Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Dream Catchers

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Dream Catchers

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AriesChan on Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:54 am

Summary: What if when you went to sleep, you woke up in a completely different world, as a completely different person? Well then, all i can say to you is welcome to your DreamLife(literally)

The thing about this DreamLife, is it's not just your Dream. Once you close your eyes and then open them in this fantasy world filled with beings beyond your imagination and technology beyond your knowledge, it's not just your dream. You are unknowningly connected to thousands of other people in a world of peace and harmony.

But of course, nothing lasts forever and there is this group called NightMare who's one mission is to destroy the harmony in this world, little is known about NightMare and its members and the only ones who really know anything about them is a group called DreamCatchers, who are doing all they can to stop them.

Can the DreamCatchers stop NightMare before it's to late? And what will happpen when dreams start to collide with reality? And could the work of NightMare be the cause?

Characters:

So i need some DreamCatchers and some NightMares! For both groups there will probably be about four-six members(including the mastermind behind NM and the leader of DC).

DreamCatchers
Leader- BattleKat
Tech(Hacker/Computer Wiz, Keeps Tabs on Technology NM has)
Spies/Researchers(atleast two)-AriesChan(Researcher), BlackWings(Spy). iNeko(Spy)
Weapons Analyst( maybe three)
And any other positions that may be needed

NightMares
Mastermind- Azure Limit
Right Hand(watches over other members and does most of the dirty work)- The Shadow
Tracker( specializes in tracking down opponents, covering up tracks left by NM, and may aid the Negotiator when it comes to making deals{tracking jobs}, at least two)- ValaunDae' Voth
Negotiator(in charge of obtaining equipment and information, the deal maker/persuader.)
Weapons Analyst( atleast two)
Tech(Hacking, Systems Operator, Studies the technology obtained)
Any other positions that may be good, i'm not good at naming positions so feel free to come up with your own ^^

My Characters
Real Life
Name:
Keira LightHeart
Hair: Copper Brown, short and in a spikey cut
Eyes: light green
Personality: She is laid back and carefree and loves making those around her smile and laugh, she has a habit of blocking out people, especially when they are lecturing her. She has a tomboy attitude and can sometimes be seen looking in the boys section looking for hoodies or shorts, a few times she has taken her older brothers clothing, despite her being a tomboy she loves to bake. She loves listening to music and if she doesnt have her earphones blasting in her ear she is probably somewhere quiet writing her own. She has a bit of a temper problem and gets very irritated when people cut her off or don't listen to her opinion, she's known to throw things.The time she is happiest is when she's sleeping
Pairing: none yet, but may develop a crush

DreamLife
Name: Celeste NightingGale
Race(demon, vampire, human, etc): Fox Demon, she has a blue tail with grey tips and matching ears
Hair: Light grey/ Blue, stops mid back
Eyes: Chocolate Brown
Occupation: By day she works at a local pet shop and at night she is a spy for the DreamCatchers
Weapons and Powers: She has the ability to talk to animals and can use telekinesis to control and manipulate the minds of others. She also has a plasma gun and special sword handle, that when she focuses her energy into it can create any type of blade she wants.
Personality: Celeste is the most bubbly demon you would ever come across. She was orphaned at a young age and was taken in by a middle age couple who had two kids of there own, through them she learned the importance of never judging a book by its cover. She loves animals and nature and easily gets sad when she sees a mistreated animal or a plant dying. She creative and caring and always tries to lend a hand.
Pairing: none yet, but is open to relationships

Also, despite the connection between the two worlds, they are not dependent on each other. The only thing is, when a person in the real world falls asleep they open a link to their alternate lives, so its like they are..checking up on their counterparts so to speak. They have no idea that they are infact in a different world or that the world truly exists, they are simpling dreaming through the eyes of a different person. On the other hand, people in the Dream World do know of the other worlds and that is the reason the DreamCatchers are trying to stop NightMare, to keep that balance between worlds. The only person who knows that their dream is a real world is the mastermind behind NM. So if you have a post and its like three days in dream world, no that doesnt mean your real life character has gone into a coma ^^
Last edited by AriesChan on Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
When my heart decides to go BOOM...will you be there to help pick up the pieces?
Image Image Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AriesChan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Dream Catchers

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iNeko on Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:35 am

oh save me a spot! sounds interesting! I will be taking a dreamer/spy for the Dream Catchers so when I wake up in the morning or afternoon I shall post my sheet! ta-ta for now! &waves&
a cat without a grin...a grin without a cat.
"'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe"

ImageImage
Cheshire Cat...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

iNeko
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Battlekat on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:28 am

