Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Dragon Tales: Epic Tales (IC)

a topic in Video Games, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on video games.

Dragon Tales: Epic Tales (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfangel26 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:36 pm

It was a chilly Autumn afternoon in the small village of Lothering, a small fall breeze blowing throught the colored, withering leaves of what few sparse leaves there were. Lothering was hardly a blip on the map of Fereldon, being a simple little trading post to supply Ostagar. But it had a few basic necessities- one being a tavern, which was a particularly favorite stopping ground for Calliope Greyson.

Calliope, who preferred to go by the name "Calli" by those she considered friends, was a woman known throughout parts of Fereldon. Not necessarily by that name, per say. Actually, her reputation was known more than she herself was. That reputation was that of "Raven", a mysterious individual whose skills as a thief and a duelist gave her a sense of prominance. Granted, the identity of the Raven and Calli were not always put together, yet Calli preferred the joys of a little anynemity from time to time...especially since the bounty on Raven's head made every lowlife from here to Orlais willing to collect, be she dead or alive.

Sitting at the bar of the tavern, Calli leaned back in her chair, a mug of ale in hand. On the floor by her side, laid a monstrous beasts...well a Mabari War Hound, to be more specific. Its dark auburn coat, short and silky, was mangled with a few visible scars and war paint that Calli had applied herself. His bright golden eyes wandered about the tavern quietly, simply observing his surroundings.
"Humor is reason gone made."- Groucho Marx
"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity."- George Carlin
"It is better to know some of the questions before all of the answers."- James Thurber

Image Image Image Image Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

wolfangel26
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Dragon Tales: Epic Tales (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby outcastking on Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:16 pm

"Come back here, apostate!"
"No!" shouted Flinn as he ran along the Imperial Highway. "Just go away, please!"
"Not until you pay for your crime, by Andraste!" the templar shouted at him, waving his sword above his head.
"Your nuts!" shouted Flinn.
Flinn turned and cast lightning at the templar, which bounced right off him.
"Haha", laughed the templar. "I'm gonna enjoy cutting off your he-argghhhh!"
The bear had leapt from nowhere and started mauling the poor man. Flinn laughed to himself as he continued running.

The next day Flinn finally arrived at the village of Lothering. He could immediately tell everyone here was devoted to the Chantry. He decided he couldn't stay too long or another templar fool would try and cut off his head. The smell of dog filled his nostrils. Ever since he had arrived in Ferelden all he had smelled was wet dog. It was disgusting. Flinn never understood why Fereldens loved their dogs so much. As he entered the village two ruffians accosted him in near the windmill.
"Well if it isn't an elf", greeted one man.
"Knife ears ain't welome 'ere", said the other.
"I'm sorry to be a bother, good sers", replied Flinn. "I just seek a hot meal in the tavern."
"Wot 'e say", asked the second man.
"I think the elf thinks it's smarter than us, being all literate", scowled the first man.
Flinn sighed and plunged his knife into his hand, casting a small blood wound spell on the two ruffians. The two men fell to the ground in agony as Flinn made his way to the tavern, Dane's Refuge. Once inside he tripped and heard a quick yelp. Turning he found himself staring into the face of a drool ridden hound.
"Great", Flinn said to himself. "Another mut."
Dungeoneer: A High Fantasy Roleplay http://dunegoneerrp.proboards.com/index.cgi

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

outcastking
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfangel26 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:42 pm

Calliope was minding her own business, lost in her thoughts as the ale cooled her throat. She heard the door to the tavern open but didn't pay much mind. People were coming and going constantly, so it wasn't anything to garner her attention. People, inreturn, ignored her. Despite the occasional odd stare she received for the ornate tattoos that decorated her entire body, it was usually her primal appearance that made others wary. Signaling the bartender to refill her mug, she heard a familiar yelp.

Calli's bright amber eyes glanced to her side. Her gaze wandered from the great beast to the one who tripped over him, an elf by the looks of him. She chuckled, leaning back further in her chair as she ran a finger through her unkempt auburn hair, which had a few strands braided here and there. Her left ear was pierced several times, while her right on only once. A few scars littered her fair skin, implying a rather lively lifestyle.

Looking back to the Mabari, she rubbed his wrinkled forehead and ears. "I'd watch your step. Archimedes tends to lay about in the most inconvenient spots."

