Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Pokémon

Character Profiles

a part of “Pokémon”, a fictional universe by KumoriRyuu.

An all new adventure in the world of Pokémon.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Pokémon”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Character Profiles

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:50 pm

Okay, Darknesspawn.

So, my only issue is that it's in all bold text. If you could change all regular text to normal while keeping the base parts of the profile bold such as (Name:), (Age:) etc,. Those things stay bold, but everything else is normal.

Fix that for me when you submit your profile to the RP and you're good to go.
Kumori Ryuu

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CyberGlowfly on Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:26 pm

"Friends are the flowers in the garden of life."

Description
Avery is a beautifully short statured young lady. She has long violet hair, violet eyes and fair skin and, not to mention, nice long full legs. She wears many different type of clothes, but is mostly seen wearing her black deep v neck dress with four buttons on each side and no sleeves. Underneath, she wears a white long sleeved ruffle blouse. She is often seen wearing plain black shoes with gray thigh length socks.

Sex
Female

Height
145 cm || 4'9"

Weight
35 kg || 77 lbs

Hair Color
Violet || Black

Eye Color
Violet

Current Location/Residence
Cherrygrove City

Birthplace
Cherrygrove City

Date of Birth
December 4th

Voice Type
Soprano

Body Type
Slim

Complexion
Fair

Starter Pokémon
Chikorita

Legendary Pokémon
Articuno

Family
Callum Kingsley || Father || Professor Elm's Assistant
Juliana Kingsley || Mother || Apricorn Gardener and Poke Ball Creator
Joshua Kingsley || Brother || Apprentice Poke Ball Creator

Personality
Imaginative || Bubbly || Excitable

Equipment
A blanket, red scarf, toothbrush, hair brush, red and white apricorns [ four of each ], water bottle, a few sandwiches and a container of poke food.

Biography
Avery is the normal girl. She has a father that studies Pokemon, along with a mother and brother who make poke balls. Avery was young when Professor Elm moved into New Bark Town which was a town away from where Avery lived. When she was younger, her father would take her to the lab, allowing Professor Elm to study how Pokemon react to people by his own eyes. Avery loved playing with the Pokemon and she grew up like this. It was only natural to go to Professor Elm for her own Pokemon.
Avery's father is very caring and that led to Avery being very caring and responsible but she also ended up being an insomniac. Avery has always had trouble sleeping and normally would go in her brother's room for comfort. If her broher was away with her mother to sell their Poke Balls, Avery would normally go through sleepless nights of reading. She hated the dark. Night was just a waste of valuable time to Avery. If only the sun was out at night, but that would be abnormal.
Avery's mother is very punctual and is very inteeligent, leading to Avery loving school and being on time and early for almost everything. Avery didn't like the outside much but when she climbed one of the trees and read a book, she began to love it. Once when Avery climbed a tree, she fell, injuring her ankle and leading to having a limp on her right leg. She was seen as 'fragile' from the on and could only go anywhere outside of the house when her father, mother or brother was with her.

Last edited by CyberGlowfly on Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CyberGlowfly
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:04 pm

I like the new character, but the bio's only one paragraph. Remember I require a minimum of three.

If you make that upgrade, you can submit the character right away and I'll approve it when I see it. But be sure to hit that 3 paragraph mark when you submit, otherwise I'll let it sit until you've reached it.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CyberGlowfly on Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:50 pm

I finished writing the 2 paragraphs. I added more detail about her traits and also about her weaknesses; as a fear of the dark and a limp on her right leg.

CyberGlowfly
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Justice_League on Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:51 pm

Image Description : Maximillian’s hair is a dark black that falls down a little past his neck. He likes to keep his hair that long because he likes the softness when his head on his pillow, it’s like and added cushion. Maximillian wears a white shirt and a black long sleeve shirt unbuttoned on top.
Sex: Male
Height: 5'7
Weight: 125lbs
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Green
Current Location/Residence: Cherry Grove
Voice Type: Alto
Body Type: Athletic
Complexion: Pale

