Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A Demon's Journey (Players Wanted Call)

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

A Demon's Journey (Players Wanted Call)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:49 pm

This RP was designed for role players who enjoy a deep and connecting story, well developed characters, and a whole lot of action and gore to go along with it. If this appeals to you, please keep reading!

Warning!The latter half of the following sample is extremely graphic! This is a sample scene to demonstrate what you are likely to experience/witness in the RP should you decide to join. If you have a weak stomach or do not enjoy violence then please do not read the following italicized information! Thank you!

A series of explosions rang out through the night and painted the canvass that was the night sky in numerous shades of red and orange. The once tranquil evening chorus of wind and ambient noise was replaced by screams of terror and the roar of raging flames. Through the streets the people scurried about trying with all their worth to avoid the blaze, but in their haste they neglected to properly observe their surroundings which was about to cost them dearly.

From the darkness on the rooftops above the panicked crowds emerged eleven individuals clad in dark charcoal grey robes which appeared almost black in the night even with the flames illuminating the sky above them. Watching silently like wolves stalking their prey, the group observed and analyzed the chaos beneath them before drawing their weapons and leaping to the ground with ill intentions clear in their expression. The sound of steel greeting the night as the weapons were drawn clear of the scabbards and sheaths which once carried them rung out and caught the attention of many below who watched them land on the ground around them. Not knowing what to make of this new development, the people remained still and paralyzed.

Not but moments after they landed the streets were painted red with blood as body after body fell to the ground without warning. Wielding weapons made from a legendary metal known as Mithril, the unknowns began carving a bloody path through the streets as the chaos and carnage mounted. Stab after stab, slash after slash, snapped neck after snapped neck, bodies fell to the ground before becoming engulfed in the overpowering blaze surrounding the killing field. Gathering together in the heart of the blaze in an open circular section of the street where the fires were loathe to spread, the men gathered as they stood back to back after having finished off the last of the civilians.

However, as the leader of this murderous band stood up straight he noticed a dark figure behind the wall of flames before him. He looked to his men who rallied behind him and formed a defensive wall at his sides as they all stared down this new arrival beyond the blaze. For the first few moments, it was but a stare off. Neither side moving, blinking, nor flinching. Then, as the flames faltered for but an instant, a pair of gleaming red eyes could be seen beyond the haze and penetrating the darkness. Faces drained of color and weapons faltered in the hands of their owners as the dark figure walked through the flames without a care in the world to stand before them. The fire at his back and the darkness of the sky above made it impossible to see his face, but those searing red eyes cut through the darkness like nothing they'd ever seen before, though they knew all too well who stood before them now.

The men readied their weapons and stood fast behind their leader, but it would do them no good this night.

The new arrival slowly removed a single dagger from behind his back, but there was no ring nor sound of steel from this blade. Glimmering in the light of the flames, the translucent green metal with a solid black core flashed before their eyes and caused mouths to drop in both shock and horror. The challenger was wielding a dagger of the metal known only as Orichalcum. A legendary and near mythical material surpassing even Mithril in rarity, durability, and power, Orichalcum was the bane of every other known material the world had ever known. History had seen it slice through even the most finely tempered steel as if it was not more than paper, and its weight also made it nigh impossible to wield effectively. Even a small six inch knife was known to weigh close to fifteen pounds... Yet this challenger held a large, fourteen inch dagger (handle excluded from calculation) with only one hand.

In an instant, the carnage renewed though this time the blood which stained the streets was hardly innocent.

The leader was the first to fall, the demonic challenger having lunged at him faster than any of them could react and covering a gap of more than twenty feet in less than one second. The translucent green dagger protruded from his neck just beneath his skull as blood slowly oozed from the wound and off the tip of the blade before the weapon was slowly pushed downward towards the earth. Inch after inch the blade made its way through his body from the top of his chest down and out his groin. Along the way the sound of cracking and splitting bones could be heard like celery being pulled in half with tiny whimpers escaping through the nose of their leader as the challenger held his mouth closed with his free hand. Suddenly, their leader's right leg was kicked off to one side. The body literally fell into two halves and hung limply beneath the skull as it emptied the torso of nearly all of its contents. Organs and pieces of said organs fell to the ground, newly opened arteries sprayed blood like fountains, and the shining white outline of what used to be the spinal chord was in two perfect halves as the ribcage dangled in two pieces on either side.

His eyes glowing ominously in the darkness, the challenger let go of the leader's throat and let his now mangled body fall to the ground at his feet. The contents of several of the other mens stomachs were also suddenly and violently released to the ground around them, but others were too shocked to even move or recognize the full extent of the damage this Demon had caused with but a single stroke of his blade.

The challenger himself, however, was far from finished.

