Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Diary of a Hushed Man ((OOC and Sign ups))

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Diary of a Hushed Man ((OOC and Sign ups))

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ICryForAFamily on Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:22 am

A book with empty pages found by a naive teenager. He bragged about it with some friends and they decided to make it a "Mass journal". There, all people from the school wrote down all their secrets to relieve themselves from the pressure of their guilt and to have one less thing to think about. The book was kept by a boy, a boy that only few knew about. From freshman year to Senior year, he kept the book, guarding it with his life. His main promise was to never let another soul read the book aside from himself. Because of this he was called "The Book Keeper". The funny thing was, he read all the secrets of each student, though he never wrote down his own.

One day he looked through the book and found a secret that shook his world. It said...

"I did the Book Keeper's dad...I'm not kidding"

This shocked the Book Keeper, and confronted this with his Father. Enraged his his father he began to throw cusses and punches at the older man. Before he knew it, he had a knife in his hand and blood all over his body. After realizing what he did he brunt his house saving the book with him as he ran to woods. He stabbed his own stomach ripping it open. He crawled weakly to the book getting a pen from his pocket.

"I will find..."

Unable to finish his last words, his body lied limp on the ground.

A year after the Book Keeper's death, the book appeared in the library of the school. A power holds the pages together, unable for anyone to open it.

An email from "B.K" was sent to some of the graduates of the school.

"I know who you are, do you know who I am?"

PLOT:
This rp was inspired by the book/TV show:Pretty Little Liars

Basically everyone has a secret. A deep dirty secret that would ruin their future if someone ever reveled it. The Book Keeper --who is sure to be dead-- is now sending messages to all the students who wrote on the book, threatening to tell people their secret. Now what's you're job? To keep your secret hidden, and to satisfy The Book Keeper or to find a way to rest his soul.

RULES:
1) Basic RPG rules are enforced, you should know them by now.

2) Please no one liners. This is a semi-literate roleplay, at the very least if Writer's block attacks you, 1 para graph, 7 sentences please.

3) Romance at PG 13 please. and please keep kissing to two posts only, please I beg you don't pull the other character back in for a smooch.

4)Cussing is fine with me, please don't take it offensive. Just not so much on the F bomb, because seriously, no says f 20 times.

5) If you read the rules and the story please add "I'm sorry" at the end of your post, Italicized and centered please end with a heart :3

6) Have fun and be creative.

7) Inform me if you're going to quit or leave for a while. I'll drag your character along while you're at leave if you wish. (tell me in OOC please :3)

8) Last rule, I am The Book Keeper, so I will send random messages and shake things up so please don't ignore my posts, I will underline your chracters name just encase :3

Diary of a Hushed Man IC

Character sheet:
Code: Select all

[imgright] Image of character here real please [/imgright]

[b]Secret:[/b] (What you wrote in the book)

[b]Name:[/b] (Last, First, Middle)

[b]Age:[/b] (youngest can be 17)

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Over all appearance:[/b] (height, weight, markings/tattoos etc)

[b]Occupation:[/b] (student/specify what year or working)

[b]Background:[/b] (start when you wrote in the book or found out about the book OPTIONAL)

[b]Relationship to the Book Keeper:[/b](Are you his friend, acquaintance, past lover--he's bi so any can do-- Faily etc))

[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]
Dislikes:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b]
[b]
Fear/Phobia: [/b]
[b]
Other information:[/b]

Last edited by ICryForAFamily on Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Veteran rolepayer.
-sigh- I should be ashamed

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ICryForAFamily
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Diary of a Hushed Man ((OOC and Sign ups))

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lavender on Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:17 am

Do you have to have knowledge about the show to join? Haha.
"Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest." Larry Lorenzoni

my photography blog

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lavender
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aeris Strife on Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:54 am

Secret: Elyx killed somebody- on accident

Name: Stryker, Elyx Kain

Over all appearance: Elyx is 73 inches tall, and weighs 157 pounds. He isn't very muscular, just kind of tall and pale, and he has a tattoo of a dragon on the left side of his chest.