Calli's eyes studied the elf, like a cat would a canary. Well, she was a thief by nature after all. He was a mage, give his robes and staff. From his accent, he was Antivan. She mused aloud. "A little far from home, wouldn't you say?"

wolfangel26
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brei on Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:14 am

Isabel moved fast, quickly leaving the scene she had cuased in Denerim. Honestly it was all good and well until the bloody guards found the body. And since she was the last one with the lord when he was still alive and breathing...well she was a prime suspect. Leaving quickly down a side road she made her was to a small village of which she didn't know the name. Not that she cared anyways. She was ready for a drink and a strong one at that...not to mention a bath after all a quick wash in a cold river spring was not doing anything for the smell of blood she needed soap. Pulling her cloak tight she stepped into the village. It truly was small but a least they had a place to drink she thought as she made her way into the tavern. Noticing the mage, dog and what seemed to be the dogs owner, she carefully made her way to the bar, mindfull not to attract attention. Flinging her hood back and exposing her long blonde hair, steel blue eye sought out the bartender. "Oi, you who controls the drinks...I have the strongest wine you got." she placed a handfull of coins on the counter, and when a man tried to make off with them she pinned a black bladed dagger to his hand and grabbed his collar. "Would not do that if I were you, this dagger burns like hellfire. She looked the man in the eyes as she spoke and he cowered and slunk away. The bartender gave her a nervous look and quickly brought her wine. "She grined and took a slow sip.
If you like fantasy rpg's try this link! *points downward*

http://www.theseventhsungame.net/tss/refer.php?key=QSFQETCNM6XZTBS

Brei
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sparksy on Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:12 pm

Jorn strode slowly along the hills, he was looking for landmarks, anything that could help him create a map of Fereldan. When the Qunari reached the peak of the tallest hills in the local area, he realised he was standing infront of a human village, reaking even more of wet dog and rubbish than the rest of this putrid land. He noticed other travelers heading towards the village, also getting a taste of the local wildlife when a human wearing heavy plated armour was pounced by a bear, entertaining at the least... Deciding to walk into the village, perhaps see if he can barter for a current map to compare with his own. Or learn some secrets from the lowlives.

Jorn stood infront of a rather busy house, or that was what he assumed it to be. So, like every curious explorer, he followed the crowd into the tavern, lumbering through the door he was met by stares... So many stares. And the smell of wet dog! So much wet dog! Jorn stood in a corner of the room, to check his equipment and partake in some rations. He decided not to sit down, these thin wooden planks probably wouldn't hold him and his armour.

Sparksy
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby outcastking on Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:25 pm

Flinn looked up at the human female who spoke to him and thought to himself, Oh great. A Ferelden thug.
Making sure his coinpurse was still on his belt, Flinn stood up and accidentlly stood on the dog's tale. The dog turned and growled as Flinn jumped back in fright.
"You know, in the rest of Thedas dogs have no place in doors", said Flinn.
Before she could answer another female human walked in causing quite a scene at the bar, flashing her coin and declaring she wants the strongest wine.
Sounds Orleisian, thought to himself. Maybe she'll be more civilised than these Fereldens
Then the door to the tavern opened once more and a large hulking creature entered. Flinn jumped back in fright.
What in Andraste's name is that?!, he thought.
Then came in another human, heavily armored and his face was all torn up.
"Eep", queeked Flinn, recognising the Templar from the highway.

outcastking
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phidius on Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:08 pm

"Darrik, Darrik, what have you gotten yourself into?" Darrik Revan asked himself as he trudged down a main road in Ferelden. Bored out of his mind of reading scrolls and books at hime in Anderfels, he'd asked the Grey Wardens for an assignment . . . What he'd recieved was more of a Templar duty, but he'd accepted it just to get out of town.

Now he was walking into a small town that seemed to be in the middle of scenic nowhere with just the barest of necessities. He found the tavern rather quickly and went into it, in great need of drink. The folk in there seemed normal enough, though a few stood out.

Namely, a Templar that seemed to have been mauled by a mountain bear, as well as a man he was confronting. He also saw a terrified-looking elf, though that wasn't too out of the ordinary.

To the job at hand. that man the Templar was confronting looked very much like the person he was supposed to be hunting was described in the scroll he'd recieved. "Oi there!" he called to the Templar, "Are you in need of asisstance?" The Templar turned and seemed to recognize the man he was looking at. "Sure, come right on over, mister Revan."

Darrik nodded and walked over, his chainmail making a faint chiming sound in the now-quiet tavern. He sat down calmly on the stool next to the man and ordered an ale. When the tavern was uneasily back to its regular noise level and he had his ale, he turned to the man. "Hello, Flinn, I'm Darrik Revan. Maybe you've heard of me?" his voice was conversational, in a business-y way.

I'M SOFA KING WE TOD DID!!! (Say it slow and out loud)

(\ /)
( . .)
(")(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Phidius
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sparksy on Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:59 pm

As the tavern door opens, the smell of Fereldan scrap swafts in. The Qunari gazes over at the two men in heavy plate, strangly adorned in marks he doesn't understand. He begins to take mental notes on what the men are wearing, their weapons, their actions and any words muttered by the locals at their arrival. He remains silent, in the darkness, merely listening and observing these strange small things... And their obsession with dogs and highly embellished armour.

