Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Broken Grace

a topic in Uncategorized Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Other roleplay stuff, either inactive or otherwise. Roleplays that don't fit within any of the other categories.

Broken Grace

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Candle on Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:19 am

ooc-

☀Morning☀

This was probably one of the hardest mornings to wake up. The entire summer felt like it went by so fast, though most of the time I was studying magic and doing summer homework for my classes. It's time to go back to school, I guess I'm looking forward to it, I get to see my friends that I didn't talk to over the summer. I just have this weird feeling that this is going to be a very odd year...

Meadow was already out the door, wearing a gray and purple striped fitted sweater, a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, and purple hightops. He had a piece of toast in his hand and a backpack on his back. He started walking to the metro train station, he had a Student Pass, which allowed him free rides too and from school at specific hours. He quickly finished off his toast, and entered the train car. He sat down, though he couldn't shake this odd feeling. He looked over at an elderly man wearing a long coat. The man was staring at Meadow. Meadow broke the gaze of the man, then Meadow looked back at the man. He was still staring at Meadow, though when Meadow waved at the man, the man looked away.

The train ride didn't take too long. Meadow tried to get off as quickly as possible. He had gotten a bad vibe from the odd man, and he didn't want to take any chances. Nightside High was just down the street from the train station. The school was rather big, big enough to hold 1,500 students in every grade year. In the parking lot there were a number of groups of kids talking to one another. Meadow tried to look for familiar faces. He saw one of the students on the swim team that he had been friends with for a few years."Hey April,"He said walking up to her giving her a hug,"how was your summer?"

"It was great,"She replied. She was an attractive young girl, 17, with long red hair, freckles and green eyes,"even though some of the people here in Port Angeles have been acting strangely." She said in a concerned tone. Meadow immediately thought about the creepy man on the train."Yeah I know what you mean." Meadow said answering her statement. Meadow continued to talk to her, hoping that one of his closer friends would notice him. Meadow was known commonly among the underground world of vampires and werewolves, though he didn't have any specific placement with them, he knew what it was like to keep an important secret. How would people react if they knew he could do magic? That he could easily lift a car just by pointing at it? Meadow has always been different but in secret, and he didn't want that to change.

"Well, I should go get my schedule, I'm so excited to see what teachers I got this year,"Meadow said with a sarcastic tone walking away. They said their goodbyes and Meadow entered the school. He walked over to the main office, when some pieces of paper taped to the wall caught his attention. FOOTBALL, SWIM TEAM, TRACK TEAM, TENNIS, BASKETBALL, BASEBALL, FENCING, and WRESTLING were headed on these papers. He saw a couple of the werewolves he knew."Beck Walsh! Oh my God, I knew he could do it! I knew he was going to make captain!" He saw a couple girls reading his name and screaming, then they begun to talk about him as though they known him all his life."Hes so hot and tall, I'm going to marry him one day." The girls begun to argue on who was going to get to him first. Meadow just shook his head and sighed."Cathleen is going to have to hear about this." Meadow said to himself. He looked over at the Track Team members.

"Grant?" Meadow smiled. Grant was one of the newest members to The Clan, though he was one of the more faster Werewolves. Meadow didn't know Grant all that well, but they met a few times, usually on missions in the woods because some vampire was trying to kill some human in Port Angeles, but that was strictly business. Meadow stopped thinking about Grant, then went to get his new schedule. He looked at the classes he had,"Advanced, Advanced, Advanced, Advanced, Advanced." Meadow sighed, sometimes he hated being smart. The work wasn't hard to him, he just didn't like having so much to do. Meadow begun to walk looking at his Schedule when he bumped into someone,"Oh, I'm sorry,"Then he realized that it was someone that he knew."Oh hey." He said.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Candle
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Broken Grace

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:04 pm

Leyanah yawned heavily, rolling over in bed, covering her head with her pillow. However hard she tried, her alarm continued to buzz, the loudest, most annoying sound one could imagine. She finally let out a rather depressed sigh, and pushed herself out of bed, and walking over to her dresser. She flipped the 'off' button on her clock, and rubbed her eyes. She looked back at clock, and noted the time she had. Enough time to do everything! She quickly got dressed, pulling on a pair of lightly worn skinny jeans, and a baggy Aeropostle shirt. Breakfast was skipped, as usual for her, as she rushed down the hall, and down the stairs of her house.

