Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Dame Daigle, at your service!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Dame Daigle, at your service!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dame Daigle on Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:34 pm

First of all, I wanted to say helloand that I hope you and I will get along spendidly! No, up with the questionnaire!

1) What's your username? Why'd you pick that username?
My username comes from too thing, first is my latest fascination with fatasy-type knightly characters and from my mother's maiden name, which is Daigneault. Daigle, or more precidely D'Aigle, means from the eagle in my native tongue, and since the three first letters are the same to my mother's last name and I love alliterations... oh, and her favorite nicknames for me are both bird species, so... why not, right?

2) How'd you find this place? Google? Why'd you look it up on Google or whatever?
I found it long ago and decided to start anew, after months upon months of forgotting aboutit. Sorry for my negligeance, guys!

3) How long have you roleplayed on forums or chat? On what sites? Did you start with tabletop games or such?
I've been roleplaying on many forums for years, and only recently got interested in tabletop games. I have no one to play with me, though, so the latter remains a passing intrigue.

4) In coming to RPG, what've you been looking for specifically? A new home for roleplay? Better roleplay?
I seek an active communauty that likes to roleplay different genres and sometimes mix them up as much as I do. The full feature roleplay thing is a bonus, of course!

5) What kinds of roleplay are you interested in? Fantasy? Sci-fi? Go in-depth about it if you want.
I love Fantasy and Historical above all, and love to mix them together and sometimes with Futuristics or even Modern plots even more!

6) What're your hobbies? Do you collect rocks or mount insects?
Beside writing I love reading fanfictions and playing video games. I am full of halfmade plots and ideas as well, and love to daydream while listening to music.

7) What's something you're good at besides writing? Maybe you're on the volleyball team or you're a quick learner? Maybe you play the flute or can fold up chairs amazingly fast? xD
I'ma quick learner, and can come up with plots nearly on the spot. Also, I'm pretty good at recreating melodies while messing around with a piano app, though I can't recognise the notes' names for the life of me Dx.

8) Do you have any friends here at RPG that invited you here? Would you want to make more friends while you're here?
No friends, but buddies are welcome to be attempted to be made!

And lastly...

9) Do we get cookies for looking through your thread and saying hello?
Yes! Here you go, fresh baked white chocolate and macademia nuts cookies along with a glass of milk :3!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dame Daigle
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Dame Daigle, at your service!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:28 pm

Cookies and milk? You know how to pull out the big guns.

First off, welcome (or perhaps I would be more accurate saying welcome back) to RPG! Weā€™re glad you stopped by/returned, and hope it's the kind of place youā€™d be happy to stay awhile (longer). Iā€™m Kiku, one of the Mods and Scholars on the site (something Iā€™ll explain a bit more about later).

I'm also guessing I'm a lot like you haha. Though admittedly your username has a lot more thought put into it than mine does; I've had this handle since I was a wee little internet-goer, and have found no real compelling reason to change it. Perhaps I'm just sentimental. Anyway, as you may or may not already be aware, I'm sure we're just the place for someone with your interests and genre preferences. If it so happens that you'd like a little help getting started, do feel free to let me know; I'd be happy to help. I'm sure you'll be fine though; especially if you're already somewhat familiar with the site's features. Just in case, I'll drop an info dump on you below here, but of course you're welcome to ask if you have other questions.

So, the rest of the stuff I have for you here is just really general information that I give out to everyone new. Iā€™m hoping some of it will be useful, but in case itā€™s a little much or perhaps slightly confusing given the mechanics of the site, you should absolutely feel free to ask me additional questions. Iā€™m here to help, and you should always feel comfortable asking any member of staff (those of us with the colored usernames) for assistance. Many of your fellow users are very helpful, too. Generally speaking, those of us with green names are mods, and weā€™re in charge of site maintenance, content regulation, and making sure things run as smoothly as possible. Dark blue names indicate that someone is a scholar, and if you have questions about writing or the minutiae of RP, character creation, or any of that awesome meat-and-potatoes stuff, those are the people to go to. The red names belong to our admins, the people in charge.

Anyway, in case youā€™re looking to jump right in, I advise you to look first at the Interest Checks and Roleplayers Wanted subforums. These are where youā€™ll find people looking to write, and if youā€™re interested in what theyā€™re talking about, donā€™t hesitate to say so!

Please do take a quick look at our Rules; they are few, but important. If you have general questions, chances are good that someoneā€™s asked already, and a lot of the answers can be found either in the Help section, or, sometimes, here in my Questions thread.

I realize thatā€™s a lot of stuff, and this is really a huge site for what it does. I certainly remember being overwhelmed when I first arrived on the site, and there werenā€™t even as many features then as there are now. So please donā€™t think you have to figure it all out on your own if you donā€™t want to. If none of those links get you where you want to go, feel free to ask me right here in this thread, or by shooting me a PM (something you can only do when you have ~10 posts in the forum, by the way). Otherwise, exploring is a great way to learn, if thatā€™s what you prefer.

I hope you enjoy your time on RPG, and Iā€™m glad to have you here.

Cheers,
Kurokiku,
Global Moderator and Scholar
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!