Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Ellow!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Ellow!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Impisus on Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:40 am

Hello every one!
Nice to see such an active and interesting community of role players. From the looks of it I think my ever lasting search for a good RPG is finally over. but first, I suppose I should introduce myself, huh?

I have been role playing for years and years. Started out with DnD with a couple of close friends. The idea of creating everything from your own character to your own world amused me to no end (and still does). I continued playing DnD ever since, but have moved to other mediums. First was a chat site that supported role players. Once that broke up I moved to Forums, jumping from one to another until I finally found some steady ones that I enjoyed. up until then I only played fantasy, but started to get in to more modern era role plays. Thus I began X-men role plays, however its hard to find a good x-men forum.
Any who, now I try to hold my own DnD parties in which I run (or DM or GM.. what ever you like)

so that's the long and short of my role play history. Each role play, including this one, I have kept the same character trying to develop him more and more. (save the x-men ones. I created a new character for that)

Besides role playing I'm very in to Music. I play both rhythm guitar and drums. I dabble in bass as well, but i'm not that good. I'm currently trying to start my own solo project called 'Dreams Of Eden". However I cant sing for my life, so that makes it a bit hard...

I'm also an artist. I went to college and graduated with a degree in Animation where I graduated as one of the top of my class. There I also got in to script writing and even more enthused about directing.

well... I don't really know what else to put, so I'll get to this RP.
I read all the noob posts to see how to get started, but I'm still a bit fuzzy on a few things. First off, do I make a character sheet thing? if so, where and is there a lay out you wish me to follow?
Also is there anything else I should do before I go searching for a thread to introduce myself? (myself being my character)
Thanks in advance for your help! :O)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Impisus
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Ellow!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:56 am

Welcome to our forum! Have a fishy stick.
The first thing to realize about this site is: this is not one RPG. It is a huge collection of text-based RPG's.

How you make a character sheet is decided by the Game Master of the particular RPG you join. Typcially, the process goes like this:

The GM will describe the scenario that the RPG will be about. He will then lay down the rules of the game. At the end of his first post will be a "character skeleton." A typical character skeleton looks like this:

Name:
Bio:

All you do is fill in the blanks. When all the blanks are filled, the character skeleton has become a bona-fide character sheet. Just post the character sheet in the thread you want to roleplay in.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Impisus on Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:01 pm

Ok, that helps a lot!

Thanks. NOW OFF TO RP!

Impisus
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:51 pm

Hail and welcome to the gateway. I am Irish Wolf, the bored. I hope you have a good time with us here and find a few games to your liking. Anyways, if your looking for a game to start off on with us, might I suggest one of my own? Its set in a Napoleonic world and have blood crazed elves: shipwreaked-strange-shore-ooc-t14934.html

Oh and as member of the staff, I should tell you to give the rules and the user manual a look over so you don't get in trouble without knowing it.

Rules: the-official-roleplaygateway-rules-t1369.html

Manual: the-rpg-user-manual-t7.html
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!