She slid her green converse sneakers on, and grabbed her backpack. She didn't want to be late for the first day back, after all. She passed the kitchen nook, and looked in, to see her mother in front of the coffee pot.
"I'm headed for school, Mama. Have a good day at work." She said, walking over, and wrapping her arms around her.
"You too, sweetheart. Be careful, m'kay?" Her mother responded.
"Yeah. Love ya." Leyanah said, wheeling about on her heels, and heading out the doorway. Before, however, she snagged the keys to her car, hanging right by the door. As she walked out of the door, she looked around. The rather small neighborhood was still quiet, and rather peaceful. She walked over to her car, an blue softtop Oldsmobile. She pushed the key in the door, and opened it. She closed the door behind her, and started her ragged old vehice. She pulled out of her driveway, and headed down the road.

The drive was rather short, only fifteen minutes if traffic wasn't bad. But she also knew that on the first day, generally it was backed up to Hong Kong. But she wasn't worried. They generally excused tardies on the first few days. As she turned onto the school road, she flipped on her radio, which seemed to be turned to the 'Oldies' station. Jim Croce's voice soon filled her car, and she didn't mind singing along.
"...And he's bad, bad, Leroy Brown,
Baddest man in da whole damn town!
Badder than ol' King Kong...
Meaner than a junkyard dog!"

Upon getting to the school, traffic wasn't nearly as bad as she first thought it would've been, and she was able to park herself quite easily. She got out of her vehicle, passing a few others in the parking lot as she jogged up to the main building, hurring into the door. As soon as she got through the door, a familiar voice came to her.
"Yo! Ley! Get yo ass over here!" A rather large hispanic boy called out to her. "Yeah! Come see yo fam'!" Another black one shouted. She only grinned, and hurried over to the small crowd of people. "Haha! What'cha doin', boys and guys!" She said, half-laughing, and begining to talk amongst them.

It wasn't long before Leyanah went to pick up her own schedule. As usual, she had average classes, except social studies. She had advanced History - something she had always taken interest in. She took to walking with her schedule, when she bumped into something. She stumbled back, looking up. "Sorry. We goo-...Meme! Hahaaa! What're ya doin', boy?" She said, giggling lightly as she wrapped her free arm around him. "What've you been into?"
Last edited by Vio-Lance on Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mirrazor on Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:05 pm

Laelia took a deep breath. School. For the first time. Again. She sighed, and pushed open the front door. She had, only weeks ago, been taken in by the vampires at Eastern Manor. It was hard enough to have to adjust to a new place, but they were forcing her to create a public figure of herself by attending school.

They said it would help me adjust.

"oh my god!"
"I haven't seen you in forever!"
"How was your summer?"
"...get yo ass over here!"

The clamor of students, normally an indescribable wall of noise, was to her ears, perfectly discernible. Sometimes, though, that was a curse in itself.
She walked straight to head office, and rather abruptly spoke to the attendant.
"Tenebrae. T-E-N-E-B-R-A-E"
"Oh so you're the new student here-" the secretary began.
"Yes" she interrupted, taking the schedule.
"are you-"
"No" She interrupted again, turning, and walked off to her first period class.

She quickly looked at the first period. Advanced History The schedule had a simple map on the back of the paper, and she circled the room she was scheduled for, got her bearings, and began to walk there. She arrived in class first, beaten only by the teacher, who smiled and walked over to shake her hand.
"What will we be studying this course?" Laelia spoke before the teacher could introduce herself.
"Well...HISTORY!" The teacher seemed very enthusiastic about the word.
"It's such an interesting subject to learn about, because it changes everyday!"
"How convenient" Laelia returned. "Can I sit anywhere?"
"Yes, I prefer an open learning environment.." The teacher answered.
"Wonderful" Laelia said rather dryly, as she took a seat in the back left corner of the class, about 5 minutes before class would even begin. She stared intently at the clock. 7:24
Last edited by Mirrazor on Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"What reaps is sewn
What keeps, is shown
What defeats, is repeated
What repeats, is defeated
What walks, is chased
What talks, debased"

Mirrazor
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CortezHorse on Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:54 pm

