Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Calisma {lit+}

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Calisma {lit+}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:23 pm

What?
Calisma is a guided, literate roleplay of the medieval fantasy genre. It will be an active roleplay with a limited number of characters that will be selected on an "as fits" basis to attempt to ensure both long term and strong character dynamics. We have been opened for five months and are seeking additional members to our team. Intimidated by 250+ posts? Don't worry, I've summarized the story thus far to help make assimilation seamless. Have a unique, awesome idea you think will add to the plot line or questing party? Please, feel free to share!

Synopsis?
In a realm born from chaos one man has united the masses and regulated magic. Now, thirty-two years later, the First King has fallen gravely ill. With no cure at hand, and the world on the brink of chaos once more, a band of adventures have decided to seek out an item of legend thought to be able to heal anyone. Does it exist? Are they working for the greater good, or does each have their own agenda? Will they succeed?

Rules?
As well as the common rules for roleplaying there are a few additional ones that you will be expected to uphold:

- Minimum 300 words per post.
- Post at least once per week.
- Please, no anime pictures.
- Adult characters.
- Use bold to denote speaking and italics to denote thinking.
- Write in third person past tense.
- Magic is reserved for Mages, etc.
- Clerics channel divine will.
- Witch Doctors use ritual, Sorcerers(esses) use phylacteries.
- Please avoid characters who have lost everything, are royalty, etc. Flaws add interest.
- Calisma is primarily Human. If you are something else, you will be ostracized. Humans are strongly preferred.

Please feel free to make suggestions for new characters classes, plot lines or twists, or world building either in the OOC thread or via PM. If for some reason you feel you should be an exception to one of the above rules please contact Modesty in private.

Active Classes
First Prince - Modesty
The only living son and heir to the throne.
Warrior - Celedia
A rough and tumble fighter, well-versed in the art of war.
Ranger – Something? & conor
Familiar with rough terrain and wilderness. A survivalist.
Mage – percy book nerd2 & tainted twinkee
A certified magic user with a seal from the Guild.
Rogue – Flieslikeabrick & KuroRyu
Versatile and stealthy, a person of opportunity.
Bard – Slcam
A traveller with a love of arts and knowledge, with a gift for song and gab.
Monk - Deallo
A morally strict person committed to their beliefs.
Paladin – Nicolbaka & Romaneck
A holy knight crusading for their God and King.
Sorcerer(ess) - MaxStokes
A dark magic user, who works outside of the guild and enslaves demons to their will.
Witch Doctor - Tainted Twinkee
A tribal magic user that binds creepy crawlies and the undead to their control through rituals.
Cleric – Celedia
A healer gifted with divine light from their chosen Gods.
Druid - I'mLeavingNow.
A communicator with nature; beast and tree alike.
Shaman - Relics_of_Auir
Someone who is guided by spirits and can evoke their will.

Open Classes
-currently none-
*duplicates may be accepted depending on the character

_________
Begin Questing
_________
Last edited by Modesty on Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:20 am, edited 6 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Modesty
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver

Re: Calisma {new classes, limited space!}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:12 pm

A rare opportunity to join a thriving, long-term roleplay full of great players. (Really, I lucked out, they're all awesome!)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Modesty
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:21 pm

We are still seeking a couple new members with stress placed on the sorcerer and witch doctor classes. :)

Modesty
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:26 am

I am pleased to announce that we have filled the Witch Doctor, Cleric and Sorcerer class with the Druid currently going through an editing phase. With that said, I would be happy to review characters submitted for any class that is not already duplicated as I am willing to have up to two characters per class.

Have an idea for a new class? I'd love to hear it!

Happy hunting everyone. =)

Modesty
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:21 am

We are currently seeking out a Shaman due to the inactivity of one of our players, and can provide you with a seamless entrance into our established roleplay on acceptance of your character!

Other class duplicates may be accepted for Warrior, Bard, Monk, Sorcerer(ess), Witch Doctor, Cleric, & Druid classes, character depending.

Modesty
Member for 12 years

Re: Calisma {seeking shaman}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Adantas on Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:27 pm

Hey!

I'm quite interested and I'm currently writing up a character for the Shaman!
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.

Adantas
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: Calisma {seeking shaman}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:20 am

Thank you for the interest, I look forward to reading it! :)

Modesty
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!