Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Digimon vs. Pokemon?

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Digimon vs. Pokemon?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby onirukon on Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:23 am

so uh basically me and my friend got in to an argument about if the digital world colide with the pokemon world who wins (i say digimon) well that got me thinking what would happen...so basically im thinking using you guy and a rpg to answer this well any ideas for a plot like why this is going on and should the real world get thrown in to the mix i have really no idea
Hetalia:Rise of the Micronations-->Image<--click on Sealand to join.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

onirukon
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KuraiRyuu on Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:40 am

Here's my Idea:
One day, Professor Oak (or whichever professor you prefer) was doing some research on his computer when he comes across an old file on his computer that has Data on creatures similar to Pokemon who were created many years beforehand. Curious, he studdied more of the data to discover that the creatures, called Digimon by their creators, actually lived in a sort of different Dimension formed by the codeing in Oak's computer. He was excited by the idea and and created a machine that could transfer human and Pokemond data into the Digital World. Once it was complete, he called uppon some of his best, young Pokemon trainers and requested that they explore this new world to study the Digimon. But not all the Digimon are ready to greet these newcomers with open arms.

So, how does it sound? In my mind the concept isn't to far-fetched and seemes like it could actually happen... sortof....

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KuraiRyuu
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:47 am

Actually, that's THE most plausible method of getting them to meet up. I'd love to join in!

He's a question for debate: Is Digimon a rip-off of Pokemon? Or is Pokemon mediocre compared to the improved monster world and plots of Digimon?

I'm with Digimon on this one...from what I remember of it...

Tyro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby angelhar on Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:37 am

I'd love to join this!!! *HUGE digimon fan*

And also, Digimon came before Pokemon. THEY stole Digimon's idea!!! D< *beats Pokemon up with a shovel* DIE! DIE! DIE!
NVM! I am back from the dead.... hopefully. : P

angelhar
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .:Homunculi:. on Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:50 am

Pokemon are more well known than Digimon, Also There are more pieces to the franchise for Pokemon, Such as the well known Trading Card Game, Whereas Digimon Failed to get their TCG up and Running.

But nevertheless I'll be glad to join.
WhenTheySaidRomanceIsDeadTheyMeantItLiterally.. LoveKillsTheMostSoWatchWhoYouKill.

.:Homunculi:.
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby angelhar on Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:52 am

Actually Digimon DID have TCG! they didn't fail. *Still has a lot of Digimon cards* :3

angelhar
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .:Homunculi:. on Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:10 am

I Didn't say they Don't I said it never shot off like the Pokemon TCG, I still watch Digimon but I had a few cards of the TCG and never found a club that played with them, whereas I found a place where the Pokemon TCG was played.

.:Homunculi:.
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MrUniqueRoleplay on Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:47 pm

Pokémon Red​ ( ポケットモンスター 赤, Poketto Monsutā Aka,? "Pocket Monsters Red" ) and Pokémon Blue​ ( ポケットモンスター 青, Poketto Monsutā Ao,? "Pocket Monsters Blue" ), released in Japan as Pocket Monsters Red and Pocket Monsters Green​ ( ポケットモンスター 緑, Poketto Monsutā Midori? ), are the first installments of the Pokémon series of role-playing video games developed by Game Freak and published by Nintendo. They were first released for the Game Boy in Japan in 1996,

Digimon started out as a digital pet called "Digital Monster," similar in style and concept to the Tamagotchi. It was planned by Wiz and released by Bandai on June 26, 1997.

According to this it looks like pokemon came before digimon.

MrUniqueRoleplay
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby onirukon on Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:06 pm

that a good plot KuraiRyuu but what about the digidestined and the team rocket like guys that want to use the digimon for their own goals that way it’s not pokemon good digimon bad now what should the goal and the organization be and what’s there goal and how do people get choosing

onirukon
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KuraiRyuu on Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:56 pm

Good question...
Well for Team Rocket we could use the plot that the data was coppied by Team Rocket before everything was hidden away and when Geovanni(sp?) heard Professor Oak was sending human's and Pokemon to the Digital World he sent his own team to get rid of them and take the Digimon for themselves.... (hopefully that makes sence)
And as for the DigiDestined they could be the creators of the Digital World. Say some kids (maybe with some relation to one of the characters) got together with a bunch of his friends and made a computer program with creatures they made up (the Digimon). Then with the help of some professors and researchers at the Pallet Town Lab they invented a machine that would allow them to subconciously enter their made up world. But something went wrong and the machine malfunctioned, making the Digital World an alternate Dimension and teleporting the kids physical bodies to that world. They would be the DigiDestined... And since time can be warped in the Digital World they could have been there only a month but in the real world several years... or even decades could of passed.
How's that?

KuraiRyuu
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:11 pm

I'm in! That's what I think! I'm in!

Tyro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby onirukon on Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:19 pm

that one is good but i came up with a deferent one
Scientists in the Pokémon world discover an odd computer program which they soon learn it to be an alternate dimension the Digital world intrigued about this new world they pick up to 10 Pokémon trainers now Geovanni also heard of this discovery and wonting to rule the world he choose to find a back door and have his men enter this new world to capture what he thinks is new types of Pokémon when the trainers get there Cherubimon Seraphimon and Ophanimon the current leaders of the digital world welcome these guest thinking them to be the same as the last humans to enter the digital world the digidestined but not knowing of each other one of the trainers tries to catch a digimon and some digimon see this and how they carry what they think are their brothering the Pokémon now seeing a chance to over throw the leaders and take their place BanchoLeomon hatches a plan to get digimon to help him get rid of the “oppressors” aka the Pokémon trainers now in order to protect the worlds from those with their own agenda the digital leaders call upon new digidestin to help bridge the gap using the warrior spirits

its very similar so what do you all think which one do you want to do

onirukon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby smileythemask on Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:10 pm

This seems awesome Im defienitly in.

smileythemask
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby onirukon on Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:38 pm

onirukon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby angelhar on Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:43 pm

WAit - do we need a profile??? Or do we just like... start? <___>;

angelhar
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby onirukon on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:15 pm

uh thats the sign up not the role play

onirukon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby angelhar on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:23 pm

oki...... o.o

I'll do my.... sign up.... tomorrow.... then? <__>; *Got to go to bed, and I have school/volleyball practice tomorrow*

angelhar
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!