Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Chaos: A Batman RP

a topic in Movies & Film, a part of the RPG forum.

For roleplay based on movies or other film media.

Chaos: A Batman RP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HarleyPudding on Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:26 pm

((I moved this to the OOC joining section. I didn't realize they had one. I guess that's what happens when you're a newb. No flames! *ducks* This will be used for IC posting in the future, but if you want to post your template here feel free))

(this is leaning slightly towards Nolanverse, but feel free to use the comic or the various TV canons. You can be a canon character, or create a new one. Your choice.)

With the Joker safely behind Plexiglass and snugly in a straightjacket at Arkham, and Batman constantly fleeing the police, criminals are looking to fill the Joker's large shoes as City's Most Deranged and land themselves at the tippy top of the food chain of Gotham's Underworld. Batman still patrols nightly, but with his ruined reputation, he must be much more cautious. Gotham Police Department is looking for his head on a platter, so crime in Gotham has become ten times frequenter since the Harvey Dent debacle. Rumors are flying around that the Joker is planning an escape attempt, and he's not alone. Someone is helping him, and the cops think he or she may be a patient or staff member at Arkham Asylum itself. Jim Gordon is under never-ending scrutiny by his peers, thanks to his past relationship with Batman, and to top it all of, there's a new kid in town named the Riddler running rampant on the city's streets. Chaos has swallowed Gotham whole, and it's up to Batman and his alliances to bring the city back together again. Can they do it, or will the villains plunge Gotham into anarchy once and for all?

Template:

Name:
Description:
Personality:
Abilities (if any):
Alliance (good or evil or somewhere in between):
Other:

My Temp:

Name: Dr. Harleen Quinzel, also known as Harley Quinn
Description: http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-con ... rtwork.jpg
Personality: Serious, hard-working, smart, dedicated (OR bubbly, looney, silly, ditzy, dopey, and totally smitten with her man)
Abilities: Sharp mind (OR unnatural strength, and uncanny gymnastics ability)
Alliance: Good (OR evil)
Other: Dr. Quinzel is a psychiatrist at Arkham Asylum. To the public eye she's a fresh-faced, bright, eager young girl with a love for psychiatry. She began treating her first patient, a man who calls himself the Joker, four months ago, and has since been commemorated for making excellent progress with him.
Little do they know... she's also making progress of a completely different kind...
Last edited by HarleyPudding on Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

HarleyPudding
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Chaos: A Batman RP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:32 pm

Can I reserve a villian spot?
If you can't read this, you probably need glasses!!!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HarleyPudding on Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:33 pm

Sure! Which one?

HarleyPudding
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:34 pm

Can I be the Joker?!?!?

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HarleyPudding on Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:35 pm

Yes! Can you give me a template, just so I know your writing style?

HarleyPudding
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:00 pm

Name: The Joker
Description: Image
Personality: The Joker is portrayed as highly intelligent and skilled in the fields of chemistry and engineering, as well an expert with explosives, very computer literate,
Abilities (if any): The Joker commits crimes with comedic weapons such as a deck of razor-sharp playing cards, an acid-spewing flower, cyanide pies, exploding cigars filled with nitroglycerin, harpoon guns that utilize razor-sharp BANG!-flags, and a lethally electric joy buzzer. His most prominent weapon is his Joker venom, a deadly poison that infects his victims with a ghoulish rictus grin as they die while laughing uncontrollably. The venom comes in many forms, from gas to darts to liquid poison, and has been his primary calling card from his first appearance. The Joker is immune to his venom.
Alliance (good or evil or somewhere in between): Evil
Other: He is locked up in Arkham Asylum at the moment, but is planning an escape so he can see his favorite city again. He might even get to see Bats!

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HarleyPudding on Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:29 pm

Excellent!

HarleyPudding
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:36 am

*pokes*

What about mee? *whines*

lol.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HarleyPudding on Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:46 am

((I'm beginning. Please put any OOC questions or comments in brackets like this from here on out.))

