Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Blood and Bow, an Interest Check

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Blood and Bow, an Interest Check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:27 pm

A single elf knelt before the stone altar at the heart of Fuilcrann, the Blood Tree. He was lithe, and lean like all of his kind. His golden blond hair was shaved on the sides in a narrow mohawk. The walls, made of the trunk itself, rose above his head and beyond his sight. The stillness of the temple was oppressive as his gods looked down on him in judgement.

Bowing his head the elf took out an obsidian knife, a leather thong wrapped around it for a handle. With a grunt he cut a line across his palm, blood welling up instantly.

"The temple is desecrated, during my vigil. The Well remains empty, and dry. I will find the defilers and string their entrails among the boughs on the borders of our lands. Our enemies will fear the name of our tribe, and flee on rumours of our coming. Take this, my life, and hold it. Should I fail let my soul fall into the Well and feed your power."

The elf stands, Soulless.

The elven civilization has thrived in the endless woodlands of Arkaed. Many tribes once ruled these lands, but now only yours remains sheltering the Broken Tribes within your forest nation. You are Cruactan, the Sanguine. Your priests and priestesses wield powerful blood magicks that can give you control of foes or boil the blood in their veins until it bursts in red boils.

Now man has come, with wooden ships from across the sea. They are weak in magic, but bring wonders of fire and steel that can kill a dozen men at once. Over the past five decades he has conquered ancient kingdoms and destroyed sacred groves.

Visiting merchants from the human kingdoms came with offers of peace and shared knowledge. Our elders were reticent and rightly so, as the next day they had disappeared with the sacred Lifeblood. A holy relic that is the only weapon that could create a balance in the coming Last Battle of Arkaed.

Had this idea kicking around in my head for a few days, wanted to see what you guys thought and if anyone would be interested in playing something like this. Whaddya think?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

7achary
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Blood and Bow, an Interest Check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:04 am

What are you planning to do with this? Would it be like an adventure following a group of individuals?

What are the freedoms and restrictions in character creation?

Would the storytelling be controlled by you as GM through story-telling and plot events or more like a Dungeon Master controlling NPCs and setting obstacles before the group.
Self Proclaimed, Master Realm Weaver: need help creating a RP? PM me!

Vivid-Minds; a society of sophisticated RPers and Roleplays. Join us?

...LIVE in your world, ROLEPLAY in mine...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:54 am

The PCs, you guys, are going to be wood elves chasing down a holy relic stolen by humans. There will be a number of arcs, not set in stone yet: The Scent, The Hunt, Resolution. Everyone will have a set number of posts per arc for intro posts and interaction. I did this to move things along and encourage collaboration.

Character creation will be loosely defined, I'll put a sheet up soon, unless you choose to be a magic user. There will be only one, me, and possibly an apprentice. More on that later.

A mixture of the two, The Scent, for example, will be more of a storytelling event with all involved and following my lead, where The Hunt will be a series of "encounters" which includes obstacles and foes. Resolution depends on decisions made during The Hunt.

7achary
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:03 pm

The concept is that you will all be "rangers." That's doesn't mean bows or dual weapon fighting are the only options. As long as it fits the barbaric atmosphere, you can have a great axe or fight unarmed.

I want to try for a very subtle magic in this game. You may say "But 7, how is boiling blood in your enemies veins subtle?" Yes, the greatest priests can pull something like that off. But only with difficult ritual and the aid of ritualists.

I'm taking heavy Aztec and Mayan influences, Olmec even, for the elves. As you can see in my descriptions of the humans.

7achary
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:24 pm

Sounds interesting. I look forward to hearing more about this.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:42 pm

I'm putting this thread on hold until I'm back in the community a little more. I've had some great ideas for it, but I'm trying to keep it simple and so I need to refine what I have. Thanks for your interest and I'll send out PMs when everything is ready to launch.

7achary
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FoolMeOnce on Sun May 19, 2013 10:28 am

This sounds thrilling! Can't wait to hear more :)
My solace is knowing that someday things will be over...then I can say a big SCREW YOU to those who brought me down!

FoolMeOnce
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!