Starter Pokémon: Totadile

Legendary Pokémon: N/A

ImagePersonality: Maximillian has always been a shut in, introvert type person. When he lived in Goldenrod City the kids who lived around him would come to his house and ask if he could come outside and play with them, but when his mom would look at him she saw that he wanted to be alone so she always said, “No sorry.” Maximillian is apathetic except when he’s around Pokemon, he’s quite caring but doesn’t like anyone to see his caring side. Maximillian likes to write in his journal about how he feels and what he did the present day.
Birthplace: Goldenrod City
Date of Birth: February 1, 2001
Family: His Father and Mother (Arthur and Sarah Marx) His Father works in Goldenrod City at a restaurant while his mom stays at home with him in Cherry Grove. His mom used to work at the Pokemon Center in Goldenrod City, but resigned because she and his father both agreed that he needed at least one full time parent in his life so Sarah resigned while Arthur continued to work at the restaurant, the only downside to the whole matter is that Arthur rarely gets to see Maximilian due to the distance between Cheery Grove and Goldenrod City. Sarah always try to urge Maximillian to go outside and make friends, but Maximillian puts forth no effort because he is socially incapable of doing so.
Equipment: Backpack, Pillow, Blanket, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, journal, and grapes.
ImageBiography: Born and raised in Goldenrod City until the age of 13 Maximillian thinks about how he became the way he is every now & then. Throughout Maximillian's school life he was bullied because of pale skin, the kids would make jokes like, "Hey Casper the Friendly Ghost how are you doing?" and "He's so clear, I can see through him." There was only one peer who was nice to him and his name was Samuel Anderson. Sam had no siblings just like Maximilian. The two were inseparable; after school and on the weekends they would go to the Pokemon Day-care center in Golden Rod City and volunteer to care for the pokemon.

When they first arrived at the Day-care they were a little scared of them because at school they overheard stories of pokemon attacking travelers, but that was proven untrue when a pidgey flew down from its perch and slowly approached them, Maximilian held out his arm and the pidgey jumped on it. Maximillian was jumpy but, when Sam told him it was okay and that it likes him he became more relaxed. Because of this experiemce they grew to adore the Pokemon because they had nobody else to hang out with, they only had each other and the Pokemon to share their emotions with. One day when Maximillian went over to Sam’s house to go to the Day-Care center his mom answered the door and said he couldn’t go with him because he was packing for the move to Kalos. Inside he was crushed, but he didn’t show the fact that he was hurt.

The day of the move Sam and Maximillian said their goodbyes, after Sam left Maximillian ran up to his room and cried as hard as he could. He went back to being bullied by the other kids every day at school, they taunted him by asking “Where’s Sam now” and mocking him by saying “You gonna cry?” As the bullying went on for two years without his parents knowing Maximillian developed an apathetic attitude towards people. He put on a cold, reserved, apathetic, attitude when around people except for his parents because he loved them and cared for them eternally. He still went to the Day-care center every day until he moved to Cherry Grove City when he turned 13 because his parents figured a new town would bring a new fresh start for him.
Last edited by Justice_League on Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Justice_League
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:50 pm

Not bad Justice_Leauge.

Overall the profile looks good, but I think you can squeeze out a bit more from the bio. It's a bit thin, if that makes sense. So here are some questions to answer when you submit to the RP:

Who are his parents and what exactly do they both do? Does he have any siblings, or did Samuel? When he was younger than age ten, what did he do and how was he treated by others? Did the bullying only start at ten in middle school? How did he come to love Pokemon? Was he ever afraid of them at any time for any reason? And what prompted him and his family to go to Cherry Grove? Was it the bullying? Or was it perhaps that his parents thought a journey with Pokemon would be good for him?

Answer these questions for me in your profile and be sure to spread it out into three distinct paragraphs. Each has to have at least four full sentences in it. I'll be counting them, so be sure to check your work when you submit okay.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vihros on Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:55 am

Name: Vihros

Picture: For Easy sake, imagine a 19 years old Red from the video games, but minus the hat and is wearing blue instead.

Description (This is also my biography):
Lived happily working as a barista in the local cafe for many years without any plans to change. Watched many of his friends grow up and move to Jubilee City or other places but he stayed happily working on the beach behind a coffee machine taking orders for trainers and breeders alike. But decided one day he needed a change. Originally was from Hoenn but after a horrific cave-in happened on Dewford island his father brought his family to the happy place of Sinnoh to grow up healthy and safe, he was about 3 at the time.
Chaotic Neutral allignment, and very confident which can some times lead people to think he's arrogant despite it not being his intention. He's easy to get along with however and being the relaxed Sand-Gemian that he is, is very capable of going with the flow.