Click clack click clack click clack.

The sound of Harleen’s black stilettos striking the floor echoed around the empty hallway as she made her way to her noon appointment. The beat her shoes created as she walked reminded her of a song she had heard on the radio that morning; she hummed it happily as she made her way to the best part of her day. Her stride was quick, business-like, her expression professional… but inside she was as giddy as a schoolgirl.

She paused in front of the door to the treatment room, taking two deep breaths to calm her whizzing nerves. It always made her excited to know that she was about to see him.

Setting her mouth in a thin line, and pushing all irrational thoughts from her head (for the moment at least) she effortlessly pushed open the door. She greeted the guards standing on either side of her patient with curt nods. She did not acknowledge him at all. She did, however, chance a quick glance his way. As usual, his wrists and ankles were shackled and chained to a chair bolted to the floor.

“You boys can leave,” she said, addressing his two guards. She held the door open for them and stood aside.

They each responded with a “Yes M’am, Doctor Quinzel”, and did as they were told. She spent extra time closing the door behind them, making sure it wouldn’t slam. She hated the sound of doors slamming. She kept her back to the table, and its occupant, and waited for the tiny click sound to indicate the door had locked itself. She waited two beats before turning around.

Slowly, she approached the chair opposite the Joker, smoothed her black pencil skirt, and sat across from him. She held her serious façade just a moment longer before breaking into a grin and leaning forward, as though she were whispering a great secret in the middle of a crowded room.

“I got what you wanted, Puddin’,” she said, beaming. Her voice was an octave higher than usual. “It wasn’t easy, but I did it! Just like you told me.” She reached into her white lab coat and produced a small handcuff key.

HarleyPudding
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BoyKagome on Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:02 pm

Crane situated himself in a professional manor despite how erratic his patient was being. While bound in a straight jacket Edward Solivan was thrashing about wildly, trying to get loose in tight jerks in different directions rearing himself one way and then the other.

With a small sigh he'd pluck his extra pair of optics from his face giving a quick light breath into both lenses deciding to just let Edward ware himself down. Using a small handkerchief Crane would rub at the carbon that he'd just expelled until the glasses took on a clear transparency again. Leaning his head down both legs were guided to nest around his ears aligning his posture again as his middle finger pushed them onto his nose bridge. A slight tilt of his wrist would allow the watch on his hand to reveal that Edward had been at this rampage for around 6 minutes. Jonathan just stared at him like there was a piece of Plexiglas between them and this was some caged animal that could be poked and prodded from outside its cage. " I'd just like to remind you Mr. Solivan that your time started when I entered the room. The less you talk to me, the less I have to say to the front of the court. I wont be able to call you safe for society unless you show dramatic improvement. That would be unfortunate considering your father is really looking forward to the time when you can return home."

Truth be told Crane was being paid extra money to progress this kid along by his father. Their family name was damaged when Edward was deemed legally insane and they needed him released again into their custody. At this rate Crane was certain it'd take another year at least. Nothing he said was really getting through to him, Jonathan had to serve as a form of adult figure looking down on a child. That did seem odd though, there ages were only a mere 3 years apart.

BoyKagome
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HarleyPudding on Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:10 am

((where is everyone? Please, people, at least be able to post once a day, or this RP will go absolutely nowhere!))

HarleyPudding
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:10 am

OOC: Mm...I might bring in canon Raven later. Right now, I sort of just want to bring in an original I've done for a while. I'll attach a profile to the end of this post.

IC:

Gotham had descended into madness since Jack had left it.

It's former hero, the Batman, was driven into seclusion on the run from the authorities. A few freaks had reared their ugly heads--crime rates were largely on the rise. Gotham was turning into a breeding ground for the poor disillusioned who called themselves.. 'villains..'

Twenty-seven years ago, that breeding ground had brought forth Jack Calumet--the Ignitor.

