Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Does anyone want to start a new RP?

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Does anyone want to start a new RP?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrazyXGirlfriend on Fri May 30, 2008 10:00 am

I'm new and I've been looking at some of the RP's and I feel soo intimidated! Is there anyone else who is new that wants to start a new RP thread with me?? :(

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CrazyXGirlfriend
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Does anyone want to start a new RP?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aslin on Fri May 30, 2008 10:16 am

lol why? everyone here is friendly and kind and sweet....did i mention friendly? But if you want, I could help you out...i'll try my best though ( :

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aslin
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Fri May 30, 2008 10:31 am

Indeed welcome to the site, Aslin is a good GM and has a great grasp of storytelling, if you seek to develop a role-play to get your feet wet I can't think of someone better to help you ease into the deeper end of the RPGateway pool...LOL

If you have any questions don't be afraid to PM anyone, and you don't have to do one-on-one roleplays either, its not required and if someone tells you it is they are wrong, you can role-play your way here. Perhaps you might tell us what kind of role-play you are looking to get involved in and we, the community, can help you find a group interested in it or help you establish a role-play.
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hellias on Fri May 30, 2008 11:03 am

Agreed with the guy on top. I'd be glad to join any RPs you start and throw in ideas to spice it up!
INKING YOU.
Current RPs: Violent Cycle . Murder at the multiverse banquet . A simple Affair . Death Note . Eternia =World 1.0=

Hellias
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrazyXGirlfriend on Fri May 30, 2008 11:10 am

Well I like anime, I've seen some of the threads but I can't bring myself to join any, man I am such a wimp. But I still don't really have any ideas that would be good... Ugh

CrazyXGirlfriend
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hellias on Fri May 30, 2008 11:34 am

What type of anime do you like? Romance...? Fantasy? You have to give me a general idea and I may be able to fan it out for you.

Hellias
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aslin on Fri May 30, 2008 12:29 pm

Thanks Skall (grins from ear to ear)! Still learning though (so much good RPers here to learn from)

And yeah like Hellias said, if you have an idea of what type you prefer, we could toss in a few ideas. And I love anime!!! Used to watch this old one called 'Gatekeepers'. Or maybe you prefer something like...'Sakura Wars'- robots and all.

Looking forward to tossing some ideas around.

And don't be afraid to join any roleplay. Just jump right in.

Aslin
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrazyXGirlfriend on Fri May 30, 2008 12:58 pm

Hmm, I would like a mix of action/fantasy/romance. That could be very interesting...

CrazyXGirlfriend
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aslin on Fri May 30, 2008 1:15 pm

okay then do you have an idea at which time you want this to take place in? Maybe a modern day setting or even medival?

Aslin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roxas_rox on Fri May 30, 2008 1:20 pm

I wanna join in!

Roxas_rox
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WhiteDragon on Fri May 30, 2008 1:36 pm

hmm...this is turning out interesting, like Skall said, you're lucky to have Aslin helping you out. I will help also since I'm a big anime fan myself. :)

WhiteDragon
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aslin on Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:48 am

hey TrueStarz! As you can see quite a few of us are interested in seeing your idea develop. So do let us know what you intend to do and let us know how we can help. Have fun!

Aslin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekochan92 on Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:18 am

I`ll join! ^-^
Death to all who oppose me...

Nekochan92
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrazyXGirlfriend on Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:39 am

Well a modern day Japan/China would be cool, thanks for taking interest in this.

CrazyXGirlfriend
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aslin on Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:43 am

That sounds good. So is it fantasy or realistic?

Aslin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrazyXGirlfriend on Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:09 am

Hmm, maybe it could be a mix of both, ya know, like magical stuff, or these group of people have a secret. Know what I mean?

CrazyXGirlfriend
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aslin on Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:22 am

yup yup I get what you mean... I like the idea of the group of them having a 'fantasy' type secret while they live normal lives. Interesting! Now for the secret itself...

Aslin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrazyXGirlfriend on Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:20 pm

I know! I love that kind of stuff! But this is my problem, I was going to write a story like this but I just couldn't seem to figure out what I wanted the secret to be... Ugh, any ideas? Cause I got none.

CrazyXGirlfriend
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ohhhhhallibaba on Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:26 pm

Mind if I help?

It might sound a bit cliche' but what about special powers or something like that? Don't pull an X-men thing were everyone goes to a ceartin school and the whole world is aware of it, but something like the beginning of the next step in evolution. But like I said...it might be a bit overdone.

"RolePlayGateway is proudly powered by obscene amounts of caffeine, duct tape,..." <--Ever notice this at the bottom of the page?

ohhhhhallibaba
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrazyXGirlfriend on Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:34 pm

Nah, I think it would be kool if they live normal lives but they just have these special abilities. They don't even have to be superpowers, just something weird that would make people think they are freaks or something.

CrazyXGirlfriend
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!