Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Island of Doctor Moreau

Character and Plot Development

a part of “Island of Doctor Moreau”, a fictional universe by Aramay.

He first tested to see if he could turn animals into humans. But they only regressed. How he's trying a new experiment. What will happen when he tests that same process on people?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Island of Doctor Moreau”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Character and Plot Development

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Royalburden on Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:51 pm

@kyuukonhime
Heheheh I'm glad. He was a nasty piece of work back on the mainlands and he's nasty piece of work now. Except now he can fly and he's only 90% of the way through the change. Next stage and he'll be at full beast mode.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Royalburden
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phil Ein Blank on Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:42 pm

I don't plan to put in my contact with most of the characters, especially due to not knowing if many players are still active or not.

Anybody upstairs or outside near the facility can write a brief interaction with my character as they wish. Wherein Violet mentions the boat and possibly gathering at the beach.

I will post Violet noticing Taurus for the first time as she heads back to the elevator to get Crombie and Kyle by Monday (I hope).

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Phil Ein Blank
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:32 pm

Its fine. I've decided to place an npc subject of sorts into the scene to give you someone to bounce off of until people start grouping up better. Anyone who I've drawn for their characters so far should definitely still be active at least. Its like gaining a badge of integrity I'm coming to learn. You're character is next on the drawing roster btw.

You can move on from the Facility as soon as you like and the npc subject will simply follow your character out of interest/curiosity outside the Facility and to the beach. No need to worry to stop and chat with him in particular since that usually bogs down the character progress.

Aramay
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SylentStand on Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:54 am

Oh no, you've seen through my subtle delaying tactics! Guess we'll just have to get on with that pesky 'narrative'...
Protect and Serve

SylentStand
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:26 am

I will apologize for not getting more drawings out by now. I took a couple days off for my B-day. I was given a computer since my friend pretty much broke my current one a few weeks back and my backup drive isn't compatible with it. And if that didn't eat up enough of my time, I also got called into work on top of the usual errands. I hope to have more time tomorrow since I don't have such an early work day for the day after that.

I'm going to post for the new npc with Violet tomorrow as well. I couldn't write enough tonight to post it and I'm just too tired to keep going for now.

Don't be afraid to chat here guys. I'm not seeing anyone discuss possible character interactions very much.

Aramay
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phil Ein Blank on Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:37 pm

NP Aramay. And hope your B-day was a happy one.
As I've said else where, "I would prefer to wait and read something you feel good about than something fast."

I am wondering who if anyone else is following me to the beach?
Violet has been 'camping' in the jungle before and so has a pretty good grasp of what supplies will be necessary.

Phil Ein Blank
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SylentStand on Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:12 pm

I'm going to be off the grid for about a week doing some work offshore. I probably will not have access to the internet. My apologies, I'll this back up as soon as humanly possible.

SylentStand
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Castle on Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:41 am

Okay, in glad I checked the forum finally,I was wondering where Kyle had gone off to, it's clear I should have checked sooner. It's too late for me to post right now but I can try in the morning. Any recommendations to keep things going while SylentStand is away?

I know I should be posting at least every other day, but I never like my posts to be so close together, but I don't want things to stop!

Also super excited for the second set of shots.
Castle

Castle
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Property Buyer Greeter Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:43 am

Thanks for understanding guys. And yes, I had a laid back but very fruitful birthday. I had to work through half the day BUT I also received a new computer as a birthday gift so I am completely psyched about getting all of my programs and art backed up onto a more stable system. It even runs quite a few video games that this laptop can barely handle on the lowest settings. The laptop that I'm working on right now has been damaged and I would not be surprised at all if it up and died on me tomorrow. So it is a well needed and long awaited improvement. I just expected to buy something of lower quality myself just to get by. So I am overjoyed to have something that can also be a gaming PC. I haven't had one for near 10 years! But I digress.

If others aren't posting back right away I understand if you can't post because of that. This really helps me know that you are conscientious about the standards I've tried to lay down. I'm realizing that for each character I draw. I have to draw them four more times, so I'm antsy about the idea of recruiting more people right now. Then again it seems to be working out that I don't draw every new person's character right away since some people have dropped out or simply disappeared before making their first post.

If you guys have a friend or know of a friend or a reliable rper that might like this set up then feel free to let them know. I'm going to keep a laid back approach with recruiting since the 'core' group we have right now are still getting settled in. I feel that it is important for them to get to know each other and form bonds or conflicts before others come in to the mix.

@Castiel I HIGHLY recommend Crombie follow Evan and Violet to the outside. Since he has his cane back and can follow movement I think he can navigate his way to the outside. And as long as he stays on the main path he shouldn't have too much issue getting to the beach provided he doesn't have a problem with walking on sand. This is why I'm glad I thought of the idea about having partial sight restored to him.

Aramay
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:51 am

Oh and as for the second set of shots. I will start on them soon as every active character here gets their starter drawing, so I can release all of them at once for everyone to enjoy feeling an equal amount of surprise. Actually I might go over that roughly. When the first stage or "change" happens it will be after everyone gets nice and sleepy. Between a few minutes to a few hours after everyone wakes up with a sore arm will start to undergo their changes at their discretion but the amount and types of changes will be dictated by the drawing and description provided, by me. If you have any questions as to why I have it laid out this way, feel free to ask. It's not done without good reason I assure you.

