Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Deep Thoughts

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Deep Thoughts

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vincent the Dark God on Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:01 am

Something that I wrote quite a few years back, see how it has evolved and whatnot. Perhaps you can post things that are similar or even comment upon such writings.

I feel that I have to leave all of my memories of the people I have come to know and also of myself. I do this because I hope that when these people and I pass away I want many people to know how my life made me, and how it also made my friends and enemies. When you talk or interact in any way with a person you make ripples throughout their life and your own. Many lives are amazing in their own telling, even my own is a story in itself. What I want to talk about though are the people I know. Everyone I’ve ever trusted, hated, and loved. They are the most important people to me, for without them I would not be who I am today. I have to do this so that I can come to terms with the day I die.

1/2/2008

An update on what I once thought is needed. I no longer require myself to write down all that I feel will be lost to Father Time. Not everything is worth remembering, that said I believe that if there is anything worth remembering, it will be “imprinted” into the memories of the people I have met, made relationships with, or otherwise impacted. If nothing of me is ever remembered in the long run then it was meant to be that way, so be it in other words. In the first paragraph of this document I sounded naïve, too young to understand what I was truly saying. Wisdom and knowledge is passed from one person to the next, and with luck it survives the ages, though that itself is rare. I don’t know if anyone will ever read this, I don’t fully understand why I continue to type such things. Perhaps just to get it off my chest, I don’t know. With this being on a computer though, I doubt that anyone will be able to read it in the future, progression of technology and all that. If nothing I do is worth remembering, then I will not have lived as fully as I would have wished. I would regret it, to put it simply. I wish to live a full life, though I am already late in starting. I’m barely twenty-one years of age and I’m saying this, pathetic. I wish for something, I don’t know what it is yet, but I intend on finding out, or at least trying to. I just wish I could do more, more than what I’m doing now, which isn’t much by the way. Most people want the world to remember their name, I may want the same but not in the ways that many people think. I want to be remembered for something great, maybe even catastrophic. I don’t know much more about myself than almost three years ago, but I do know that I want to be remembered by at least one person that isn’t my family.
12/04/2010 8:50 pm

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vincent the Dark God
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Novelist Lifegiver Giver

Re: Deep Thoughts

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Vain on Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:59 pm

Hmm, let me give it a shot.

When was it that I woke from my childish dreams into the conformity that is reality? When was it that I began to see that the progression of life is not really progression at all? When was it that I began to long for something more; began feeling that something was missing. Like a puzzle with a missing piece. Sure, you could by the same puzzle again to get that piece and complete the picture, but the puzzle will always be missing a piece. Whether its your puzzle or someone else's. I'm not really sure when anymore. Memories fade and become vague and foggy. I think it might have been when I was younger. Sometime between third and fourth grade. I noticed that the days seemed to run together. I lost track of time as nothing piled upon nothing. Or maybe it was when I noticed my parents never really accomplished anything. Day in and day out it was the same. Get up, go to school, come home, go to bed. Get up, go to school, go to bed. How can that be progression? Yes, time goes by, I get older, and my mundane repetition becomes something else; get up, go to work, come home, go to bed, but it's all still the same. I wonder if that's all their is to life? Just repetition of the same tasks day after day. Am I at the end of nowhere? Is this as good as it gets? I don't think it is. There must be something more than this. Perhaps the answer lies somewhere within that childish dream.

Well it's long....don't know if its good.
There is a place within each of us where we cannot escape the truth; where virtue sits as judge. To admit the truth of our actions is to go before that court, where process is irrelevant. Good and evil are intents, and intent is without excuse.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

Vain
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!