Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Everything has changed (Closed)

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Everything has changed (Closed)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:40 pm

Looks: Image
Name: Cole Cooper

It was a Sunday morning, sunny, bright, birds chirping outside and as good as any other spring day. Cole was asleep in his apartment, curled up in the sheets with a random girl that he picked up last night at the club. After a crazy night of partying he couldn't wait to sleep all day and relax, just to gear up for the next weekend.

When he heard the knock on the door he groaned and looked at the clock, 8AM. Whoever was knocking on his door obviously had a death wish. He stood up and stumbled a bit, still slightly drunk and looked around, finding some jersey shorts. He stumbled down the hall and ripped the door open. He looked over the woman standing there with a clipboard full of papers and a crying young girl, he guessed about 15 or 16. "Uh.. sorry I think you have the wrong apartment." He said slamming the door shut.

The social worker stopped the door with her hand and said, "Cole? Cole Cooper?" He rolled his eyes and let her push the door open. "Yeah that's me don't you know what time it is? What do you want?"

She spoke up again, "Cole, I think we should talk about this inside."

He shook his head, "No.. I don't know you.. either of you. If you think I got this girl pregnant or something.."

She finally stopped and said, "Cole, this is your sister. Your mother passed away last night..we need to talk."

Cole stopped dead in his tracks and was immediately awake. He looked over at the girl and back at the social worker. He hadn't seen his mother in 10 years, yet he was immediately saddened. "Wha..what? I don't have a sister." He took a deep breath. "Jesus.. I'm awake now. Come in"
"And when someone apologizes to you enough times for things they’ll never stop doing, I think it’s FEARLESS to stop believing them. It’s FEARLESS to say “you’re NOT sorry”, and walk away. I think allowing yourself to cry on the bathroom floor is FEARLESS. Letting go is FEARLESS. Then, moving on and being alright…That’s FEARLESS too." - Taylor Swift

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Everything has changed (Closed)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DivineFantasy on Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:59 pm

Looks:
Name: Kelli Parker

Kelli body was still in shock she had found out a week ago that had mother had perished in a fatal car accident. Kelli at the time had been spending the weekend at a friend's house when the police had tracked her down and told her the terrible news about her mother's passing. Kelli naturally had broke down and cried for hours, after she was all cried out the police explained to her in detail what had happened and what was going to happen for that point on. Kelli's father had died when she was twelve to cancer, her mother was now gone and she had no living relatives, at least not that she knew of. Her friend's mom had taken her in as the ACS looked into what they could do for her, and to her amazement that had found her brother. As far as she had known she was an only child but as her mother's will had shown Kelli did have a brother and this was now the only living relative she had left.

It had been long drive to home of her new brother's and Kelli had cried the whole way there. She still couldn't believe her mother was gone and that she had a brother. As the social worker walked her to the door Kelli had done her best to stop her tears with not much success. The man who had answered the door looked a mess and Kelli was really hoping deep down that this guy was not related to her. The social worker had begun to open her mouth as the guy attempted to slam the door in both of their faces claiming they had the wrong apartment, but the social worker caught the door before it shut and went about talking to the man.

"Cole? Cole Cooper?" Kelli saw the man she now knew as Cole roll his eyes as the women pushed the door open. "Yeah that's me don't you know what time it is? What do you want?"

The social worker then quickly went about things telling the man that his mother was dead and asking if she and his "sister" could come inside. After hearing the news Kelli could tell Cole had taken a blow to the gut as he allowed the two females into his home. Kelli walked inside slowly walking behind the social worker and she glanced over the place, as they walked into the living and took a seat.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DivineFantasy
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:28 pm

As they walked into the living room it was a mess. There were video games and Dvds sprawled all over the floor in front of the Flat Screen TV. There were no curtains or pictures on the wall, It just wasn't homey and definitely not somewhere that a 16 year old girl would live. The furniture and the apartment were nice though, and if it was cleaned up, it might be okay.

Cole thanked god they hadn't walked into the kitchen, bottles of liquor everywhere, a sink full of dishes and even more of a mess with take out containers piling out of the garbage. There were two rooms in the back though, so he had that going for him, but he wasn't giving a tour right now.