Beck sauntered along the sidewalk towards the school, not worried with the time. His normal shadow that followed him was nowhere to be seen but that was because she was currently dangling from his back. Cathleen Saunders, his best friend and the human he imprinted on years ago as a brother was hanging on his back for a free piggy back, hidden completely by his mass making it look as though he was talking to himself. “So, you looking forward to this year? I-“ He paused mid sentence at seeing a hoard of girls waiting around the posting boards. Oh no, oh no, oh damn they made eye contact here they come! “Hey, girls.” He mustered out in a flat tone as they giggled. “Look here Beck you made team captain!” Bending down slightly he read and raised his brows in surprise a bit. “Oh, what do ya know.” The girl then immediately attached herself to his arm and looked up at him flirtily. “So Beck, who are you going to take to the prom?” Raising his brows once more, he cleared his throat trying to think of a way around the group. “That’s pretty far away but uh, um, you I guess?” She squealed loudly causing him to flinch and almost immediately the girls began to squabble. “No, no! I meant you?” More squabbling and he sighed reaching behind him to grab Cat and yank her around his side, putting her in the middle of the group. He didn’t say a word to her but his actions spoke volumes…DEAR GOD HELP!

CortezHorse
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LunaTwilight on Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:22 am

Cathleen listened half awake as she enjoyed the free piggy back ride from Beck. She had been up most of the night finishing a new sketch portfolio she had worked on over the summer to show the art instructor. “UmHmm…” Falling more towards sleep as Beck asked about their senior year, Cat decided to ignore the giggling squabble she heard; until she felt herself being slung to the side and landing right in the middle of the group. Momentarily losing her balance, she bumped into one girl who simply sneered “Freak.” then joined the rest of the pushing and jibbering girls.

You have got to be kidding me! First day of school and I’m going to die of a Barbie attack! Ok…and one brunette who needs to get her ridiculously tall heel OFF my boot. I can see why they would think he’s considered handsome, or be excited that their crush made the team; but he seriously does not need a group of fangirls mobbing him and trampling me in the process. Now to just get them to back off…

“ENOUGH!” Finally having enough of the chicken squabble going on this early in the morning, Cat placed a hand on her hip and glared at the mini mob. “He’s taking me to the prom. Do you honestly think he wouldn’t? Now if you don’t mind Miss get off my foot.” Glaring at the brunette, then the rest of the bunch; she pushed her way towards her brother figure and hooked her arm through his, leading them away to pick up their schedules.

“You owe me Beck. And if I find out a nice guy didn’t ask me out because he thought I was taken by you, I will personally make sure you suffer night and day for it.”

LunaTwilight
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pons on Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:08 am

Laying in his bed with the alarm buzzing, Grant whined as his paw smacked against the off button several times. He preferred sleeping in his wolf form, he felt more at ease when in it. Scampering out of his room with his towel clutched in his mouth, he ran down the hall hoping that he would be the first person to use the bathroom. Sadly this was not the case as one of the Clan had beaten him to the punch with the sound of running water filling his ears, laying down by the side of the door he simply waited until whoever was in there to finish and prayed that he wouldn't be late for the first day of school...

Well that prayer had failed miserably with three minutes until class started and Grant was just getting onto school grounds. He ended up passing by Beck and Cathleen who seemed to be getting mobbed yet again by giddy girls near the announcement board. Quickly snatching his schedule as he headed back out into the hall he heard Cathleen's outcry making him flinch. He made a quick mental note to never piss her off this early in the morning. Glancing down at his schedule he had... Advanced History.

Crap! That's halfway across the school.

Running like a madman to get to the class, the bell went off as he turned the final corner. As Grant headed into the doorway the teacher must have not seen him because he slammed the door shut right onto Grant's hand. Wincing slightly, Grant walked into the classroom and looked for a open seat near someone he knew.

Pons
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Felicity on Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:12 am

