Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Crystal Knights: OOC & SignUp

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Crystal Knights: OOC & SignUp

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Logarithms on Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:50 pm

NEWS BULLETIN:
GUYS. Please revise your character sheets to include the History segment of it. Also, I'd like everyone to lengthen the post further to improve the post length! I intend this Role Play to display a slightly higher level of posts, so please follow along with it if you do intend to follow this role play!

Also, made more colour changes to show the really important parts of this post. Which also means some parts are probably crap that could be ignored.. And some are those that shouldn't be ignored. The Red and Blue parts are those that should be paid it's due attention. The purple parts.. (There's only one.) Are my very own words. Which could be ignored, though I sincerely hope it won't be.

And also. My character sheet is at the end of this post. You could refer to it to see how I would expect your character sheets to be. You don't have to mimic it to a close extent, but I do hope to receive something close to what mine is. I'd like to have you all pay more attention to this News Bulletin too, this will later on be changed to update you all on any latest changes in story line, plot, and so on. You'll get what i mean later.

Not that I would know why you would bother to go there when you already got here, but here it is.
Interest Check: crystal-knights-t23211.html

^ Link: http://lufia.rpgplanet.gamespy.com/file ... uf2map.gif

CRYSTAL KNIGHTS-

The world of Gaia is a peaceful place, originally ruled by Gods that resided on the lands they made. However, peace was ephemeral. The Gods soon encountered their nemeses, the Dark Gods, who actively contested these reigning Gods' powers. The war was harsh and bitter, and the lands were soon torn. Yet the Gods successfully crushed the Dark Gods, and once again took control of Gaia as it's rightful owners.

But as the Gods look back on the world, they realized the war had destroyed more than they had expected. With much regret, they set to work on the repair of the world, which took them ages. Nevertheless, they restored it to it's original state.

However, one problem remained. One imperfection. The Dark Gods' powers. Being too powerful, the Gods themselves were unable to obliterate the very existence of these powers, and thus converted them into Crystals, and entrusted them to the elves on Gaia...

Yet the Humans were one selfish bunch. The Crystals never stayed a secret for long, and soon, Humans started a war against the Elves, stealing the Crystals from them. This began the long bout of hatred between the two races. Fortunately, Humans were unable to use magic, and thus unable to harness the powers of the crystals, as such, they were kept in the Royal Treasuries as treasures.

That was in the year 2020 CT, during the reign of the almighty kingdom of Pangea. As times go past, kingdoms fall, and new ones rise. The year 2049 CT was one of great change. The split of the kingdom between it's powerful princes and lords, to 4 major kingdoms- Akhmatova, Vargas, Laclos, Xenophanes. And the crystals went accordingly to these nations.

Peace seems to have prevailed thereafter, yet something dark is truly going on behind the scenes.....

This story is Final Fantasy inspired, with a bit of the anime, Zero no Tsukaima's influence. While the plot has yet to be expanded fully, I was thinking of letting the characters settle in for some time first before allowing the plot to proceed, which technically allows me to relax about the plot ideas at the same time, heh. Still, suggestions are welcome in the OOC Thread when it's up.

However, characters will either be Elves, Humans, Half-Elves, or Fractional Elves.

Elves, humans and half-elves should be self-explanatory (Half Elves are Half-human, Half-elves... DUH?) The only question probably is Fractional Elves. Simply said, they are humans with an elfish ancestry. In other words, one of their great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandparents were probably elves. It's anything past elvish parents, so, from grandparents above, those with that ancestry are Fractional Elves.

The ancestry is of great importance, because only those with Elven blood in their veins may use the arts of Magic. In other words, full-fledged humans are not able perform one bit of magic. However, Elves, Half-Elves, Fractional Elves are all able to do so, but their magical strength decreases respectively- Elves being the strongest, in terms of magical capabilities, and Fractional Elves being the weakest.

