Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

-Expired- Professor Applications

a topic in The Academy, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Scholars

Wanting to improve your writing? The Scholars are here to help! Find guides, tutorials, and even 1-on-1 mentoring threads here!

-Expired- Professor Applications

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordSaladin on Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:45 pm

As a Professor for the RPA, you must be able to portray yourself as a perfect exemplary member of the RPGateway community. Holding a position of seniority within the community, you must be able to treat all others with respect, carry yourself with maturity, and most of all be an approachable and easy going person.

The role transcends far above just teaching others how to RolePlay. You will, essentially, become a member of the staff of the site, and will be a figure that gives an example of the leaders of the community. Everything you do, both on the forums, and in the chat, if ever you visit, needs to be of a manner that represents the RPA, and indeed the entire RPGateway site, in a way that promotes the fact we are a professional organisation that welcomes all newcomers, regardless of skill or experience.

Aside from the way you carry yourself, it is important that you can demonstrate an advanced level of Rping skill. You must have a sound understand of the rudiments, and, even though you will only be teaching a single subject, you must be able to apply sound understanding of all elements of RP.

We are not wanting to scare people off from becoming a Professor of the Academy, it is just important that those wishing to become a part of the Academy understand what the role carries with it.

To apply, you must first fill in the following application form:

Code: Select all
Username:

RolePlaying experience:

Subject(s) you are wanting to teach:

Examples of your RPing: ((These should be from within the last couple of months, and can be from any site, not just
What will you bring to the Academy?: ((Include here anything you feel will be an asset to the Academy, including but not limited to in terms of Rping))

What will make you a great professor?:

As with applications for students, all Professor applications will be replied to in the actual post that has been made, so keep an eye out on your posts. Then, one we receive acknowledgement that you have seen the response, the application will be moved to the archives folder.
Please tell me now what life is, Please tell me now what love is... Again, tell me what life is.

Tiko says: Saladin: Damn it, leave my hole alone.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LordSaladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Concierge

Re: Professor Applications

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtFreakAngel on Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:52 pm

I really think that I could help somebody roleplay better, while upholding the high standards of Roleplay Gateway.

Username: ArtFreakAngel

Roleplaying Exerience: I will have been with Roleplay Gateway a full year, in May.

Subject I want to Teach: Character Creation

Examples of Rping: Mine isn't really an example. I wrote it in a pm to the flyingmonkeychild when he was planning to start a Lord of the Rings thread.

Name: Glacyn(gla{as in glad}-sea-in)
Race: Elf
Height: 6 Feet
Weight: 130 Pounds
Appearence: Long, Straight, Ice Blonde Hair/Light Brown Eyes, Fair Skin
Attire: Navy Blue Tunic, Black Cloak, Black Boots, Very Dark Wrist Guards, "Circlet of Seasons"
Items: Silver Bow(obviously), Enchanted Pendant(Soothing Aroma Inside), Small Bronze Dagger
Home: Lothlòrien
Parents: Lord Celeborn and Lady Galadrial
Biography: As everyone knows, Lady Galadrial was given the Nenya, the Ring of Water. However, she did not use it, as she was aware of Sauron's power. Glacyn was the beloved son of Lord Celeborn and Lady Galadrial. The elves of Lothlòrien held much disdain at having to succumb to somebody so young. Despite this, Glacyn led a generally happy life. He made many exscursions out with his mother. She taught him love and well-being, while his father taught him courage, strength, and faithfulness to the law. He had always been faithful to them, except when it came to his mother's ring. It's obvious power had always bewildered him. He was fascinated, and yet disgusted.

One day, as he was walking among the living areas, he heard a man screaming. He pulled jout his dagger and ran towards the noise. When he got there, he saw a group of ominous looking elves standing over a corpse. Something was wrong with the men. One of them was clutching something sparkeling in his hands. The men seemed strange, changed somehow. Anyhow, he was about to run to his father, when they spotted him. The whole lot chased after them. They followed him out of Lothlòrien and into unknown territory. They finally split up, all going in different directions.

Glacyn hid behind a tree, following his father's slow-breathing technique, until one of them spotted him. The man chased after him, large sword in hand. Glacyn dived behind some underbrush, and took out his bow. He took aim at the man, and released. When he approached the man's body, he saw a glint, coming from his hand. From inside, he found a strange ring. It emanated with power, and Glacyn couldn't help but put it on. He felt dark, power-hungry even. His thoughts changed back to his mother's ring. He ran as fast as he could back to Lothlòrien.

When he arrived, still wearing the ring, arrows were launched in his direction. His father's voice startled him, "Begone evil one! You are not welcome here." Glacyn was about to speak up when another volley of arrows was launched at him, then more and more. He ran from Lothlòrien, dodging arrows left and right. When he was far away, he took off the ring. He felt feint, and light-headed. His eyes shut and he collapsed.

When he awoke, he was behind wooden bars. His bow was gone, but his dagger was still hidden. He took it out and broke through the thin bars. He spotted his bow up against the wall. He grabbed it, and ran toward an opening. Outside, he realized, he was much farther from home then he remembered.

What will make me a great professor?: Not only am I very well immersed in the English language, I love to manipulate it in ways that amaze others. I have written stories, songs, poems, and speechs.

That will be all. =)
I'm collecting moving avatars. If you have one, send it to me in a private message.
ImageImageImageImageImage

If the music moves you, the people care about you, and the place is like home, savor the moment!

Time stands still for no one! What are you standing around for, there's chocolate to be eaten.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ArtFreakAngel
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!