Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Election!

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Election!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LALAshesang on Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:21 pm

I see that there is already a thread labeled McCain or Obama, and was ready to bring up this topic there, but then I saw that that is a topic for counting votes and I do not want to mess the counter up, so I decided to start a new thread pertaining to the election itself. After all, it's quite historic.

I have been watching ABC since about ... 7:15 pm EST, and I have to say I am really quite surprised. Barack Obama is currently actually beating John McCain 207 to 135. So far, two battleground states (Ohio and Pennsylvania) have gone to him. It has been said that the Republicans could not see themselves winning without Ohio, which really gives me quite a bit of hope, however, we all know that the election is far from over. There are many states that have not been accounted for as yet.

I'm just glad that I have a laptop, so that I can be on the computer AND watch the election at the same time, because it is ridiculously exciting. Is anyone else actually watching it? I'm basically glued.
We'd be so less fragile
If we're made from metal
And our hearts from iron
And our minds from steel.
But if we built an armor
For our tender bodies
Could we love each other?
Would we start to feel?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LALAshesang
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Election!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aika on Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:30 pm

I am! Lol. I heard them say that they might as well close the election down now, since Obama is so far ahead, it is useless to continued, after they count the electoral votes he got from the last few states, he will be at least way over 200. I'm a Obama fan by the way :D
Kill Them With Kindness :D

I got the great news... I'm having a little GIRL!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aika
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LALAshesang on Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:33 pm

I dunno, it's not over until it's over. Obama still needs 63 more electoral votes. He has to win all of the states he said he was going to.

I've noticed that McCain, obviously, is winning the majority of the Midwestern states. Luckily for the Democrats, though, it seems like no one lives in the Midwest.

LALAshesang
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aika on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:03 pm

True, true.
I read in the newspaper that in Missouri had a huge billboard up about Obama, it had a cartoon version off him with one of those wraps around his head, it said on the bottom that voting Obama just meant more abortions, more taxes, and more gun regulations.

Aika
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LALAshesang on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:05 pm

Yeah well Missouri is not exactly the hotbed of civilization.

There it is. He won!

LALAshesang
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aika on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:08 pm

w00t! Wait... who... Obama? If so, yay!!!!

But the only thing is that sooner or later someone WILL TRY to ASSASSINATE Obama sometime, just because he is black, I think it is wrong, if that happens all hell will break lose. War against blacks and whites will go on, we'll have to lock ourselves up in our houses and keep ourselves guarded, they will have to close the schools down.

But that is just what I heard.

Aika
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaytayy Emm on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:14 pm

WHOO! WHOO! YES! IN YOUR FACE MCCAIN! :D

I bet McPain and Pain are in a corner somewhere, crying. :K

Kaytayy Emm
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Messiah on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:19 pm

He hasn't officially won yet, but he is the projected winner.

As for Twilight's last comment, it will be a dark day in our history should Obama be assassinated. This still shows that there are remnants of feelings from before the 50's and 60's; that of hate towards blacks.

Honestly, if that should happen, I would seriously consider moving to Canada to dissociate myself from a country that would go so far against our president. I am a strong supporter of equal rights despite what color you are, what your sexuality is, or any other "differences" people may have. I just could not imagine the ramifications to be had should Obama be assassinated.

Anyway, I could ramble on, and I am a strong supporter of Obama. More than I was a few months ago when I supported him, but not as heavily as I do now. I am truly happy to be witnessing history; likely to be our first black president.

Correction: McCain has just conceded, so Obama has officially won.
Check out Eastbound, a zombie apocalypse story I'm writing on my own.

I may actually get back to this, now that I'm here again. Stay tuned!

Messiah
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThatsNotPoetry on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:00 am

I feel so good! We should all be celebrating having participated in such an historic election. We lived to see the first black president!

McCain is a good man who wants the best for his country. No one can fault him for that or disrespect him.

THIS IS AMAZING.
I am available as an RP mentor should you seek to improve.
I draw things that you may like.
I like Ronald Jenkees and you might, too.

I require a certain level of writing skill in my stories. Don't be insulted, I just prefer to RP novel-level material. (I, I, I, me, me, me. I sound like such a jerk.)

ThatsNotPoetry
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OrangexDoorhinge on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:06 am

Oh my bhudda. Obama won. Save us all!

And if he gets shot (0_o) then Biden will become president. Even more oh my bhudda.

Lord, help us!!

OrangexDoorhinge
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OrangexDoorhinge on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:10 am

Twilight01 wrote:True, true.
Voting Obama just means more abortions, more taxes, and more gun regulations.

This is what America has turned to? Oh dear lord... More abortions. More taxes. More gun regulations. This is horrible!

OrangexDoorhinge
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Messiah on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:20 am

I respect McCain and he ran a good campaign. I'm glad he was gracious in his conception speech.

OrangexDoorhinge wrote:

This is what America has turned to? Oh dear lord... More abortions. More taxes. More gun regulations. This is horrible!

I think you may be misconstruing her comment a little bit. Heh. I'm not trying to start anything, just pointing that out.

Messiah
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OrangexDoorhinge on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:22 am

Messiah wrote:I respect McCain and he ran a good campaign. I'm glad he was gracious in his conception speech.

OrangexDoorhinge wrote:

I think you may be misconstruing her comment a little bit. Heh. I'm not trying to start anything, just pointing that out.

Heh...I did stretch it. I'm a journalist, whadda ya expect? Haha just kidding. But that's what America is going to turn into...

OrangexDoorhinge
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Messiah on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:26 am

I respectfully disagree, but, like I said, I'm not trying to start anything. So, I think this is where I stop posting on this topic before I do start something. :P

Messiah
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThatsNotPoetry on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:28 am

Lol. This thread is degrading and turning very simple, very fast.

ThatsNotPoetry
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Luap on Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:22 am

YAY!!!! Someone thats better then Bush!!!! *crosses fingers* don't say weapons of mass destruction...don't say weapons of mass destruction....don't say weapons of mass destruction.

seriously though...I really believe that any of the candidates could do better then Bush (and all those commercials saying Mcain = Bush or what have is the meanest thing ever! Mcain is like 16 points smarter then Bush! lol)
You've never seen a fight like this before.
I'll take you down and leave you wanting more.
You've crossed the line that I cannot ignore.
You've never seen a fight like this before.
-Decyfer Down-

Luap
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LALAshesang on Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:57 pm

ThatsNotPoetry wrote:Lol. This thread is degrading and turning very simple, very fast.

I know, right? However, I feel silly for expecting anything more. I wasn't necessarily trying to discuss the candidates themselves, just the finer points of the election.

Like how the democratic candidate completely trounced the Republican one. It wasn't even close. That was what I found the most shocking.

LALAshesang
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:09 am

Unlike when Bush ran, I actually like the Republican president as a person (from what I've seen of course), I just don't agree with all of his politics. McCain is a good guy though. BUT GOBAMA! FOR THE WIN! SO excited. History in the making. Aw yah.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!