Do not underestimate the humans though, in return for the failure to harness the powers of Magic arts, they have high physical combat capabilities. It was this combat strength that allowed the kingdom of Pangea to overcome the then reigning Elves, even with them having the powerful Crystals as weapons. (Of course, they didn't use all the Crystals, in fact, there was some amount of internal conflict then about whether or not to utilise such a dangerous weapon)

More importantly. There are 7 Crystals in total. Each kingdom, other than Xenophanes, have 2. Xenophanes is the only kingdom without any of the Crystals, having 'lost them via mysterious causes'. No one has taken responsibility for it's theft (If it's even a theft in the first place).

Right then. GUIDE:

The Map

If you have normal eyesight, you should be able to notice the numbers on the map, yes? Those numbers are the indications of various cities, or landmarks in Gaia. And the areas those numbers represent are as follows. Refer to this segment of the post for information.

Kingdom of Vargas-
1. Vargas Military Headquarters
2. Vargas City

Kingdom of Akhmatova-
3. Watchtower
4. Akhmatovan Watchtower
5. Akhmatovan Entrance Cave
6. Trader's Camp
7. Akhmatova Citadel
8. Watchtower

Kingdom of Xenophanes-
26. Military Encampment
25. Xenophanes City
21. Xenia City

Kingdom of Laclos-
14. Laclos Imperial Capital
17. Laclos Airship Dock
13. Laclos Harbour
12. Watchtower
15. Laclos City

Miscellaneous-
9. Desert of Akhma's Wrath
10. Asta Village
11. Atsa Village
16. Peaks of Catastrophe
18. Sil (Village)
19. Laclosian Academy of Magic Arts
20. Rossla Rebel Camp
22. Ruins
23. Rosslan Dungeons
24. Rossla City

NOTE: The story for ALL characters should begin at 19- the Laclosian Academy of Magic Arts. Unless requested, I would prefer that all the characters play students of that academy until a suitable plot is fixed, then we'll move the story on, and allow for the characters' 'graduation'. NOTE ALSO THAT THIS ACADEMY DOESN'T FIXATE ONLY ON PEOPLE WHO CAN USE MAGIC- Humans, who are totally unable to use magic are also accepted, only that lessons offered for Humans are less professional than those that teaches magic. Magic is the speciality of the academy, thus it's name.

And, the triangular island in the centre is Gaia's version of the Bermuda Triangle, where those that goes in never come out. As such, the people on Gaia regard the area as sacred grounds that no one should intrude upon.

Character Sheet

Name:
Weapon: (Doesn't require much description, but to lengthen the post, you could give it a name and explain it's origins)
Magic: (If Applicable, please put in more details, naming, describing and explaining the skills your character have)
Appearance: (Best given with an image to show more detail, or with a sufficient amount of description)
Personality: (No one-liners. Explain with detail how it could have came about)
History: (At least a paragraph. Please explain with as much detail. I doubt I'll be accepting amnesiacs in this role-play)

(You may add more information. The more, the better. And if you intend to begin the role play not as a student, please do me a favour and seek my approval before getting on to it. And before anything. Playing the teachers not be allowed, sorry. It's meant for my plot expansion later on.)

The Whos, Whats, Wheres, Whens, Whys, Hows.... And Rules.
Right. When the thread is up, you'll all start from the Academy, as students, preferably. Then, later, by plot expansion, things will change.

Please take note. The classic rules apply.
-No God Modding (In other words, God Mode, not being able to take any hurt)
-No controlling other's characters
-No killing of other player's character unless permission is granted by other player (NOTE: I will be the only person that may take lives at will. But it won't be indiscriminate or without explained reasons. Only if circumstances states so, and those circumstances are when a character desperately needs to be killed for the story to proceed, or have to be killed to make the role play as psychologically realistic as possible)
-Swearing is allowed, but keep it at moderate levels (Don't go overboard)
-Romance is highly encouraged (But avoid Mature stuff like, the art of procreation. I'm a fan of euphemism.)
-Quality Posts (No one liners, no one paragraphs. Add in more detail, what your character is thinking, description of surroundings)
-Try to maintain level of activity (I know we have a life... But one post a day should do fine..?)