Background: Elyx first found out about the book in the boys' locker rooms, and then just thought it was crap until it reached his hands. He was going to pass it on to a friend, when he accidentally killed another friend's little brother. They'd been wrestling around on the carpet when Elyx had pinned the skinny thirteen year old down and declared the win, and he actually broke two of the kid's ribs, which punctured his lungs and drowned him in his own blood. As soon as Elyx found out what had killed him, he knew that it was his fault, but he didn't tell anyone for fear of being arrested. Everyone thinks the kid was tackled too hard during a football game or something, but Elyx knows the truth. He passed the book on after writing his secret in it.

Relationship to the Book Keeper: Elyx is a close friend of the B.K. and is pretty sure they could even be considered lovers, in a way. He can remember that there were multiple occasions where they were much, much more than friends.

Chocolate
Leather jackets
Unique t-shirts
Rain
Candlelight
Reading
Quiet
Music

Dislikes:

White chocolate
Fleece
Fashion zombies
Wednesdays
Fluorescent lighting
Rap
Most women
Jocks

Personality:Elyx has a quieter, more observant attitude, and he doesn't talk all that much. He opens up to the people he trusts, which are few, but he tries to be a little more trusting of people. Since the accidental homicide, he has trusted less and less, and has turned to a journal of his own to tell his life and troubles to. Still, despite all of this, he tries to be happy and drag himself through school. He's very persistent, especially when you tell him he can't do something- then he'll try harder just to prove you wrong, even if it hurts him.

Sexual Orientation: Homosexual

Fear/Phobia:
Elyx is afraid of heights, of his secret getting out, of accidentally shooting someone, and of losing more people that he cares about.

Other information:
Elyx is left handed, and is in shooting competitions across the nation with his Smith and Wesson .357 revolver.

♥ i'm sorry ♥

editing!
Hey bitch, I don't care if it kills me
and I don't give a damn if it hurts
I'm going to live for the fun of it
Because this is my stinkin' life, not yours

Aeris Strife
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lavender on Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:55 am

Ooh, dang. My girl's secret was going to be she attempted committing suicide and killed someone else in the process... so if I do that, I'm not copying you, Aeris. >_>

Lavender
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shinigamivixen on Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:03 pm

Secret: Her Uncle raped her.

Name: Valentine, Rayne Amane.

Over all appearance: Amane stands a short height of 5 feet and 5 inches and weights around 113 pounds, pretty small for a girl her age but let’s not forget she still has asian genes inside her. Her long slightly curly, light brown hair falls down from her back ending just below her waist. Amane’s hair could be compared to a lion’s mane in detail, and thickness. She also has that nasty little habit of tying her hair into ponytails most of the time after her friend’s death. A waste yes but she wanted to dispose of her ‘childlike qualities’.

Her eyes mirror the same shade as her hair, light brown in color that seem to held a bit of charm like her mother’s. But whether or not she wears contacts remains to be scene. She’s serious about changing every bit of her innocent streak.

The young girl also possessed a slender yet petite frame. Her skin is the same shade of freshly mined alabaster. On her back rest a simple dragon tattoo, her parents had been adamant about getting rid of that but she held firm.

Occupation: After B.K's death the young girl so no reason to remain in high school. She worked hard before she managed to graduate a year earlier than her peers. Now she studies at Harvard. Works part time as a model.

Background: She found out about the book one day inside the library, Amane was trying or failing to study for the midterms when B.K approached her. He handed her the book before he told her to write whatever secret she had. The young girl was skeptical at first but this was her Nii-chan she was talking too. Definitely she trusted him, and the book was all the talk in the school anyway… Taking the guy’s pen she immediately scribbled her secret on the middle page before slamming the book shut before handing it back to her friend. “Don’t forget to burn that Book Nii-san” She joked not knowing what she had done. A few months after that day B.K died, she thought that was finally it. No more Nii-san.. But how wrong she was when she received that email. Now all she wants to know is if her dear pretend brother is alive or not…

Relationship to the Book Keeper:Close friend. Treated the guy like an older brother.

