Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Dragon Tales: Epic Tales (IC)

a topic in Video Games, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on video games.

Re: Dragon Tales: Epic Tales (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brei on Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:55 am

Isabel was happily hacking to peices those who would threaten her homaland. She had just finished off the group of genlocks with less than a scratch on her to show for it. Hearing the elf's words she smirked tossing enough poison to cover the area in a thick black fog. She however could see perfectly while the darkspawn would be next to blind. It was a speical mix that only worked on monsters such as darkspawn and the spiders on which it had been tested everyone else wouldbe fine as the effects din't work on humans, or elves...Isabel moved through the fog find a latch that lead under ground carefully unlocking it she jumped in and shut the door
If you like fantasy rpg's try this link! *points downward*

http://www.theseventhsungame.net/tss/refer.php?key=QSFQETCNM6XZTBS

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Brei
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfangel26 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:55 pm

Standing before the Hurlock Alpha, Calli's resolve didn't appear to falter for an instant. She held that suave smirk on her face, rolling the hilts of her blades within her hands before the monster let out a horrific snarl, revealing his sharpened, yellow teeth that were gnarled hideously. His face was shielded by a wicked helm, horns twisting from the top. His toned, scarred body was adorned with branded tattoos.

In a flash, the beast charged, and Calli sidestepped as if she were light as a feather. Her skills as a thief were of little use against a creature considered to be one of the best of the darkspawn's shock troops. Her opponent wielded an enormous broadsword, sharpened so keenly it would undoubtedly be capable of removing her head without a second thought. He swung it around, but Calli danced about him as if she were toying with them. A few instances, she was forced to parry his swings,yet when their blades met, it sent shockwaves up her arms that nearly displaced her shoulders.

Their little dance continued for a while, most of the other darkspawn preoccupied with her new companions thankfully. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw an arrow headed straight towards her, leaving her little chance to dodge or deflect. She saw Flinn attempt to intervene, yet at the sight of the enormous dog taking place of an arrow, her eyes widened. She was thankful Flinn was able to correct his little mistake.

Glaring at Flinn, she growled, "If I die because of you, I'm so haunting you from the grave!!!"

In that little moment of distraction, she felt a searing pain on her ribs, and remembered she was in the heat of battle. She winced, blood dripping from her side. The Hurlock Alpha managed to slash a six inch gash from her abdomen too her hip bone. Caught by surprise, the hurlock took a swing with his fist. Calli attempted to sidestep, but he still caught her at the egde of her jaw, and she felt like it nearly shattered.

Her head spinning, she dropped her blades as she was thrown to the ground from the impact. Spitting out a mouthful of blood with a few of her back teeth, she stumbled to her knees. Her opponent charged forward, and she flipped backwards after grabbing one of her blades. In a single flash, she thrusted her weapon through the bottom of his jawline, piercing his skull and metal armor alike until the hilt met his skin. The top of the blade stuck out from atop his helmet, and he shook with surprise, his blood splattering her like rain. Pulling her blade out, more blood oozed from the holes in his head as he slumped to the ground.

With a smirk, she rubbed her jaw before returning to the battle. Her attention turned to Flinn, who was conjuring one hell of a spell by the looks of it. She knew what to do at this point. Putting her fingers to her lips, she sent out a piercing whistle and her warhound instantly looked up from the darkspawn he had pinned to the ground.

"Cover, NOW, she ordered her pet. Archimedes let out a bark of compliance before tearing out the throat of the hurlock, and took off to behind a stack of crates. Calli moved to a large stone wall that bordered the Chantry and took cover after cutting down two darkspawn. "Whatever you're gonna do, elf, better do it fast!!!"
"Humor is reason gone made."- Groucho Marx
"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity."- George Carlin
"It is better to know some of the questions before all of the answers."- James Thurber

Image Image Image Image Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

wolfangel26
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phidius on Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:06 pm

As battle raged around him, Darrik slashed and hacked at any darkspawn trying to get at Flinn until a veritable pile was in front of him, forming a sort of barricade, as the dozen or so arrows in the bodies attested to, as he had ducked behind them more than once. All of the archers who had cast those arrows were long since dead, a gaping hole burnt through them.