Without warning his Orichalcum blade shot passed the legs of the first man who stood to the left of the leader's body. After a quick spray of blood from the wounds the man's upper body fell away from his legs as they stood for about half a second before falling to the ground before him. The bones were shining white as the femoral arteries in both stumps at the base of the man's torso oozed blood like garden hoses to the ground. The man was so shocked and horrified all he could do was stare at the sky as the silhouette of the challenger's foot appeared in his view before everything suddenly turned to white. The others watched as the boot crushed the skull of the man before his heel actually pushed its way straight through to the ground through the gore which now surrounded it. Every man in the group began to panic and finally found their feet and ability to move thanks to the adrenaline which flowed through their systems, but it was far too late as the damage had already been done.

Casually avoiding the frantic strikes which were sent his way, the Demonic challenger whipped his arm passed the oncoming attack of the man who was trying to cut off his head with a sword before something stopped the attacker in his tracks. The blade of his sword fell away from the handle, and as he watched what was the soul of his weapon fall away another quick flash from the Demon's arm saw a red line slowly appear across his face as blood seeped from one side of the middle of his skull to the other. Slowly and calmly placing one curled finger next to the man's cranium, those evil glowing red eyes looked over his shoulder at the others. The red eyes flashed for an instant, and the coiled finger snapped open releasing a loud "THUNK". The top of the man's head, including his eyes and part of his nose, fell away to the ground. What was left inside was the lowest section of the brain, the tubes of his nasal passages and the top of his throat, as well as his lower jaw. The rest of his head was quite well and truly gone.

One of the men picked up a nearby brick which had fallen to the ground and hurled it at his red eyed foe. The challenger turned to face the brick as it screamed through the air towards him, and he raised his hand giving a simple flick of his wrist and the brick completely disintegrated in the air just before reaching him. As the dust from the brick began to fall to the ground, the challenger lunged at the man as the rest of them all turned towards him and brought up their weapons. The flames surrounding the conflict grew larger as the night continued, and before long the sounds of screams filled the air once more.

Before anyone truly grasped what had transpired, it was over.

The morning came, the blaze had ceased, and some of the charred and burned buildings remained standing while others had crumpled to the ground in defeat. The streets were stained red with blood as the bodies of dozens of civilians littered the ground. However, within the carnage eleven more bodies were identified… Though, not without great difficulty. Some of the bodies were so horribly managed that authorities had trouble identifying which parts belonged with which bodies. The sheer nightmarish and horrific nature of it all was enough to make even the most seasoned investigators lose their breakfast as they tried to make sense of the tragedy which had befallen their fair city during the course of this single night.

The only fact which they all agreed upon was the involvement of a single individual; The most powerful and feared Assassin in the known world: The Red-Eyed Demon.

So, what's the story line?

The story is actually rather simple despite the complexity of the RP's inner workings:

Two immensely powerful Assassin organizations are engaging in a war which the common people are suffering for. Every time they engage in combat, innocent lives are lost and property is destroyed on an epic and unnerving level. Though the citizenry knows that there's some kind of war going on, they are unaware of exactly who the combatants are and that ignorance is costing them dearly as demonstrated in the above passage between the unknown aggressors and the Red-Eyed Demon. But which side is which? That is for you to discover!

Our characters are going to get caught up in this war by being in the wrong place at the wrong time when a devastatingly horrendous event takes place in the capitol city of Cre' Est on the anniversary of the Demon's Purge (More info on the Demon's Purge in the RP's OOC threads). Now stuck in the thick of the problem, they will have no choice but to fight their way out against enemies they know they have no chance of defeating in physical combat. However, they will find assistance from a rather surprising source: The Red-Eyed Demon himself.

Once partnered with the Red-Eyed Demon, our characters will begin helping him take apart both of the warring Assassin organizations piece by piece, and one of them from the inside out. Along the way our characters will face numerous challenges which involve combat in almost any and every circumstance and environment you can imagine, traveling through hostile and dangerous terrain which by itself seems intent on killing you, surviving natural disasters, investigating corrupted officials and military figures (Intrigue), infiltrate various guilds and underground information networks, etc,. There's A LOT to do in this RP.

Things to Know!!

The character acceptance policy I have is fair enough, I think. While I am myself an advanced level role player, if you are newer or more of a casual role player I would still love to give you a chance to join. Regardless of your experience level, if you plan on joining, please read ALL of the details regarding character submission on the RP's main page as here are some very important details which you cannot afford to overlook.

The following profile is a sample character I created to demonstrate my minimum expectations from those who wish to join.

I know it seems a bit much, but remember that you have my assistance at all times if you find yourself in need of it. If at any time you think that you need my help in designing or fleshing out a character, just ask and I'll be happy to lend a hand and help you come up with more than enough detail to fill the profile to the required minimum as demonstrated in the sample.