NOTE, once again....
-When the plot expansion comes on, please ensure your character is able to react to the changes in the most realistic manner possible (Hint Hint!)
-The Academy is multi-racial. Elves, although they hate humans, are also in the Academy. All the races are able to co-exist with rather impressive harmony. (That doesn't mean all are this way. Some may not, but those are few and far between.)
-Before the plot expansion, all characters are restricted to the Academy. Which also means I will expand the plot as early as possible. Let's say this is a strategy to ensure I'll get back to you all quickly, heh heh. The Academy is extremely big, so vast it's like a city in it's own right.. Which is true. It was meant to be that way, since Laclos is the richest kingdom throughout Gaia.
-If you bothered to look at the Map segment above. The more areas owned by the Kingdom, the richer it is. The lesser areas owned, the poorer. All this with the Kingdom of Vargas as exception. It is the only kingdom with little territories owned, but is relatively rich.
-All Nations have signed a Peace Treaty with each other at the moment.

FINALLY.
-Please do keep an eye on this first post. I suggest you bookmark this page, actually. Since there (Apparently) seems to be no word limit in posts, I'll be using this like a News Bulletin board, so there will be updated news here, in the form of quotes above the map. It'll be good if you can keep an eye out for this thread before posting, hee.

Name: Sera Leslie
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Race: Fractional Elf
Weapon: Runic Blade
Sera's very own blade given to her by her family to mark her 16th birthday. This blade is specially enchanted to be able to absorb all the elements thrown at it. However, it requires a rather long incantation from Sera, which results in the blade being used more in melee combat than in deflecting Magic spells. Though, with enough luck, spells may still be deflected.

Magic: Sera herself is a Master Magician despite being a Fractional Elf. Wielding exceptional control over the elements, she is often labelled the 'Gifted' amongst her peers and teachers alike.
-Flames of Hate
By mentally chanting the activating incantation, Sera unleashes flames from her hands at her adversaries, burning them with flames akin to that in Hell. These flames burns at extreme temperatures that could melt metal, but is the most tiring spell which Sera may use in battle. Note that it also burns her hands slightly when she throws it at her opponents. This is offset by the gloves she wears, which is resistant to fire.

-Elemental Enchantments
Her superior grasp of Magic allows Sera to enchant her weapon with the various elements to handle various circumstances. This is her least energy consuming spell which she actively abuse in battle. It does not add much hurt to her weapon, but it does work well against people weak against particular elements. Also, the effects of each element are as stated below.

Fire- Burning Effect
Water/Ice/Wind- Cold
Darkness- Curse (Recovery is slowed down drastically. Cancel the effect by using a healing potion or spell)
Light/Others- None

-Destruction
Unleashing her internal magical energy around her creates an incredibly strong sphere about her. This sphere consists of all the elements whirling about, and is impossible to endure. However, it has a rather short area of effect, of about 10 metres in radius with Sera as the centre point. Yet those who come into contact with it face devastating harm. Note that the spell does not harm Sera in anyway, but it consumes all the energy Sera has at present. Note that even if Sera has minimal amount of energy left, it can still deliver an effect similar to when she has full amount of energy. The only difference is how tired she would be. The lesser energy she has when executing the spell, the more tired she would be.
Appearance:
Ignore the dagger the girl holds. The above without the dagger is otherwise her favoured dressing, and often, she is seen in these than any other. Standing at a height of 6"0, and weighing a healthy 120 pounds, she boasts of a generally curvaceous figure and an attractive face.

Her clothing are not to be underestimated too. While it appears simple, and rather weak physically, it is exceptionally strong elementally, being able to resist most elements, especially fire. However, against melee combatants, it is undeniably weak, being unable to hold off a direct attack by a normal weapon.

Personality: Seemingly impassive. She is actually kind and demure. Although she hails from a family of Nobles in the Kingdom of Laclos, she is not overbearingly proud, and quietly detests the occasional habit of Nobles to treating the Commoners with disdain. Even her ingenuity in academic, combat studies doesn't push her confidence to the extent she behaves in an extremely proud manner. In a nutshell, she is extremely humble.

Not to mention too, she is particularly shrewd too. When it comes to military strategy, she is somehow able to tell what the other party is trying to carry out, and plan a counter measure against it- making her an excellent commander.