Sparksy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brei on Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:18 pm

Still sipping her wine at the bar. The dark clad young woman looks over all gathered with a observent stare. Noticing the large man in the shadows she cannot supress a smirk. (Does he honestly think I can't see him...maybe some of these other fools would not but it is hard for something that size to remain unoticed for long) she thinks to her self as she turns away watching those who entered with a curious eye. Her eyes continously wander the room never stopping in one place for long as she sips he drink casually.

Brei
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfangel26 on Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:44 pm

Calli couldn't supress her smile at the elf's reaction. Well, at least he wasn't an idiot, it was wise to keep a close eye on one's coins in this sort of place. Archimedes let out a soft whimper at his apparent dislike of him. He rose to all fours, stepping slightly closer. Calli chuckled.

"It's okay, Archie," she said, patting his head to comfort him, "He doesn't mean it, boy."

She made notice of the girl who had made her way to the bar, her accent reflecting Orleisian background. She found her little scene amusing, to say the least. It was comical to see men try to take advantage of women who could easily end their lives in the blink of an eye. It made her proud to be a woman, in fact. Calli also noticed the arrival of a monster of a man, dark skin and white hair. She had only seen one or two Qunari in her lifetime, and never this far in the wilderness. But they were an unmistakable race to pinpoint.

Her attention returned to the elf, and she followed his gaze to the Templars who had recently arrived. She watched with silent curiosity as he confronted the elf, naming him Flinn. Seeing an opportunity to have some fun, she rose from her feet and put an arm around Flinn and grinned at the Templar.

"Ah, I see you've made some friends," she smiled. Looking at the Templars, she pointed to Flinn. "This is Tamlar, a dear friend of mine visiting from Antiva. I'm afraid you're mistaken."

Archimedes barked happily by her side, licking Flinn's hands to play along. She gave the elf a quick look, hinting him to put on a smile and do the same. She wasn't sure why she was interfering, but it looked like good fun.

wolfangel26
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby outcastking on Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:55 pm

"Um...sure", smiled Flinn nodding earnestly.
Who in Andraste's name are these people? thought Flinn. First this nut job templar comes in followed this dude with an over inflated view of himself and now the young thug is pestering me too. It's like Redcliffe all over again.
"Mhm", smiled Flinn as the others had their conversation.
Flinn was looking frantically all over the tavern for a way he could sneak off. Alas there was none he could see, plus the girl's arm was seriously hindering his movement.
Bother, he thought

outcastking
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brei on Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:24 pm

Isabel watched the scene with interest. That is untill the door open once more. A pair of harried young men entered the tavern looked around before sitting at a table to talk. The girl listened in discreetly. (damn those uniforms their from Denerim.) she thought but she showed no sign of discomfort or nerves and to continue to sip her wine as she listened to the two men gossip. "Why are we here agian Orin." "I told ya before you daft fool..we are hunting a murderer" he puffed out his chest as if he thought himself important. "Oh is that so..well then Orin my man mind tellin me why we're in a tavern? " "To gather information you knitwit and ...to get drunk...look Logan I saw the scene myself...it was horrible...I swore it had to be a demon that done it." "Oh why do ya think that Orin?" the other man asked curious. Orin paled. "So much blood...and that bodyy was mauled beyond tellin who the poor bloke was....I heard he had dealins with them Orleisian's Logan...that could been why..but no one knows for sure...the trail went dead soon after they found the body...I'm not sure we'll ever get our man..." with that he ordered an ale as did his friend. The girl who sat at the bar smirked slightly finished off her wine and waited silently in her seat.

Brei
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Qetzo on Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:30 pm

“So you understand the mission?” said the female figure “Yes, of course, but why send me?” said Chris. The female turned her head to the side to look at him through the corner of her eye. “Part of the contract they asked for you by name and that you go alone” a hint of worry in her voice. Not many people would expect to see a woman the head of one of the most famous mercenary company in Nevarra. “That seems oddly out of place wouldn't you say?” he said with smirk on his face. “Yes most likely it's some sort of trap, but you can handle yourself. Report back ASAP after you have dealt with them.” she said gesturing her hand for him to leave.

“Has it already been three weeks since I left home?” Chris thought to himself as he finally set foot at his destination Lothering. “Well I suppose I should go to the tavern until my supposed contractor makes contact with me.” Stepping through the door there was a scene unraveling before him. A Templar and man were speak to what he would assume is mage, but other than being in his line of sight, he had no reason to pay attention any further to it and so he made his way to the bar. Sitting next a blond woman with empty glass in front of her. Chris had made no effort to conceal himself,his crimson cape draped over the seat showing in full view the dragon upon it, a symbol of his company.