When there seemd to be a lull in his area, at least, Darrik looked back at Flinn and aw the spell was close to being complete. "See ya, elf," Darrik said, smiling, and half-saluted as he ran off to a convenient cluster of boulders a hundred or so yards away, ducking into a cave-like spot made between a few that seemed to have fallen atop one another.

I'M SOFA KING WE TOD DID!!! (Say it slow and out loud)

(\ /)
( . .)
(")(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Phidius
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby outcastking on Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:01 pm

As the forces of fire, ice and lightning came together the sky began to darken. With bloodlust now fueling Flinn he no longer cared whether or not his new companions had found cover yet. He found himself surrounded by several gurlocks and hurlocks, who were preparing to strike Flinn down. He heard the Warden call out to him to cast the spell. Even though the Warden was quite close Flinn could barely hear him over the crackling sound of his spell. Flinn raised his arms and looked to the sky, muttering the last words of the incantation. The entire sky over Lothering ha a purple haze about it as fire, ice and lightning rained from the sky. Screams came from all over the village from both darkspawn and villager.
"The Maker intervenes! He comes to save us!" shouted the Revered Mother of the Chantry before being hit by a lightning bolt.
The magic energy now surrounding Lothering was overwhelming for no magic like this had been seen in Thedas before. The energies falling from the sky grew faster and faster and loud explosions could be heard even from Highever. Then finally a large bang occured followed by a bright light. It seemed an eternity but eventually the light disappeared and when Flinn looked around he saw the devastation he caused.

Lothering was in ruins. The only building still standing was the Chantry. The darkspawn were all dead as were most of the villagers. The stern stare Flinn had on his face before was suddenly replaced with his terrified look.
"Not again", he muttered to himself.
He walked over the battlefield, finding the mabari crunch that was once an arrow and picked it up. He could see the dog and its owner by the Chantry and the Warden by a cluster of boulders but couldn't see the giant or the poison flinging girl.
They picked a good spot, thought Flinn as he walked over to them.
"Here you go, mut", smiled Flinn as he handed the dog the crunch.
Looking over his shoulder he nervously watched as the Warden was staring at him. Would he still try to take him into custody? Perhaps he would look kindly upon Flinns actions here, despitehaving killed off over half the population of Lothering.
Lucky he doesn't know my other secret, thought Flinn.
You are indeed, whispered the voice inside his head.
Dungeoneer: A High Fantasy Roleplay http://dunegoneerrp.proboards.com/index.cgi

outcastking
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sparksy on Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:22 pm

Jorn came out from underneath the charred remains of an ogre. The dust the poisen-throwing rogue had released had blinded him as much as the darkspawn, in the confusion an ogre collapsed on him and his blade, stabbing it through the chest killing it instantly. He managed to hear the muffled sound of the Elf warning to keep cover and he remained under the ogre using it as cover. The heat from the blast almost threatened to melt his very armour, yet the ice kept it cool.

Jorn stood amongst the ruins of Lothering, looking arround at the damage the mage had done aswell as the darkspawn. "I underestimated you elf. You appear to actually have some power to back up your small cowardly form. However it is forbidden magic. I pity you when my people invade.". Jorn sat down on the charred ogre and contemplated what had just happened.

Sparksy
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phidius on Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:47 pm

Darrik made himself as small as possible and cast a minor ward as the elf cast his spell, but felt searing heat, as well as icy cold, anyway. A few of the lightning bolts arced to just yards away from him, and one had to be repulsed by a ward. Darrik simply lay there and hoped for the best.

Then it was over. Darrik got up and walked around teh boulders so that he could see the village. It was an utter ruin, with everything save the Chantry building flattened, and none but a few stunned villagers left among the devastation.

And the elf stood in the middle of it, looking shocked and terrified as Darrik stared at him. After thinking for a moment, Darrik gave the elf a small nod of approval, "You did well, Flinn," he said as he walked toward the now emerging group of people. "Normally, I'd arrest you, but I firmly believe that the end justifies the means . . . to an extent." He smiled, "Just don't level a city."