He has a fixation with Hoenn Pokemon and one day would like to visit it with his Pokemon, A female Sableye nicknamed Jewel. but before that he plans to visit all the famous lakes in Sinnoh just so he can say he's seen that world that is Pokemon.

Height: 186cm
Weight: 72kg
Hair Color: Beach brown
Eye Color:Dark Brown
Current Location/Residence: Sand-Gem Town
Birthplace: Dewford City
Date of Birth: 16/03/1993
Voice Type: Energetic
Body Type: Slim and tall
Complexion: Tan

Starter Pokémon: A Sableye nicknamed Jewel

Legendary Pokémon: None

Family: Father, Mother, younger brother and a younger sister

Personality: Relaxed larrikan

Equipment: a bag and his phone

Biography: Refer to description.

Accidently posted this information to the wrong section before, which is a fault on my behalf. This is my first RPG if I get accepted and I'm more than excited to jump in. If you need more information on any areas (I imagine you would) then just say what areas need more fleshing out and I'll happily abide. Thanks :)

Vihros
Member for 10 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby darknesspawn on Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:21 am

Why are your description and Bio the same thing and not even 3 paragraphs, why is your starter pokemon a sableeye when it clearly says you need to choose one of the three starter Pokemon offered in each region, and why is your character 19 when he is supposed to be 10-13. I can see you are new to this website but that doesn't mean you get to ignore the rules and expect us to feel bad that you are new (me anyways). Ugh. (just wanted to throw my two cents in before Kumori came around)

darknesspawn
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vihros on Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:19 am

Fair call. This Forum obviously isn't for me, so don't worry about it, I'll find somewhere else.

Vihros
Member for 10 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Justice_League on Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:46 pm

Image Description : Maximillian’s hair is a dark black that falls down a little past his neck. He likes to keep his hair that long because he likes the softness when his head on his pillow, it’s like and added cushion. Maximillian wears a white shirt and a black long sleeve shirt unbuttoned on top.
Height: 5”7
Weight: 125lbs
Hair Color: Black
Current Location/Residence: Cherry Grove
Voice Type: Alto
Body Type: Athletic
Complexion: Pale

Starter Pokémon: Totadile

Legendary Pokémon: N/A

ImagePersonality: Maximillian has always been a shut in, introvert type person. When he lived in Goldenrod City the kids who lived around him would come to his house and ask if he could come outside and play with them, but when his mom would look at him she saw that he wanted to be alone so she always said, “No sorry.” Maximillian is apathetic except when he’s around Pokemon, he’s quite caring but doesn’t like anyone to see his caring side. Maximillian likes to write in his journal about how he feels and what he did the present day.
Birthplace: Goldenrod City
Date of Birth: February 1, 2001
Family: His Father and Mother (Arthur and Sarah Marx) His Father works in Goldenrod City at a restaurant while his mom stays at home with him in Cherry Grove. His mom used to work at the Pokemon Center in Goldenrod City, but resigned because she and his father both agreed that he needed at least one full time parent in his life so Sarah resigned while Arthur continued to work at the restaurant, the only downside to the whole matter is that Arthur rarely gets to see Maximilian due to the distance between Cheery Grove and Goldenrod City. Sarah always try to urge Maximillian to go outside and make friends, but Maximillian puts forth no effort because he is socially incapable of doing so
Equipment: Backpack, Pillow, Blanket, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, journal, and grapes.
ImageBiography: Born and raised in Goldenrod City until the age of 13 Maximillian thinks about how he became the way he is every now & then. Throughout Maximillian's school life he was bullied because of pale skin, the kids would make jokes like, "Hey Casper the Friendly Ghost how are you doing?" and "He's so clear, I can see through him." There was only one peer who was nice to him and his name was Samuel Anderson. Sam had no siblings just like Maximilian. The two were inseparable; after school and on the weekends they would go to the Pokemon Day-care center in Golden Rod City and volunteer to care for the pokemon.