He got them into the living room and said, "Excuse me for a second, let me just put a shirt on." He left the two of them in the living room and headed to his room. Firstly he found a bottle of asprin taking two of them. He was hung over, his head throbbing. He just wanted to go back to sleep.

He found a shirt and threw it on, then whispered to the girl curled up in his sheets to keep quiet and he'd be back in a few minutes, then came back out into the living room.

"Alright... I.. Are you sure this is my sister?" He asked obviously trying to make sense of things.

The social worked explained everything and he ran his hand through his hair. "My mom.. she.. My mother didn't know how I am. I am no person to raise a kid.. I wish that I was but.. I'm only 22."

The social worked explained the options to Cole, "Well the options are that Kelli will be placed with you, you will care for her. If you need parenting classes or any assistance we can help you. The other option is not pleasant. Kelli will be placed in a foster home until she is 18."

She let that sink in for both of them. Cole's head was spinning and he wasn't sure what to do. He looked over the girl who looked like she had been crying for days, which was explainable. He sighed again and felt for the girl. She was his blood whether he knew it or not, and he couldn't let her be bounced around randomly in foster homes.

"Alright, say I agree to take care of her, what happens?" He asked biting his lip.

"It's pretty simple. You will have to come to the office for paperwork and what not but after that unless you need us we will be out of your lives."

He nodded for a second, "A... Alright. I guess we can give it a try."

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DivineFantasy on Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:01 pm

Kelli sat on the edge of the couch not really exactly at home in this place. However looking around her "brother's" bachelor pad she couldn't really be blamed, there were dvds and videos games spread all over the living room and as she looked over the walls she saw no exist of family. She turned and look over at Cole as he excused himself to go put on a shirt, which she was glad about. Once Cole was gone the social worker turned to Kelli "So what do you think about your new brother?" she asked questionably, Kelli to be honest wasn't sure what to make of Cole. From what she tell by first glance his was a twenty two year old bachelor who had no cares in the world, especially not when it came to his place. Kelli just gave a small shrug of the shoulders "I just want to go home" she answered honestly although she knew very well she wasn't returning to the place she once called home.

The social worker looked as if she was about to say something when Cole walked back into the room. "Alright... I.. Are you sure this is my sister?" was the first question to come out of Cole's mouth the social worker nodded then went into explanation mode filling Cole in on everything.

"My mom.. she.. My mother didn't know how I am. I am no person to raise a kid.. I wish that I was but.. I'm only 22."

Kelli looked over at Cole she could tell he was telling the truth when he said he wasn't the type to raise a kid. I mean the guy was bachelor how many bachelors were responsible for raising kids, especially kids they didn't even no. The social worker then explained the options that were on the table to Cole, and as far as those options went either Kelli was with him or she was going to be in foster care. At the mention of the words "foster care" Kelli's eyes widened as she turned to social worker "I can't go to foster care" Kelli voice was hushed and raspy due to all of her crying.

The social worker said nothing placing a gently hand on Kelli's knee, "Alright, say I agree to take care of her, what happens?" Kellie looked over at Cole she couldn't believe that he was actually considering taking her in.

"It's pretty simple. You will have to come to the office for paperwork and what not but after that unless you need us we will be out of your lives." the social worker explained making sound like a quick and simple process.

Kelli turned to and looked at Cole and after a long dreadful second he gave a nod, "A... Alright. I guess we can give it a try." Kelli felt a mix of emotions at the moment she was still sadden by her mother's death, she felt happy knowing she wasn't going to foster care but unsure about whether or not she truly wanted to stay with a guy she didn't even know. After about ten minutes of conversing with Cole about the next steps of becoming Kelli's guardian the woman left saying she would be sending Kelli's things.

Once the woman was gone Kelli just sat in the living room in silence, she had no idea what she was suppose to do or say at this moment.

DivineFantasy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:30 am

As soon as he saw her reaction to foster car it was like he was punched in the gut and instantly felt for this girl. It was obvious just by looking at the two of them that they were brother and sister and he couldn't just turn his back on this girl, whether he knew her or not.