History: Born to the famous noble family of the Leslies, she had much expectations heaped on her. Her family was made famous by Ezekiel Leslie, a general of the Kingdom of Laclos, famed for his cleverness in military affairs, and even state affairs, having helped King Lionel XII of Laclos in this matters. This was followed closely by Gabriel Leslie, another general.

Now, this chain is expected to be continued by her brother, Lionel Leslie, who is nothing close to his ancestors, a lazy bum, who is nothing close to intelligent, and simply squanders away the wealth of the family. Instead of feeling any sense of loyalty to the current king, King Richard XVI, he feels jealousy. Jealousy over his greater wealth, jealousy over the fact that he is able to flirt around with girls without getting oppressed by increasing expectations and demands from his Noble parents.

All this only made Sera silently dislike him more as a brother, and she strove to work hard so that the expectations could be taken from him. All this, because Sera wanted to be noticed. Throughout her growing years, being the male and oldest of the family, Lionel had it best, receiving the most attention and rewards for the slightest improvements in results, however slight. Yet for her to receive near-zero attention even for drastic improvements, it was absolutely unfair, yet she continues to work on.

However, time goes by, this thought changes, now, she works to her own interests. (Which will be expressed later on in the Role Play)
Last edited by Logarithms on Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Judge users by their posts, not by their stars... (Admittedly, those stars seems somewhat bugged.)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Logarithms
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Crystal Knights: OOC & SignUp

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSource on Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:08 pm

(Please tell me if I'm supposed to do this here.)

Name: Irwin Baldwin
Race: Fractional Elf
Weapon: Rod
Magic: Light (If Applicable)
Appearance: Brown, curly hair, slightly overweight, over 6'0, with a hawkish beak nose. He appears to be over 18, but not quite in his 20's, despite his age. He is dressed in a tunic and cloak.
Personality:
Irwin is suprisingly mature for his appearance. Though he appears to be a teenager, he is as experienced as someone normally at least a handful of years older than he really is. He dispenses advice on academic matters to other students and is generally an Honor student.

When he sees others mistreated and abused he is quick to show a short temper, although he is generally patient for himself. He also enjoys to spend his free time with friends, or if not possible, he has a secondary job as a veterinarian.

History:
Irwin is known as a happy but serious student with a reputation for being courteous. This is because he was tutored in ettiquette school for a year before he came to the Academy. He is a late comer to the Academy, being here only a handful of years despite excelling at the Light element.

Irwin is not an amnesiac, but he has an enormous gap in memory which extends from age 10 to age 15 from a mysterious disease that effected him, according to his parents. His parents, Gunthrey MacDougal, and Sarah MacDougal are known as very popular land owners who live closely to the Academy.

Land that Gunthrey and Sarah are excessively fertile. There has not been a famine in their village, which they hold the positions of elders in, for over an entire millenia. It is because of this that Irwin discovered the magical art of talented cooking. Irwin was cooking fish one day outside the Academy, and devoured a sacred fish from a fairy queen that swam into the river. After this, Irwin developed a natural ability to speak with animals, and even talk to others in any language.

Magic:
Light: Solar Beam, Splendor (attacks all enemies from a radius around her)
Air: Lightning bolt
Water: Conjure piranhas
Earth: Rejuvenation
Fire: Fire ball
Darkness: none
Last edited by TheSource on Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheSource
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:34 pm

I am interested in joining, but I had a question.... You stated that all the characters are restricted to the academy at the beginning. The name of the academy states it is a magic academy, yet humans cannot do magic, so why would humans be at a magic academy? I am just asking this because I want to be a human, otherwise I probably wouldn't bother lol... : P
Image Image Image Image

Drako11
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Logarithms on Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:52 pm

That's merely the name. The school specialises in Magic Arts, though it does offer Combat lessons. Just do not expect the quality of the lessons to be as high as that of Magic Arts. There will be more updates to the first post, so please keep an eye open for the News Bulletin which will tell of any changes made.

