Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Island of Doctor Moreau

Character and Plot Development

a part of “Island of Doctor Moreau”, a fictional universe by Aramay.

He first tested to see if he could turn animals into humans. But they only regressed. How he's trying a new experiment. What will happen when he tests that same process on people?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Island of Doctor Moreau”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Character and Plot Development

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:21 pm

Due to a surprising amount of demand for information and rising popularity of the originally NPC subject named Evan. He now officially has a character sheet like the other subjects. I originally made him to keep the other subjects on their toes and someone to give hints as to what they could do next, all the while being an ass about it. But I guess people love him enough that I had to make him legit.

He has a rather sorted past so everyone can now enjoy getting a little more insight as to why he is the way he is. And why he's such and ASSHOLE. Enjoy.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aramay
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conductor on Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:25 pm

@Everyone Hello! I am so sorry I have been absent for almost 2 weeks now. I recently landed a new job and they have been working me to the bone, and I have had literally no time to myself to even check social media sites, I've been sleeping and working for these past couple of weeks. I have tomorrow off, so I promise I will get caught up and make a post that is of proper proportion in order to make up for my absence, I really hope I haven't been un-included or marked as inactive, and again, I sincerely apologize!
[center]ImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Conductor
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:30 pm

Thanks for letting me know. I wish everyone would tell me what's going on so I know that this place hasn't been abandoned. I know midterms are coming up so I'm not dinging anyone for being scarce (I have big projects and term papers due soon) but I REALLY need to at least see that people haven't forgotten about this place. It sucks trying to recruit new people when you are already attached to peoples' current characters!

Also I would really like to see people brainstorm here more. I've seen that people with more successful RP's have players talk with each other a lot on what their characters can do to better interact and avoid running into life threatening "slow downs" in the storyline.

Aramay
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phil Ein Blank on Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:37 pm

In the spirit of brainstorming. My initial concept and bio for Violet was written so that she could make a skilled assistant more than a leader. If someone else wants to take charge and ask Violet to do something, I would welcome it. Otherwise Violet will continue to be slightly indecisive and simply seek to understand more, while avoiding ruffling too many feathers.

She will also be on the look out for Conner, hoping to get more put of a fellow scientist.

Phil Ein Blank
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:07 pm

Sooooo I broke my wrist. Hence why I havent been posting. Waiting till I get the swelling and pain to go down before I attempt writing again. Which I hope will be soon. How is everyone?

Aramay
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phil Ein Blank on Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:26 pm

I'm doing fine. Sucks about your wrist though.
And waiting patiently for things to pick up again.

Phil Ein Blank
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:30 pm

Okay my wrist is healed enough that I can do more than just half assed posts. The thing is, I'm noticing that people have been dropping out even before my little fall so i'm trying to figure out how to remedy that. I will still continue the RP, I just feel that it would be more interesting with at least 3-4 people.

Aramay
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phil Ein Blank on Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:17 am

I'm still here and interested whenever you feel ready to proceed.
If you want I can mention this RP to a couple Online friends to see if they are possibly interested.

Phil Ein Blank
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:21 am

Im so sorry I haven't responded. I was so disheartened by people always leaving not long after they joined that I had to step back from it for a good while. If you or anyone else still want to join up. Please message me, or better yet, start responding on this thread and it will be the best creative medicine in the world for me to get this place back up and running.

If there's one thing I can't handle/keep up with, its putting in 200% on a storyline to make it all nice and enticing for people and getting less than half of 1% of commitment from the players in return. I will always positively respond to people who want to put in effort and show that they want to commit to creating an interesting story interwoven with a base plotline.

Aramay
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phil Ein Blank on Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:40 pm

Hey, Great to hear you are doing better. I had almost given up on you coming back.
I've had set backs of my own. But I would love to participate again here, whether it is a restart or continuation.

Any way I can help, be it to help develop plot lines or recruit committed players let me know. I will try to resume my daily visits.

Phil Ein Blank
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:32 am

I'm slowly getting my momentum back. If I can have three consistent players (you included). I can most likely get Royal back on board too. We will just keep going. Its way easier to write a long descriptive post on jumping into the continuation rather than lose the progress we already made, only to set up everything brand new again. Which can mean another very slow start.

In terms of the stages drawings. I don't know yet. They will still be done. Eventually. But I might not be able to take the time to be as clean and fancy with them. Still. Its better than not doing them at all.

Aramay
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phil Ein Blank on Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:58 pm

That's okay. I agree having them is more important than the drawings being particularly clean.

Unfortunately I don't know how to contact the other players here other than here. I will ask some of the others I've done longer term Rping (consistent participation for over two months) with and see if any would be interested.

Phil Ein Blank
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:55 pm

If I'm not too caught up with work I will be able to make a "what's happened thus far" post on both the forum as well as a synopsis of it on the front page so that new peeps coming in won't have to read through the 100+ posts just to be up to date on things. If I need to I will take over bird man Tex and Taurus for Royal until I can get ahold of him to see if he's still on board with this.

Once I get that all squared away I will most likely also put up a "looking for players" post in the existing RP ad section and see what I can wrangle in as well. I learned how to delete the older abandoned character profiles that are no longer being used/or played much of a role in posting, so it won't clutter up the character section. I may keep a few profiles to put up for adoption so to speak if the owners don't respond to my messages.

Aramay
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phil Ein Blank on Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:12 pm

That sounds like a good plan.
I have gotten a hold of one player that I think will be joining. He isn't as much a wordsmith as me but once he is in he won't likely leave. So look to have a new character profile sent to you soon.

Phil Ein Blank
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Wed May 27, 2015 1:51 am

Okay. I've gotten over some pretty serious obstacles and I still keep coming back to check on this place. I know its gonna get busy on my end in the future but I believe I can still get this working again. I will take on other roles if need be since I've by this point proven to myself that I simply can't put this to bed. If you have any ideas with what you want to do in the future feel free to message me. I'm betting that even if its just the two of us this place will eventually gain steam.

Aramay
Member for 12 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!