When they first arrived at the Day-care they were a little scared of them because at school they overheard stories of pokemon attacking travelers, but that was proven untrue when a pidgey flew down from its perch and slowly approached them, Maximilian held out his arm and the pidgey jumped on it. Maximillian was jumpy but, when Sam told him it was okay and that it likes him he became more relaxed. Because of this experiemce they grew to adore the Pokemon because they had nobody else to hang out with, they only had each other and the Pokemon to share their emotions with. One day when Maximillian went over to Sam’s house to go to the Day-Care center his mom answered the door and said he couldn’t go with him because he was packing for the move to Kalos. Inside he was crushed, but he didn’t show the fact that he was hurt.

The day of the move Sam and Maximillian said their goodbyes, after Sam left Maximillian ran up to his room and cried as hard as he could. He went back to being bullied by the other kids every day at school, they taunted him by asking “Where’s Sam now” and mocking him by saying “You gonna cry?” As the bullying went on for two years without his parents knowing Maximillian developed an apathetic attitude towards people. He put on a cold, reserved, apathetic, attitude when around people except for his parents because he loved them and cared for them eternally. He still went to the Day-care center every day until he moved to Cherry Grove City when he turned 13 because his parents figured a new town would bring a new fresh start for him.

Justice_League
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:14 pm

Okay Justice.

To submit your character to the RP, click on the "Characters" tab next to the "Introduction" tab. Click "Add New" on the upper right corner. Copy and paste all of your character's information into the box and check that it looks good in the preview that shows up below it and click "Submit" when you're satisfied.

I'll be waiting.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cuddlefish on Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:31 am

I kind of had a stupid moment and forgot that I was suppose to do my thing here and submitted my character. Do you mind if I do this second? Sorry for the inconvenience. (I'm really forgetful XD)

EDIT: Deleted the character. I'll be more careful this time.

--------------------------

Name: Harmony Banks

Picture:

Description:
I consider myself pretty, but I'm more interested in what you think!

Harmony is a kind of girl that you pass by on the street and ask yourself what her age is. (Don't do that though, that's actually kind of creepy.) She looks around 14 or 15, when in reality she is only twelve. Her electric green hair is always somewhat kept, however, she always, always, always keeps it short, as she hates hair flying everywhere. Her clothing is kept simple, as she has several pairs of the same thing. She has her goggles, her mama gave her. She thought it looked odd, so she picked up a matching pendant. And with that, she wears a vest over her school shirt, and the matching skirt that came with it. But, occasionally, she can be seen wearing her school uniform, consisting of a black vest, a red tie, a red skirt, and her school shirt.

Sex: Female

Height: 4"10

Weight: 51LB

Hair Color: An Electric Green.

Current Location/Residence:
Lilycove City

Birthplace:
Lilycove City

Date of Birth:
Happy Birthday to me~

December 13th

Voice Type:
Ahem, Laaaa~...

Mezzo-Soprano

Body Type: Average

Complexion: Slightly Pale.

Starter Pokémon:

Torchic ; Peri Peri
FEMALE
Peri Peri will not only her Starter Pokemon, but will be her companion, and her main company throughout her journey. At first, the only reason she picked Peri Peri was because the torchic was adorable. But, Professor Birch told her about the evolutions that Peri Peri will evolve into, and she immediately picked the Torchic, knowing that it would evolve into a fighting type Pokemon. Hopefully, their bond will be as strong as the trainer's spirit.

Legendary Pokémon:

NOT CAUGHT YET;

Latias; A Legendary whose spirit is as strong as her ability, Latias will wait Harmony's Arrival, even if she does not know the exact date or time of her arrival. Harmony knows little about Latias, until she meets an old lady after her final gym battle. The old lady speaks of the two pokemon siblings, Latias, and Latios. Harmony takes an interest in Latias, and asks the lady about the Legendary Pokemon. It is not until the elite four she starts to look for Latias, as Harmony feels as if she needs to be the strongest in order to catch the legendary pokemon. With Peri Peri, she sets off to find Latias, the eon pokemon.

She wants to catch Latias for quite a few reasons; one of them being that she wants to show the old lady a Latias, her main intentions in the first place. However, as she progressed through the elite four, she seeked friendship with Latias, and after a bit of conversation with Latias, Latias seeked a friendship with Harmony as well, after seeing the bond that she had with her first Pokemon, Peri Peri.

In the end, she decides that Latias, though strong, it would not be a good idea for her to travel with Latias, as she feels that she would get hurt in the end.