His heart spoke before he had a chance for his brain to catch up and tell him how stupid of an idea this was. He was 22, he couldn't take care of this girl and give her the things she needed. He had no job, no stability in his life and those were things he would need to get through this.

Cole couldn't believe that he'd agreed to this and in an instant the social worker was gone. He was left alone with Kelli. Suddenly things were silent and he had to figure out the next steps before them. He took a deep breath, ran his hand through his hair and stood up. "Okay... I.." He stopped for a moment and looked at her.

A million thoughts were running through his head and he had drifted off into a mix of visions from the last time he'd seen his mother, the last time he'd seen his father, imagining what it would be like to have a little sister growing up. He'd always hated being an only child, especially when his dad was always away. He didn't know family, he never had which lead him to the attitude he had now. He cared about himself and only himself. He didn't know how to care for anyone else. He couldn't believe that his mother and father had kept this from him. He hadn't seen his mother in years and his father had died shortly after the last time he'd seen his mother. He was left with his aunt according to his fathers will and had grown up on a trust fund as soon as he turned 18.

He brought himself back to reality and said, "Look... I have no clue what I'm doing here. I'm not going to pretend that I do, but you're my blood and I can't let you suffer through foster care." He said giving her the truth of what was going through his head. He sat down in the chair across from the couch. "So what do you need from me?" He asked her knowing that she would know better than he would.

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DivineFantasy on Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:35 pm

Kelli felt uncomfortable in her new home, it was nothing like the house she lived in with her mother. Her life before the accident had been so simple and easy, even without her dad around her mother had managed to support herself and Kelli. She had supported Kelli in all ways possible and sitting on the couch now looking at her brother in total silence she wasn't sure if he was going to be able to do that for her.

Even the though the two didn't look like twins you could see sort of a family resembles between them. Whether Kelli wanted this or not Cole was her brother and by her look of their mother's will she wanted the two of them to be together and know each other. Sitting there in awkward silence Kelli wondered why she had never met her brother. There were defiantly a lot of possibilities running through her mind about why he hadn't come around, she just settled on the thought that maybe Cole and their parents had had some kind of falling out and he had just said good riddance to family. It would certainly explain why there were no pictures up of their family around his place.

Cole was the first one to break the silence "Look... I have no clue what I'm doing here. I'm not going to pretend that I do, but you're my blood and I can't let you suffer through foster care." Kelli could tell that he had no idea what he was doing but she appreciated the fact that even know he didn't know anything about her other than the fact that they were blood he had agreed to let her say with him. He sat down in the chair across from the couch. "So what do you need from me?" Kelli thought for a moment she had never been asked this question. "Well honestly speaking not much. I mean am sixteen so I can feed, dress, and take care of myself. Beside the social worker said they would being my things, so I guess the only thing I really need from you right now is a place to sleep. You do have a spare bedroom in this place right ?" she asked not really wanna to have to sleep on the couch.

DivineFantasy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:01 am

"What about School? And Food, and stuff like that? Should I just give you money? Here.." He looked around for his wallet on the side table and inside. It was empty. He must have spent a little more than he wanted to at the bar last night but that wasn't a problem he had a pretty much unlimited trust fund to live off of and he wouldn't worry about that right now. "Well.. I have my debit card I can go get some food. Or order in." He said trying to make things right.

Cole really wanted Kelli to be as comfortable as possible for what she was going through. He wouldn't comfort her with love and affection like she really probably needed at that moment but with Money like had been done to him so many times in the past and for his entire life growing up.

"We can go to the store for until your things get here. I'm sure you need something. I just... Hold on" He said pausing for a minute. "Don't go anywhere." He headed into his room and woke the girl up that was asleep in his bed. She murmured softly about how great last night was, asking him if he wanted to go at it again and he just shook his head, gathering her clothes throwing them at her basically. "No.. No.. I.. Family Emergency you need to go right now."

The girl was pissed off but got her clothes on and quickly left the apartment quietly. He came back into the living room and looked at Kelli... "I'm sorry about that. If I'd of known you were coming..."