Real Life
Name: Alex Stormrazor
Hair: A short black messy hair that overgrows around the upperright area of his hair.
Eyes: Sea blue
Personality: He can be ticked off real easily.(short-tempered) It seems that people who are older then him, is who he disrespects the most.(disrespectful) It is loyal to his friends and certain members of his family.(loyal) Though due to his mother he does have a revengful side.(revengful) Though from his dad's side he gets a strong sence of justice. He craves for compaionship and care. (dependant) He has a passion for history and the world of fantasy. (daydreamer/history geek)
Pairing: TBA

DreamLife
Name:Kato Nologano
Race(demon, vampire, human, etc): Half demon/cyborg(if thats a possible.) His right arm is purely demonic while his left arm is mechanical.His left eye glows red and green.
Hair: short and spikey. The hair color will be sea blue.
Eyes: Pirate green
Occupation: If possible. Can I be the leader to the dreamcatchers?
Weapons and Powers: He has silver wings with a picture of dragons on them. He uses a spear enchanted with fire at the tip of it. He calls it The spirt master.
Personality: His strong sence of justice is carried from his real life body. He cares for all living things except his true enemys. He also had carried his Short-tempered trait from his real life body. He is pretty mature but like everyone can be really immature at times. In this body he could be highly intellegent and is able to make decisions easily but for some reason can not make battle plans by himself.
Pairing:

Battlekat
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Shadow on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:28 am

This sounds pretty kool, i would like to reserve a spot for this rp. I'll take the boss of NightMare or else a person who is just under him, he only follows orders from the boss otherwise he does what he wants, he also checks up on how the minions are doing from time to time.

The Shadow
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:45 am

Reality
Name
Jailee Cai

Alias
Jay

Hair
Black

Eyes
Dark brown

Occupation
College student, studying Forensic Technology. She is also working part-time at American Eagle.

Personality
She grew up in a family of guys, and learned how to fight from them, and learned quickly, soon able to beat them at their own game. Pressure points don't effect her very much, and she knows where a majority of the pressure points in the human body are. She is not afraid to show off her skills, but she doesn't do so often, being smart. She isn't often relaxed, and when she is, it's because she's asleep. Annika doesn't trust easily, and often feels threatened by people. She is highly intelligent and likes working with computers.

Pairing
N/A

Dream

Name
Annika Anselm

Alias
Nikka

Race
Unknown

Hair
White-blond

Eyes
Golden-brown

Occupation
Unoccupied. Unsure as to whether she will end up joining the DreamCatchers or NightMare.

Weapons
Her technical knowledge, computer viruses, and a pair of chakrams that she always keeps nearby.
ImageImage

Powers
To manipulate computer viruses to some extent as well as make them spread to people. She can also uphold a conversation with a computer. The runic encryption on her neck and back give her additional abilities, though those abilities vary depending on the runes. She can change the encryption at will, though it drains her unless she just woke up in 'dream land'.

Personality
She was adopted into a family of guys, and quickly learned how to fight from them, soon able to beat them at their own game. Pressure points don't effect her at all. She is not afraid to show off her skills, but she doesn't do so often, being smart. She isn't often relaxed. Annika doesn't trust easily, and often feels threatened by people. She is highly intelligent and enjoys working with computers.

Pairing
N/A, though she is open.
noot noot

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AriesChan on Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:00 pm

oh yay! replies! oki soo a spot has been reserved for iNeko, BattleKat is the leader to the dreamcatchers, Forensic_Anthro's character is accepted annddd The Shadow has the spot for the boss of nightmare ^^

AriesChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackWings on Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:08 pm

I would like to reserve a spot as a Spy/Researcher dreamCatchers If that's possible :P, I'll post Character sheet in a while... B)

BlackWings
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackWings on Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:13 pm