In messy writing, the last bit reads;

Also, though she won't admit it, she thinks Latias is completely cute pokemon, not a reason, but I think it's appropriate that I write that.

"ALTO! ARE YOU WRITING IN MY POKEMON JOURNAL AGAIN?!"

Time to run!

Family:

Alto Banks: Brother <15>
Nickname? Altie

Yumi Banks: Mother <44>
Nickname? Mama

Damien Banks: Father <46>
Nickname? Papa

Personality:
It's a big world, Nobody's really one of a kind, but I'm the closest you'll ever get!

Oh, Harmony. You could tell her she's cocky (she's extremely cocky!) But there's no denying the star quality that she has. She has an aura of confidence and spirit that rubs off on everybody around her. Her optimism and glee is contagious, but there's a few things wrong with this picture; what happens when she's mad or angry? Well, picture this. Have you ever seen or heard about anybody take a berry away from a Primeape? No? That's because nobody has ever lived to tell the tale. Just imagine Harmony like that. No, no. She doesn't hurt anything or anyone, but you can tell she's angry. However, people don't hold it against her, as her amazing ability to win people over, simply works its magic.

She has a love for anything and everything cute, although ironically, her favourite pokemon type is fighting, as she loves their strength and determination. She doesn't have much knowledge about pokemon, however she is willing to change that, completing the Pokedex, learning every pokemon in the whole world. She is definitely very interested in Pokemon Contests, as she grew up with it, and she feels like she- er, her pokemon would be a perfect candidates for them, strong, cute, and just plain cool.

Bubbly|Cocky|Witty|Determined

Equipment: Back-Pack, Blanket.

Biography:
Harmony was born on the 13th of December, Healthy, and most importantly, alive. She was born slightly prematurely, but otherwise, she was a completely healthy little girl. Harmony wasn't the easiest child in the world compared to her sibling, Alto. Crying, cooing, and gurgling, she was a very moody baby, but a beautiful sight to see whenever she was happy, or sleeping. Her parents adored her, and so did her older brother, Alto. As Harmony grew, she became a more conservative girl, picking up after Alto, being a shy boy. In fact, Alto and Harmony had a very close sibling bond that never faded as they aged. Despite Harmony's shyness, she was never shy around Alto. They loved eachother's company, playing games, making up stories, and watching tv together. They were always together. One day, when they were little, Alto was play with his sister in the Department store, when these boys came up to them and teased Alto for hanging around his sister. Harmony snapped at them, something that she wouldn't usually do. The boys went off crying into the elevator, alerting their mothers. Harmony got all of the blame, but Alto and Harmony still remember the day when Harmony stopped being shy, and became herself.

A few years later, Alto had to start his Pokemon Journey. Harmony didn't want him to leave, but he needed to leave the nest some day, and that day was today. Alto had left to become a Pokemon Master. The good thing was, Being the same charismatic person she is today, she had many friends. She was very popular when it came to people, as they saw her as funny, intelligent, and interesting. But, there was one problem with her. She wasn't interested in Pokemon. Not until the day that the Pokemon Contests had opened up. Her mother had offered to take Harmony to see the unveil of the Contest Hall, and the first Contest ever in Hoenn, which she agreed to. She didn't understand it at that time, but she knew that Pokemon would have an impact on her, whether it'd be good or bad. They arrived at the Unveiling, which didn't take long, as it was a short walk away from her home, but when she entered, she saw a crowded room, everybody taking seats in the big arena. It was gorgeous. Harmony and her Mother took a seat close to the front so she can see all of the Pokemon up close. The announcer went onto the stage, and introduced all of the pokemon one by one, as Harmony watched in awe. She watched the gorgeous Pokemon, the finals appeared onto the screen, a Flygon, a Milotic, a Gardevoir and a Pokemon she had never seen before; a Lopunny. She was amazed at the pokemon,

it wasn't from Hoenn... Does this mean that there are other Pokemon I haven't found yet? I want to see them all!

She thought to herself. She began to anticipate her pokemon adventure, and it eventually happens.

The day of her 12th birthday. Usually, it would of been 10, because of the law change. But her mother is keen on keeping traditions, so she insists Harmony go at the age of 12. Her mother gave her a blanket, and a back-pack, and sent her off to Littleroot Town, the hometown of Professor Birch. The journey was long, so her mother sent her off three days before, but Harmony only really needed one, she was that excited for her first pokemon! So there she was, two days early to the lab, and Professor Birch wasn't even in the lab!