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DivineFantasy on Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:51 am

"What about School? And Food, and stuff like that? Should I just give you money? Here.." Kelli watched as Cole searched for cash to supply her with when he couldn't find any in the side table he'd checked in he looked at her "Well.. I have my debit card I can go get some food. Or order in." Kelli appreciated the fact that he was trying so hard but she didn't want to feel like she was being more of a burden on him then she already was. Just a mere couple of hours ago Cole had been an alone child without a care in a world as far as Kelli could tell and now he was responsible to care for a girl that he didn't even know.

"Um thanks but that's not really necessary Cole. I mean as far as school goes I guess either am going to be transferring to a school near here or I guess I will learn to take public transportation." Kelli had already lost both of her parents and to lose her friends now was defiantly the last thing she wanted but she didn't really see how she was going to keep going to her old school with her new residence. "As far as food goes am sixteen. I know how to feed myself ... and others for that matter. As long as you have food in the kitchen am sure I'll be fine."

"We can go to the store for until your things get here. I'm sure you need something. I just... Hold on" she was going to say something but before she could say anything Cole interrupted her "Don't go anywhere." Just like that he was gone running off to some other part of apartment Kelli just sighed shaking her head honestly were did he think she would go.

A couple of minutes later out of the corner of her eye Kelli could see a woman exiting the apartment and she did not look happy about it. Cole reentered the living room seconds later "I'm sorry about that. If I'd of known you were coming..." Kelli held up her hand "No need to explain ... I get it .. I guess." she let out a small giggle as she shook her head again "So you said something about shopping right. Let's hit the stores."

DivineFantasy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:59 pm

Cole knew that things were about to change drastically in the next few days. He knew that although Kelli said that she would be alright and take public transportation and all of that but he knew that the idea of that wasn't very realistic. They would both have to change and he was going to have to learn to change his ways as well.

He smiled though when she giggled and knew that things would be okay. He nodded, "Shopping, got it." He said looking around. He found his car keys on the counter and headed into his room changing into some jeans and a tee-shirt. He was still hungover as hell and he looked it but he already felt responsible and like he had to step up and take care of Kelli.

"Alright I'm ready." He said grabbing his wallet and opening the door.

They headed to the mall near his house and he said, "Get whatever you want okay?" As they went inside he let Kelli drag him around and paid when needed to.

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DivineFantasy on Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:22 pm

"Shopping, got it." Cole said grabbing his car keys and then left going to his room to changed clothes. Kelli walked over to the door and waited for Cole to change into some decent clothing then when he returned he grabbed his wallet and opened the door and the two left to the mall.

The mall wasn't far from the apartment which was bonus in her mind. "Get whatever you want okay?" Cole said to her as they entered the mall "Those are not words you should ever say to a teenage girl. Give me that kind of power and I'll have us both bankrupted by noon" she said sarcastically as she looked around the mall. The mall had a lot of the stores she liked but she was putting necessities before new outfits and makeup.

She looked up at Cole "Well I guess first we should go get somethings for my new bedroom. Come on lets head to the Bed Bath & Beyond store" she said grabbing Cole and dragging Cole to the store. Once in the store she went about collect things for her new bedroom.

DivineFantasy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:40 pm

Cole realized that telling her to get whatever she wanted probably wasn't the smartest idea after she told him off sarcastically, "Those are not words you should ever say to a teenage girl. Give me that kind of power and I'll have us both bankrupted by noon." He smiled slightly and shook his head and added, "Yeah, let's stick to necessities."

As she said they should go to Bed, Bath & Beyond Cole rolled his eyes slightly. That store was every mans worst nightmare and the only time he went in there was when he had to buy gifts for someone. He honestly couldn't remember the last time he had been. As they went in he followed behind her, not too closely pushing the cart as she went to collect things for her new room.

"You might want to get some towels and stuff too, I only have a few." He added thinking about how his apartment was seriously lacking. He picked up a set of pots and pans and some random cooking stuff as they went by throwing it in the cart. They would need it he was sure. "I want you to feel at home so get anything you want. We can put whatever up in the apartment or something." He said trying to make things as smooth as possible for Kelli.