Aramay
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DovesLove on Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:08 pm

Hey, is it okay if Sophia hops back into everything after taking a random nap? Sorry, my life decided to go crazy til now.

DovesLove
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phil Ein Blank on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:10 pm

Good see you come back.

I don't see why not.
You should probably join Violet at the beach. Investigating the boat.
Feel free to add your character tag to my last post if you want to.

Phil Ein Blank
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kyuukonhime on Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:36 pm

Sorry I'm not posting all that often. I just got a new job and my car got broken into, so the last few days (or week. I can't tell anymore...) have been nuts.

But I did have a random thought from just what my character's turning into: Would Varin have to molt everytime he changed???!?!

kyuukonhime
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:38 am

@Doves Oh please yes! You aren't the only one. I'm tripping over myself trying to do everything at once. I really want to stick with a "core" group and I made this place so that people could hop in/back in without much issue. And the sooner the better. Sorry I didn't respond back my internet is acting up and I'm typing as fast as I can before it shuts off on me again! Start posting though. We need a good solid group.

@Phil An extra long post for you since you've been so patient with me and my inability to finish your character drawing in a timely manner. I'm crunched for time and something always comes up soon as I sit down to draw it. Yes, the most action is people heading to the beach.

@Kyuu As long as you keep me informed and start posting again in the near future I won't hold it against you. Also, as for Varin. I would imagine his skin would peel in layers like a bad sun burn in the beginning but once the chitin starts forming; those chitinous patches will molt on a regular basis. With big ones happening on every new stage. It's not going to be pretty. I would though, be more concerned about being able to continue to walk upright since a centipede walked on all....legs. Yes.

AND SORRY TO EVERYONE FOR SUCH A SLOW RESPONSE. MY INTERNET IS TESTING MY PATIENCE AND I HAVE A HARD ENOUGH TIME WITH GETTING ENOUGH TIME TO WORK ON THIS FORUM. I SHOULD HOPEFULLY GET THIS RESOLVED SOON!!!!!

Aramay
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:43 pm

Violet is up on the docket. I wasn't being lazy by just drawing her in socks. She just looked like she'd be more comfortable in them, I couldn't help it >.> And if doves or anyone else doesn't start becoming active again soon then I will move on and start drawing the second stage of everyone's character!

Aramay
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phil Ein Blank on Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:38 am

I LOVE the pic. Can hardly wait to see what becomes of her later.

Oh, I also carry a book with me almost every where I go and don't wear shoes unless I have to leave the house. And my glasses look almost the same too.

Phil Ein Blank
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DovesLove on Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:38 pm

I hope you guys don't mind the openedness of my post, I pretty much had a short-term-memory-over-kill when trying to figure out who was where, and who she might be able to interact with.

DovesLove
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:48 am

I was going to post a couple days ago in response but found it best if I waited a bit to give others a chance to come to the beach before the boat sinks. I was going to earlier today but I got a weird but wicked illness soooooo it was safe to say it was my punishment for overworking myself without taking the time to rest enough. No worries, I'm better after spending a few hours sleeping it off before I had work.

@Phil Cool! So it works out. Actually I'm starting on the second set of drawings. Depending on how quickly or slowly things progress will depend on when I release the images and people start their trek to the wild side. I'm still looking for artists since I won't be able to take on many more people until I finish all the drawings for the current subjects. Which would be about 16 images total since each of the four characters I've done so far have four drawings left to be drawn each.

@Doves No I'm glad you are open with asking! I encourage people to so there are fewer mistakes in posts. So far just about everyone BUT Kyle, Crombie, Conner and Taurus are at the beach. While the previously stated names are in the Facility. I would read their most recent posts to figure out exactly where they are since they will be able to interact with your character. OR you can post on the beach. Whichever you feel you want to jump in but keep in mind, if you are a more laid back poster you might want to stick with the peeps in the facility as the beach plot is more fast paced and may be a bit more of a complex read with what I'm about to post. Oh one more thing. If you continue to post consistently I will work on a drawing for your character. The drawings started off as incentive for people to come in and stay with the forum but now on top of that they are also becoming a sort of badge for people who post or at least communicate on the forum consistently. Which works out for all of us. :)

Did I miss answering any questions or the acknowledgement of anyone?

Aramay
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:54 pm

Stage two of all characters are done. But it looks to be still too early for that stage yet and I want there to be a bit more interaction between characters before I move ahead. I won't say when since it is up to you guys as to how active you want to be but it will happen sometime after the 'ship scavenger' story line finishes up and by the time the next "point of interest" storyline is under way.

Doves, if you work on posting more I will get to working on your character as well.

If anyone wants to have a say for the next event, tell me now so that even if I don't use it right away I can save it for one in the future.

Aramay
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DovesLove on Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:32 pm

Mind if Sophia goes for an "unexpected" exploration of the lower levels?

DovesLove
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!