Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Dividing Line: Ima wa jidai ga kawatteiru.

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Dividing Line: Ima wa jidai ga kawatteiru.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraph on Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:04 pm

Imagine yourself in an alternate timeline. One so different than today's history, one seemingly far fetched. History always proclaimed the firearm as death dealer to the ancient arts like swords, halberds and axes. They became obsolete with the advantages of the gun. The most obvious advantage was reach. Bullets could travel hundreds of feet--even miles away-- and impact the lives of people and therefore rearrange democracies and dictatorships alike.

However, as the gun's apparent advantages outweighed the need for years and years of practiced use, a failure to comply with a healthy respect for the innovations behind ever increasingly more powerful arsenals. This led to a breakdown of civilization as a whole. Improvements to the lethality of modern arms brought increasingly more violent conflicts that threatened the livelihood of the world as a whole.

The world regressed to a more simpler time. While technology undoubtedly still existed, it progressed heavily in defensive technology in Japan. Personal shielding tech made firearms almost instantly due to the electromagnetic magnetic resonator that repulsed projectiles but also protected the wearer from physical injury as long as he didn't do anything crazy. It would even deflect melee attacks at first. No country outside of Japan had yet reached this peak in technology so it was rather easy for Japan to subdue a larger empire.

Countries sold themselves out to the Japanese as a their failing economy's took their toll against the rising super power. Armies were vanquished with out much effort or losses due in large part to the technological edge as was prevalent through out history. The Chinese Empire, however, had its own plans. The only power that could handle staggering losses, was China.

A long time rival of Japan, it was credited with stealing the prototype suit from Japan and reverse engineering it to create a weapon. What they came up with was a beam based Guan Dao. The way the weapon worked was simple. It is comparable to a European fauchard or glaive and consists of a heavy blade with a spike at the back and sometimes also a notch at the spike's upper base that can catch an opponent's weapon. In addition there are often irregular serrations that lead the back edge of the blade to the spike. The blade is mounted atop a 1.5 m to 1.8 m (5–6 foot) long wooden or metal pole with a pointed metal counter weight used to balance the heavy blade and for striking on the opposite end. The blade is very deeply curved and therefore unlike most polearms, solely useful for sweeping cuts where it relies on range and power.

The blade itself is the singularly most important component. Within the head is placed a small chip. This chip activates a field that causes the outer edge of where normally the actual 'blade' is located to superheat up to nearly 4000 degrees Fahrenheit. Easily enough to cut swaths through the shields that were being produced commonly and in mass numbers. The more advanced shields for captains and generals were, largely, unaffected. However, it was enough to stop the advance of the Japanese enough...for now.

The Chinese and Japanese made the world resort to Feudalism. The countries under their influence were ruled by Royal Families. Beneath them, were provincial princes that ruled over regions under the Royal Family's control. Much the same, the Song Family of China--hailing from the same name of the Song Dynasty that was a ruling dynasty in China between 960 and 1279; it succeeded the Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms Period, and was followed by the Yuan Dynasty--Also had a reigning ruling family, and several vassals.

The Song Family has a princess heir and the Takeda Family had a prince heir. With their family's vying to out do each other, they each had to respect the other as an enemy.But they are both teens, and full of pride for their Families and full of questions about the world and what to do about their family's conquests--if love doesn't stop them first.

Princess of China Jiao Song and Prince Eiji Takeda gradually fall in love during the course of great turmoil, though neither really know who the other is. When War breaks out, the revelation of just where they stand will test their new found romance, but will it be enough?

I need 8 people.

Two Emperors.
Two Empress'
Two uncles (bad guys collectively)
two friends. One boy one girl.

I will be playing the prince, and I have young lady playing the princess already.

The prince has a female friend, and the princess has a male friend.

I would prefer it if you used actual Japanese and Chinese names, spelled correctly, have at lease decent grammar skills. I'm not asking for perfect but I don't want to see e.g " I hit u with a swrd." or "He struck with a fierce blow that it would wind him and send him toppling to the ground rolling and rolling until he would come to a dead stop." It gets tiring trying to read a sentence that's either utterly ridiculous to read or can be read but never seems to pause never-mind end.

Have any more questions, please PM me.

"When I see you lately I'm wondering on White roses, caskets Your name on a stone."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Seraph
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Dividing Line: Ima wa jidai ga kawatteiru.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ayame Aoyma on Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:02 pm

Interest levels have been peeked...I think I shall go search for this.
Eek! I hate new phones where is the collection of games I just put on this thing?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ayame Aoyma
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Dividing Line: Ima wa jidai ga kawatteiru.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraph on Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:54 pm

Seraph
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!