Name: Violet Price
Hair: long wavy brown hair.
Eyes: brown

Personality: She is a very calm girl, she loves listening to music and spending time with her friends, she gets very mad easily, her friends make fun of her sometimes because of her low height but she’s used to it, people usually think she’s the shy type but she isn’t. She never let’s anyone laugh of her in a mean way, she can be very aggressive. She’s very clumsy and stumbles into everything. She hates when people talk about her behind her back, she hardly trusts people, she loves sleeping because she’s in the world she wants to be, dream world.
Pairing: none.
~~~~
DreamLife
Name: Ivory AKA: Ivy
Race(demon, vampire, human, etc): mid-Wolf , she has white tail and white ears and she’s very agile.
Hair: light blue.
Eyes: grey with blue specks.
Weapons and Powers: she has a bow and her aim is very good but she never uses them, just when she needs to. One of her powers is air-control.
Personality: Ivy loves writing and drawing and is kind of shy sometimes, but when she really tries to befriend people she succeeds. One word that could describe her would be sarcastic. She’s very hot headed (mad easily). She knows how to fight because her sister taught her so she couldn't get bullied around, she's not very good at it but she can defend herself.
Extra: Ivy was taken care of by her older sister (she is 10 years older than her), their mom passed away when Ivy was 8 but their dad had left the house long time ago. Her older sister was very mean with Ivy sometimes but she ignored it.

BlackWings
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azure Limit on Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:04 pm

I am interested...would it be possible to reserve the spot of the NightMare mastermind?
"To protect the world from Japanamation, To overthrough the Kaiba corporation,
To denounce the meaning of the original dub, to extend our reach to the world above,
Team Fourkids blast of at the speed of light, surrender now or prepare to fight,
Meowth that's right..."

-Team Fourkids Motto

Azure Limit
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AriesChan on Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:10 pm

Azure Limit wrote:I am interested...would it be possible to reserve the spot of the NightMare mastermind?

Well the spot for the NightMare leader is reserved for shadow, what about the Underling? Or maybe you two can swap? oh! and another thing for the NightMare leader.. their whole plan is basically trying to find a way to get all of the technology and stuff from *insert name of Dream World here* into the real world and if they can successfully do that then they could possibly use said technology to take over the real world, or maybe even both worlds. Hope that clears up some things, and of course, whoever is the NM leader (Shadow or Azure Limit) can make up there own plan and motives.

AriesChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azure Limit on Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:33 pm

Hmm, well if Shasow has already perserved it I will wait to see what he does. I'll keep an eye on this though...

Azure Limit
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackWings on Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:50 pm

So can I enter? :/

BlackWings
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AriesChan on Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:55 pm

oh! Sorry BlackWings, i thought i had mentioned you in the one reply i did... anywho! yesh, you wanted to be a spy for the dreamcatchers, correct?

AriesChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iNeko on Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:35 pm

Reality
Name -
Fayne Murphy.

Nickname -
Fay.

Age -
Sixteen.

Hair -
Jet Black.

Eyes -
Jet Black.

Occupation -
He is a high school student, he also works at a small cafe.

Personality -
He is naturally curios and he likes to adventure around. He is a dare-devil sometimes and other times he is really lazy. His mood swings from being violent, to hyper, and then lazy. He is stubborn, sometimes blunt, and a bit sly at times. He can be childish and immature but when the situation calls for it he can be mature and cunning.

Pairing -
Not as of yet.

Dream

Name -
Jin Mathewson.

Nickname / Codename -
Jin / Chain.

Age -
Nineteen.

Race -
He is a race called "Devil Cure", he is a pure devil and can control chains at will. It is rumored that he can kill when he reveals his eye that is under the eye-patch and that he drains you of your soul instantly when he looks at you with his eye that is usually covered.

Hair -
Jet Black.

Eyes -
He has both eyes but one is covered up for unknown reasons. One eye is bright yellow and the other eye is unknown what it looks like.

Occupation -
At Day he is a bodyguard but at night he works as a spy for the Dream Catchers.

Weapons -
His weapons are the chains he always has with him, his eye that is rumored to kill people, his wings, and the device on his left arm that is a blade that springs out at will.

Powers -
-- working on this--

Personality -
--working on this--

Pairing -
None as of yet.

will finish later gotta go to bed now--

iNeko
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackWings on Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:37 pm

yeh :P I want to be a spy for the dreamcatchers if it's possible :P

BlackWings
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AriesChan on Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:41 pm

i put on the summary post who has which spot, i'm trying to wait for a couple more spots to be filled, especailly the NM leader and then we'll take this think to IC ^^

AriesChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azure Limit on Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:48 pm

If you are still wanting someone for the mastermind I would be happy to do it.

Azure Limit
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AriesChan on Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:54 pm

Alrite! Well Azure, you can be the mastermind and if Shadow still wants,they can be the Underling,cus they said that would be fine too ^^

AriesChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azure Limit on Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:13 pm

Name: Isaac Rauss
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Brown
Occupation: College Student, Major in Programming and Psycology
Personality: Intelligent, cold, and anti-social, he is usually never seen outside of class. He never speaks to anyone, and seems to be always locked away in his room. He stumbled into the dream world, and even though he was dreaming he was fully aware of what was happening. His boody also changed to reflect his heart. He saw the wonders of the Dream World, and sought to fuse it into reality, giving him complete control over both dimensions.
Pairing:N/A

Dream Form
Name: Vayne
Race: Chaos Demon
Hair: Silver
Eyes: Crimson Red
Weapons: He fights using dark magic and his claws.
Personality: When Isaac becomes Vayne, he becomes even more twisted and evil. He sees everyone in the Dream World as his servants to be, and he works twords the melding of the two worlds, creating utter chaos and destruction, all under his rule. He is a powerful fighter, personally bringing down his enemies to their knees. He created the group NightMare, to help his conquest of the worlds, and to bring destruction unto the DreamCatchers.

Azure Limit
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AriesChan on Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:26 pm

*pouts* we still need alot more Nightmares..hmm.. well in two days, do you guys think we should start?

AriesChan
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!