Soon after Bed Bath & Beyond they took that stuff to the car and headed back inside to get some clothes for until her things came in. Again, Cole followed behind quietly with not much opinion.

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DivineFantasy on Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:05 pm

Kelli had gathered up the things she felt she needed to tie her room over until the rest of her things were delivered to the apartment. She didn't much so she just got some new sheets, pillow cases and comforters for her bed and she also got some drapes for the windows. She walked over to where Cole was standing with the cart and she put her things inside "You might want to get some towels and stuff too, I only have a few."

Kelli nodded "Okay I'll be right back" she said leaving Cole with the cart to go get the bathroom supplies. She got the towels and rags from the bath department of the store and caught up with Cole in the kitchen section were he was getting some pots, pans and other kitchen necessities. "I want you to feel at home so get anything you want. We can put whatever up in the apartment or something." Kelli smiled "Thanks Cole."

After Cole had paid for everything in the cart they took the bags to the car before returning back inside the mall so Kelli could do some clothes shopping. Shopping was one of Kelli's top five things to do and she was about to prove it as she dragged Cole in and out of her favorite clothing stores. Kelli had taken Cole to Forever 21, Hollister, American Eagle, Urban Outfitters and several other stores.

Once Kelli had done enough clothes shopping she asked Cole for the credit card "Seeing as I doubt you really want to go makeup shopping with me you can just go to the car I'll be quick" she said taking the credit card. She ran into Sephora and got brought herself new makeup, moisturizer, perfume and other things and after purchasing her new items she left the mall and went to the car.

DivineFantasy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:17 pm

It was pure torture being dragged through Forever 21, Hollister, American Eagle, Urban Outfitters and whatever other stores his little sister had dragged him into and for a moment he was thankful that he hadn't met her until then. Any more of these trips and he might die, although he did managed to pick up a few things for himself, even though he didn't really need them. They spent the majority of the day at the mall though and Cole was happy that he was able to make Kelli comofrtable in his apartment, even if she probably didn't want to be there.

Cole hoped that things would work out between the two of them and that he wouldn't regret what he had agreed to. He had partied all his life, or at least since he could remember and he didn't want that person, the person who didn't date because of partying, didn't have a steady job because of partying, he didn't want that person coming out and ruining things with the only family he really had.

When she offered to let him go to the car while she went make up shopping he gladly handed over his credit card and headed back to the car waiting patiently. When Kelli came out he drove off and said, "We should probably get some food for the house... it's pretty bare there." He offered as he drove towards the grocery store.

They got there and went through buying a little bit of everything, Cole mostly threw junk in the cart. They walked around and he said, "Are you allergic to anything? Probably something I should know." He wanted to get to know his little sister. He figured this might be a good first step.

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DivineFantasy on Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:07 pm

Getting in the car Cole pulled off driving from the mall. At first Kelli had thought they were heading back to the apartment but she noticed they were heading in a different direction "We should probably get some food for the house... it's pretty bare there" Kelli shrugged "Well I don't think letting your little sister die of starvation would look good to child services."

When the car stopped in front of the grocery store Kelli got out the car and followed Cole inside. Kelli watched her brother shop he threw in bits of ever food group but the one that consumed the cart had to go to the junk food. "Are you allergic to anything? Probably something I should know." Kelli shook her head "Nope. No allergies once so ever." Glancing back into the cart she rolled her eyes "Okay I think its best for me to take over the food shopping because with the way you shop am going get enormous living with you."

Kelli took hold of an empty cart she put a couple of the junk food items Cole had put in the cart into her cart but she left the majority of the junk in the other cart. Then she went about food shopping for real food putting different fruits, vegetables, meats, spices and other things she would need for cooking. After the cart was filled she walked to the check out and waited for Cole to pay for the food.

DivineFantasy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:18 pm

Cole gave in and let Kelli take over the shopping. As they went to the check out he thought to himself, I don't think there has ever been a piece of fruit in that apartment. He was aware things were about to change drastically and he didn't know if he was completely ready for it. It started to freak him out a little bit.