The standard to which I hold myself is quite high, as demonstrated by the character I will actually be portraying in the RP:

I will not hold you to this standard, but this is my way of proving to you that I know what I'm doing and that I can guarantee your expectations of the RP and my own writing ability as the GM are not misplaced.

Some Teaser Details

The Date: April 32, 574 Post Union

A mountain fortress sits silently and stoically as it stands guard over the expanse of Roda Valley beneath its majesty. Barred on all sides by impenetrable mountain walls, this forbidden valley is home to none other than the Assassins of Te'i Sai. Vicious and brutal to an extreme never before witnessed by human eyes, these horrific monsters made flesh have sewn the seeds of fear throughout the continent of Cre' Est. Despite this fact, even monsters can express joy and excitement. April 32, 574 is one such day as Te'i Sai celebrates the birth of its newest Assassin. A boy with eyes of crimson glowing ominously by a mysterious luminescence, his birth marks the coming of a new era and the beginning of an entirely new breed of Assassin.

Upon that day, the Red-Eyed Demon was born.

The Date: July 17th, 579 Post Union

This day is forever marked in the pages of history as a day of horrible tragedy and fear. Cre' Itian Senator Bharvis Urlkae attended a welcoming ceremony for the newest batch of Royal Guards who graduated training and were finally accepted as guardsmen and women to the King and Queen of the realm. However, upon his rise to present a speech of welcome, he was approached and killed by a lone youth with eyes of red who disappeared as quickly as he arrived in the ensuing chaos of the Senator's murder.

It was upon this day that the legend(s) of the Red-Eyed Demon began.

Year: September 28th, 591 Post Union

The streets of Cre' Est are marred by the blood of over four hundred innocent lives between the hours of ten o'clock in the morning and twelve o'clock in the afternoon as the streets run red and the air is filled with the stench of death. Standing in the middle of this horrific massacre is the Red-Eyed Demon, his eyes aglow as he relishes in the smell of blood all around him. His fury knows no limits, nor his ruthlessness any boundaries… He is proven beyond the shadow of a doubt to be the ultimate killing machine. City guards and Royal Guards alike fell to his twin Orichalcum blades that day, and even the strongest among them was not but child's play in the face of such a fearsome and peerless monstrosity. What was once the Central Square in the capitol city of Cre' Est, a place of gathering and cheer, is forever transformed upon this day and henceforth labeled as the Demon's Quarter. This day, September 28th, is now known as the Demon's Purge. It is a day where most remain indoors and off the streets, especially at night.

… None dare tread this now forbidden and loathsome ground within the capitol for fear of the Demon's reappearance.

Thank you very much for your time, and I hope to see some new characters soon!

Last edited by KumoriRyuu on Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kumori Ryuu

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Re: A Demon's Journey (Players Wanted Call)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:17 pm

Bumping. I only have three peeps total (myself included) and I'm hoping to find at least one more!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:33 pm

Bumping. I have two peeps besides myself but I'm hoping for at least one more. If you enjoy RP's with a deep story, well developed and strong characters, and a whole lot of action and gore, then this is the RP for you.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:10 pm

Bump!

I got two people aside from myself and I'm looking for at least one more. The bit italicized bit in the beginning can be a bit much, I know, but this RP is going to be fast paced and action packed so it seemed a good way to introduce you to the main anti-hero of the story.

Hopefully the idea of interacting with him is appealing to some.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:36 pm

Bumping again.

The RP has turned into a 1x1 which is nice, but it was designed for a group. If you enjoy a lot of action, mystery and intrigue, and tension which will make you tear out your hair then this RP is definitely one you should check out. Your characters will constantly be wondering if their time is up. If they're going to walk around a building corner and have their throats torn out by enemies which they cannot hope to defeat in a physical confrontation. This prevents those prone to God-Modding from joining as they'd never allow themselves to be anything less than the best. Players like that are weak role players and writers and they do nothing but hold the real and talented role players and writers back with negativity. Often they are the first ones to complain when things don't go their way, and I've met plenty of them on this site so hopefully some of the veterans out there who are intrigued by the RP will be able to overlook my somewhat sadistic designs and at least give the RP a chance.

I can hope anyway!

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby A Rubber Chicken on Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:19 am

Sad to see you lost a member across the course of your comments but perhaps I could raise you back up to three members? It's been a while since I was last active, a good many months in fact, but it shouldn't take long to shake the dust off and get myself back into the swing of things and this looks like a good story to get my teeth into. Also, your Red-Eyed Demon reminded me of the album cover for Disturbed's Indestructible. Not a bad thing. Was there some inspiration there or just a happy coincidence?

If you're still looking for another member I'll be happy to take up the reigns. Just drop me a message and I'll get round to creating a character as soon as I can.

A Rubber Chicken
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!