Dancing.
Singing.
Baking.
Martial Arts.
Guns.
Swords. (An old addiction)
Cakes.
White Chocolates.
Her Siberian Husky.
The supernatural. (secretly of course :P)

Dislikes:

Annoying people.
Knowing about B.K's death.
People who judge others.
Her uncle who now serves a life sentence.
Her swords rusting.
Her secret getting out. (Not that she really cared now.)
Bell peppers.
Spicy meals.
Clowns.

Personality:Amane is basically your typical sweet innocent kid who just managed to get into a class a few years younger than her. There’s a few ways to break down the young girl’s personality. But where to start?.. When B.K was still alive, bless his soul wherever he might be right now. The young half Japanese was a soft spoken individual who always hates to get into fight and much rather stay in the back side of things. She was quiet yes, naive as well. The heavenly father must have poured in a bit too much innocence when he was making Amane. To remedy this mistake he added a tad bit more on the smartness. Which resulted in the Amane we knew before, the young girl was also a bit of a joker around her friends. Sometimes she acts as a fool just to get them to smile.

But ever since B.K’s death she changed… Gone was her innocent streak switching to the bad girl mode. She lost the only one she could ever call friend thus losing her will to be the ‘good girl’ now she not afraid to be blunt to a person even if that meant hurting someone just to get her point. The only thing that remained of her childish side is her habit of making her friends laugh.

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Fear/Phobia:
Amane HATES clowns. More likely terrified of them but the only one that knew about that was B.K, but since he's dead...

Other information:
She's half italian and Japanese, her IQ level is somewhere bordering 200 but she kept that fact under lock and key. She's also in the Taekwondo Competition.

♥I'm Sorry♥
Last edited by shinigamivixen on Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:38 am, edited 5 times in total.

shinigamivixen
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ICryForAFamily on Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:45 am

@ Lavender: No you don't really need to have knowledge of the show. to be honest this has nothing to do with the show xD

@Aeris Strife: Accepted :D I really like your character ;D

@shinigamivixen: Please finish editing your character :3

Need more people >:l please ask people to join xD

ICryForAFamily
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shinigamivixen on Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:11 am

Yes sir! I'll finish it by today. >.< -whacks muse to work so early in the morning-

shinigamivixen
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RaeRaeButterfly on Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:15 am

Secret: Elle is a mother of a three month old little girl.. She was only a month pregnant when she scribbled down 'I'm Pregnant' and now she's a mother of Lucy. Wow that year went fast.
Name: Anderson, Mary Chantelle.But call her Chantelle or Elle.
Over all appearance: Chantelle is five feet and five inches tall, and she's rather curvy. She's still got baby
Occupation: Elle is currently still at school as a Junior but she's also working part time at McDonalds.
Background: Elle was handed that book one day in science, by BK actually. She scribbled down her secret and let him take it and given it to someone else to write in, not realising what she had actually done. Now whoever picked up that book, could read her secret. Chantelle had gotten drunk..mainly because Mark just kept on handing her punch that he had spiked at a party and there you go. He knocked her up. And now she has Lucy, her adorable little girl.
Relationship to the Book Keeper: Elle was his science partner. And he was rather nice and now that his dead, it's really disappointing. Well at least she thinks his dead..
Lucy - Her three month old daughterHer familyIce-creamChildren Cooking Chicken ParmigianaHerbs Mushrooms Flowers Visiting her mother's churchSugary foodBeing trusted FashionFairy tales
Dislikes:
Ø Complete darknessØ Being excludedØ People judging her based on the fact that she's a teen motherØ Suspicious peopleØ When she has to lieØ Sexist peopleØ First impressionsØ Really tall peopleØ BloodØ
Personality: Don't waste your breath if your going to be an optimist or pessimist about something. Chantelle is realistic when it comes to things. She's not one to dampen the mood or lighten the mood, she'll be truthful and realistic. She hates getting people's hopes up or destroying dreams, so she tends to stay in the middle. Although Elle is quite sweet and caring, god..she can be a real bitch. Elle's temper isn't that bad. She hates to yell and confront people, so revenge is normally what she ends up doing. As surprised as you may be..after saying what I have just said..Chantelle is actually a quiet girl. She doesn't talk unless being talked too and it takes a lot of confidence to drum up a couple of sentences to start a conversation. This meaning, Elle is actually quite shy. When it involves talking to people, she's shy. Chantelle is honest. She was raised that way and has stuck by that family value, even though she hasn't stuck with all the family values. Respect everyone, even your enemies. Why the heck would she want to be nice to people she hate? Elle get's the point of being respectful to people but seriously, if someone's broken her heart, why should respect them?
Sexual Orientation: Straight.
Fear/Phobia: Chantelle is terrified of people finding out her secret, heights, spiders and small spaces.
Other information:
The father of Lucy is Mark. When Mark found out he shrugged and moved out of town with his new girlfriend Miranda.