One of the scientists spoke up, "Professor Birch will be back soon; he's documenting a few pokemon on route 102, apparently there was some strange activity in the habitat." The door slammed open, coming through the door was a man in a labcoat like the rest of these men.

"No need, Albert, I'm already back!" The man darted his eyes, and looked at the girl who was extremely early.

"Why are you so early?" He asked her.

"Because I couldn't wait for a pokemon!" Harmony replied.

"Well, okay then, how about you look at your choices? These Pokemon are exclusive to Hoenn, so choose carefully."

Harmony's eyes skimmed through the selection, and she stopped her eyes on Torchic. "What's this one Professor Birch?" Harmony asked politely. Don't want to be losing it, after all!

"It's Torchic. It's a really strong pokemon, like all of the other sta-"

"I want Torchic then."

"But I wasn't finished saying what I wanted."

"Then continue, my apologies, sir."

"Ahem... Like all of the other starters, but this one evolves into a fighting type."

"I want Torchic then."

"Okay, but take extremely good care of it."

"Don't worry, I will!"
Last edited by Cuddlefish on Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:47 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Cuddlefish
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:27 pm

Hey Cuddlefish.

Okay, so there is thing I'd like you to 'correct' if you want to call it that. And there is one thing I'd like to clarify with you.

The correction is the spacing of dialogue from narration. Whenever you have a sentence of dialogue, write it on its own. Here's an example:

Together they walked in unison, their feet in perfect synchronicity. Step by step and pace by pace, they trotted down the road together before they were approached by a stranger. It was an elderly gentleman, and he smiled at the twins as he held out his hand.

"Hello younglings! Pleased to make your acquaintance!"

The twins looked at each other in mild confusion, but looked back to the old man and smiled.

"Greetings! We are Lexus and Leo!" They said in unison.

"Ah! Pleasure!" The elderly man said.

So that's what I mean. For the final flourish, so to speak, in your biography, be sure to separate each dialogue sentence from the next and give it double spacing rather than single. Single spacing makes it a bit hard to read, and not separating it from narration makes it even harder. Also, if you'd like, you can add color to your character's specific dialogue so long as it's a color we can see. That neon/electric green is a bit too light, but a more solid green would do fine.

And now the clarification: Latias. As the RP states, everyone who wants to encounter/catch a Legendary must present me with a good reason as to why their character should catch it. You can let me know in the General Discussion thread, or you can let me know in the "Of Pokemon Trainers and Legendaries" thread.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cuddlefish on Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:58 pm

KumoriRyuu wrote:Hey Cuddlefish.

Okay, so there is thing I'd like you to 'correct' if you want to call it that. And there is one thing I'd like to clarify with you.

The correction is the spacing of dialogue from narration. Whenever you have a sentence of dialogue, write it on its own. Here's an example:

Together they walked in unison, their feet in perfect synchronicity. Step by step and pace by pace, they trotted down the road together before they were approached by a stranger. It was an elderly gentleman, and he smiled at the twins as he held out his hand.

"Hello younglings! Pleased to make your acquaintance!"

The twins looked at each other in mild confusion, but looked back to the old man and smiled.

"Greetings! We are Lexus and Leo!" They said in unison.

"Ah! Pleasure!" The elderly man said.

So that's what I mean. For the final flourish, so to speak, in your biography, be sure to separate each dialogue sentence from the next and give it double spacing rather than single. Single spacing makes it a bit hard to read, and not separating it from narration makes it even harder. Also, if you'd like, you can add color to your character's specific dialogue so long as it's a color we can see. That neon/electric green is a bit too light, but a more solid green would do fine.

And now the clarification: Latias. As the RP states, everyone who wants to encounter/catch a Legendary must present me with a good reason as to why their character should catch it. You can let me know in the General Discussion thread, or you can let me know in the "Of Pokemon Trainers and Legendaries" thread.

Ah, I thought it looked slightly odd. I'll quickly change it and write up my legendary reasoning. XD

Cuddlefish
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InakoUchiha on Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:57 pm

When your soul finds the soul it was waiting for. When someone walks into your heart through an open door. When your hand finds the hand it was meant to hold. Don't let go.

