Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Is he crazy?

a topic in The Writer's Lounge, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

A place for original short stories, fanfiction, essays, and the like.

Is he crazy?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NotAFlyingToy on Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:26 pm

Dear Parents of the estranged and brutalistic mind:

I’ve never been here. Not really.

It’s funny, you know, when people comment on my livelihood and my creativity. I’m not creative. I steal. I’ve done nothing but steal over the past several years of my life, because here, on earth, I’m not. I’ve never been truly alive here.

Whenever I walk somewhere my mind is slowly filtering out reality, and I get so lost in my dream worlds and fantasies that I travel far away, towards the ends of oblivion, creating battles and heroes and knights and maidens who all cry out to me to come and finish their stories. I think, in this way, I’ve gone a little insane. Just a little crazy, crazy enough to ravish myself with words and histories that revolve and conspire and end at a single focal point; my mind.

Before you justify yourselves with doing the right thing and ripping away the outlet; let me say only this: this did not start in a month.

Rings around my eyes? They’ve been there for centuries. The horsemen and the slaughtered in my imagination simply existed since I awoke from a shell. I’ve always talked to myself, walked funny, been isolated, lifted myself higher than I truly am in order to seize the day and become someone who I’m not, someone who I can never truly be. And that is the true crime.

This did not start recently, but was always revolving, spinning on an axis.

So, when you block the source of the outlet, when you bar my mind of fully putting fingers to keyboard and writing out these fantasies until they spill onto the page, I feel as though a character, all of my characters, have suddenly washed away. I can hear their sorrow, their unanswered, undeveloped stories flow through me.

And I cry.

I cry from exhaustion and I cry from truly feeling as though I have been wronged. I cry because I know that deep down you both are right, and that maybe this time I’ve gone too far, delved too deep into my fantasies and friends and a world that is NOT REAL, but is at the same time.

I should be thanking you, but I am too tired, too close to tears to make the words burst forth, and so they will stay on this page.

Thank you.

-Chris (Your son)

((Let me know what you think))

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NotAFlyingToy
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Is he crazy?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orith Nar on Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:40 pm

Insanity....Insanity....Sanity is for the insane, insanity is for the sane, my words may speak to you, as we share views of our characters.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." -~-~-~- Edgar Allan Poe.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Orith Nar
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bllwolf1 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:05 pm

Impressive. I am sure that this will accomplish your goal, which I assume to be preventing you from RP'ing.

As for my view on what you actually speak about, I agree. I feel the same (if to a slightly lesser extent) about what I write, create, design. And specifically to you, Masslz, it is likely that you will become a great writer.
RANDOM FACTS
Dracul meant Dragon in Romanian in the time of Vlad the Impaler, the man also known as Draculea, or Dracula.
Draculea literally means "Son of the Dragon"

bllwolf1
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaoticsunrise on Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:20 am

It's very interesting...
I think that all writers can feel that sometimes, that they are going a little insane, being caught up in nothing but the fantasies of the stories they tell...

I think it was put in a very creative way, though. Wonderful.
♥UCTigerette♥
♥ImagineThat!♥
♥RaeRaeButterfly♥
♥Music♥
♥Lavender♥
♥Aika♥
♥Nezzera♥
♥Ariki♥
♥Adrianna♥
♥Tæfarós♥
Forces unseen p u l l i n g strings in your heart
Everyone wants to feel safe in the dark.

♥OriginalSix♥

ClickHereIfYouWannaGiveMeLove;;

chaoticsunrise
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!