflected what lay deep in his heart. Back, before he was transformed into a beast, he cared little about falling in love with another and simply flirted with the pretty girls, trying to win them over simply for his own thrills. He had never meant any harm to come from his 'love'; unfortunately, it brought him more harm than good.

He sat still on a large chair, staring into the fire as he contemplated whether he should go out and work up a sweat or simply go to sleep. He was the active sort but when it came to sleeping, he was one of the calmer ones. He wasn't always calm, though; more often than nought he'd lose his temper and just show what kind of beast he could truely be. He would often destroy things or take out his temper on whatever was closer to him, such as one time he backhanded a servant so hard that they had to be medically treated. There were times where he didn't mean to lash out but those times were rare; now that he was cursed with the form of a horrible monster, he was surely doomed to remain a monster.

He sighed as he stared at the flames, watching them dance around in front of him before, suddenly, he heard the opening of the front door followed by an unfamilar voice. He growled, spinning his head around. He didn't know who it was but from the sounds of it, it was a female and they were definitely not familar with where they were.

He bounced up to his feet, wrapped his night-cloak around himself before he gradually began to make his way over to the door, his footsteps almost unheard of as he moved. He cared little that they were the first female stranger he had heard from since the curse, he had thrown out all thought that they might even be the one for him; he was more concerned by the fact that they were invaders. He cautiously sneaked, being careful to make sure his long horns didn't stick out where the girl would perhaps see them. He remained hidden but didn't speak out in response to the girl; right now, he only hoped that either they would leave or one of their servants would dismiss them and hopefully rather quickly.

He was in luck, Errol had showed up rather promptly after he had sneaked around to see the commoner. He didn't make a noise but simply listened, his ear sticking up as he eavesdropped on their conversation. He wasn't pleased that Errol hadn't dismissed them immediately but instead asked them a question, meaning they'd be here for longer. He felt like giving Errol a good slap or a shouting at for this; surely he knew that strangers were never going to stick around long when they knew what lived within the castle.
~*Current Roleplays*~

Mogtaki
Member for 15 years

Valkyrie's ears perked up at the sound of a young woman's voice. Had it been her sister's or a maid she would not have even questioned it but it wasn't. She turned and left the library to investigate. There was no denying that being a beast did have its perks. Since she'd been changed her hearing had increased greatly and it wasn't the only one of her senses that improved. She could smell better then she ever had. Once she had silently stalked Errol through the halls for fun, only by following his scent. When she found him, she jumped out and scared him but felt bad. It had worked better then she meant for it too.

Of course, she did apologize even if her status meant she didn't have too. It was the first good laugh she'd had in years and it was all out of good fun. She never would have hurt him. After all, he had returned out of faithfulness to their family, even though Valkyrie knew that their forms scared the wits out of him. As she rounded the corner, she stuck to the shadows. Sure enough there was Errol and the mystery girl. As she sniffed the air, she smiled, well at least the best she could give of a smile. Her brother Garek was nearby.

Dragon_Pirate
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:41 pm

" There is more to life then battle's call....but the arts of death are all I ever mastered. While you and the rest of the family where busy living like Royalty I was busy doing what needed to be done.." Jean said answering his Sister's question, her challenge as it where. He remembered his first battle, he was young, 17 and in way over his head. But the pride of sword and amour did much to quell his fear that day and so did the madness of war. He still remembered what it was like to first kill someone, to feel steel bit into flesh for the first time, to see hope and life leave someone's eyes for the first time. He covertly threw up behind a maple stand once the battle was over.

And he remembered the first time looking over the fruits of war, the corpses that littered the blood soaked ground like fallen leaves litter the ground in the Autumn. Each one of them had been someone's brother, someone's son, someone's father. But they where also Knights, Men at arms, and Mercenaries, part of the invading army. And to save the farmer's crops from the torches, to save their daughters from the lusts of soldiers, and to keep his Father's Kingdom whole Jean rode out with the other Knights of the Realm and did his duty. But he was in no mood to explain his choices, he went to war cause he had to. If even his own Sister couldn't understand that Jean would not bother with explaining himself. After his many battles Jean knew what was worth fighting for, and fight he would. Even if he was the only one on that battlefield he would fight for fear had long since ceased to rule him.

But looking at his Sister's face he knew it still lingered in her. She truly feared having to fight. Such weakness in my own family, but perhaps it is for the better. My sin is pride and I see it reflected in them everyday. The Beast Prince thought before beginning to walk away from where he stood in the tourney yard.

" Dear Sister, I do not wish for bloodshed more then the next person....But should foreign invaders cross our borders, should they threaten what remains of our people I will slaughter them like a wolf among sheep. And if you will not stand with me, if you let that fear I can see and smell in you rule you when the time comes...then I shall fight alone and my last words as the cruel sword of fate rips itself through my heart will be a curse upon this family, upon all of us..." And here he stopped as if to let what he had said sunk in. Then with slow and silent step walked away, pushing open the doors that led into the tourney yard with but a single hand.

Once inside he slammed them shut and with that same slow and silent step walked down the hallways, his measured footfalls a testimony to his words.

