Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Colosseum: A Fantasy Tale

Colosseum a Fantasy Tale.

a part of “Colosseum: A Fantasy Tale”, a fictional universe by Gorman Conall.

A corrupt king rules a kingdom with an iron fist. He holds an annual tournament where people and slaves battle each other for a chance at a reward. freedom, wealth..maybe even a chance to overthrow the king.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Colosseum: A Fantasy Tale”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Colosseum a Fantasy Tale.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arige on Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:19 am

Is it ok for me to make three more characters? One is going to be a character sheet for Lairn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Arige
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gorman Conall on Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:51 am

I figured you might want one for Lairn, but who is the third?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gorman Conall
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arige on Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:59 am

I was wanting to make three more. Lairn, a small story character from Arige's past and some good guy.

Arige
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Athrun Zala on Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:32 am

Hn, parkour looks like something I might want to learn. I wouldn't know how to learn it online though.

Athrun Zala
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arige on Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:03 am

YOUTUBE!!!
Type: 3run tutorial
That is a good place to start.

Arige
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Athrun Zala on Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:46 pm

got any links?

Athrun Zala
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gorman Conall on Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:29 pm

Arige, If you sure you can handle keeping up with that many characters send me Lairns and one other one. 4 characters is probably a bit to much so keep it to three.

Here's a good parkour site as well. http://www.americanparkour.com/

Ha..oh Dear God, I found an old old old video of me doing parkour, It was when I was still in high school..so it about 4 or 5 years old..wow..I was sooo bad at it back then..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFN09oNWjWM

Gorman Conall
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Athrun Zala on Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:43 pm

Hm, neat. Curious though, what's the point of running up the wall for those few steps you manage to avoid gravity? >_>

Athrun Zala
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gorman Conall on Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:51 pm

As far as practicality go's there was no point at that moment, also I sucked at those >_>. But a vertical wall run is to propel yourself higher then you would get jumping so you can reach a ledge or something else you cant reach.

Gorman Conall
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Glor on Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:03 pm

Ok, so that is you in the video that you posted? NOTHING like I imagined lol! Is that Serenity too?
hmm..as always I am probably the old one in this group..lol

BTW if I did that I would break my back, not just pull it. Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed it!

Glor
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arige on Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:44 pm

That was very good. How do you find places to do that though?

Arige
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gorman Conall on Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:25 pm

Arige, it was just at a park in a small town near me. Generally during the summer I use parks and school grounds.

Glor Yep that was Serenity too but that was us 4 years ago lol. I''m 21 right now so you might be older then me since I am still pretty young. Don't always feel young though >_>

Gorman Conall
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Athrun Zala on Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:04 pm

Hn. I guess those are all the moves, haven't looked at them yet. So, what exactly do you do for this? Set some time and, run around or something? Cause I'm still not sure how it works or even how to learn how to do it effectively.

I must be out of shape or not getting enough sleep..or both. I went running around for exercise, intensive exercise for this PACE program thingy, and I was all tired out and ready to drop and fall asleep. --

Athrun Zala
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Glor on Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:26 pm

LOL ya, I am way older than you..but that doesn't matter. But don't talk to me about FEELING old :)

Glor
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gorman Conall on Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:33 pm

Those are no where near all the moves Athrun :D. Anyway, I can answer just about any question you have about Parkour so feel free to shoot. Essentially Parkour was invented by a guy in France named David Belle. The object is to move from A to B in the most fast and efficient manner possible. Instead of going around obstacles you over, through or under them.

It is, or was a discipline in the same way that martial arts is, just instead of self defense it taught you how to escape.

An offshoot of parkour came to be, called Free running, it was like Parkour except people integrated tricks and flips in to their runs. In the USA however pretty much all Parkour is known as free running regardless of whether or not the person does flips or tricks or not.

I call what I do free running, because its a more understandable term, Parkour is a french term and I don't live in France so when I say Parkour people would be even more confused then they are now when I try to explain my actions. Within the last year its become more..popularized and we have video games, Movies, and TV shows that have Parkour in them. Still even today its virtually unknown in the states but I hope to help change that sometime.

