Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Collapsing Mana

Collapsing Mana

a part of “Collapsing Mana”, a fictional universe by Igari.

With the discovery of Orichalcum, humes now seek to expand outside of their city. But for the magical creatures, this brings with it panic--magic has always been kept secret from the humes and with the additional involvement of extra-planer beings...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Collapsing Mana”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Collapsing Mana

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricator on Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:34 pm

Well I had been going to have my character speaking Dwarven, Elvish, basic Hume, Terran and Ignan. However her Elvish would of course have a thick accent either way.

I was going to have her go pretty much "OMG You're NEW!" in dwarvish, then babble for a moment before attempting to try hume.
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fabricator
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alise120 on Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:36 am

Well my character can speak hume language pretty well since she was home schooled and she knows fae languages and dialects since she grew up around them. Also, she knows her Daoine Maithe language which is a very complex and ancient one that only the Daoine Maithe can grasp and understand. There are a few, who aren't Daoine Maithe but are followers, that can fairly grasp the language.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Alise120
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackIceRocker on Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:29 pm

Lysandra speaks primarily elvish, but she knows how to communicate in sylvan, having spent over a century living out in the forests. While she understands common hume languages, she has a difficult time speaking them. Her accent comes across very thick when she can force herself to speak in common tongues, so it might make for interesting scenarios when she has to communicate with people that are not fluent in her native tongues...

BlackIceRocker
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:50 pm

Oh, I'm sure this comes as obvious but unless otherwise stated, humes only know common because that is the only language they speak to one another. Virie is an exception to this, as Reika only speaks in Abyssal, and she had to learn the language in order to converse with the demon. (Plus, her spellbook is in Abyssal as well).

Alise, can you clarify what you mean when you say "fae languages"? Since each race has their own independent language--it's not impossible to be fluent in several but I'm wondering what you mean. For instance, the high fae--i.e. the most pure breed, speak Celestial, a language reserved for fluency among their race. Other races are expected to recognize it but not be overly fluent because "translators" are a thing and fae tend to be snooty and full of themselves. Realize I am talking about "fae" i.e. the ones in mythology relating to Oberon and Titania, not the over-header here.

As for Seirahn, he speaks Common (given that he has worked in trade), Dwarvish (well, he does spend time with a whole community of dwarves, after all, it was only so long before they stopped speaking elvish as a formality and taught him their language), Elvish, and Sylvan (most magical creatures are fluent in this language). Just for a heads up: Sylvan is to the magical races as Common is to humes.
I fell into that purgatory between waking and dreaming, the transient space existing between conscious and subconscious. It was beautiful... ephemeral. And I could not help but wish to stay forever.

Igari
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:24 am

I'm pretty sure all anyone has to do in order for Alistair to understand anything he deems important is to learn the words "Gold", "Archibald" and the phrases, "Archibald is great", "I am a maggot/peasant/heathen/etc"

Oh, and in case it wasn't fairly obvious to begin with, he can speak to gold. And by that I mean he's fairly good at making deals...... that seem great to him. C:

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricator on Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:40 am

Does he like diamonds?

*Vanessa engulfs a lump of coal in flame and then crushes it between the palm of her hands till it turns into a diamond*

I wonder if he'd be successful in looking down on someone taller than him? :P

Fabricator
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:35 am

You guys are ridiculous XD You know, if that gold becomes sentient, we might have a few problems. New goal: village exists where everyone are talking gems.

Igari
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:40 pm

Fabricator wrote:I wonder if he'd be successful in looking down on someone taller than him? :P

I would like to point out that Alistair doesn't discriminate against anybody. That's because he doesn't consider anybody else save him really worthy of being called a person. You're all beneath him, regardless of how much taller you are. :p

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:39 pm

So... who're we waiting on?

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:16 pm

Okay, so I forgot to tell you guys: Cheru is on vacation and will not be posting for a week. Icy and myself are writing a collab that should be up by tomorrow :D //winks Or on Saturday. But I promise it'll be up, my lovely darlings. Then we can continue our scandalous story.

Igari
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Siryn on Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:50 pm

Well... /I/ am waiting on you my dear Pantsu-Kun for Mercenaries... >.> XD

And, OOC totally blew up in here!!! O.O God I really have to pay more attention LOL

Hey, just dropping by to let you all know that I will be gone over the weekend. I'm going to visit family and my husband is going to take his Police Training test yay!! So excited. Anyhow!! I'll be back like Monday night and probably ready for writing Tuesday :) Have a great weekend guys. I'll have my tablet so I should be able to at least read posts and write if it is dire that you need me :)
There is Magic all around, you just have to look to see it...

Siryn
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricator on Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:52 am

I will admit I had been tempted to write something up about spotting people leaving the wreckage but I may give it till Igari's next post before I attempt that.

Fabricator
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:18 pm

Sorry for the delay, my sweets. I was going through the ordeal of obtaining.... i.d. //hisses This past week. So my schedule's been rather wonky. I really want to finish up my posts tonight, Icy will probably be posting our collab, I'll make a post as Virie. :3 And uh, I'll just post in Mercenaries--I WANT TO KILL THINGS. FAMISHED, DON'T YOU DARE TAKE THIS FROM ME OR I SWEAR TO THE GODDESS I'LL MURDER YOU.

Igari
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:19 pm

pls don b men

Also, sucks to suck gurl I am doing it now.

Will be at the movies today so I probably won't be on until later tonight. ONE DAY QAIDA, ME AND YOU WILL BE ON AT THE SAME TIME. <3

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:22 pm

//pouts delicately Dooooooon't. I have something planned that we can collab on for sure, I just need to write the first part. So please hold off on posting, promise what I have planned is super good. Fotia needs fight scenes, she needs this so bad. :3

Wait, why are we talking about Mercenaries on the MANA page? Sorry guys, husbando and I need to learn where to take our marital issues.

Igari
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackIceRocker on Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:29 pm

Finally put up a thing. Thanks to Igari for the help in making the most awkward character interaction we've had together to date. :V

BlackIceRocker
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:05 pm

Pfft. Things can only get weirder.

Also

Mercenaries, Mana. Wagglecock, Dickleheimer. It's all the same, isn't it?

C:

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:52 am

//rolls her eyes delicately Alright, well, our meeting hath nearly come upon us! Remember what I said, that it's a posting free-for-all. So long as there are 2 posts between your last post and the newest, you are free to post if you'd like. I understand the break we took in posting was a bit long (I had a lot of stuff to attend to this week :T) and sometimes you do need to wait for other people. But now that that has been settled--i.e. myself and Icy, please, by all means, do post. If you're waiting for someone in specific and they haven't posted in 3 days, then let me know--and put your post up in the interim while we are conversing.

Igari
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:44 pm

Alright, so I hope that's viable enough to allow you to reply, Fapicator~~~~

I don't think I read anything about her being so strange he'd notice she wasn't actually a hume, so correct me if I'm wrong.

ALSO

I suggest that, when in the presence of Humes, people put any non-common speech in brackets so that it's easy to distinguish what our characters can and can't understand.

C:

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Siryn on Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:04 pm

Good idea Pantsu-kun :) I like the bracket idea for the non-common speech.

Also, I've returned!!!! XD Loved that post by the way Pantsu-kun ;) I'll work on mine here in a minute! I also see that Igari is posting first in mercenaries, awesome possums! That'll work just fine :D Yay! Time for more fun!!

Siryn
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!