Phidius
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brei on Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:55 pm

Isabel emerged from her undergroud hiding place. Seeing the distruction she smirked at the elf her eyes gleaming as she approched the gathering group.

"Well there goes the tavern..." as she finished the words the roof of said building gave and the whole thing fell to the ground.

with a sigh the woman pulled out a black cloth and began to clean her daggers. She finished and returned them to thier sheathes putting the now bloody cloth away she tilted her head underneath the heavy cloak she wore.

"Well now what am i supposed to do..." she spoke mostly to her self as she sighed and kicked the corpse of an unfournate darkspawn that was within reach.

"Bloody creatures invading my homeland...my house better still be intact when I get back or heads will roll!" she ranted a moment before sighing and turning away to look at the damage.

"Oh bloody hellfire..." she turned to the grey warden and eyed him a moment. "I don't suppose you are recruiting?"

Brei
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phidius on Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:20 pm

Darrik was cleaning his own sword carefully with a large rag he carried with him, wiping away the blood of the foul beasts the blade had killed.

Once he was done with that, he looked ta his person and saw several visible cuts, as well as felt several other bruises, but nothing serious. He armor, which he kept well-oiled and -cleaned, was now scratched and dented, and rented in one place, where a darkspawn had stabbed to the chainmail just as Darrik jumped back.

When the woman emerged from her underground hiding spot, darrik smirked at the ingenuity of it, and watched her cleaning her weapons, then go into a random rant. Then she looked at him and asked if he was recruiting.

Darrik thought for a moment, then opened his mouth and took in a breath, "Well," he began, "That's not why I'm here, but I suppose I could recruit you, though you'd have to be approved by the Council* and then pass the Trials*," he shrugged, "Other than that, sure."

((OOC: *The words with asteriks are things that I'm not sure of, as I don't play the game, so I put those there without knowing how the Grey Wardens worked, so correct me if I'm incorrect, please))

Phidius
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brei on Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:05 pm

Isabel tilted her head as the elf declared he wishe to help. She grined at the warden.

"Well whatever it takes count me in...I will not stand by while my homeland is overrun by those beasts. I will take action instead."

She turned to the elven mage and grinned.

"By the way that was very good work...even if you did destroy the tavern."

she smirked and pulled out the black dagger twirling it in her hand abesently.

"So now that the town has been completely blown apart..." she puased and pulled out a flask and opened it taking a sip. "What shall we do?"
Last edited by Brei on Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brei
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby outcastking on Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:46 pm

Flinn sat down on a nearby bench, listening in on the conversation between the Warden known as Darrik and the poison flinging girl. He was pleasantly surprised by Darrik's aceptance of him killing half the population of the village. As he listened to the two talk for what seemed an eternity he realised the who this Darrik was. Flinn had heard rumors of the Warden mage who wasn't mageborn but in fact a self taught mage. Before Darrik it was assumed no living being could command magic unless he was born with the ability until Darrik.
It is very interesting, whispered the voice. I would like to know how he achieved this. I say we join him and this girl.
WHAT!?, replied Flinn. But what if they discover you inside me? They might kill me!
I could kill you, my love, whispered the voice. Plus I'd like to see this Blight ended. These Grey Wardens may need our help.
Are you suggesting I become a Warden?, asked Flinn.
No, replied the voice. Just help them.
But why? You're not exactly the caring type, thought Flinn.
But the darkspawn's goal conflicts with mine, whispered the voice. If they succeed there will be no world for me to control. Even my power cannot withstand the Blight.
You're being very forthright. That's a first[/i ], thought Flinn with surprise.
[i]Help this Darrik or suffer an eternity with me in the Fade, elf
, whispered the voice sternly.

Flinn approached Darrik and the poison flinging girl nervously.
"Um excuse me mister Darrik", said Flinn. "If it's not so much trouble I'd like to help you. I don't wish to join your order persay but I'll help."
Flinn formed a smile, trying to make it look as genuine and friendly as possible.

outcastking
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phidius on Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:15 pm

Darrik turned from his conversation with the girl who had wanted to join the Wardens and considered the elf, though he'd fought beside him. He couldn't quite put his finger on it, but it was almost like the elf was two people. He decidedly ignored it as himself being overly paranoid of the elf he'd been hunting just minutes before.

