Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Cheating On Death

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Cheating On Death

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:08 pm

Robbie pulled himself up. "I'm supposed to be resting," he said conversationally, leaning his back against a branch and trailing one leg down, "from withdrawal symptoms." He looked at her and leaned his head back too, the sun dappling across his face and sideways cap. "I'm on a rehab course. No schoolwork for weeks; I'm supposed to be in my room. But I've taken morphine and I feel better. So I came outside. So, why're you here?"
my girlies;;
laurenn ;; larii ;; laurie ;; charlie ;; becky ;; beth ;; illy ;; sessi ;; rachael ;; kiers

Image Image Image
may i waste your time too?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby okugi99 on Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:54 pm

Jason gave one last kick, growling. "You're boring!" he declared. "At least dodge or something!"

He messed up his hair, sighing. "Ugh, go figure. No one in this damned school knows how to fight."

"I'm leaving."

Jason began to leave, heading towards the opposite direction from the school. No way I'm going back there if I'm just going to sleep. Might as well as find someone to fight. Someone who actually bleeds.
"Nah......at first I thought I just slipped or something, you know, 'cause it was all raining and slippery......and then I saw blood on my foot and side, and then I realized, ahhh, I was shot. Just when I was about to kill the scums......they all ran away. And then Tom-san began telling me all this scary stuff like how if I didn't get a doctor right way I'd die of lead poisoning......" -Shiuo (DRRR)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

okugi99
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stelly on Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:59 pm

Spencer smiled and chuckled under his breath. He looked around for Anastasiya, but decided to bail as well. He would go to his usual spot, right under the school itself. There were a lot of secrets in the school, but there was a little bit under the school that was nice. It used to be an army base, but now it was covered in crap. Bean bags and the sort.

Stelly
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:31 pm

"I'm supposed to be resting from withdrawal symptoms. I'm on a rehab course. No schoolwork for weeks; I'm supposed to be in my room. But I've taken morphine and I feel better. So I came outside. So, why're you here?" Robbie said. Sorea felt shock. Drugs. This guy was on drugs. Dear god, did he even realize what danger he put himself in? Did he get drunk like her current caretaker as well?

The girl supressed her mixed emotions, ducking her head down to take a peek at him. The guy was genuinely interested, apparently. She responded, saying, "Um, I'm supposed to be in bio. The bastards there, though-- well, they were getting a bit too rough for me. I could have bailed out to the clinic, of course, but then they'd have sent me home to hell. So I said I needed to use the bathroom." Her brown-eyed gaze swept across the parking lot. "They're probably going to send someone looking for me in a few minutes. Funny, though-- no one ever considers looking up trees," she muttered, adding with a smile, "except for you, it seems."

Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Musetta on Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:35 pm

Anastasiya curled her lip, watching as everyone retreated away.
"HEY! it that it?" she yelled to no one in particular. "Typical" she muttered under her breath, pulling a cigarette out, she lit it and began wondering off after Jason. At least he was relatively entertaining she thought bitterly.

Musetta
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:38 am

Robbie nodded. "I saw you climbing up here." He paused. "What do you mean, 'the bastards were getting a bit too rough for you'?" he asked, and then contemplated asking her why she was at the school in the first place. This might cause offence. But then he decided the hell with it. He'd just ask. "The hell at home? Is that why you're here? At the school?"

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:39 am

Sorea chewed her lip, contemplating the various ways the question might be answered. She ended up opting for the clear-cut, simple route. "Ah, um...people like to tease me, I guess. It would be fine if they just cornered me in some dark alley to beat me up, because that's easy to deal with; it isn't like they're adept fighters, really. But verbal beating-- how do you fight that? So I bailed out."

How to answer the other two questions? There was an almost sympathetic gleam in Robbie's expression, as though he understood. It surprised Sorea how happt that made her, and how much it made her want to continue. "My mom is...dead. My dad's in jail, so since I have no parents that can actually do the job, I live with my second cousin. He's a piece of BS, I swear, the way he gets drunk. So I'm not too keen on home." She wondered if she should ask Robbie something-- after all, she was doing all of the talking.

Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:26 pm

Robbie nodded. He understood. "My parents went through a messy divorce a few years back, and they're still fighting. My Mum remarried to this abusive guy and my Dad just sits in a trailer all day. I don't wanna be around when my stepdad is beating on her, or beating on me, or beating on my sister. So I go out with my friends and have a good time. I hate them all anyway. My Mum and my Dad and my stepdad. I hate all three of them." His face twisted in disgust. "And then one day I ODd when I was with this other group of people and I was the only kid there so they got scared and carried me out onto the pavement before bailing. This woman found me and took me to hospital and they revived me and packed me off here, on morphine." He shrugged. "So there you go."

He looked away for a moment, contemplating how much he hated every person in his life who was some form of parent. "I lived with my uncles for a bit, but I'm the fucking epitome of a latchkey kid. I just moved around from house to house and no one had room for me. I was homeless for a little bit, when I was eleven. I used to crash in people's garages or sleep in hospital waiting rooms and stuff. It was weird. Then my aunt came to find me when she found out I was living rough, but she's only sixteen and she lives with her boyfriend in some trailer out of the money she makes from the local burger place and the little he makes in the lumber business. So I couldn't stay there long. But she got my Mum to take me back, and a year later I was lying on a pavement almost dead. I can't say I regret it though. The only thing I regret is having them as my parents."

He looked back at her. "What happened to your Mum?"

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:27 pm

"What happened to my mom?" I guess I can trust him; he did just relate his entire life to me, afterall.