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lavender on Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:55 pm

{{OOC: Did nobody notice that my character came to the door as well? Haha}}

Lavender
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sami on Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:22 pm

The heavy thuds of strong boots echoed throughout the stone corridor as Lord Friarson pounding his way from the feasting hall with pieces of chicken hanging from his beard. Clad in his full steel armour, the tempremental Baron took another large bite from the massive hunk of meat in his right hand. His strides were followed by a nervous looking man with a hunchback.

" Damn it! Get the word out the the men, I want to see them all ready for deployment...NOW! ALL OF THEM " Were the words that boomed from the mans mouth, the stagering figure behind him wincing with every syllabel before uttering a nervous acknowledgement and running down the opposite end of the corridor.

" Bah! How dare there be rumours of fear and betrayal in my ranks! " His words fell upon deaf ears of stone walls. Suddenly his steps became gentle as his large figure hit the end of cobbled floor and upon the gentle grass. The calm, delicate nature surrounding him seemed at peace with his fiery rage. The keep's feasting hall was the parliament of his Majesty, food and ale whilst dictating his plans was the perfect opportunity for other high profile individuals to place there input and debate it all. Friarson hated it; it was the perfect place for a wretch of a rogue to hear the most important of all executive decisions.

His Majesty had called for the full wave of his Generals' might to crash over the Eastern Border in an overwhelming proportion to cause chaos and fear. The half drunken, face stuffing Generals all cheered in uproar at the choice; all but Friarson. He had pardoned himself straight after the support was shown, knowing he would be outnumbered.

Marching his way to his own division's officers' barracks, the very grumpy old man took more of his chicken down his throat.

Sami
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby artemis101 on Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:16 pm

Ravelin was about to enter the castle, but something stopped her. A unfamiliar girl voice was talking to Errol. The girl's voice was obvious the girl was young and a bit timid. There were VERY few young girl servants after THAT night. Even if it was one of brave or foolish girl serveants, Ravelin still hadn't decided which, she would've recognized the voice. Meaning this girl did not belonged in the castle, but to the town. The only thing she recognized, besides Errol, was her two of her younger siblings Valkyrie and Garek.

"If it's something that I need to know, Valkyrie will inform me later," Ravelin said to herself as she unfolded her bronze wings. It took her months to master the art of flying, and one too many bones from falling. She always wondered how baby birds learned to fly so easily after she figured out it's all in the position of the wings and the wind current. Surprisingly to her, the castle looked also completely different then if you were on the ground. Also, what seemed to be like an never ending forest, which surround the castle, looked like a small lake of trees from in the air. Ravelin moved her wings a bit inward and tilted her body upward, so that she can glide to one of the towers.

She started to fold her wings back up as she dissented onto the stone window seal. Her posture looked similar to some of the gargoyle statues, that looked like they were guarding the towers, once she landed. She got down from the window seal, and quickly left the room as fast as she could. That room had once belonged to her and her siblings' father some years ago. He was basically the only one she could really remember out of their parents. Their mother died from some illness when she was barely older than a toddler . So, she didn't have that many memories of her unlike her older siblings did. The only thing she clearly remembered from that time was their father locking himself and his scholars inside the library. Trying to find a cure for their mother, but it was not meant to be. Their mother passed away during a cold winter's night.

Their father did try his best to raise six children, in Ravelin's opinion anyway she couldn't speak for her siblings, along with aid with nurse maids. Years had past since the winter's night that claimed their mother's life, and life was good. Ravelin and her brothers and sisters could have anything in the kingdom that their greedy hearts desired. For her, it was mainly priceless paintings and weapons. Even back then she had little interest in men and love.

But THAT night changed not only Ravelin and her siblings appearance, but their way of live including their father's. Their father begged the Enchantress to change them back but, like finding the cure for their mother, it was all in vein. Their father tried his best to cope with their terrifying, hideous, beast forms. After a while, they had lost another parent but this time their father's dagger claimed its wielder's life.

Ravelin tried to push those sad memories to the farthest regions in her mind as her foot steps yet again echoed through the hallway. Things have not or will never be the same after THAT night, even by the slightest chance they return human. Their father will still be died and the castle and the people in it will be forever changed. This is the reality that she has come to accepted.

artemis101
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HOBOGamer on Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:04 pm

Gengi was in his father's study as usual. Over the years he had to order the kingdom's best stonemasons to extend it to contain the ever-expanding collection of spell books and illegal necromancy tomes. He sighed and closed his enchanter spell book. Even after several years of living in the library he still had yet to find the cure to their curse. A knock sounded on the door.

"Master?"came a shrivelled voice,"come in!" Gengi called without looking up from scanning the spines of sevreal books on a shelf. A small man with tusled hair and a scabard at his hip shuffled in carrying sevreal books in his arms. Gengi suddenly ran over and caught one as it fell and placed it on a table with the others. "You found them!" he exclaimed as he shuffled them looking at thier titles. "It took me some time but I finally found them in a small bookstore in Carpathia." the small blotted man said. "You have done well." Gengi said.

"I'll tell my accountant to make an appointment with you to arrange a price." "Very well master." he called bowing, "If I may speak freely.""Speak" Gengi called from one of the books, "there is a certain volume of enchantress tomes that may prove usefull to you." he said. "Where, may I ask is this tome?" Gengi asked, "The Yamanian Islands." "Do what you must Hilgo." Gilga said as he closed the tome and walked with him out into the hallway bidding him goodbye.

HOBOGamer
Member for 15 years
Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!