After he swiped his credit card and they loaded all of the groceries back into the car he got in and drove towards home. He tried to make small talk to keep his mind quiet from freaking out. "So what do you like to do for fun? Do you have a boyfriend? How far away did you guys live? What about your friends and school?" He blurted out the questions all quickly in order and then laughed slightly, "Sorry.. that was a lot."

He got himself together before they got back and started to carry things in the apartment. They had bought a lot of stuff. Cole grabbed his few bags from the mall taking them into his room and dropping them next to his closet and then came back out and helped Kelli put away the groceries. Once they finished he said, "Do you need any help getting your things in your room straightened? If there is anything in there you want moved let me know.." He offered.

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DivineFantasy on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:21 pm

Kelli helped Cole take the groceries to the car, between the clothes, food, and stuff from Bed Bath and Beyond the car had gotten pretty full. She climbed into the passenger seat of the car and relaxed as Cole pulled off now driving to the apartment. While in the car Cole decided to try and make small talk starting off with a bunch of questions one following after the other.

"So what do you like to do for fun? Do you have a boyfriend? How far away did you guys live? What about your friends and school?" when Cole started laughing Kelli joined him in the laughter, "Sorry.. that was a lot." Kelli nodded "Yeah it was" she paused for a moment she could understand why Cole asked so many questions this was their first meeting and there was a lot to find out about one another.

"Well I like to do lots of thing for fun. I mean I do cheerleading and hanging out with my friends. I like to jump around singing and dancing mostly when am alone thought so no worries for you there. I like to draw usually sketches and mostly of animals because for some reason I find drawing people to be difficult and like all teenagers I love music, social networking, taking photos and I guess watching tv can go in there too" she said finishing up with a smile. "As far as the boyfriend thing goes I had one but we broke up and our house wasn't to far from here I mean like a forty-five minute drive I guess. And as for your last question what about that stuff I mean I have to start all over anyway so no need to talk about it." Kelli said finishing off all of Cole's questions.

When they got to the apartment Kelli helped Cole bring everything in the apartment. Kelli had found a bedroom that was unoccupied and put her things down in the room. Going to the kitchen Kelli put the groceries away with Cole's help, the kitchen wasn't exactly spotless but Kelli decided she would clean that situation up after she finished with her new room. "Do you need any help getting your things in your room straightened? If there is anything in there you want moved let me know.." Cole said offering a helping hand. "No I'll be fine. I am not exactly sure what I want to do with the room as of now so its just better I handle it on my own" she said nicely rejecting his offer then she left him and went to her room to get started.

DivineFantasy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:12 pm

Cole listened as Kelli answered his questions, trying to legitimately get to know her since they would be living together for a while. When she gave the last answer "I need to start all over anyway so no need to talk about it" he instantly felt like crap. He didn't want her to have to start over, especially after losing her mom but he wasn't sure that there was anything he could do about it at the moment so he tried to stay upbeat about things and not bring Kelli down anymore. He made a mental note to call the social worker and ask her what she suggested. He had a feeling he'd be calling her a lot. He just wasn't the right person for this and was starting to feel it more and more but he knew that he had to suppress those feelings for Kelli's sake.

When they got back to the apartment and got everything put away Cole had offered to help but Kelli declined. She said "I'm not exactly sure what I want to do with the room as of now so it's just better I handle it on my own". He wasn't sure if that was truthful answer or if she just didn't want him bugging her anymore or what. He paced around the apartment with a million thoughts running through his head and peeked in a few times asking if she needed anything.

He finally gave up and sat down on the couch, turning on ESPN. Within minutes he was passed out asleep, having only gotten a few hours the night before. When he woke up it was around 10 o'clock. He wiped his eyes and prayed for a second that the whole day had been a dream. He looked over the edge of the couch and saw all of the bags from their shopping trip and groaned softly, getting up. He peeked in on Kelli again, "Hey you should have woken me up I'd have made dinner or something."

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DivineFantasy on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:52 pm

Kelli looked over her new room she had a lot of work to do before she claimed this room as her own. Before putting any of her new things up she went about cleaning up the room. She went out into the hallway and got out cleaning supplies then re-entered her room and did a clean swipe. Its not that she felt Cole was a dirty person but he didn't seem like the cleaning type beside giving his apparent lifestyle she didn't even want to think about what could have gone down in the bed.