done :)
Last edited by RaeRaeButterfly on Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.

RaeRaeButterfly
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ICryForAFamily on Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:23 am

@shinigamivixen 1) Im a girl D: xD 2) take your time deary =w= <3

@RaeRaeButterfly Alright I have a slight problem nothing that big, well according to the plot that I wrote the present time is a year after his death. So It's impossible to be pregnant for 3 months. It's just a slight change. :3

ICryForAFamily
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shinigamivixen on Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:25 am

Whoopsie TwT Sorry I cry! D8

shinigamivixen
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ICryForAFamily on Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:32 am

=w= forgiven Shini :3 <3

ICryForAFamily
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RaeRaeButterfly on Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:34 am

Changed it :)

RaeRaeButterfly
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ICryForAFamily on Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:44 am

Much better :3 :D take your time finishing your character >w<

ICryForAFamily
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shinigamivixen on Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:22 am

yay! nearly done T.T -finishes personality-

shinigamivixen
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shinigamivixen on Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:39 am

Im done with mine I cry XD

shinigamivixen
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ICryForAFamily on Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:24 am

:"D Yay accepted @w@ just need a few more people then I'll make the ic :3

ICryForAFamily
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lavender on Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:20 am

discard.
Last edited by Lavender on Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lavender
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aeris Strife on Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:25 am

ICryForAFamily wrote:@ Lavender: No you don't really need to have knowledge of the show. to be honest this has nothing to do with the show xD

@Aeris Strife: Accepted :D I really like your character ;D

@shinigamivixen: Please finish editing your character :3

Need more people >:l please ask people to join xD

Thanks! I really tried to make Elyx good.

Aeris Strife
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Litria Death on Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:28 pm

Secret: "I'm still in the closet about my sexuality..."

Name: Wright, Anouk, Janna

Over all appearance: [i]Height: 5'8"
Weight: 122 lbs
Tattoos: Black Rose, located on right hip. Cross at base of neck. Two axes criss-crossing like an 'X' on the bottom of her back.
Piercings: All parts of ear, nose, belly button, tongue.

Occupation: Student; Junior in College; working towards a career in Journalism.

Background:

Relationship to the Book Keeper: Past girlfriend, close friend after the break up.

Dislikes:

Personality:

Sexual Orientation: [Unknown by most, she's bisexual.]

Fear/Phobia:

Other information:

Editing!

Litria Death
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ICryForAFamily on Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:59 am

>w< all characters please finish your sheets :D I'll be putting up the IC at around 12:00 am Philippine time. SO that's around 12:00pm? at US time? I’m not sure. D:

well just a reminder the rp is semi-lit. So please at least reach 1 paragraph. and If you're going to leave or quit the rp please send me a PM.

Finally all OOC discussions will be written here. :D you can also write whatever you want here :D

ICryForAFamily
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!