Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Cartwright Falls A Psychological Horror Story

a part of “Cartwright Falls A Psychological Horror Story”, a fictional universe by Bosch.

Set in 1991 the story is about a murder in a small mountain community and the dark forces that caused it. Expect dark themes, character development and Investigation. The theme is Supernatural realism so imagine things like Lost, Twin Peaks, Alan Wake.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Cartwright Falls A Psychological Horror Story”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:48 am

"Cartwright Falls- A Psychological Horror Story"

Welcome.

Getting to grips with the system so please point out any over sights I may have made.

Of course ask many questions.

Your Pal Bosch.
Last edited by Bosch on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Bosch
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Cartwright Falls- A Psychological Horror Stor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TaniaSoulEater on Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:54 am

What kind of characters are you looking for? For example, the sheriff, the sheriff's daughter and her boyfriend who have been behaving strangely recently, and so on.
This is a story about two boys
The taller one has a gun tucked into his waistband
He thinks the bullets are meant for him.
The older one has a record player in his head
He sings along to the same five songs.
They know each other
Down to the colour of blood
And the sound of bones breaking.
But they are strangers.
The one with the gun keeps forgetting the words
And the boy with the music won't let him shoot.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TaniaSoulEater
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Cartwright Falls A Psychological Horror Story

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:18 am

We need an FBI agent, a sheriff and deputies and towns people. If it makes sense in the setting I’ll consider anything.

While there is a high school this is not a High school RP. I see that location being used to interview the high school kids then sporadically at best. That's not to say teens are a bad choice after all the victims are students.

Bosch
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TaniaSoulEater on Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:25 am

Well. How about Julian's sister?

TaniaSoulEater
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:31 am

Good choice. I recommend making her older or the same age as Julian.

Bosch
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TaniaSoulEater on Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:35 am

Twin sister, then?

TaniaSoulEater
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:43 am

Yeah sure that's fine. Looking forward to the CS.

Bosch
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TaniaSoulEater on Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:50 am

Unfortunately I have to go now, I'll submit the CS ASAP tomorrow. Sorry.

TaniaSoulEater
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:59 am

No worries. Take your time with it No rush.

Bosch
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaname_Takashi on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:49 am

Sounnds interesting, I was thinking of making a newbie deputy who joined the department recently. And if you need I can make another character, I like to be gender equal when I can.

Kaname_Takashi
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:53 am

Your call, I'm happy to consider all CS's. Of course a Deputy can be either gender and the 5-0 are very important to this RP. All I ask is you don't bite off too much with multiple characters RPer fatigue can kill an RP dead.

Bosch
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby madnesschihuahua on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:55 am

Sounds extremely interesting... you were talking earlier about someone making a high school character, which is fitting because the victims are students. I'd love to do that. One problem to work around, though, would be that s/he would actually have to go to school, but there are ways.

madnesschihuahua
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaname_Takashi on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:57 am

Lol, I usually play multiple characters, mostly because no one signs up for some of them and we need to fill spots to start haha. But I can start off with one for now, no need to push it if people are joining. Uhm...I have school right now so I'll make a CS when I get home later on today.

Kaname_Takashi
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:03 am

Thank you I reckon this could work really well.

I want to avoid turning this into a High school based RP. Cartwright is pretty blue collar and I reckon a lot of young people probably drop out of school early.

On the other hand if we get a lot of people the forum system set up here would allow for a High school plot to be running concurrently. I love this forum set up it seems so flexible.

Anyway I look forward to seeing the "cast".

Bosch
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:05 am

Kaname_Takashi wrote:Lol, I usually play multiple characters, mostly because no one signs up for some of them and we need to fill spots to start haha. But I can start off with one for now, no need to push it if people are joining. Uhm...I have school right now so I'll make a CS when I get home later on today.

If that's how you normally play then ok. No rush on the CS's if we get under way around Thursday or Friday I reckon we'll be in pretty good shape.

Bosch
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Erik7622 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:36 am

You have my interest. I'll submit a character sheet for a given law enforcement person in a day or so. Advance warning, it might borrow heavily from another character of mine for an RP that has yet to take off, and might never do so.

Erik7622
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:36 am

No problem, it'll be new to me.

Bosch
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Erik7622 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:17 pm

Ooh, second question. Are we allowed to expand on the profile? I might want to include my character's equipment (I will be very careful to keep it accurate).

Erik7622
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:11 pm

Yeah sure that will be fine. Just make sure they are applicable to the era and setting.

Bosch
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Erik7622 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:37 pm

Profile submitted! He's one of the two FBI agents. I can fill in details of his relationship when the other agent's player submits a profile. I tried to play it safe on the guns, but if you want something changed, let me know! Or if the face-claim doesn't work well; it's Peter Cushing.

Erik7622
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!