The spring cleaning and cleansing of her new room had take a good forty five minutes and all while she was cleaning Cole repeatedly check in on her asking if she needed anything. Honestly after the first couple of times she started to get slightly annoyed but she wasn't about to crush his good efforts or his spirits. When she walked out into the hallway to return the cleaning supplies she could hear the ESPN channel on she gave a sigh of relief finally he's relaxing she thought to herself walking back to her room.

Between the rotating furniture, taking down the old stuff and putting the new stuff up it had taken Kelli a little over an hour to complete her room. Looking around her new room thought she was satisfied now all she had to do was wait for her others things from her old home to be delivered and her room here would be truly complete. She took out her phone and saw that it was 9:15 she hadn't realized how long it had taken her, she gathered up all of the old stuff and took it into the kitchen. Stuffing the junk into garbage bags she decided she would take out in the morning.

After all of her hard work she was starving and wondered if Cole was planning on making dinner tonight or if they would be ordering out. She went to where Cole had fallen asleep on the couch she giggled to herself I guess this day has taken a lot out of him she shrugged to herself turning off the tv. Then she turned and walked to the kitchen "I guess I'll make dinner tonight" she said thinking aloud she went about taking things out to make dinner with. Kelli decided on making chicken enchiladas it was simple to make and a quick fix. It had taken her a half an hour to finish the food she was going to wake up Cole but decided to let him sleep. She made her plate and ate it in her bedroom when she done she washed her utensils out and cleaned up the kitchen putting the leftover enchiladas in the oven.

She went back to her room and took out a pair of new pjs that she had brought from the mall. Kelli was ready to go take a shower when Cole peeked in "Hey you should have woken me up I'd have made dinner or something." Kelli looked over her shoulder at Cole "No need I made dinner. Leftovers are in the oven" she said walking pass Cole and taking a rag and towel out of the Bed Bath and Beyond bag "Am gonna go take a shower" she said walking to the bathroom.

DivineFantasy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:11 pm

Cole was slightly shocked that she was so okay at the moment and that she had gotten things together, and made dinner. He peeked in on her room and everything was in place and clean with a few blank spots for her things from home. He still felt horrible that she had to make the adjustment to this small apartment and a new life and there was nothing he could do about it, but he seemed to be more upset over it than she was.

He walked into the kitchen and expected dishes and a mess but didn't find it. He opened the oven and the smell of the enchiladas filled the kitchen. He couldn't resist pulling them out and eating a few. He grabbed a plate and filled it, then sat at the island in his kitchen and ate quietly. He heard his phone ringing from his room and thought, "Oh shit.." He ran for it but missed the call, and 14 more of them.

15 missed calls. He looked through them and they were all girls or friends that he partied with. He had a bunch of texts asking him where he was and why he wasn't out. He sent out a mass text back "Family issues be out soon. Drink for me!" He set his phone back on the bedside stand and finished his food and did his dishes. He covered the enchiladas and put them in the fridge so he could steal some for breakfast in the morning.

After Kelli came out of the shower he said, "Hey do you want to watch a movie or something?" Cole was bored and usually he was out at the clubs by now, a few drinks in him and preparing for a night of fun. He knew that was going to change but he'd probably drive Kelli up the wall before it did without driving him crazy of boredom.

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DivineFantasy on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:19 am

Kelli came out of the shower towel wrapped around her body her hair dripping wet from the shower. She went into her room and changed into her pjs, today had been in incredibly draining day and she was just ready to hop into her bed and go to sleep. She walked back to the bathroom and hung her towel on the rack behind the door then exiting the bathroom she saw Cole standing with a bored look on his face. "Hey do you want to watch a movie or something?" Kelli honestly was tired but she felt like she sort of owed Cole this movie time in a weird way. She shrugged "Well as long as its not some creepy horror flick am in" she thought for a moment "Let's do an action movie or maybe a romantic comedy or something of the three" she said walking pass Cole to the living room. She took a seat on the couch and waited for Cole to pick a movie.

DivineFantasy
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!