He had gotten out, of course, and landed in with Los Angeles' glitzy Infinity Five. When not doing photo shoots or promotional ops, the team of 'heroes' just lazed around. They smiled for the camera, struck a pose, it had all seemed too plastic and fake. Although he went along with it, Jack never found it to be satisfying. No--Jack had grown up in Gotham City. The East Coast was not friendly to the do-gooders. He knew what real crime was.

About a week ago, the Infinity Five had suddenly turned on Jack at what was supposed to be a routine drug bust at the pier. Without a word they betrayed him, beat him down and tossed him into the Pacific Ocean to drown.

They didn't expect him to survive.

He had watched his own memorial service the night before last, on the television. THAT had been a weird feeling. The Infinity Five had rented out the Kodak Theater on NBC Universal's lot for the extravaganza which featured a lot of fake crying and false respects on the part of the brightly costumed superheroes. Millions of people across America were mourning the Ignitor, having no idea that he was still alive and among them...

Well, Jack was back in his hometown. He was a different man, too. What had previously been smile lines on his face were now accented with cuts and healing bruises. His last Extraction hadn't been so good. He got caught in the backdraft of his OWN explosion. This time, Jack was on a mission. He wanted answers, and he wanted revenge.

Jack crossed the street of a sleepy Gotham, not bothering to look both ways. He had eyes only on his target--his first on a long list of people he would be visiting for answers. It was a crooked, dirty little bookstore with a crooked, dirty man behind the counter.

He pulled the door open, ignoring the 'closed' sign.

"Hey!" The old doddering man restocking the dusty shelves wheeled around, a sneer on his gnarled features, "We're not open! Can't you read?"

"Lock your doors, then," Jack stepped inside. The bell sang above his head, "I've got a few questions that you're going to answer."

"Like hell I--" The Bookman looked up, and nearly fainted,"What the--"

"Hello Arthur." Jack said smoothly, catching himself in the light. The scars and the burns were still there from what must have been a nasty encounter. Jack knew he cut a frightful figure.

"J-Jack!" Arthur Remmington scrambled back behind his desk. His eyes were wide and white, "You're supposed to be dead!"

"I was never much of a details guy." The Ignitor raised his fingers, pressed together--

"NO!" The man shrieked, raising a magazine to cover his face, as though that would protect him, "Jacky--Jacky boy, come on now. No need for that. Don't do that now, put your hand down put it DOWN I say. What do you want?"

"What do you think I want?" Jack stepped forward, his arm still outstretched, "I was burned, Arthur. Blacklisted. They cut me out and they hung me up to dry. If that happened to--poor, pitiful, slobbering you--wouldn't you want answers too?"

The bookeeper was blubbering, turning the magazine in his hands so that the pages were shredding, "I don't know nothin', Jacky. I don't know nothin'!"

Jack was disgusted, "Quiksilver. Where can I find him?"

"Q-Quiksilver? He's everywhere! He's where you least expect him, he's where you don't want him to be. Don't ask me to get caught up with him again, Jacky. I just got out of that. He's not someone you want to mess with--"

"Do I look like someone you want to mess with?" Jack growled, "Stop giving me riddles, old man."

Arthur was beyond coherent explanations at this point. The sight of Jack's fingers ready to Ignite was just too much for him to handle, "J-Jacky, please. Don't do it. Let's just--let's just all calm down and...and lower our arms. Let's just take a breather. Do you want some Scotch? I've got the best damn Scotch--"

"I want you to tell me where...." Jack found what he was looking for. The gas line. His dark eyes flitted back to the Booksmith, and he shrugged, "...you know what? Never mind. I'll just leave my calling card."

Jack was halfway out the door before the bookeeper realized what he had meant.

"JACKY!"

The Ignitor turned back with a shadowed expression, "My Extractions aren't what they used to be since I was left to drown at the bottom of the ocean. I'd estimate you have about four seconds to get out of there alive."