People even now, depending on who you talk to will debate and argue about what is Parkour, there's been a battle between the free runners and Parkour since the terms were invented. Take what they say with a grain of salt.

I like to think of it like this. Some people like to skate, some like to bike. I like to freerun/practice Parkour. Whether or not I do flips is irrelevant. The point is I treat it as my favorite hobby in the same way that skateboarder treats theirs. And while doing so I keep myself in shape naturally and healthy.

If you are interested in starting out, the best thing you can do is take it slow and go at a pace comfortable to you. Workout regularly and the very first thing you should learn is how to roll properly. Rolling is what prevents from getting hurt when you land from height and is the most basic and essential movement you will ever learn. Its a pity we are probably half way across country from each other. Otherwise I would gladly help train you personally, its lonely here in Ohio because I am the only free runner in my area,

Gorman Conall
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Athrun Zala on Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:57 am

I am actually not in the US anymore. I moved to Chile 2 years ago. Still haven't learned the language though, so I don't know what's around here besides karate, and I'm not allowed to attend. I just have some sort of a fascination with self defense, or being able to protect myself or do something in any given circumstance.

I suppose I could look it up. It's a shoulder roll, right? I know I tried doing it once on the floor, not sure whether I got it right. Have to look it up on youtube.

By workout, I suppose that's stuff like pushups, pullups, situps, squats? I can do those, just not very many since I'm a girl and out of shape. :p But I also have no access to a gym, so I can't do weights.

Though, another thing. I'm in one of those little access to the outside world situations, so, would the neighborhood be an okish place to practice? There are like 6 houses total in these section, with a bit of land in between, and a back yard stretches back real far to this cow pasture, so it's not like the surburbs we lived in.

Athrun Zala
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gorman Conall on Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:32 pm

There is very little places in the world that is not suitable for free running practice. Your mind will learn to adjust to that fact after you do it for awhile, soon you will look at everyday objects in a completely different manner. Woodland areas or even trees can be used, fences, tables, walls any little gap etc. Just make sure whatever you use, that no ones going to get angry for you using it.

Yeah basically a shoulder roll, there are many tutorials on the internet though I have noticed most people end up rolling in a fashion unique to them. since you are first starting out, I would stick to grass since harder surfaces will hurt until you get the technique down.

Also, sorry for asking but you peaked my curiosity. But why are you not allowed to attend karate?

Gorman Conall
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Athrun Zala on Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:44 pm

Well grass is fairly easy, got a whole backyard full of it. :p

Well, I actually haven't asked. Talked to my dad about it who is all into the martial arts, has a bunch of books on it even though he doesn't do it. But my mom does not like the fact that I'm tomboyish, and fighting is just something to attribute to boy behavior. So, unless I can somehow convince her it's necessary, I won't bother asking. My friend who lives close to our area is practicing karate, I think he's a yellow belt, so I may ask him to help, though he felt that if I'm not going to go to class it's pointless.

I may not be able to do some of this stuff with the arms yet, like vaulting, because I lack the arm strength. I can't even do one pull-up on this bar outside.

Athrun Zala
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gorman Conall on Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:20 pm

I actually can only manage around..three pull ups maybe? The upper body strength is required for climbing obstacles and cat leaps and such. However the momentum of your movement carries you through most vaults.

As far as karate go's I cant say a lot, I don't know your parents or why they feel the way they do. Parents are human and are as fallible and unreasonable as any other human, but I cant simply make that judgment from here. My own opinion is, that everyone should know how to protect themselves. No matter how much someone try's to sugarcoat it, the world is a dangerous place and people that have no morals exist. The worst part is women are a larger target for them then men because of the fact that they are physically weaker and usually can not defend themselves.

I teach Serenity to defend herself, I teach her a different way then I myself fight but I teach her none the less.

In any case that only lasts until you reach adulthood and then you are free to do as you see fit, judging by what I have seen of you I would say you're already 16 or 17. That or you are younger and very mature for your age.

Gorman Conall
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!