Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Colosseum: A Fantasy Tale

Colosseum a Fantasy Tale.

a part of “Colosseum: A Fantasy Tale”, a fictional universe by Gorman Conall.

A corrupt king rules a kingdom with an iron fist. He holds an annual tournament where people and slaves battle each other for a chance at a reward. freedom, wealth..maybe even a chance to overthrow the king.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Colosseum: A Fantasy Tale”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Colosseum a Fantasy Tale.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arige on Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:02 am

Are there any healers I can go to or does Lairn need to suck it up and be a man?^_^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Arige
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gorman Conall on Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:22 am

Surviving Gladiators get free health care, its more modern though, stitches and the like. Not magic wound healing and such.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gorman Conall
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Athrun Zala on Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:29 am

So I suppose you'd need to seek out someone who specialized in magic wound healing for that. :p

Athrun Zala
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gorman Conall on Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:17 pm

I am currently putting together a tournament tree for me to personally reference and I feel theirs something I need to point out. You know how in movies similar to this that someone will be in a bunch of fights but only a few of them are actually shown in detail while others usually have some kind of small compilation's. Its kinda like that, hundreds joined the games and I cant expect you guys to detail each and every fight else the RP would go no where, so it will actually seem like the games were much smaller, because I am only having you detail the fights that propel you closer to battling the other players and Genox.

Just because you don't detail them does not mean they didn't happen however. For example the next match Dustin and Xilas take part in, they will already have fought and won 3 or 4 matches together before the next one. We just aren't detailing those ones but we simply assumed they happened and our dynamic duo won.

Gorman Conall
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Glor on Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:47 pm

I was wondering why people were already going home!

Gorman, I noticed that invitations have not gone out yet...does this mean we aren't invited? ;)

Glor
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gorman Conall on Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:55 pm

Well, I have to have a set date before I send any invites :D

Who knows, maybe around that time Ill throw some kind of short RP based around a wedding (with some kind of interesting plot conflict or it wouldn't be fun)

Gorman Conall
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Demon of Bereavement on Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:56 pm

grr... my computer messed up and i double posted. is there anyway to delete posts in the rp?

Demon of Bereavement
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gorman Conall on Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:36 pm

Not currently, but the administrator (I believe) is going to implement moderation functions for GMs, which means sooner or later I might be able to. Don't worry its not a big deal.

Gorman Conall
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Glor on Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:17 pm

Demon,

I don't see any posts, duplicated or not...am I gliching or something?

Glor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gorman Conall on Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:20 pm

http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/colosseum-a-fantasy-tale/?start=300#activity

Right there, the first post of the 31st page, its not really a duplicate, its blank.

Gorman Conall
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gorman Conall on Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:05 am

Now that the games have begun I will keep matches flowing pretty steadily, don't worry about time lines all that and simply keep playing as normal, even when the matches are going on because things outside of the arena shape the plot as much as those that happen inside.

I actually put together a nice tournament reference tree for myself so things go over smoothly, I have two trees single and teams and have some plans to cross them over sometime in the RP.

Gorman Conall
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Athrun Zala on Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:56 am

I really hate power outages and the modem refusing to come up as a result.

Serenity: If Gabriella wishes to talk to Alex, he hasn't left the coliseum yet.

Athrun Zala
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Glor on Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:07 pm

Ok..I am having some problems here. If I sign on it says there are 291 posts and 30 pages. On page 30 is a blank post written 23 hrs ago.

If I go to the link Gorman posted above, I go to page 31 and it says there are 301 posts..but I still can't see anything other than the blank post 23 hrs ago.

Is anyone else having issues?

Glor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Demon of Bereavement on Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:08 pm

i think it's the locations thing again, where 10 or so of the posts were posted in the Arcadium location and for some reason when you sign in only the ones in Russatia show up. i just click main page and it brings the missing ten or so back when i revisit the roleplay.

Demon of Bereavement
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Glor on Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:21 pm

Ok..they must be gone for me because I can't seem to find anything after my last post.

Glor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Athrun Zala on Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:02 am

Hn, as long as I go by way of the "My Roleplays" section, I am able to see all the posts, and I see all 301 posts, and the blank one. Unless I am missing one, Dustin's blank post is the only one after yours. Why, have people been posting and I haven't seen it? O.o

Athrun Zala
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Athrun Zala on Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:28 am

This is the last post I know of. And afterwards Dustin's blank post. I believe this is the last post. Has anyone made any posts that the forum has "eaten up"? :p

Endymion turned to Genox, " Your highness, I would be honored to play for you. It will be a culmination of my life's work."

'And I have no choice' thought Endy. Damned if I do and dead if I don't.

For now the bard would bide his time. He knew that Genox was suspicious of something and probably wanted to keep him close. Endy wondered if Genox was using some kind of dampening magic, because as he played, Endy realized that many people in the crowd were immune to his persuations. Endy had never expected so many people to NOT react to his magic. This would pose a problem in the future. Perhaps he should mention it to Genox as a sign of good intention. After the games...

"Yes your highness, a real honor, thank you"

Athrun Zala
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valor on Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:25 am

and now... there are 291 posts again... O_O
- cue spooky background music-

Thinking of you, wherever you are.
We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend.

Valor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Athrun Zala on Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:35 am

Valor: Just go to the My Roleplays tab and click the Coliseum Roleplay from there. That's how I make sure I get them all.

Seems slow again, I just noticed it was two days ago the last reply was made. :p

Athrun Zala
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valor on Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:39 am

I'm confused now... I looked at it the way you said, and there are 301 again. But there's no posts that are different from what I know...
XD I so confused.

Valor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!