Sapphire James Martin truly had no idea what she was doing at Nightside High.
It was her first year, and honestly she felt as though she stood out like a sore thumb.
I can't do this.. Sapphire moaned inwardly, dodging a group of blonde girls passing though the hall. Vaguely, she heard one of them exclaim, "Beck Walsh! Oh my God, I knew he could do it! I knew he was going to make captain!"
Sapphire froze when the group of girls came to a stop and turned to her.
"Uhm...what are you?" One of the girls asked, narrowing her eyes at Sapphire looking at her like she was something growing underneath her feet.
Instantly, Sapphire's face flared and she was unable to look the girl in the eye.
"Wow, fresh meat." Another girl laughed, swiping Sapphire's brown locks tauntingly.
"You have no idea what you're doing here do you? What school did you go to again?" the first girl said. It seemed to be the leader of the bunch.
"Shanecraw." Sapphire mumbled, barely a whisper. Instantly the group of girls began to boo.
"Oh so you're a Shanecrawian." The leader spat, distastefully. "No wonder you're so...different."
I going to kill Mom and Kalvin for making me come here.
Suddenly, the girl on the the Leader's right sniffed the air. To outside viewers, the gesture might have been strange but Sapphire knew exactly what she was doing.
"Yuck. Definitely human, except...why does it smell like us?" the girl pondered, her eyes knit together in a confused expression.
Before Sapphire could explain, the Leader screamed. "Girls! It's Beck! Let's all go greet him shall we?"
The group of girls raced off before Sapphire could say a word. She turned her head to the object of their infatuations. There stood a tall boy with what seemed like a girl riding his back. Sapphire cocked her head to the side, sighed with relief, and silently thanked whoever they were.
At least they're gone...for now.

Sapphire made her way to the office, and was greeted by a old woman.
"Name please?" She asked.
"Sapphire James Martin." Sapphire replied.
"Martin...you aren't Cam's little sister are you?" the woman gasped, eyeing her computer than eyeing Sapphire.
Sapphire blushed at the shocked reaction.
"Y-Yes. He graduated a few years ago, he's in University now."
"My, my! What an honor. He was one of our top students, you know." she exclaimed, a grin spreading over her face.
He was also a werewolf...
Sapphire only smiled in return, the earlier comment from the group of girls ripping through her head.

'Yuck. Definitely human, except...why does it smell like us?'

When Sapphire finally exited the office she took a deep breath and looked down at her schedule.
AP Calculus...great...
Sapphire only hoped that she'd be able to sail through the first day without being noticed.
Last edited by Felicity on Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Until your good is better, and your better is best.

Felicity
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Candle on Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:58 am

✐School✎

"You know, studying magic, summer homework, the usual now I have to find my next class,"Meadow looked at his schedule, and sighed,"Advanced History. Fun right?" He said sarcastically. He looked over Leyanah's shoulder and saw Beck come in with Cathleen on his back, he was already being stalked by his normal stalkers, and Cathleen was already angered by it."Things just never change. Well I got to go, school time," Meadow said passing her, trying to find his class," maybe we could get the gang back together after school today, you know, like the good old days!" Meadow smiled at Leyanah and begun to jog trying not to be late to class.

I finally found the classroom being welcomed by what seemed to be an intensely happy-go-lucky teacher, which was just false advertisement. She would probably be a sweetheart, but her homework and teaching method would be the exact opposite. I gave her my schedule and smiled, she signed it, then immediately started talking about the Magna Carta. Then I started to talk about King John, our conversation somehow escalated to us talking about her personal life, and her collection of dog stamps. Dog stamps? This was my cue to find a seat.

The bell rang just as I was looking for a seat, but most of the seats were full. I had the choice to sit in the back by a boy who was picking his nose, examining whatever he pulled out, or next to Laelia, a new vampire. I smiled at her, but then I realized that meant that I was going to be sitting in front of Grant. Grant!? What is he doing in Advanced History!? I didn't know that he had any advanced classes. I tried not to get nervous, knowing that they could sense emotion, then the vampire would know that my heart rate would be getting faster, and notice my blood pumping more. Oh great, what am I getting myself into?

"Hey Laelia, you probably don't know me that well, I'm Meadow," Meadow then turned around then nodded at Grant,"h-hey Grant. How have you been?" Though there wasn't that much time for small talk. The teacher caught their attention as she begun to right her name down on the board. Ms.Steinborne, the collector of dog stamps. She was a nice teacher, although her work was rather difficult, Meadow shouldn't have any trouble in the class itself, it was just how packed the class was, he knew it must have been hard on Grant and Laelia, with their uniqueness and all."Lets get started, shall well?" Ms. Steinborne said in an excited tone.

Candle
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pons on Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:55 pm

Glancing around the classroom Grant grumbled to himself, all the seats were taken except one near a kid who reeked of B.O and a few near the new coven addition. Though Grant didn't actually know her name he had seen her around town from time to time. He decided to save his nose from the stenches of adolescence and sat down behind the girl, next to a open window.

"h-hey Grant. How have you been?"