[center]Description
Daylin, is fairly tall for his age. He has the average body type of a eight year old. This young boy has dark indigo locks of hair that fall into his cerulean eyes. When in an angry or depressed state, Daylin's eyes grow to a dark blue almost navy-like color. When it comes to clothing he wears a white hoodie with orange faux fur trimming. He tends to have a dark blue undershirt with a set of dark blue slacks underneath.

Sex
Male

Height
5'0

Weight
98 pounds

Hair Color
Indigo

Eye Color
Cerulean/Navy

Current Location/Residence
Violet City

Birthplace
Violet City, Johto Region

Date of Birth
December 7th

Voice Type
Childish,High Pitched, Male still

Body Type
Average Eight Year old

Complexion
Pale Porcelain

Starter Pokémon
N/A

Family
Brantley Griffin||Father||Alive
Kira Griffin||Mother||Alive
Lina Griffin|| Older Sister||Alive
Bradley Griffin||Older Brother||Alive

Personality
Shy||Smart||Childish

Equipment
Backpack, Blanket, Food, Pokeballs, First Aid Kit

Biography
Daylin was born to Kira and Bradley Griffin during 11:09 on December 7th. He was the youngest out of the Griffin children and is the only one who never had the wanting drive to be a trainer like his elder siblings. His father worked at the hospital in Violet City, and was one of the head doctors. His family was fairly rich and he was raised without any interactions with other children.
As soon as he turned 7 he was taken to a public school and forced to interact with other children. His elder sister had already left for her trainer journey and it was just the boys. His brother fit in with most of the children and Daylin fit in with none. This is one of the reason's the child became shy, be cause he was never called on in front of the class and he was never asked to join in on things by other children. He mostly worked alone because he was smarter than most of them. This caused a lot of trouble for the young boy.
When he turned eight his brother left on his own journey and he was left alone. His parents rarely spent any time with him. He became a target to bullying because he was smarter, always coming home with bruises or marks his parents never seemed to notice. That is when he decided he would move up a few grade levels due to his superior intellect. A 8 year old in the 6th grade seemed silly to his parents so they decided to let him come work with his father at nights. He decided to hold off on school for a while till the people his grade went onto the 7th and he could join them. Till one early morning/late night he met Maxmillian, Selym, and Avery. He decided to go off on an adventure with them to become a person who could find out more about the world he had never taken an interest into, the world of Pokemon.
Last edited by InakoUchiha on Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

InakoUchiha
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:49 am

Hello InakoUchiha.

So, I have a few things to say about the profile as I do for everyone.

First, your font cursive in the description section needs a closed cursive BBC code.

Second, 5' is a bit too tall for an 8 year old. If he were 12, I would buy it. But at only 8 years old, his height is much more likely to be between around 3' 10" and 4' 4". The latter is pushing it, but not unthinkable. So you might want to rethink either the age or the height. It's up to you.

Next, you need to pick a starter or tell me what kind of person Daylin is that warrants no starter. Otherwise I must assume that you want him to be a trainer and every trainer has to start somewhere. Since we have the three johto starters running around already, it will be a bit difficult to get you a johto starter so your region might need to change. It's not definite, as we might be able to work around it, but it's something you might want to consider.

Finally, and this is a nitpick so bare with me on this one, I'd like you to space the paragraphs in your bio out and take them off of the center lining. Being centered and so close to each other makes it a bit harder on the eyes.

So, if you can stand to humor my GM requests, and let me know when you're done editing, I'll look over the profile again and hopefully welcome you aboard. We'll talk more about your starter if you decide to stick to the Johto region. If you decide to chance regions, just be sure to pick a starter that's not already taken.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InakoUchiha on Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:15 am

Okay, and he isn't going to be a trainer..eventually he is going to be a holder of a Togepi egg, thanks to Selym. But he doesn't have that yet. He never found the need to get a starter Pokemon, and he received his father's old Pokedex. He had found out how too wipe the memory on it so he can scan new Pokemon.

InakoUchiha
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:33 pm

For a device like a Pokedex, wiping the memory is as easy as replacing the mother chip inside which can be done by almost anyone such as his dad before he hands the Pokedex over.

I'm interested to see what kind of life this little guy will lead.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InakoUchiha on Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:47 pm

So I can post him, as long as I fix the height

InakoUchiha
Member for 10 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!