"Mom..." Sorea shakily began,"...mom was...she had chronic depression. It was pretty bad. When she took her medicine, she loved me and cared for me...she was a mom. But then...things got...a little harder. Money became scarce--remember the recession last year, when the newspapers kept printing articles about the number of people getting laid off? Mom," Sorea whispered, "was one of them."

Her voice abruptly halted as she angrily swiped off errant tears. Taking in a breath and letting it out with a whoosh, she continued. "Daddy drived a taxi and made enough money that, when combined with Mom's salary, was enough. But when we didn't have her income to support Daddy's, my parents couldn't afford her pills any longer. I had to use an inhaler, 'cause back then, I had really bad asthma. So it was a choice, see?" Sorea broke off again. My god, I can't believe I'm crying.

Through the thin trickle of tears, she went on. "Mom decided that it was more important for me to have my inhaler-- she said that depression was only a state of mind, and that she shouldn't have to depend on a little white pill full of powder. But she was wrong. She was so wrong. In the days that followed...she would lose her temper at...everything. When I came home late one day, she threw a flower pot at my head that ended up hitting the wall instead of me...I began to hate it." The girl paused to wipe off the briny drops leaking fast out of her eyes. Sniffing a little, she resumed.

"Then she asked me to go for a...a...a ride with her in the car. I...I went with her, of course. Daddy had been convicted of selling drugs by then and had been sent to p-p-prison a week earlier. We...had no money. Mom said 'I want to end this-- I can't go on living, but sweetie, I'm your mommy, so I have to take care of you-- come with me'. Th-then, she drove the car into a lake. I lept out, and a man there saw me; he was a paramedic. I was clinically dead for a few minutes, before an ambulance arrived and I was revived."

Sorea wrapped it up, saying, "the court decided that my family was unsafe-- hell, any one-eyed bitch could have seen that. So they sent me to live with my shitty second cousin instead." The last of the tears trickled down as the flow ceased.

Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby okugi99 on Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:44 pm

Jason grumbled under his breath, tugging at a bullet on his necklace. Can't believe I decided to keep that.

He decided to ignore the pair on the tree - No use bothering someone who's having a heart to heart - and Anastasiya who seemed to be following him - Isn't it supposed to be the other way round?

He was grateful for the sunlight that peeked in from between the leaves. It would be rather embarassing if he was to pass out because of the dark. Humming a tune under his breath, he continued to walk, wandering aimlessly through the woods.

okugi99
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:52 pm

To distract herself, and Robbie as well, for that matter, Sorea said pointedly, "Hey, I know that guy! Well, not like know know, but I've seen him walking around the halls. You get me, right? I think his name is Jase or something like that."

Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:55 pm

Robbie nodded. "I'm sorry," he said. "I know how you feel. Two of my uncles committed suicide; my brother joined the army to get away and got killed practically on purpose; my aunt OD'd and my great-uncle killed himself. It almost runs in my family." He reached across and hesitantly patted her arm.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:58 pm

Sorea smiled. She could actually come to like this guy. "Wanna go down now? If anyone was looking for me, they'd have gone by here ages ago."

Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Musetta on Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:32 pm

"So..... where are we going?" Anastasiya asked cheekily, aware that he knew she was following him.
Before letting him reply she spoke again. "I just love the forest.It reminds me of parts of Russia, you know?"

Musetta
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:20 pm

Robbie nodded. "Sure," he said, dropping lightly down from the tree. He waited for her at the bottom and looked at the guy she'd been pointing at. "He's the one who started attacking this other one for no reason," he shrugged. A stomach cramp hit him; they'd plagued him since he was five years old. He tried to ignore it, a spasm of pain crossing his face and then fading.

"So, where d'you want to go?" he asked, reaching up a hand to help her down.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby okugi99 on Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:30 pm

Jason blinked. Did she just... speak to me? That's new. Doesn't most guys restrict their girls from speaking to other guys?

"I don't know, really. I was hoping there was some sort of a city or something on the other side, but I'm not finding it."

He placed the bullet in his mouth, musing whether or not to continue speaking to Anastasiya. He decided to speak to her and spat the bullet out of his mouth. "You used to live in Russia? What was it like there? Any good fights?"

okugi99
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Musetta on Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:45 pm

Anastasiya shrugged, eying Jason off. "There were gang wars on the streets... and secret wars between government. Do they count?" she asked wryly, closing the distance between them.

Musetta
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby okugi99 on Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:49 pm

Maybe I was wrong about them being together. Either that or she's using me to get back at him for something that I don't know about. Either way, I'm going to use this to my advantage.

He stopped walking and faced Anastasiya. "Depends. How common are they? How many liters of blood cover the streets? How many bodies?"

Jason stared intensidely into her eyes. "How many dies to try and stop them?"

okugi99
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Musetta on Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:04 am

Anastasiya froze for a moment, a frown crossing her pretty face. "Many deaths... there was a time when bodies were piled up on the street," she said.
The frown then disappeared, replaced by a look of steely determination. "So, tell me Jason.... who are you?"

Musetta
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby okugi99 on Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:56 pm

Jason laughed at the sudden question. Man! I'm too tense about this! "I am Jason "Birddie" Sparrow, commonly known as Jase or Jay. I was with the Daemons before I came to this crappy school. Ah... do they have gangs in Russia? I mean teen-ran."

He searched through his metal necklace until he came to a mini metallic gang symbol. He showed it to Anastasiya. "See? This's my gang symbol. Most of the gangs have a symbol that they put up as their territory. I suppose you can say that I'm the gang's territory as well."

"And you, my dear lady? Anything interesting about you?"

okugi99
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!