Grant glanced up from grabbing his notebook to see Meadow sitting in front of him. Sensing the kid's nervousness "Good," leaning in a bit closer to Meadow " and dude you can relax, I don't bite. Did you have a nice summer?" he said with a smile on his face. Meadow was one of the few humans who knew about his true identity and he seemed like a nice enough guy. At least this class gave them a reason to talk to each other more.

"Let's get started, shall well?" Ms. Steinborne called out. "I always find that doing introductions helps me learn your names so let's start with you in the back" Pointing to Grant, "just say your full name and something interesting about yourself." Slowly standing up Grant began talking.
"Hi my name is Grant Wispin and something interesting about me is...."

Something interesting... well there is the fact that I technically am not human or that I can smell what some ate for breakfast the day before but there is no way I can say that. Quick think of something, anything.

"that I can sing the entire soundtracks of the Pocahontas and Beauty and the Beast from memory."

Please tell me that I did not just say that out loud.

The whole class burst into laughter and Grant quickly sat down trying not to draw any more attention to himself his face turning slightly red from embarrassment."Well" Ms. Steinborne said with a slight pause "that is quite interesting, thank you Grant. Now who's next?"

Pons
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mirrazor on Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:16 pm

"Hey Laelia, you probably don't know me that well, I'm Meadow,"
Wonderful. Friends.
She gave the slightest acknowledgement of his existence with a quick glance and a tilt of the head, but then returned to watching the clock.

The class began to fill in, more and more students piling through the door, eager to meet their new teacher. When they had all settled, and all the seats had filled up, the teacher introduced herself, quickly took role and then spoke.
"Let's get started, shall we?"

She wanted to learn about the students by having them introduce themselves. How original. Laelia had almost dozed off into a daydream, only to be shaken back to reality by the laughter of the class. Apparently the boy behind her had said something funny, but she had missed it.

"That is quite interesting, thank you Grant. Now who's next? How about something interesting about you?" Ms. Steinborne said, looking around for a moment, and then resting her eyes on Laelia.
I'm a 1900 year old vampire who used to kill people for Hadrian. You'd know all about him.
She stood up.
"My name is Laelia Tenebrae..."
She paused for a moment.
"...And I can't do anything as interesting as Grant here..."
"I'm sure you have something special about you..." Ms. Steinborne replied, sounding almost irritated.
"Uhm. I like Red. Can I sit down now?"
"Ugh...are you sure there isn't something more interesting?" The teacher returned.
"I'm pretty sure" Laelia said.
"Then sit"
She sat back down abruptly in her seat, and returned to fruitless attempts at dozing off, but the class proved to be too clamorous, so she sat back in her seat and uncomfortably waited for everyone to spill their comedic masterpieces to Ms. Steinborne.

Mirrazor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Candle on Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:26 pm

Damn it! It was no use, I couldn't hide anything from werewolves nor vampires. Ms. Steinborne begun to call people to get personal information out of them, sounded like a reasonable way to begin the school year. Grant was first, of course he was going to say something to make the class start laughing. I couldn't help but to smile and shake my head. She called at random, till she was just down to Laelia and I. Oh man, here I go.

"I'm Meadow Bainesford, my friends call me Meme-," He said standing up, pulling a pencil out his pocket and putting it behind his ear. He paused, then smiled,"and I actually did my summer homework."He could hear a few kids around him say things like 'shit','damn','oh god', and his favorite 'SNAP'. He sat down he could hear a few kids around him starting to talk. One of the kids said "dude, I had that kid in one of my classes last year, he's a complete teachers pet. I don't think he failed one assignment we had". Meadow couldn't help but to smile as he pulled out a stack of papers with small cursive handwriting."Yeah? Well I heard his parents didn't want him anymore so they sent him here to live with his crazy grandmother-"

Meadow quickly looked over to the guy who said that, his eyes turned a pale gray only for a moment. The boys chair begun to shake a little, then one of the legs broke off sending the boy falling over hitting the floor. Everyone got out their seats to see what was wrong. Everyone besides Meadow."Oh my goodness are you okay?" One of the girls asked. The boy just got up and nodded,"Yeah, I think the chair must have already been broken or something." Meadows breathing got a little heavy, and the lights started to flicker."Mrs.Steinborne, may I go to the restroom?" Meadow asked her quickly, getting from out of his seat, handing her the stack of papers."Thank you."

He quickly walked to the nearest restroom, lights flickering above him, and lockers rattling. He found the restroom and walked in, looking at himself in the mirror breathing hard. He washed his face with cold running water."It was an accident."He said softly, he tried to fight back the tears, the mirror cracked.