Qetzo
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brei on Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:18 am

The woman watched as the man entered noting the symbol on his cape. (A mercenary...) she thought as she called for more wine taking the new glass she sipped it slowly her eyes back to watching those around her with a casual glance to the one beside her. The two men who had enter before him turned at the sound of her voice and eyed her suspiciously..one of the finally stood and approched her.

"You wouldn't be from Orlais by chance would ya" he eyed her closely as he spoke.

"I would why do you ask."

He raised an eyebrow. "Ever been to Denerim?"

"If your asking if I was present in the city when that murder you where gossiping about took place I can assure you I was not. In fact I just arrived from Orlais recently" she gave him a look and took another sip of wine.

"Ah..alright then." with that he turned to go back to his seat.

Brei
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sparksy on Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:44 pm

Jorn, who was rather casually watching the Tavern and noting the natives behaviour. Was suddenly approached by a rather foul smelling young Human, or he appeared young... And drunk. His foul breath mixing with that of wet dog... The Qunari's sense of smell would love nothing more than to be rid of him.

The foolish Human spat out of his foul mouth, "What er you? One o' them Golems I hear about? Or are you Darkspawn? Darkspawn want a drink? Drinky drinky drink?" he finished with a load guffaw in the Qunari's face.

Jorn spoke for the first time..."I ask you not to talk to me like that local. You don't want to risk anything."

Sparksy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phidius on Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:21 pm

Darrik's smile slipped as the woman intervened on the elf fugitive's behalf. "I ask for you not to interfere with Grey Warden matters," he said, maybe a bit too officially. He really thought it was more of a Templar mission, but he used the Grey Wardens as leverage. To compound his point, he tapped the bar, leaving scorch marks with smoke curling up from them. "This elf, by the name of Flinn, is a fugitive whose head shall be displayed on a stake in what is considered to be this town's 'square' by morning." His smile was gone now, replaced by a stern expression.

Phidius
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby outcastking on Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:48 pm

"M-my n-name's n-not Flinn", stammered Flinn at the Warden. "Like...um...she said my name is Tamlan...lar...Tamlar! That's right! My name's Tamlar! Hey look, a darkspawn!"
As everyone's head turned Flinn ducked under the woman's arm and fled for the door, this time leaping over the dog. The dog looked up in astonishment as Flinn flew over head.
"Not gonna trip me this time, mongrel!" laughed Flinn.
Whilst in mid air Flinn turned to see where he would land and as he did so crashed into the giant and a drunk. All except the giant fell to the ground. Flinn looked up and the golden skinned behemoth with worried eyes. Then he felt the tip of a sword on the back of his neck.
"Stand up, maleficar", the templar said.
Flinn turned his eyes towards the giant.
"Help", he squeeked.

outcastking
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brei on Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:18 pm

The only head that did not turn was the young woman who untill now had been sitting quietly at the bar. Now she rose to her feet raising her hood with a smirk she made her way out he door tripping up the templar as she did so. The man fell over beside the one he was trying to catch, not on top but close and the girl smiled as she left the tavern. She waited a few paces from the door in the shadows concealed for the most part.

Brei
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sparksy on Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:24 pm

The Qunari, greatfull for the mage's stumbling and subsequently removing the drunken local from near him. Decided to comply. The Qunari lifted the Templar off the ground, held him to his face and simply asked him.
"Why do you hunt this being?"

"I hunt this maleficar elf becuase he is just that, a maleficar! He disgraces the Makers children with his blood magic!"

"Hmph, Maker, again. How can you blindly follow a being that hasn't been proven? You shall leave the 'Elf' alone." And with these final words Jorn tosses the Templar across the parting Flinn had made in the tavern, straight into the counter. The Templar landed with a load thud infront of the barkeep.

Sparksy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfangel26 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:43 pm

Calli gave a sheepish smile. Gray Wardens, eh? Well, that made things a little more interesting. But she was not in the mood to stop this little game yet. She rolle her eyes when the elf stumbled in blurting out his name..er..fake name. And he even said it wrong?! Boy, he just wasn't very discreet.

Her eyes remained on him when he shouted "Darkspawn", and she giggled like a child when he bumped into a rather drunken fool. She stepped closer to the Qunari when he flung the templar across the room, standing next to Flinn, she reached down to help him up. She stood next to the Qunari, drawing her blades as Archimedes stood beside her.

"Like the big guy said," she smirked. "I wouldn't be too quick to piss him off."

Archimedes gave a defiant bark in agreement, his muzzle rolling back into a snarl.

wolfangel26
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!