Logarithms
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:58 pm

Name:
Lucas (A.K.A Soki) Leingod

Race:
Half-Elf

Weapons:Duel Swords A Katana of famous preportations that was forged and the blade folded over one thousand times to make sure it stays sharp for a life time he was given by a famous swordsmith that he had rescued from the fires of his own smithey The sword it'self is five feet in length and about four feet wide. His second blade he had forged himself a broadsword that was forged strong and straight the blade it'self is fiery red a metal that was gifted to him by his father. This sword is the same length of his Masamune and just as deadly.

Appearence: Long black hair, slightly pointed ears. His eyes are mismatched something he doesn't have clue where they came from. He wears ruggish leather under a suit of armor made by a far-away culture. He's built solid from his constint trainning to survive in the harsh wilderness.

Personality:
He's very quiet and shy around men and women of different races. He never truly felt like he belonged. He's quite loyal once he trusts you and would help you through anything. Below his rogueish appearence he's a very gentle person always trying to help when he can. He's loyal and honest to a fault no matter what the cost is.

Other Info:
Soki was raised to become a great Warrior and he was just that trainned in many different arts of fighting two main were Marksmanship and Swordsmanship. He soon came to like Swordsmanship much more then others. Which led him to learn the art of duel sword wielding. He soon become proficient in the arts and soon was now pushed into enlisting in Laclosian Academy of Magic Arts. He never took an interest in magics but he has potential in the control of fire.

History:Soki was born into a strong Miltarlistic family His father was a high ranking solider. His mother was a magic weilder of sorts. He never truly learned eather of his parents names considering they were murdered and he was carried away by his uncle. The man who raised him was also very strong in miltary tactics and skills. Raising Soki as a warrior causing him to lose all abilites of contol magic. He returned to his home in the eleven Kingdom. He now was enlisted to Laclosian Academy of Magic arts. Though he didn't think he had any abilites in magic. But he was starting to learn how to harness some of his minor magical abilites. His Uncle didn't agree to this but it was his mother's wishes before she died. He enlisted to learn something maybe to learn something of his mother considering he felt like he knew everything about his father.

Magical Abilites:He can heal small wounds of his friends and cast a holy light from his blade that gave him the edge over any kind of master formed from shadows. He tends to lose focus easy so he still trains hard to learn how to keep his focus so his spells don't backfire on him.

(Hope this is better i'm kinda suffering from writer's block)
Last edited by Soki on Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Suggest that we escape by putting fish in our mouths so we can breath while under water AGAIN I will Ninja punch you so hardcore it will knock you out and when you wake up? the force of it will knock you out a second time before you wake up!"

RM:"Please promise to kill me with your pants on" BM:"I PROMISE NOTHING!"

"IN THE NAME OF MEANINGLESS BATTLE!" *Attacks*

Soki
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Streamwatcher Person of Interest Lifegiver Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Logarithms on Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:02 pm

I seem to have forgotten to mention this, but it is possible to use an image to illustrate your character's appearance. However, if you prefer using words to describe his appearance, go ahead. Oh, and so far, the above 2 applications are ACCEPTED!

And Drako11, I changed the details in the News Bulletin of the first post, that should explain the answer to your question in greater detail. With enough effort, and some time, I'll put that, and the details of other nations into the first post. So, like i said, keep an eye open.

Logarithms
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TrueLovesFirstKiss on Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:03 pm

Name: Cleo
Race: Half-Elf
Weapon: Book of Hexs, Curses, and Conjuring
Magic: Conjuring
Appearance:He stands at a short height, and he is very skinny, without any muscle. His skin is very light pale brown, his cheeks show a slight natural blush, he has darker freckles around and on his nose. His hair is long and snow white with a strip of deep pink hair,is hair is long and choppy; his front bangs covers both his eyes and lays mid way on his nose his eyes can be seen slightly through his hair; his side bangs are very choppy to where it looks as though its awkwardly stair stepping till they barley touch is shoulders; The hair on the back of his head goes straight down though a little choppy towards the bottom, in the back his hair falls at the bottom of his neck, the pink strip of hair lays on his chest and it a little longer then the rest of his hair. Both his full eyes are pale white, whites and the pupil. Though his pupil is a little darker white almost light gray then the whites of his eye. His body is fully hairless besides the hair on his head and his eyebrows. he wears a pair of oval shaped silver rimed glasses.
He wears a tight long sleeved light white tunic shirt that is to big for him, skinny gray tunic pants, and cotton shoes.
Personality: Cleo is very worrisome of his friends. He doesn't stand up for himself, and tends to shy off, he isn't bold when it comes to fighting though hes willing to back up his friends when they need him. He is loyal and he is always forgiving, though he can be a little emotional.
...And the truth is.
I rather Argue with you...
β™₯Then to Kiss anyone elseβ™₯