A few years ago, I lived with my parents in Texas. I was thirteen then, and I was just showing magical signs. Levitating from my bed, weird dreams, and things breaking when I got upset. Of course I was scared, I researched as much as I could. Though I couldn't find anything. One night, I was having a the strangest dream...I was floating in the dark, just suspending without a care in the world, but then my mom walked in the room to find me actually levitated off of my bed and she screamed. I was startled when I heard her, and I guess it triggered something in me. My nightstand quickly levitated floating towards her quickly, and threw her against the wall. My father quickly ran to see what happened,'Look at what you've done.' he yelled at me. After that, my mom was hospitalized for a couple months. They didn't know what to do about me or how to handle it my condition, so they made me move in with my grandmother. I don't hate my grandmother, shes an experienced witch, she taught me how to make potions...it's just that, the way they would look at me, with such fear. Like I was a monster...
Last edited by Candle on Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Candle
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CortezHorse on Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:01 pm

Beck smiled down at Cat when she said he owed her. "I'm taking you to prom apparently, isn't that a big enough reward?" He chuckled and walked with her quickly snagging their schedules. "I promise you'll find some guy to go with, I won't get in the way." Peeking over her shoulder he sneered at the class she had. "Advanced history hm?" Looking down at his there wasn't a single advanced class, in fact a few were remedial. It didn't bother him at all but the fact that Cat actually took some of his remedial classes with him JUST so she could help upset him at times. He hated she was holding herself just because he couldn't divide but telling her no was like sticking your hand into a pit of snakes, so he let her do as she pleased. "Well, my first class is math so I think I'll just you know, get my barings and then go to my next period." Decoded that meant he was going to skip math and he gave her a quick hug, hurrying off before she could object and force him to go.

Taking hiding in the bathroom, he leaned against the wall and looked around. "I've got to find a new place to spend my time when I skip." Someone darted into the restroom abruptly and Beck's eyes darted to them, Meadow. He looked really upset, so much so he didn't even realize Beck was in there with him. The mirror cracked and Beck's brows rose in surprise, he was certainly upset. Approaching slowly, he didn't want to surprise him and risk getting chunked into a wall by the boy's power, he laid his hand on his shoulder. "You ok?"

CortezHorse
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LunaTwilight on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:03 pm

Cat glared at Beck and gave him a good kick in the leg. “That’s not a reward, that’s creepy!” Taking her schedule, she quickly glanced over it to make sure they did put her in the classes along with Beck. An odd request considering her grades, but they had no problem with the schedule change to help their football captain…go figure… Looking back at the top of her schedule, her jaw dropped just as Beck read the first class on it. “What?!? They have got to be kidding…. I’m terrible remembering dates and names!” Silently panicking, Cat tried to find a way out of it only to hear Beck’s statement and receiving a quick hug before he turned tail down the hall. “You… BECK! Get your tail to class!” With a sigh of defeat, she knew full well that he wouldn’t go anywhere near that classroom unless she dragged him there.

Running down the hall, Cat finally found the Advanced History classroom and walked in completely and utterly late. With a quick glance around the room and seeing the teacher occupied with a kid in the floor with a broken seat, Cat smiled at the opportunity. Silently closing the door behind her, she quietly started to make a wide circle around the teacher towards a seat in the back. With her goal in sight, Cat couldn’t believe she was actually going to pull off sneaking in…until she heard the recognizable tap of a heel and “Ahem!” behind her. Closing her eyes in defeat and taking a deep breath as she turned around, Cat was greeted with an overly enthused looking teacher. “Well then, glad you found the time to join us; I hope this will not be our usual greeting. Now before you take your seat, please join the rest of the class in introducing yourself with your full name and something interesting about yourself.” Inwardly groaning, Cat stood straighter with a smile. “My name is Cathleen Saunders, please call me Cat. And…”

And my best friend is a werewolf who is like a brother, you know, the football captain Beck Walsh. And I live in a manor with a pack of werewolves. Yep, that place is full of ‘em.

“And I can’t see over the steering wheel of a car.” Quickly turning to take her seat, Cat really didn’t care what the class reaction was or what she just said as long as she could get it done and over with. “Well…alright then…” The teacher giving Cat an odd look, she continued on with the desk situation leaving Cat to wonder what in the world happened. Glancing around she caught sight of Grant and who she thought Beck said was the new vampire; giving both a smile, Cat pulled out her notebook and fumed over whether she should drag Beck to his class or not.

