Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Collab Ideas :)

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Collab Ideas :)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kevah on Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:02 pm

Why hello there. :)

So, I have this small idea but, I don't exactly have a plot for it!
I want to create some sort of roleplay where there'd be an even number of characters and each person has a partner. You can choose or I can.
These partners will sort of be like yin & yang. Together they make a whole but by themselves they aren't much, not as strong.

I'm not saying 'SOUL MATES' because I'm not big on the mushy gushy ily shit. But sure, romance is very much welcomed and it's up to you and your partner to portray whatever you want.

I suppose this particular RP would be a fantasy/sci-fi/supernatural type. I don't have an idea for a plot, that's the only problem.

--

My second idea was sort of a collab with Endobebe :)
Think The Seven Deadly Sins. Some kind of RP based 'pon them. It could be something biblical like the rapture or just something equally amazing.

This RP genre could range from anything, btw. Horror, Suspense, Drama, etc.

SO...Any ideas? I was hoping a group RP, everyone could contribute to the plot a bit and make it something preferably long term. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kevah
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Collab Ideas :)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:42 pm

I think anything with any real depth to it regarding the Seven Deadly Sins would be almost impossible to do on a site where the rating cap is PG-13. It might be something that just doesn't fit with the general membership and vibe that Gateway is striving for.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kevah on Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:19 am

Well it sort of depends what genre you are looking at, I think, and the plot. I've actually been in a sds rp and there wasn't anything 'bad' about it. If I or you are in a group and we make it known that it can't be 'to the extent' say for, lust or something, I'm sure everything would be fine. O:

Kevah
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EvenAngelsCry on Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:41 am

Why dont you combine them? The seven deadly sins could be paired up with the seven holy virtues? I am not saying you need 14 people, that would be a bit hectic, but maybe make the cut off at four each but let the seven be the options. =]
Mow. :3

EvenAngelsCry
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cinderstella on Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:38 am

A friend of mine on the site did an RP similar to the pairing up seven deadly sins and seven holy virtues. It is a bit of a hassle, for so many characters, that is.

What if you did a modern day interpretation of the seven deadly sins and virtues? Or maybe cut off the less... popular ones, to cut down on the group size. It could be set in whatever environment, maybe make them highschoolers to kind of maintain the "innocence" more so than making them older. Aaand, it would give them more excuses to see each other.

Just shootin' some ideas out there. (:
Follow my twitter. <3

also, check out my youtube stuff! music & more ;) http://www.youtube.com/user/destinyendearing

Cinderstella
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:41 am

It can be done, you would just need to be careful to make sure that none of the uncrossable lines are, in fact, crossed.

Good luck with it!

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cynique on Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:22 pm

I used to have a rp with a sort of yin-yang thing going. It was more of people with a deficiency though who needed to exchange energy. There's a bit of the problem with partnering up, and things sometimes. What level of literation were you planning to go with this rp?
A conclusion's just the part where you got tired of thinking.

Cynique
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kevah on Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:15 pm

Thanks guys, sorry for my absence, I had a stomach virus/food poisoning. ):

@Evenangelscry: Yeah I'd prolly end up pairing some up like that, it'd be nice, and yes, 14 would be insane! xD people could always double up, too... hmm.

@Cinderstella: Modern interp would be good and yeah, cutting out a couple would probably help as well. I think it'd let the group decide because I wouldn't want to take away an awesome char/idea from someone, though. :) I'm not too big on high schoolers though. I usually rp either little kids, like, someone's child [5 to 8 years] or older ones [anywhere from 19-40] D: but, I suppose it's something to think about. :)

@Cynique: Your icon is so cute. xD <3 That sounds interesting :O I would love for the RP to be more on the advanced side. I don't like short posts but then again I don't want to see a post and decide it's too long and be bored reading it. I like mid-length to long, my posts are pretty detailed and lengthy. A few paragraphs. :) And yeah, I understand about partners, I was in a group RP where everyone had a partner and one person's partner would leave the RP and it'd force the other partner out or force them to take up both sides of the partnership. ): It's tough stuff. D:

Kevah
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cynique on Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:00 pm

Thanks =) Yeah, that sounds about the level of literacy I think is good too. It seems like there's always a lot of problems with the partnership though. It'd be easier with partners that could be substituted, like nobody would completely be bound together. I think that a storyline with people with just deficiencies and that are in a mutual energy exchange would work, so if one person leaves the person left behind could easily find someone else.

Cynique
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!