TrueLovesFirstKiss
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:20 pm

I do have a question, is there a basis of magics like does it have to be derived from the elements or can be any known magics? Thought I'd ask because I might be able to update my Character some more.

Soki
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Streamwatcher Person of Interest Lifegiver Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby freebiewitz on Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:10 am

Uhh I'll just post up the link to my character. I find this interesting....*Shuffling through characters...* Ahh found a good one that can RP this.

characters/Solroth

Heres a very brief summary:

Name:Solroth
Race:Half elf
Weapon:Quater staff, 4xthrowing daggers.
Magic: No magical abilities, though he passivly moves faster through magic.
Appearance: Looks human, wear bandages around head to cover ears and neck. Has a brown cloak.
Personality: Keeps to himself, though very polite.

(Read the link of my character if you want a fuller story.)

freebiewitz
Member for 15 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby imogen_22 on Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:52 am

Name: Tessa Brightwood
Race: Pure elf, not a drop of human blood.
Weapon: She is quite capable when it comes to magic, and knows a fair number of useful combative spells. However, Tessa also likes to use a sword on occasion, enjoying the thrill of hand to hand combat. She excels in the sword fighting class she partakes in as well as magic, much to her strictly magic using parents' dislike.
Magic: Tessa is confident with basic, practical offensive spells, though her parents wish she'd show the same amount of enthusiasm in her magic classes as she does in her combat classes.
Appearance: Tessa lacks the slight, demure appearance that is common in her race, but has a certain beauty about her all the same. Her figure, although willowy and lithe, is more toned than the average elf's. That, as well as her long since calloused hands, are a result of her combat classes, in which she participates most enthusiastically. Of a pale, ivory complexion, Tessa's skin sunburns easily, and is dotted with freckles. Her deep, auburn hair is most often pulled into a braid for classes, but when let out falls almost to her waist. Distinctly elven, Tessa's features are angular yet elegant, her emerald green eyes almost almond shaped and her ears gracefully pointed. Despite her indifference to her appearance, Tessa is a overall a rather attractive girl.
Personality: Coming soon, to a roleplay near you. :P
Live, love, laugh

imogen_22
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Logarithms on Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:40 pm

Well, so long you are able to classify those spells into specific elements like Fire, Wind, etc, you're free to come up with anything as befits your depiction of your own character. Which technically means skills like conjuring has to be aligned to a certain element.

For instance, Conjuring Fire Elementals, or, spells like Stupefy could be Earth element? Just remember this specific element rule, and I'll have little to no complains about the spell, or whatsoever.

Oh, and please note. While I may be rather disappointed with the length of the character sheets above, I'll accept that it's either incomplete, or I provided too little details of it. Some suggestions to lengthen those posts. Give some examples of spells that your character uses, and, describe and explain them! Perhaps, give a name to your weapon, show how they look like, maybe, explain their origins!

And damn. Of all the things, I forgotten the most important. All character sheets have to be rejected until you guys fill in the Character's History. I hope to be able to know a little bit about the character's background before the story begins. I'll post my character sheet in the first post above. Maybe you guys could take a leaf out of it. It's going to be kind of like a model sheet that I hope people follow...

MORE IMPORTANTLY: Take a look at the News Bulletin, been updated to show the latest changes, expectations of your character sheets, my character sheet (Which you all should try and follow, which is by my own personal expectations too), and the expectation of your posts later in the role play to be of higher standard. Standards as explained in rules above.

Logarithms
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!