LunaTwilight
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Felicity on Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:28 pm

Sapphire entered the class 15 minutes late, silently cursing her luck.
So much for staying unnoticed. How the heck does someone mess up on a times-table!?
She entered the classroom mid-sentence of the teacher. When the teacher noticed her late arrival, she lifted her eyebrows, making Sapphire's face flare uncontrollably.
"S-sorry, the schedule...was wrong." she stammered, trying to avoid the rest of the class' stares.
"Alright, why don't you take a free seat somewhere?' The teacher replied kindly. "Are you a new student here?"
"Uh yes." Sapphire replied quickly taking a seat randomly.
The teacher then quickly explained the exercise they were all doing.
"So...how about you?" The teacher known as Ms. Steinborne asked surveying Sapphire.
Great....
"Well, I'm Sapphire Martin." Sapphire began timidly, eyeing the classroom.
Thank God, nobody was here long enough to know who Cam Martin was.
She noticed a small looking girl smile at her warmly, and to her left was a bored looking girl looking out the window.
"And...something interesting?" Ms. Steinborne asked, crossing her arms impatiently.

My brother's a werewolf? My dad died three years ago? I come from your rival school?

"Well...I fence." She finally stated, immediately sitting down.
"That's interesting, thank you." Ms. Steinborne replied clapping her hands together.
Sapphire sighed with relief once the inquisition was over and slumped into her chair.

God Cam I really wish you were here...
Last edited by Felicity on Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Felicity
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Candle on Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:21 pm

I hated thinking about what happen all those years ago,memories that should be well forgotten. This is why the made me come to Port Angeles, to start over new. So I wouldn't be in out cast in the family. I was comforted by a hand on my shoulder, which quickly caused me to turn around. It was Beck, this calmed me down immediately. I didn't really understand why everyone was always so infatuated with him Yes he is attractive, but I guess since I've known him from a while, I've gotten use to all his habits, and actually got to know who was under the skin...the wolf inside. To me he was always be like family, I understood why Cathleen felt comfortable around him, he's so caring, and respectable.

The lights above Meadow stopped flickering when he saw Becks face, he took in a deep breath,"Yeah, it's just, people bringing back bad memories." Meadow said with awkward pauses and rather choppy. People like Cathleen and Beck who knew Meadow well would know exactly what he meant when he said 'bad memories'.It's like I try so hard to forget, but something always takes me back, and-"Meadow squeezed his eye lids tight together trying not to think about his parents and the lights started to flicker again,"Damn it! I've got to stop." The mirror on the wall begun to crack a little more. Meadow had a good hold over his powers, but they could be linked to his emotions if they were strong enough.

Candle
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CortezHorse on Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:46 pm

Beck looked towards the glass as it cracked even more, he'd break the entire mirror if he didn't calm down soon. He had reason to be upset because Beck knew what bad memories he was talking about. If he'd only been there and seen who had brought back these memories they wouldn't dare open their mouths around Meadow again after Beck was through with em. At times like these he wished he was better at talking to people, words weren't exaclty his strong suit. "We've talked about this before. Past is past, you're here with us now and you're standin next to a guy who turns into a big hairy dog so you aren't the strangest thing in the room." Smirking, he hugged Meadow to his side then pat his back roughly, of course not meaning to. "We're your family now so uh, you know you think of what ya got now when those bad memories stir up. So, you gonna be ok? I mean if not you know you just tell me who upset you and I'll deal with it." He said in an utterly serious tone, he was most certainly not a violence first person but he had the weight to throw around and he knew it.

CortezHorse
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mirrazor on Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:26 am