Jack didn't give the man four seconds. Once he stepped out and was on the other side of the narrow boulevard, he turned back and cast a single pretty snap.

click

KAA-FOOM!

Mortar rained down, alarms screamed and shattered glass hit the pavement with a sickening thud. The leaping flames lit up a dark night, the sound and shockwaves made Jack feel like he was alive.

Which he was. Despite the best efforts of....someone.

The police would read the report as a gas leak gone bad. Jack had planned it that way. But Quiksilver...no. Quiksilver would know that Jack was back. Nothing said 'come and get me' more than this.

As sirens wailed from the firestation, Jack strolled away calmly. No one would recognize him because he had left his mask drifting lost in the Pacific Ocean.

I'm back, baby.

_____

Name: Jack Calumet, formerly known as The Ignitor

Description: Jack spent his formulate years in Gotham. He eventually found his way to the West Coast, where 'heroes' are used to sell products and advertise movies. The Infinity Five had him and wouldn't let him go--until they suddenly turned on him and betrayed him.

Personality: On camera The Ignitor was always the dashing blonde who stole the girls' hearts. He was the witty charmer, always ready with a clever quip or comment at photo shoots and interviews. Now, after his betrayal, it's a new Jack Calumet. He no longer jokes and makes cute remarks. He's a man bent on revenge.

Abilities (if any): With a direct line of sight or sound, Jack has the ability to create pyrokinetic explosions through flame. He has been known as a flashy stick of dynamite, a smooth-talking good-looking battering ram. After nearly being drowned at sea, the power is a bit diminished. ('Waterlogged' Jack calls himself.)

Alliance (good or evil or somewhere in between): Formerly a member of the team 'The Infinity Five.' Now, burned out and seeking revenge, Jack isn't sure which side he's on anymore.

Other: May be looking to talk to his old friend and mentor, Bruce Wayne about these turn of events.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HarleyPudding on Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:24 pm

((Hirochi-Zangus, I'm sorry but I hate waiting. If you haven't replied by tomorrow I'm just going to have to move on and interact with other people. I don't want this to die before it's even begun))

HarleyPudding
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:06 pm

(Sorry! I've been sick! But I'm on now so I'll do a post and hopefully I'll be on this weekend. And again sorry.)

"Ahhh... Perfect!" said the Joker grinning intensly. "But there's something else first!" he said tilting his head left then right. "I want Bats to think I'm in Gotham causing chaos! After that you can "Accidently" let me free." he said giggling in his seat. "Do whatever you have to! Get the crow! Get the penguin, who cares! I want the Batman to remember who runs this lunatic town, Me." he said leaning closer to Harley. He then let out a little laugh and leaned back in his chair.

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thedoctor on Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:33 pm

(grrr...i would post to get the story rolling... but as my carrie is supe i have to wait to make sure it is...A-OK first. )

thedoctor
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:20 pm

((I pronounce this thread dead.))

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HarleyPudding on Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:21 pm

AH! I am SO, SO, SO sorry.

SO sorry.

My computer died a terrible, explosive death.

Did I mention how sorry I was? I couldn't get online for WEEKS.

But I'm back now. Please, PLEASE let me know if you still want to do this. I would be sad if this rp died. :-(

HarleyPudding
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InconspicuousCat on Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:56 am

Name: Lady Peacock
Description: http://ophelias-overdose.deviantart.com ... 8#/d2f4hcj
Blakc hair, pulled up into buns, peacock feathers coming up from under the hair, stopping 15cm or so above her head.
Purple pvc dress, with lime grene corset, and small black spikes over where the nipples would be. Black straps and buckles aroudn the lower half.
Black and purple cage heels.
Personality: Witty, sarcastic, cruel, satirical, funny sometimes.
Abilities (if any): Able to move electricity.
Alliance (good or evil or somewhere in between): Evil
Other: None.

InconspicuousCat
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!