Realizing he was staring at the elf with a glazed, thoughtful look to his eyes, Darrik shook his head slightly, then cleared his throat. "Yes, I'd be delighted for you to join me on this trip. The more the merrier, right?" he said, smiling a bit in return. Seeing the elf seemed a bit nervous, Darrik felt obliged to add, "I won't kill you, elf, I respect your fighting ability."

Phidius
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby outcastking on Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:33 pm

"Well that's a load off", replied Flinn to Darrik.
He looked at the poison flinging girl who praised his use of the Storm of the Century; "Thanks."
No one had ever condoned his actions before and Flinn felt a bit confused.
Does this make us friends?, thought Flinn.
No, interrupted the voice. We'll kill them soon enough.
Kill them?, thought Flinn in surprise. But this lot is quite powerful. I don't really want to die.
It's not your choice, my love, replied the voice before it retreated back into the Fade.

Flinn sat back down on the bench, looking at his new companions with sympathy. Flinn knew the power the entity inside possessed and actually regreted getting involved with Darrik and the poison flinging girl.
"I never caught your name by the way", said Flinn, looking at the girl. "You do look familiar..."
Flinn stopped, remembering the wanted poster he saw in Redcliffe on the Chantry Board and gulped. Isabel was her name and the Chantry was seeking her for a murder in Denerim.
Flinn got within earshot of Isabel and whispered; "Don't worry, Isabel. I won't tell. In a way we're the same."
Flinn smiled as she looked at him. Flinn sat back down and looked over at the dog owner and the giant, wondering if they too would join them. He walked over to them both as they were being quiet and extended his hand.
"Hello", Flinn smiled. "I'm Flinn. And you are?"

outcastking
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brei on Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:42 pm

Isabel took a another drink from her flask as she heard the elf whisper to her. Hmm I suppose word must have gotten out about that lords death....and he knows, hmm why does my left hand itch when he's near..last time that happened the peson was plotting to do me in...better keep an eye on that one

Isabel shrugged to herself and turned to the warden.

"Well if we are indeed going to work together I suppose introductions are in order...I am Isabel." she smirked and took another drink out of the flask.
Last edited by Brei on Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brei
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phidius on Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:26 pm

Darrik smiled and looked around at the group. He'd expected maybe a few people to follow him, but not this many. He had his hand on the hilt of his sword, though not in any threatening way . . just to be prepared.

He looked at the girl, Isabel was her name, as she spoke to him. He nodded when she introducd herself and extended his hand in greeting, smiling, "Pleased to make your aquaintance, Isabel. I do believe I have introduced myself already, but I'm Darrik, Darrik Revan."

Phidius
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sparksy on Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:10 pm

Jorn looked at the elf. "My name, Flinn, is unimportant. What is important is the stories I have heard of these creatures warn me more will soon follow."

Jorn stood up and addressed the triumphant fighters. "And what do you all plan to do about it? You have done more damage to this village than you have to the creatures. How do you plan on explaining this to the villagers? Hardly tactical maiming the people you try to protect."

With this Jorn walked over to a burning building and dug through some rubble, pulling out a small mewling kitten covered in ash. He brushed it off and gently placed it on the ground before sitting on the rubble to decide where to go next.

Sparksy
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zeist on Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:23 am

In the Free-Marches there was a cave, the cave had Dwarfven markings and ruined statues around the outside, at the mouth of a dark cave a small figure began to walk out. The being was a Dwarf and he wore Armour of the Dead, he was a legionnaire. He carried an axe in his right hand and a shield was strapped around his left arm, the light from the sun almost blinded him so he lifted his shield about his head. In front stood a huge grassy field with a tree in the middle of it. it was unlike anything the Dwarf had ever seen before. Beneath the tree was a farmer gathering fruit from the Tree’s branches.

The Dwarf took a deep breath and began to make his way towards the farmer.

Zeist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!