Laelia sighed as yet another new girl walked into the room, this one blonde. She was an inch taller than Laelia, but weighed a considerable amount less. Laelia guessed about 15 or 20 pounds less. She was good looking, and she dressed relatively fashionably. She seemed very nervous, her heart beating at an elevated rate and she stuttered on some of her words.
Laelia looked over as she sat down. The girl was slumped in her chair, and she let out a sigh of relief when she thought no one was looking. She was obviously unsure of the new school.
She needs a friend.
Laelia felt an uncontrollable urge to be nice to this girl, as much as she didn't even want to talk to her. Sometimes she hated being fun sometimes. Sometimes, it was just dandy. Nevertheless, she tried to find something else to occupy her mind. She turned around and looked at Grant, who was still a bit red from his outburst. From a distance it must of looked weird, Laelia twisting around in her seat to look at Grant. She didn't really care about subtlety.
"How are you?" She said all of a sudden. She had her head tilted to the side just a bit, her mouth was situated in a perfect flat state, and her eyes looked as if they were gazing into Grant, instead of at him. She sensed something special about him, she just couldn't put her finger on it. She sensed something similar about Sapphire, though on a much fainter level.
((OOC She's new so she might have seen you around, and she knows there are werewolves, but she's only met the vampires and she only knows who they are))

It had been a few seconds, but she continued to stare at him, waiting for him to respond.

Mirrazor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Candle on Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:04 am

Meadow couldn't help but to smile as Beck tried to cheer him up. Meadow did the most healthest thing for himself right now, even though he wasn't crying, he let the bundled up tears roll down his cheeks as Beck gave him a hug, though the pat on the back made him cough a little. Meadow wiped his eyes with the sleeves of his sweater and took another deep breath. The flickering stopped,"Thanks Beck, you're a good guy. I can't have you beating up any old kid, not only do you have a reputation, but you have to take us to the championship." Meadow put his hand on Becks shoulder,"But again, thank you. This meant a lot to me. Now, time to go back to class before Ms.Doggy Stamps sniffs me out." Meadow wrapped his arms around Beck once more, then exited the bathroom, returning to class.

"We're your family now."

Words that will forever be carved into my brain. It is true, the clan and coven are like a family to me. Even though I get the feeling most of the vampires don't neccicarrily like me but we manage. I'm still human, and I am still seen as a peice of meat to some vampires and werewolves. I should always be careful around them, but It's just so easy to let my guard down...around my family.

He made it back to the classroom smiling and nodding his head at the teacher. The boy who had the broken desk leg was sitting in the back next to the boy who was still picking his nose. Meadow set back down in his seat in front of Grant. He looked over and saw Cathleen, his eyes widened and a bright smile crossed his face,"Awesome, so we get another class together huh?" He asked happily.

Candle
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:26 pm

(Provided it is okay, I'm going to skip a bit, so I can catch up.)

Leyanah groaned as she listened to the class prattle on and on about themselves, her own turn soon approaching, and she honestly didn't care. The newer students on the other side of the classroom somewhat interested her, but not the ones she had known for...quite some time now. She looked up at the ceiling, and wondered when the actual class would start. She hoped that they would start somewhere interesting. Preferably with a war. She snapped back to reality, when she heard her name be called. She causually stood up. "I'm Leyanah, an' most of you know me; nothin' new. I like guns, martial arts and..." She said, before she was interrupted by a husky boy sitting two desks behind her.
"And making out with other girls in the back of the auditorium?" He said, rousing a mild roar of laughter. Leyanah turned and gave the boy a skeptic look. "Cool it, chunky. It's not yo' turn yet. Now shush, 'fore I knock th' jelly from them rolls." She said, again laughter somewhat was shared throughout the classroom.
"That's plenty, Leyanah, thank you." Ms. Steinborne said, seeming a little eager to move the class away from the subject. "Next?"

Leyanah sighed, and plopped back down in her seat, reaching to her knapsack, and pulling out pencil and paper, zoning out somewhat waiting for the class to start. Her eyes again drifted over to the newer students, "Laelia" in particular....

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pons on Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:00 pm

"How are you?"

Grant having covered his head in shame for the last couple of minutes looked up to see the new coven addition staring at him quite intensively.

What was her name again Leah, Leslie, Leila. Damn it! she just said it a few minutes ago

"Umm, ok I guess other than having a pretty crappy first day back. What about you.." Grant said with a slight pause.
Laelia! That's it!
"Laelia, your new here aren't you? If you need help with anything let me... " he trailed off, smelling something in the air. It was coming from the other new girl, the one who had come in late.

She has the scent of a werewolf, but she seems human. I had better talk to her before one of the less sociable pack members find her. Maybe Cathleen could help me with this..

"know." he said after a good ten seconds. Shaking his head "Sorry, I just thought of something I forgot to do this morning. One second..."Grabbing his cell, Grant quickly sent a text to Cathleen asking her for help after class.
"Sorry about that, so what's your schedule like?" he said focusing back on Laelia.

Pons
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!